All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Anyone know what's the deal for community shield tickets for season ticket holders? Ballot?

SocccerNomics

Anyone know what's the deal for community shield tickets for season ticket holders? Ballot?
Priority goes to exec club and season ticket holders with home cup game credits from last season, but demand means there are likely to be some tickets available to members.

Trying to remember. Pretty sure I managed to get 5 when we played Wigan off just normal memberships.
Think the Mourinho factor will stop that being possible but some members will be able to buy, pretty much always the case with the shield as we get a lot more tickets than we do for the cup final and demand is lower.

Bosws87

Phoned up there and managed to get a restricted view ticket in one of the quadrants.

It was £399. Not sure how restricted it is but my foot is in the door now so if it's really bad I can try and get a move next year.
Restricted view in the quadrants in the corners is nothing, I had one last season now moved into the singing section all that was blocked was the far right corner flag by a couple of yards.

http://i.imgur.com/IYrFu3j.jpg

View from my Seat

Reactions: Rood

JmRssll555

Restricted view in the quadrants in the corners is nothing, I had one last season now moved into the singing section all that was blocked was the far right corner flag by a couple of yards.

http://i.imgur.com/IYrFu3j.jpg

From my Seat
That is the opposite end to where @GlasgowRedz has bought his ticket, but I imagine it'll be pretty much the same. I have sat in both quadrants and whilst I've never been aware of sitting in a restricted view seat, in my opinion, pretty much any seat up there would be acceptable.

I'm sure it'll be a pretty good view and it'll just be brilliant having a season ticket. I'm very jealous.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Never heard of a restricted view seat either, but around half price sounds pretty good!
To be honest though, if i'm travelling all that way, I want to see the whole pitch though, even that little corner :lol:

GlasgowRedz

Never heard of a restricted view seat either, but around half price sounds pretty good!
To be honest though, if i'm travelling all that way, I want to see the whole pitch though, even that little corner :lol:
I'm just happy to have my ticket after it looked like I wouldn't get one.

Was dreading going in to get tickets after the fixtures were released. It was a nightmare last year.

Got my membership refunded too, which was a bonus

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm just happy to have my ticket after it looked like I wouldn't get one.

Was dreading going in to get tickets after the fixtures were released. It was a nightmare last year.

Got my membership refunded too, which was a bonus
No, fair play, doesn't look what you'd fear with the dreaded "restricted view". Have seen some appalling ones before, pillars right in your face, roofs blocking the far end etc!

Did the same with the membership 3 years ago too. I guess if they can take a tonne load of cash in, there's no real loss to them in £32!

GlasgowRedz

No, fair play, doesn't look what you'd fear with the dreaded "restricted view". Have seen some appalling ones before, pillars right in your face, roofs blocking the far end etc!

Did the same with the membership 3 years ago too. I guess if they can take a tonne load of cash in, there's no real loss to them in £32!
It was a bit of a gamble right enough, when the guy said it was restricted view I was trying to remember if I'd ever seen pillars in that section.

I reckoned the worst that it would be was possibly not being able to see a corner or part of the goal line. Hopefully it's not too bad

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It was a bit of a gamble right enough, when the guy said it was restricted view I was trying to remember if I'd ever seen pillars in that section.

I reckoned the worst that it would be was possibly not being able to see a corner or part of the goal line. Hopefully it's not too bad
I think you'll be more than fine mate. I reckon in reality it'll be no different to being near the back of a stand, missing the odd bits when people stand up, and feeling a little out of sync as you can't see very high up stands.
But essentially fine.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
I was up in the quadrants for the Newcastle game in August, Chelsea game in December and the Aston Villa game back in April 2015. The view isnt too bad. It's one hell of a climb up there though and you will be sitting amongst people who brought tickets via Thomas Cook sports so the atmosphere wont be as good

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I didn't appreciate there was any restricted view seats at Old Trafford, as it is generally a great stadium for viewing no matter where you sit. I was speaking to someone at work yesterday though and he says he's sat in a quadrant seat where the opposite goal is just cut off by the overhanging roof.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I hate that you get different answers from different people in the ticket office. Sounds like I rang before you and got fobbed off with zero season tickets available crap.

GlasgowRedz

I hate that you get different answers from different people in the ticket office. Sounds like I rang before you and got fobbed off with zero season tickets available crap.
That's pish mate :(

I never let the girl speak at first, just said that one of my friends had been informed that there was the opportunity to move to the singing section if you held a season ticket but that on the back of that another friend had called up who didn't currently own a season ticket and was sold one regardless.

She then said she'd have to have a look and then said there was a restricted view ticket available.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I didn't appreciate there was any restricted view seats at Old Trafford, as it is generally a great stadium for viewing no matter where you sit. I was speaking to someone at work yesterday though and he says he's sat in a quadrant seat where the opposite goal is just cut off by the overhanging roof.
Now that sounds rubbish. If you can't see both goals as a minimum you might as well not bother

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
That's pish mate :(

I never let the girl speak at first, just said that one of my friends had been informed that there was the opportunity to move to the singing section if you held a season ticket but that on the back of that another friend had called up who didn't currently own a season ticket and was sold one regardless.

She then said she'd have to have a look and then said there was a restricted view ticket available.
Yeah it's a joke.

DuncanEd

Big changes to away tickets next year coming. This is what I have heard.

• We will ALL have to collect our away tickets near some grounds the same way we do in europe for some games.
  • Also there will be serious clampdown for people cancelling their ticket. If you cancel you will have to pickup your ticket at every ground for the rest of the season. If you cancel two tickets in the season your banned from applying for aways for a year.
  • If you don't cancel and don't turn up to collect your ticket you will be banned for a year from applying.
  • Once your bans up you will have to go to the ticket office in person no exceptions with ID before being allowed to apply again.
  • Executives have to give the names and addresses of people who will be using their aways at the start of the season. Those names or the exec will then be allowed to collect at the ground only.
  • No more tickets for sponsors or staff, players will get reduction of theirs.
I welcome this, too many people take the piss with aways. People who never go to any game apart from the big 4 etc;

Keane R

• We will ALL have to collect our away tickets near some grounds the same way we do in europe for some games.
  • Also there will be serious clampdown for people cancelling their ticket. If you cancel you will have to pickup your ticket at every ground for the rest of the season. If you cancel two tickets in the season your banned from applying for aways for a year.
  • If you don't cancel and don't turn up to collect your ticket you will be banned for a year from applying.
  • Once your bans up you will have to go to the ticket office in person no exceptions with ID before being allowed to apply again.
  • Executives have to give the names and addresses of people who will be using their aways at the start of the season. Those names or the exec will then be allowed to collect at the ground only.
I welcome this, too many people take the piss with aways. People who never go to any game apart from the big 4 etc;

What you heard or what you say that was first written elsewhere on the net last night?

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..

I guess these measures should reduce applications and increase allocations which can only be a good thing for chances in the ballot.

For the first point, are you saying all away tickets must be collected or that all STH/Execs will have to collect at some point in the season?

DuncanEd

Last edited:

Alonzo

So this basically means any overseas fans such as myself, who try and catch an away game a year or two, are screwed for tickets yes?

ZupZup

Great news on the away game thing. Not sure how long it will take to make a difference but if it improves my chances in the ballots then I am all for it. I'd be happy if it was collection at every single game but appreciate that would be a bit costly.

Frustrating how many play the system when there are fans who apply for every single away league match throughout the year and don't get a single one.

faipdeooiad

Supports
Mata For Powell
Great news on the away game thing. Not sure how long it will take to make a difference but if it improves my chances in the ballots then I am all for it. I'd be happy if it was collection at every single game but appreciate that would be a bit costly.

Frustrating how many play the system when there are fans who apply for every single away league match throughout the year and don't get a single one.
This is the way I'm seeing it - from a purely selfish point of view it can only mean less competition for away tickets, especially towards the end of the season as and when people fall foul of the overly strict rules.

Looking at the larger picture though, if it's likely to affect away support, i'm dead against it. I'd sooner not go if it meant being stood/sat amongst a stand of season ticket holders sit down and don't sing. United have a proud tradition of being the best away support in the land. If these rules kill it off, it'll no doubt have a knock-on effect on the pitch.

I'm sure it won't put a lot of regulars off however - it's easy enough to lose your ticket once you're inside the ground..

Ludens the Red

How are they gonna get 3000 Unites fans on away match days picking up tickets from an away ground. Not realistic.
Everything else seems fair, reduces the amount of touting and execs taking the complete piss but showing your id to get a ticket at away grounds on the match day is a little too much.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
How are they gonna get 3000 Unites fans on away match days picking up tickets from an away ground. Not realistic.
Everything else seems fair, reduces the amount of touting and execs taking the complete piss but showing your id to get a ticket at away grounds on the match day is a little too much.
Well they do ticket pick ups at the ground for every Euroaway already and it should be easier in the UK - anyway its likely that it wont be everyone made to pick up their tickets, just select a random few hundred every game.

littlepeasoup

Sorry I should have said all apart from the top 4 and spurs. For those you will have to apply near the fixture date
Spurs this year too? Knew about the 'big four' teams, but usually that's Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Chelsea. Leicester go on sale tomorrow too? Wish they'd release the tickets in timed blocks like they used to.

DuncanEd

Spurs this year too? Knew about the 'big four' teams, but usually that's Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Chelsea. Leicester go on sale tomorrow too? Wish they'd release the tickets in timed blocks like they used to.
Yeah just those five you apply near fixture time. Everything else is up.

Ixion

Tickets on sale on the official site now (will take about an hour in the queue...)