All ticket/travel information thread - 2012/13 -Touting will not be tolerated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin

Its not just football either, you get these people who buy the concert tickets on line, next minute they are on ebay, making a living out of it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The club advertising those short term season tickets was actually quite an awful idea.

No doubt many went into the hands of touts, who perhaps picked them up for £300-350, but can try and make most of that back off just the Madrid game.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The club advertising those short term season tickets was actually quite an awful idea.

No doubt many went into the hands of touts, who perhaps picked them up for £300-350, but can try and make most of that back off just the Madrid game.
Huge numbers were bought by touts, hence the club panicking like feck and the increase in ticket checks at OT in recent weeks.

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
Huge numbers were bought by touts, hence the club panicking like feck and the increase in ticket checks at OT in recent weeks.
They really are vigilant as feck recently scanning every ticket even my lad gets the treatment. fecking touts.

hp88

The best bit is you've got people openly touting them on twitter. People seem to be reporting them, and hopefully they'll get them taken off them and get passed onto the fans!
There was one idiot who listed the block, row and seat number. He wanted £400 for a haribo sweet which came with a free Real Madrid ticket.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The best bit is you've got people openly touting them on twitter. People seem to be reporting them, and hopefully they'll get them taken off them and get passed onto the fans!
The one time I used twitter was when I was after a ticket for the West Brom game over Christmas (seemingly the hardest game ever to get a ticket for!)

There was one guy on twitter I noticed, who arranged to buy at least 7 or 8 tickets off different people. Clearly a twattish tout.

hp88

Will there be much of this going on on Monday evening?
It's mainly people with OAP and child tickets who are getting stopped. You will be ok in Stretty, stewards stand outside the turnstile but just walk past them and scan your card.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
It's mainly people with OAP and child tickets who are getting stopped. You will be ok in Stretty, stewards stand outside the turnstile but just walk past them and scan your card.
Cheers, man.

Incidentally, the only time this season I've had to use an OAP ticket was the Spurs game back in September and I got in no questions asked. I should be grand on Monday so.

Manchesters Finest

A pint of Boddies!
Northern Monkey from t'other side o' Pennines
hi guys i know this is very unlikely to happen. but i need two tickets to the madrid game, got chubbed like most people .

im taking my dad for the first time to old trafford wish it would be this game.

so if any has spare tickets please pm me . thanks
Chances of 2 together for this are slim at best.

Infact, one is probably slim at best.

You're probably best eyeing up Reading tonight or the next round of the cup for his first game if you want 2 together.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
hi guys i know this is very unlikely to happen. but i need two tickets to the madrid game, got chubbed like most people .

im taking my dad for the first time to old trafford wish it would be this game.

so if any has spare tickets please pm me . thanks
Probably shouldn't choose Real fecking Madrid at home for his first game?

rvn_10

A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... B
Probably shouldn't choose Real fecking Madrid at home for his first game?

Hes very passionat for united and always hated madrid. he couldnt go to games before as he works all the time and recently retired. and we will ne in manchester that time so why not!? :) he really deserve it

10 years was the last time we played them. who knows when we will again.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Hes very passionat for united and always hated madrid. he couldnt go to games before as he works all the time and recently retired. and we will ne in manchester that time so why not!? :) he really deserve it

10 years was the last time we played them. who knows when we will again.

Not doubting that your old man is probably a great bloke. But I'd say the thousands of diehard Reds who won't be there because of the corporate/touts/tourists etc etc will have a different view.

muller

Excuse my ignorance - is there any service like viagogo used to do for our home game tickets like 2 years ago? Finally in a financial situation where I might be able to go for the first time in a year.. and take my wife for the first time!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Excuse my ignorance - is there any service like viagogo used to do for our home game tickets like 2 years ago? Finally in a financial situation where I might be able to go for the first time in a year.. and take my wife for the first time!
Viagogo are not working with United anymore and there is nothing official to replace it - so this thread is your best bet for getting tickets

Just make your request here - but dont bother asking for Real or City !

muller

Haha, I'm not quite that stupid.

Simple, yes. Stupid.. Occasionally. It would have to be a Saturday evening , Sunday or Monday night game - and league game would be ideal - I was looking at Villa on a Monday night - pretty likely I guess?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Haha, I'm not quite that stupid.

Simple, yes. Stupid.. Occasionally. It would have to be a Saturday evening , Sunday or Monday night game - and league game would be ideal - I was looking at Villa on a Monday night - pretty likely I guess?
Villa would be a good choice - in fact I can definitely sort you a pair for that if you want, just send me a PM.

muller

Will do closer to the time, just getting an idea how to go about it. Always used to get odd games from viagogo..

Had a season ticket for 3 years when I was at Uni in manc.. Can't tell you how weird it felt not renewing!

RK

The City game is scheduled for Monday 8th April. Does anyone know if this is likely to change (remember reading something was possible)?

Is there a chance we could have a match on the actual weekend of 6-7th April?

hp88

The City game is scheduled for Monday 8th April. Does anyone know if this is likely to change (remember reading something was possible)?

Is there a chance we could have a match on the actual weekend of 6-7th April?
If we beat Madrid they will have to move it as the 2nd leg of the QF is going to be played on the 9th/10 April. The 1st leg is scheduled for 2nd/3rd April so there's a chance we could play them on the 6th/7th.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hopefully it'll work that people are put off entering the ballot because it's a dodgy Monday night game, but then we'll beat Madrid and it becomes a saturday game!

Wishful thinking perhaps!

beller2000

What's the deal with the fa cup qtr final? Why is the date not confirmed still?
think it depends on the result of boro and chelsea next weds. if that game ends in a draw they will have to schedule a replay, which will most likely take place the weekend of the QF games, meaning our game with the winner will prob take place midweek

Rory 7

think it depends on the result of boro and chelsea next weds. if that game ends in a draw they will have to schedule a replay, which will most likely take place the weekend of the QF games, meaning our game with the winner will prob take place midweek
cheers. thanks for that. hmmmm. makes me unsure about buying tickets just yet...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
does anyone know if the club open up the East Tier 2 blocks for sale later than other areas of the ground?

Just asking, as for the Villa game, those areas were never available, and were fully "redded out" (sold out), when normally this is where most of the seats are available (non season ticket areas etc).

Does anyone know if all the extra short term season tickets were sold there?

Liam147

On Probation
does anyone know if the club open up the East Tier 2 blocks for sale later than other areas of the ground?

Just asking, as for the Villa game, those areas were never available, and were fully "redded out" (sold out), when normally this is where most of the seats are available (non season ticket areas etc).

Does anyone know if all the extra short term season tickets were sold there?
Some will have been in the quads and I'm sure some were NT3. There might have even been the odd one in the Stretty, although I could be mistaken on that one.

Does anyone know when the second ballot for home games takes place? Or does it vary between every match?

Status
Not open for further replies.