All ticket/travel information thread - 2019/20 edition - Touting will not be tolerated on the site

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I imagine if its a digital phone QR code it will be as simple as a screenshot to share with someone which will be able to be scanned once on match day.

Can't see it being any different to how train tickets etc work.
You can share it via the wallet app on iPhone. Unsure how Android works but I imagine it will be similar.

darst

I am not seeing this, the only option I am presented with is paying it all via card.
i think the installments option is only available to UK residents so if your not resident there then maybe the system automatically leaves you with the full payment option only. Does anyone know what exactly they meant in the email from a while back about ticketing platform. It sounded like some sort of buy back scheme but there doesn't seem to be any more info on it.

nickyboy1981

i think the installments option is only available to UK residents so if your not resident there then maybe the system automatically leaves you with the full payment option only. Does anyone know what exactly they meant in the email from a while back about ticketing platform. It sounded like some sort of buy back scheme but there doesn't seem to be any more info on it.
Just had a look at the new site, seems like you can only forward tickets to people who's account is linked to yours which is annoying. There is a greyed out option that says replace seat though, wonder if this is to put it back In the pool for general sale.

robinrooney

Just had a look at the new site, seems like you can only forward tickets to people who's account is linked to yours which is annoying. There is a greyed out option that says replace seat though, wonder if this is to put it back In the pool for general sale.
WHAT??????

That is ridiculous if true.

The people my account is linked to already have ST's, and travel to games with me. Why would they want another ticket?

CodeRed

Did anyone take their money that was owed early? I didn't and just left it with United to deduct from my season ticket. They gave me £148 off my season ticket. Does this sound about right?

CodeRed

Yes, that's what I had deducted. This seasons was £555
Ah thanks. Yes I have just paid the same.

Now comes the hard part. Getting all the full names and addresses of the people I share my midweek games with. Most of them I only know on first name terms which I have known for over 15 years :lol:

philipos

It looks like you can add anyone to your account in order to send them a ticket. I've added a mate who is a member. And it doesn't even have to be a member but you would need to provide certain details for a non-member.

Reactions: Rood

Steven-UK

Did anyone take their money that was owed early? I didn't and just left it with United to deduct from my season ticket. They gave me £148 off my season ticket. Does this sound about right?
We took it early. We have just renewed for next season, although we can only get to about 8 games, so will be looking at transferring the rest.

It looks like you can add anyone to your account in order to send them a ticket. I've added a mate who is a member. And it doesn't even have to be a member but you would need to provide certain details for a non-member.
It has to be a member, I've had it confirmed from the ticket office, at least a member-lite account is required for transfer.

van Nistelrooy

Anyone had issues with United taking club membership fees despite cancelling?

Me and a friend both cancelled our direct debits months ago as there was no clear way of cancelling future memberships via the website. United even sent an email out a few days ago saying fees were due, but nothing would be taken if direct debits had been cancelled.

However, United have created new direct debits using both of our previous bank details! This is theft!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am sure you can get round it by printing the tickets off, might just have to rely on a decent postal service.
Surely if you can print them, you can just scan them to email them to someone?!

They say they're trying to get big on anti-touting etc, and that fake tickets is a big risk with touts.

But i'd personally be quite nervous about getting some print at home ticket, that you don't know if it's been printed 3 or4 times, as opposed to a near impossible to fake well official ticket.

RedDevilRoshi

Anyone had issues with United taking club membership fees despite cancelling?

Me and a friend both cancelled our direct debits months ago as there was no clear way of cancelling future memberships via the website. United even sent an email out a few days ago saying fees were due, but nothing would be taken if direct debits had been cancelled.

However, United have created new direct debits using both of our previous bank details! This is theft!
Tried contacting your bank to get both direct debits cancelled and monies returned?

van Nistelrooy

Tried contacting your bank to get both direct debits cancelled and monies returned?
I managed to see the transaction in time and the bank stopped it from happening. My friend did have his money taken though.

I wouldn't put it past the club to attempt creating the direct debit again.