All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

TenOuttaTenHag

The first thing is don’t sell them on Twitter or Facebook, that’s a nightmare and full of United spies. On here is a good option as most are long standing members of the group. I am sure there will be a buy back option but it just hasn’t been opened yet.
I returned the Bournemouth League Game as that was another change in fixture, but that was weeks ago. The FA cup game is only days later. So if United are taking buy backs they could do with doing it soon.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I returned the Bournemouth League Game as that was another change in fixture, but that was weeks ago. The FA cup game is only days later. So if United are taking buy backs they could do with doing it soon.
Just ring them up and cancel if you're a member!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Club have just announced that Stretford End Tier 2 and North Stand Tier 3 will be closed for Burnley game. What an absolute mess.

Robin

Whats that craic with that? Lack of sales?
No, it was completely sold out , however there is an ambulance strike so they can’t get cover and have to reduce capacity to 62,000 so they have been forced to close 2 tiers, they have offered anybody who doesn’t want to go a refund.

Jaysus82

Was bringing my son over to his first ever match for Christmas and our seats are in the North stand tier 3. Travelling from Ireland so have flights and hotel booked also. Club said if you don’t request ticket refund they will try to relocate, but will prioritise season ticket holders first (we don’t have a season ticket). What do you think are the chances we will get tickets relocated? Since I can’t refund the flights I’m not sure it’s worth refunding match tickets - might just wait and hope for the best! Little man will be gutted if we can’t make it

Robin

Was bringing my son over to his first ever match for Christmas and our seats are in the North stand tier 3. Travelling from Ireland so have flights and hotel booked also. Club said if you don’t request ticket refund they will try to relocate, but will prioritise season ticket holders first (we don’t have a season ticket). What do you think are the chances we will get tickets relocated? Since I can’t refund the flights I’m not sure it’s worth refunding match tickets - might just wait and hope for the best! Little man will be gutted if we can’t make it
Best thing you can do is phone the ticket office , im sure they will be sympathetic to your problem , there are bound to be some who want a refund so soon to Xmas , good luck

Jaysus82

Best thing you can do is phone the ticket office , im sure they will be sympathetic to your problem , there are bound to be some who want a refund so soon to Xmas , good luck
just spoke to the ticket office, nothing they can do for now but they do expect a good few to refund since it is so close to Christmas as you say. WillJust wait and see, fingers crossed we get lucky. Thanks for your suggestion, appreciate it

JB7

Club have this morning emailed all supporters offering them the option to claim a refund without impacting on away ticket eligibility; I imagine that will be a tempting offer to some supporters so I would keep in contact with the ticket office and make them aware that you are looking for a relocation if at all possible.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The club just emailed to say that they had enough cancellations to relocate everybody who was affected and who didn’t request a refund. Thank goodness for that.

Now got to hope we are sat together when new tickets arrive

Robin

The club just emailed to say that they had enough cancellations to relocate everybody who was affected and who didn’t request a refund. Thank goodness for that.

Wow so 12,000 people changed their mind in one day ,

Jaysus82

I received an email last night with reallocated tickets for my son and I so all good thankfully! Hope you get your tickets together too.

klayton88

Absolute long shot but what avenue would I take to try and get a ticket in the home end in Barcelona? Long story short I lost my mother recently and she spent 5 years in Barcelona when she was younger and we have spent a lot of time there over the years. She had Freddie Mercury - Barcelona played when we laid her to rest, and it was also the same day we drew Barcelona in the EL! I want to be there and feel it's a calling so to speak. Never tried to buy a ticket for an overseas game before and hoping my chances may be better as I'm happy to be in with the Barca fans!

Would appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

TLDR: Looking for Barcelona away ticket (in with the home fans).

OllyJ21

What I can't understand is if the Burnley game was sold out, how now all these tickets have become available for people in the areas that are now shut... :smirk:

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Absolute long shot but what avenue would I take to try and get a ticket in the home end in Barcelona? Long story short I lost my mother recently and she spent 5 years in Barcelona when she was younger and we have spent a lot of time there over the years. She had Freddie Mercury - Barcelona played when we laid her to rest, and it was also the same day we drew Barcelona in the EL! I want to be there and feel it's a calling so to speak. Never tried to buy a ticket for an overseas game before and hoping my chances may be better as I'm happy to be in with the Barca fans!

Would appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

TLDR: Looking for Barcelona away ticket (in with the home fans).
Condolences to you my friend. Incredible story, the universe does weird things like that sometimes...

I can't help with Barca home end tickets but you might even have a chance with getting a ticket in the away Utd end if you have/get a Utd membership (£20). Barca away tickets will be sold to season ticket holders and members in priority of highest number of previous European away matches attended...however most people seem to think that this game will go down to 0 credits, so you would have a chance of getting a ticket without attending any previous matches. If I was you (assuming you are a Utd fan), I would try this route first as being in the Utd away end would make the experience even more special IMO.

If that route fails, then I would look at trying to get in the home end. Given the size of the Nou Camp, I'm sure you would be able to find one relatively easily although you may pay a premium on the ticket. I went to a Barca La Liga home game a few years ago - we bought tickets from Viagogo but I had a quick look on there now and can't see the Utd game so maybe they can't sell on there for European competitions. I'm sure there are other unofficial websites but I can't personally recommend any. If you buy from one of those, then definitely use credit card rather than debit card to pay so you have some additional buyer protection from your bank.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Ok I have 2 spare tickets together for Bournemouth at home on January 3rd.

Manchester Suite, N2406, amazing seats.

£150 each face value. PM me for more info. Members only please.

klayton88

Condolences to you my friend. Incredible story, the universe does weird things like that sometimes...

I can't help with Barca home end tickets but you might even have a chance with getting a ticket in the away Utd end if you have/get a Utd membership (£20). Barca away tickets will be sold to season ticket holders and members in priority of highest number of previous European away matches attended...however most people seem to think that this game will go down to 0 credits, so you would have a chance of getting a ticket without attending any previous matches. If I was you (assuming you are a Utd fan), I would try this route first as being in the Utd away end would make the experience even more special IMO.

If that route fails, then I would look at trying to get in the home end. Given the size of the Nou Camp, I'm sure you would be able to find one relatively easily although you may pay a premium on the ticket. I went to a Barca La Liga home game a few years ago - we bought tickets from Viagogo but I had a quick look on there now and can't see the Utd game so maybe they can't sell on there for European competitions. I'm sure there are other unofficial websites but I can't personally recommend any. If you buy from one of those, then definitely use credit card rather than debit card to pay so you have some additional buyer protection from your bank.
Awesome insight thank you. I'm a united member yes and never tend to have issues with home Europa and cup games. Never applied for an away ticket but with people thinking it may go to 0 credits it sounds promising. What's the date they can be applied for from?

I have looked on the third party sites and the cheapest I'm seeing in the home end is around €250. I don't mind paying a bit over face value but that's insane.

Again thank you for your detailed response.

K Stand Knut

Awesome insight thank you. I'm a united member yes and never tend to have issues with home Europa and cup games. Never applied for an away ticket but with people thinking it may go to 0 credits it sounds promising. What's the date they can be applied for from?

I have looked on the third party sites and the cheapest I'm seeing in the home end is around €250. I don't mind paying a bit over face value but that's insane.

Again thank you for your detailed response.
keep an eye on the ticket site mate.

nothing announced yet but it won’t be far off.

you’ll be at the back of the queue for people with 0 credits but Atletico went to 0, as did Sociedad and I don’t know many people who missed out.

I’d be surprised if you didn’t get one for Barcelona

klayton88

keep an eye on the ticket site mate.

nothing announced yet but it won’t be far off.

you’ll be at the back of the queue for people with 0 credits but Atletico went to 0, as did Sociedad and I don’t know many people who missed out.

I’d be surprised if you didn’t get one for Barcelona
Awesome. Fingers crossed. I'll check the website each day for the release. I'm going to go ahead and book travel and hotel and even if I don't get a ticket I'd still have fun in Barcelona for a few days. Thanks for the input

K Stand Knut

Awesome. Fingers crossed. I'll check the website each day for the release. I'm going to go ahead and book travel and hotel and even if I don't get a ticket I'd still have fun in Barcelona for a few days. Thanks for the input
Not sure you’ll need to check everyday.

They will announce the ‘plan’ with plenty of notice.

If you don’t get one in the ballot, you’d have options over there. There will be people are too pissed to get in and therefore spares knocking about PLUS depending on your thoughts, you could jib in

klayton88

Im checking everyday but seems no movement on this one at all. I guess it's probably going to be in the new year now.

I have flights and hotel booked. Just need the ticket now
I'm looking to make this same trip and book my flights and accommodation soon and hope I can get a ticket before hand or before kick off outside the ground. Any recommendations on hotels that cheap and cheerful and relatively close to the ground?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What do you mean? Online there is no option to send back the FA Cup Tickets. What will ringing do?
Are you a member or season ticket holder?
If you're a member why can't you just ring the club and cancel the tickets?

hp88

Question for those of you with linked season tickets, how did the club relocate you for Burnley? They did stick you anywhere or did they relocate you as a pair?

Ober tan

Question for those of you with linked season tickets, how did the club relocate you for Burnley? They did stick you anywhere or did they relocate you as a pair?
My mates got relocated as a pair into south stand

Sounds of the Aquarium

i have one ticket available for tonight. E335. £10.
would prefer to transfer to a member

Edit - Sold

Last edited:

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Did anyone return their Chelsea away ticket for a guaranteed Arsenal away? If so, any idea how this is supposed to work?

Typical TO, no communications around this so now not sure whether I need to apply as part of the normal away ballot which opened today...

EDIT: Amazingly fast response from the online customer service team - apparently those who are guaranteed one will be sent a link to purchase ahead of the ballot being run.

Last edited:

Ober tan

Did anyone return their Chelsea away ticket for a guaranteed Arsenal away? If so, any idea how this is supposed to work?

Typical TO, no communications around this so now not sure whether I need to apply as part of the normal away ballot which opened today...

EDIT: Amazingly fast response from the online customer service team - apparently those who are guaranteed one will be sent a link to purchase ahead of the ballot being run.
For Fulham/Villa you could choose your seats, there was a buy tickets button next to apply. Opened up at the same time as the ballot I think so should be in the next couple of days.