All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

JB7

It's not letting me in at all. Took around 30 minutes to get three quarters of the way around and freezes.

Whatsername

Tickets on sale on the official site now (will take about an hour in the queue...)
It was 0-30 mins when I got in the queue over an hour ago.
Hate how they put them all on sale at the same time.

JB7 - that's about how far I've got too and it's been stuck at that point since about 8.45.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

It was 0-30 mins when I got in the queue over an hour ago.
Hate how they put them all on sale at the same time.

JB7 - that's about how far I've got too and it's been stuck at that point since about 8.45.
It didn't open til 9, how did you get on there at 8:45? Been on since 9:00, still waiting...

robinrooney

Regarding the new away game rules, saw this on Twitter yesterday:

United have revealed that in the first 15 games of last season, 50 bank cards were used to apply for more than 12,500 tickets. One was used 426 times.

New rules are a good thing if only to stop things like that

Reactions: Rood

JB7

Sent my parents off to the actual Ticket Office as they're in Manchester today, fingers crossed they get better luck than I'm having.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
United have revealed that in the first 15 games of last season, 50 bank cards were used to apply for more than 12,500 tickets. One was used 426 times.
Have the club actually confirmed that or just someone on Twitter?

'cause that's absolutely unreal. If that's what's happening they should have stopped it ages ago.

EDIT: Yeah, just found it. That's ridiculous.

ZupZup

Regarding the new away game rules, saw this on Twitter yesterday:

New rules are a good thing if only to stop things like that
Yeah I saw that... shocking stat.

It's annoying how many are up in arms over this and claiming the club to be out of touch with fans etc.

The only people who can I see being strongly opposed to the changes are those who are abusing the current system... putting in loads of syndicated applications and passing/selling any tickets on. So those people will fall foul and maybe face a ban? I have no sympathy as abusing the system is hardly fair when demand for away tickets is so high.

Have the club actually confirmed that or just someone on Twitter?

'cause that's absolutely unreal. If that's what's happening they should have stopped it ages ago.

EDIT: Yeah, just found it. That's ridiculous.
Hardly surprising, the Irish branch for example have hundreds of ST's linked, as do many other branches. And then add execs to that too, and loyalty pot.

And then touts of course.

Got through, it crashed, now I'm back at the beginning.

Joke.
Been a complete joke all morning, not sure what has happened with me. It's like it's not seeing the membership I bought over a week ago. 50 minutes waiting, then no possibility to buy ticket, then finally, refreshed and back in queue.

And obviously the TO number just keeps cutting me off after 5 mins in their queue.

Shite shite system!

Ixion

It was a nightmare last season as well. Took me about 5 hours to get 4 games. Such a stupid system.

MrSingh2002

Been stuck at 3 quarters of the online queue and it seems to have froze. Is it better to wait or refresh?

JB7

Sent my parents off to the actual Ticket Office as they're in Manchester today, fingers crossed they get better luck than I'm having.
This was a good idea if I do say so myself. They went in and came out 10 minutes later with tickets to the 4 games we wanted - Southampton, West Ham, Everton and Crystal Palace.

Ixion

I waited on a screen saying I had between 0-30 minutes to wait for 90 minutes then refreshed but Im still stuck in the 0-30 minutes screen. Ohh well. I'll just have to pick up a few Tier 3 tickets for the games no one wants when it all settles down.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Is the derby going to get moved to the Sunday? At a wedding on the 10th....
I'm in the opposite boat to you. I've got a commitment on the 11th so praying it's either a Friday, Sat or Monday. Pretty much nailed on to be the Sunday though, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Rivelino

Will have a spare for Southampton and Leicester if anyone's interested.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

I was logged out after waiting for two hours, now I'm on, but I can't get tickets for anyone else in my network. Selling all the tickets in one go like this is absolute madness.

DuncanEd

Regarding the new away game rules, saw this on Twitter yesterday: United have revealed that in the first 15 games of last season, 50 bank cards were used to apply for more than 12,500 tickets. One was used 426 times. New rules are a good thing if only to stop things like that
Have the club actually confirmed that or just someone on Twitter? 'cause that's absolutely unreal. If that's what's happening they should have stopped it ages ago. EDIT: Yeah, just found it. That's ridiculous.
Yeah I saw that... shocking stat. It's annoying how many are up in arms over this and claiming the club to be out of touch with fans etc. The only people who can I see being strongly opposed to the changes are those who are abusing the current system... putting in loads of syndicated applications and passing/selling any tickets on. So those people will fall foul and maybe face a ban? I have no sympathy as abusing the system is hardly fair when demand for away tickets is so high.

United still took the money though from those bank cards last season, as someone says above why did they not stop it when they spotted that stat mid season if it was such a big deal?

Same thing with the FA cup which fecked people around. Quite happy to take the money from one card all season for shit games no one was interested yet suddenly change the rules for the final.

As said on the previous page I agree with the changes in principal but the reality of it I think will put an already shaky system under immense strain. They are bad enough in the ticket office as it is for making mistakes with applications.

DuncanEd

Got through, it crashed, now I'm back at the beginning. Joke.
Been a complete joke all morning..... Shite shite system!
It was a nightmare last season as well. Took me about 5 hours to get 4 games. Such a stupid system.
I'm furious again. What a fecking nightmare
It's an absolute farcical way to sell tickets.
What a mess. Managed to get on, but it's taken all morning.
Selling all the tickets in one go like this is absolute madness.
Every year this happens and they never listen or update their systems to cope, honestly the worst run club in the country when it comes to this stuff I think one old woman with an excel spreadsheet would do a better job.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Every year this happens and they never listen or update their systems to cope, honestly the worst run club in the country when it comes to this stuff I think one old woman with an excel spreadsheet would do a better job.
It was OK (well, better anyway) 3-4 seasons ago, when they sold tickets in batches rather than all in one go, but selling them all in one go, at the same time as fixtures are announced, makes literally no sense. I'd love to know the logic behind this, although it'll probably be "we'll sell the tickets whatever, so feck em"

DuncanEd

It was OK (well, better anyway) 3-4 seasons ago, when they sold tickets in batches rather than all in one go, but selling them all in one go, at the same time as fixtures are announced, makes literally no sense. I'd love to know the logic behind this, although it'll probably be "we'll sell the tickets whatever, so feck em"
Yeah exactly mate, get that money !!