All ticket/travel information thread - 2016/17 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

tom33

Looks like me and my dad will be demanding refunds on our memberships. Absolute joke of a system, who in their right mind thinks this is a good way to run it?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I can understand last year being a feck up as it was the first time they sold all the tickets at the start of the season, but you would think they would have learnt from last year's fiasco!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
What possible logic do they have for releasing all the tickets for sale on the same day?

The old system was much better IMO.
well obviously its better for the club to sell as many tickets as possible as soon as possible - but clearly it isnt better for the fans

I remember last season that they still released more tickets for all games closer to the time - not sure how many though

MrSingh2002

Im going to be getting a refund. No way I'm paying for a membership NOT to get tickets.

littlepeasoup

well obviously its better for the club to sell as many tickets as possible as soon as possible - but clearly it isnt better for the fans

I remember last season that they still released more tickets for all games closer to the time - not sure how many though
I think a lot of those tickets were either returns, or up in that corner when they're not expecting the away attendance to be massive.

If people don't know about it @mufc_tickets is a decent Twitter account to follow.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Got through, put in my card details and got a technical error message. Told me not to try repurchasing and to ring the TO. My card has been charged though so will I have got the tickets?

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Got through, but can only buy single tickets, it's not recognising any other members in my network, pretty sure my networks up to date, but can't find where to check it, anyone know?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Got through, but can only buy single tickets, it's not recognising any other members in my network, pretty sure my networks up to date, but can't find where to check it, anyone know?
I find you have to go the section where you pick seat by seat rather than block if that makes sense? Some stands literally have one ticket available so won't let you add two to your basket.

vanrooney

you have to say the system is a bit shit and not worthy a club like united. got two tickets for the swansea game at last with three seats separating us. I think its easier to talk to the people sitting around us than having another go with the ticketing service

AS18_

this is my first time purchasing tickets from the official site. I picked my seat but it won't let me confirm the purchase. do I have to purchase the official membership (32 pounds) too?

DuncanEd

this is my first time purchasing tickets from the official site. I picked my seat but it won't let me confirm the purchase. do I have to purchase the official membership (32 pounds) too?
Yes you need a membership number to assign the seat.

You get that by buying a membership.

saivet

How easy/difficult do people think it will be to buy a few Community Shield tickets? Given it is the Community Shield and it's against Leicester, demand shouldn't be so high?

Probably won't buy a membership again, so would have to be through twitter or on here.

Ixion

7 hours later I managed to get a couple of tickets for 4 games though none of them are together. Better than nothing, hopefully get one of the held back games in the ballot.

Whatsername

7 hours later I managed to get a couple of tickets for 4 games though none of them are together. Better than nothing, hopefully get one of the held back games in the ballot.
Keep an eye on the site closer to the games when/if more tickets are released. We were in that situation a few times last season but managed to swap the tickets for seats together when I spotted some available. A quick call to the ticket office each time was all it took.

Reactions: Rood

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It's a ridiculous system. It didn't work last season yet they do it again this.
MUFC showing once again that they hold no regard for the match going fan.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
Muslim Caftards - Just realised that Eid-ul-Adha could be on the day of the Derby :nervous:

Tough decision to make if it is.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So the fixtures came out. Now it's that wait for the first set of TV games, to try and make some plans, organise things.

End of June do we think, or usually into July?

Ottawa MLS Fan

I'm confused with changes in rules this season. Is it legal for a season ticket holder to sell tickets for a game they can't go to? I have the possibility to be in Manchester for the Chelsea game, but I will need to arrange my travel long before I know if I can get any tickets through the ballot.

Thx for any info.

faipdeooiad

Supports
Mata For Powell
I'm confused with changes in rules this season. Is it legal for a season ticket holder to sell tickets for a game they can't go to? I have the possibility to be in Manchester for the Chelsea game, but I will need to arrange my travel long before I know if I can get any tickets through the ballot.

Thx for any info.
I haven't read this season's T&C's but the club have in the past actively encouraged home ticket sharing with family/friends (just obviously not touting).

Thx for any info.
You cannot sell a season ticket according to the terms & conditions, even at face value.

You can pass your season ticket on to friends/family according to the terms & conditions.

D1VSP

Any spares going for Southampton at home? looking for a pair.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Thx for any info.
Not a rule change, just the letter of the law people don't really adhere to.

In reality, no one is going to raise a fuss as you getting face value back for your tickets from a friend or family member. Everyone wins.

DuncanEd

Thx for any info.
You cannot accept any cash for home or away tickets. It is that simple. United are possibly the only club in the premier league with this policy from memory.

People do it for homes and 9/10 wont get any problems but you need to have some common sense. If you do it under the wrong stewards nose outside you will be taken to the ticket office I have seen it happen.

I also know some people who have had reports of stewards in the ground asking them to fill out a form listing how much they paid for the seat. If your selling every week they might notice a different chinese guy sat there.

So you can get away with it and sell but if they catch you they will ban you for three years home or away.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
You cannot accept any cash for home or away tickets. It is that simple. United are possibly the only club in the premier league with this policy from memory.

People do it for homes and 9/10 wont get any problems but you need to have some common sense. If you do it under the wrong stewards nose outside you will be taken to the ticket office I have seen it happen.

I also know some people who have had reports of stewards in the ground asking them to fill out a form listing how much they paid for the seat. If your selling every week they might notice a different chinese guy sat there.

So you can get away with it and sell but if they catch you they will ban you for three years home or away.
Did you say before you had heard the club were working on an official ticket exchange? Bit silly we don't have one ever since we ditched viagogo all those years ago.

DuncanEd

Did you say before you had heard the club were working on an official ticket exchange? Bit silly we don't have one ever since we ditched viagogo all those years ago.
Yes I was told that was the case however it might be next season now, god knows United really need to sort it out!

MrSingh2002

Hi guys, I usually go watch 3 or 4 games per season but a friend is going to the first time and I want to ensure they also see the players arrive off the coaches, is there a usual time period they arrive before kick off? I have only been there a couple of times early enough to see this but want to make sure we get there for the first home game on time. Can anyone advise how early I would need to be there pre kick off?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Next week for TV moves do we think? Or the week after?

Impatient!