All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Disclaimer: Redcafe will not accept any responsibility or liability related to any transactions amongst it's members.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Renewed the old season tickets tonight.
Want to make a slight move from lower East 2, but only options were quadrants or NT3.
Therefore, it's bun fight time on June 2nd :)

DuncanEd

Quick question guys.... Is StubHub any good/reliable for selling and buying tickets?
It is a criminal offence to resell football tickets.

The only tickets allowed on stubhub relating to manchester united will be from people who are listed as authorised resellers by manchester united (usually holder of 20+ executive tickets). In other words, legal touting.

Here is one such company, perfectly legal as they are authorised by the club http://www.travel2football.com/

If a club authorises you then it is legal, you can even sell over face value. The key is that you have been authorised by the club and sites like stubhub will want to see the proof you are an authorised reseller.

Sites like ticketbis will let you sell without this authorisation so it is illegal in this country what they are doing but get around the legality because they are in Spain and don't actually sell tickets themselves only offer the mechanism to do so.

Last edited:

DuncanEd

I thought I would provide more context to that above. It is illegal for you to sell your ticket even for face value. That is the law.

As of today United will ban you if caught selling it, especially an away ticket even if it is for £1. You might get the home ban overturned on appeal but make no mistake if they catch you selling your banned three years. An exec will get a second chance and slap on the wrist.

The T & Cs clearly state it can be given but nowhere does it say sold or for face value. I have heard the club this coming season will clarify all this in no uncertain terms. They are apparently working on a secondary ticket exchange much like the one Liverpool and Arsenal have which would be authorisation to sell at face value and solve this grey area.

99% of people do not have an issue on here or outside the ground in doing fv but you must be aware you do not have the green light and if the wrong member of staff sees it they will collar you.

Last edited:

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
It is a criminal offence to resell football tickets.

The only tickets allowed on stubhub relating to manchester united will be from people who are listed as authorised resellers by manchester united (usually holder of 20+ executive tickets). In other words, legal touting.

Here is one such company, perfectly legal as they are authorised by the club http://www.travel2football.com/

If a club authorises you then it is legal, you can even sell over face value. The key is that you have been authorised by the club and sites like stubhub will want to see the proof you are an authorised reseller.

Sites like ticketbis will let you sell without this authorisation so it is illegal in this country what they are doing but get around the legality because they are in Spain and don't actually sell tickets themselves only offer the mechanism to do so.
I thought I would provide more context to that above. It is illegal for you to sell your ticket even for face value. That is the law.

As of today United will ban you if caught selling it, especially an away ticket even if it is for £1. You might get the home ban overturned on appeal but make no mistake if they catch you selling your banned three years. An exec will get a second chance and slap on the wrist.

Now you might get that over turned on appeal if your lucky or if you go to the FSF for help but the T & Cs clearly state it can be given but nowhere does it say sold or for face value. I have heard the club this coming season will clarify all this in no uncertain terms. They are apparently working on a secondary ticket exchange much like the one Liverpool and Arsenal have which would be authorisation to sell at face value and solve this grey area.

99% of people do not have an issue on here or outside the ground in doing fv but you must be aware you do not have the green light and if the wrong member of staff sees it they will collar you.
Thanks for the info :)

Would the same apply to tickets for other sports? I have 3 tickets for the England/Pakistan T20 cricket game in September at OT. My mates cant make it so I dont want to go on my own. I was looking at different ways of selling them as I tried to return them and the club (Lancashire) dont accept returns. I've seen them going on StubHub hence my question...

DuncanEd

Would the same apply to tickets for other sports? I have 3 tickets for the England/Pakistan T20 cricket game in September at OT. My mates cant make it so I dont want to go on my own. I was looking at different ways of selling them as I tried to return them and the club (Lancashire) dont accept returns. I've seen them going on StubHub hence my question...
Not sure about other sports mate, you can email them and ask if it is ok. Thats really how I found out about all this many years ago they are quite responsive. The other option would be to just create the listing and see what happens.

McDonagh707

With Liverpool playing Barcelona at Wembley on 6th August at 5pm, Community Shield will almost certainly be on Sunday 7th August.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..

You can sell cricket tickets mate.

ZupZup

Renewed my ST yesterday evening... fixtures for next season are announced on the 15th June.

I'm away for the first weekend of the season so I'm really hoping we get an away fixture for our season opener.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I was told it depends on renewals but it wouldn't suprise me if they sold out as soon as Mourinho got announced to be honest. We'll see what happens anyways.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Presumably, they only allow about 50-55,000 season tickets, so any they were selling in this last window are possibly based on a calculated gamble that a certain percentage/amount will not renew?

So they can only get the real figure of what's available from June 2nd on...so that'd the time to be very quick on the phone to them...as I will be trying to get first dibs on a move!

Cpt Negative

Anyone had problems renewing online? I've gone to renew online and it had a completely different membership number to mine against my account and won't let me renew

clarkydaz

Anyone had problems renewing online? I've gone to renew online and it had a completely different membership number to mine against my account and won't let me renew
I originally had the same issue, had to ring up and they fixed it right away

clarkydaz

I've renewed over the phone (automated) , but i've not had any email confirmation, which has slightly worried me
ok assumed renewals you would have to talk to someone. You could call anyway for peace of mind, and they can fix your member number

Sylar

Lots, the website isnt the greatest and it doesnt respond at times. I called and got it sorted within minutes.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Let me know the price for the tickets.

Parma Dewol

A friend of mine previously had a season ticket but downgraded to official membership a while back due to work commitments. He now wants to get a season ticket for the upcoming campaign, but he only really wants it if he's in the same block as us (E239).

He's away on business for the rest of the week, so it's up to me to try and get him a ticket! Just phoned the ticket office and a lady told me the renewal deadline for existing season ticket holders is tonight, and that whatever's left over will go on sale on Friday.

If I call on Friday morning, what are the chances of getting a ticket? What time do the phone lines open? And is there anybody in block E239 who isn't going to be renewing? If so, I'd be happy to take that ticket off you.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Right. What am I doing wrong? I'm in a constant loop trying to renew STs online.

It says you can renew by logging in, so I do.
It asks me if I want to update my details. I click next.
It logs me in to a generic page. I go to renew season tickets. It says I can renew by logging in and the loop continues.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Right. What am I doing wrong? I'm in a constant loop trying to renew STs online.

It logs me in to a generic page. I go to renew season tickets. It says I can renew by logging in and the loop continues.
Have you tried using a different browser?

Slops

Renewed on the phone now, anyway.

clarkydaz

its normal, it changed my membership number. Same happened to a guy at work. Best doing it on the phone

hp88

A friend of mine previously had a season ticket but downgraded to official membership a while back due to work commitments. He now wants to get a season ticket for the upcoming campaign, but he only really wants it if he's in the same block as us (E239).

He's away on business for the rest of the week, so it's up to me to try and get him a ticket! Just phoned the ticket office and a lady told me the renewal deadline for existing season ticket holders is tonight, and that whatever's left over will go on sale on Friday.

If I call on Friday morning, what are the chances of getting a ticket? What time do the phone lines open? And is there anybody in block E239 who isn't going to be renewing? If so, I'd be happy to take that ticket off you.
If it's like previous years they will tell you they're still processing renewals and to call back next week, just need to be persistent and you will get a ticket.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Renewed on the phone now, anyway.
Glad you're sorted. It sounds like your membership number might have gone wrong (like happened to me and others), so with the wrong number, it didn't have your proper details on your account, meaning no renew season ticket option...

Mine reverted to a previous number, when I was a One United member, had to get them to reset it (twice). When you get a min, maybe do the same, as it's annoying not to be able to check your history at a few clicks. And you can't reset it yourself annoyingly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If it's like previous years they will tell you they're still processing renewals and to call back next week, just need to be persistent and you will get a ticket.
You're generally the man with tips and stuff on here HP88, I'm always glad when I see you've posted. Good tips as always.

I'm looking to move very slightly, to avoid Mr abusive sat directly behind me, so will be on the blower asap tomorrow, hoping to move down a few rows, or even just wide a few seats. Hope they can do it, as I do have a great view.
Bound to be someone in my block who hasn't renewed in a handful of rows. If they're even all season tickets anyway!

Slops

Oh that's annoying - so now my account is knackered, 'cause the membership number has changed there.

You'd think Manchester United and Ticketmaster could scrape together a better system than this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh that's annoying - so now my account is knackered, 'cause the membership number has changed there.

You'd think Manchester United and Ticketmaster could scrape together a better system than this.
The whole thing is a strange set up. You can't even easily change your password!