All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

daveoliver91

Hi,

Still looking for one / couple of tickets for the Newcastle game if anyone can't attend!
Thanks!

Robbo*

Looks like I've lost a few European away credits due to not being able to accrue more during the pandemic. Does anyone know what the maximum number of credits it's possible to have now?
I think it’s 10, from the five CL games in 18-19 and the 5 EL games in 19-20 (including Linz where fans with tickets were given a credit even though game was BCD).

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Also interested in a pair tickets for Newcastle if anyone can’t make it !

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
From previous seasons, anyone know how often they release these batches of tickets?

Presume it won't be that hard to get in for the champions league ones for instance?

red K.

After a single or pair for Newcastle if anyone’s got spare. Cheers

Lenny1810

I have my ST available for Villarreal & Young Boys game if anyone is interested?
W202 is the seat.

I don’t think i can transfer the ticket until United have taken the payment from me (think Villarreal is this week)

mufc90

Just wondering if someone could clarify.
I first got my season ticket for the 2019/2020 season so that was year 1
2020/2021 was year 2 (if I get credit for it with no fans being allowed with COVID), then this year 2021/2022 will be year 3.
Will I be eligible to apply for away tickets in year 4 the 2022/2023 season or will I have to wait until year 5 2023/2024?

philipos

I wonder how many people are thinking of travelling this season. I'm on 8 credits so a regular attender of away games in Europe but mainly due to the hassle of having to get multiple PCR tests but also due to the uncertainty around rules for travelling to and from different countries, I've decided reluctantly that it's just not worth it for the group stages. Hopefully for the last 16 match!!

mattc89

I have my ST available for Villarreal & Young Boys game if anyone is interested?
W202 is the seat.

I don’t think i can transfer the ticket until United have taken the payment from me (think Villarreal is this week)
PM me if still available please

cbmufc

From previous seasons, anyone know how often they release these batches of tickets?

Presume it won't be that hard to get in for the champions league ones for instance?
Who knows, before the Ronaldo news any game on the site bar Liverpool, City., Chelsea would have been fine but now demand is going to go through the roof. They will release more tickets its more luck of the draw now if you are on the site at the right time. A fair few seem to drop on the week of the game. I would say though that Champions league should be fine.

Whatsername

Just a query about the new site and season tickets for CL games. Are they taking automatic payments (I know the email said that the first payment would be taken today) or do we have to do anything.
On the Cup Schemes section it has ‘automatic‘ and the card details but under the Reservations section it has a Confirm Reservation tab which puts each match in the basket and then takes you to the checkout.

Lenny1810

Just a query about the new site and season tickets for CL games. Are they taking automatic payments (I know the email said that the first payment would be taken today) or do we have to do anything.
On the Cup Schemes section it has ‘automatic‘ and the card details but under the Reservations section it has a Confirm Reservation tab which puts each match in the basket and then takes you to the checkout.
Seen a post on Facebook saying the TO have basically frozen the forwarding of cup games until 1st September until payments have been confirmed.
until payments are confirmed then I think it will remain under reservations

K Stand Knut

I wonder how many people are thinking of travelling this season. I'm on 8 credits so a regular attender of away games in Europe but mainly due to the hassle of having to get multiple PCR tests but also due to the uncertainty around rules for travelling to and from different countries, I've decided reluctantly that it's just not worth it for the group stages. Hopefully for the last 16 match!!
Dependent on the rules and regulations around it all, I think I’ll try and do one group stage game. Looking like Atalanta is my only option at present.

If it ends up being too much hassle though, I won’t bother. I reckon it’ll end up being a club day trip that I’ll have to pay for a PCR test

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Looking for 1 ticket for Villa at home if anyone has one.

In the J Stand would be great, but not essential.

Happy to return the favour later on in the season if needed.

Cheers.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Strange, this chat was really quiet for home end ticket requests until this weekend.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Can I ask why in J stand?
Just so me and my mate (who the ticket is for) can be in the same area / on the same concourse.

Not a deal breaker if the ticket isn't exactly here though of course.

Jacob

I would love two tickets for the Newcastle game. I know it's bold but I have to try. Villa would also work :angel:

Want to fly over with my brother-in-law to show him the true colours of United.

D3V1L

Looking for 2 tickets to the Everton game in a few weeks, hopefully there are still a few to go on resale.

Cheers

Jacob

Do we have some sort of prioritization or do the kind souls with spare tickets pick the best username?

Last time I attended, Sultan kindly provided me with a pair. This was 10 years ago probably.

K Stand Knut

Just so me and my mate (who the ticket is for) can be in the same area / on the same concourse.

Not a deal breaker if the ticket isn't exactly here though of course.
Aaahhh, ok.

Thought it might have been for the atmosphere side of things.

Maverick_19

Hi All. I have been a United supporter since I was 8 years old which is about 33 years. I have managed to watch us live 4 times. The last was Swansea away 2016/17 (200 quid per ticket) My family and I are immigrating to the UK in early 2022, we will be living in Surrey. How do I go about getting tickets regularly that don't break the bank. What should tickets cost ? The prices on Viagogo (how i got the Swansea tickets) seem really high. I would like to get to at least 10 games per season. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lenny1810

Hi All. I have been a United supporter since I was 8 years old which is about 33 years. I have managed to watch us live 4 times. The last was Swansea away 2016/17 (200 quid per ticket) My family and I are immigrating to the UK in early 2022, we will be living in Surrey. How do I go about getting tickets regularly that don't break the bank. What should tickets cost ? The prices on Viagogo (how i got the Swansea tickets) seem really high. I would like to get to at least 10 games per season. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Purchase a lite membership and then just buy tickets when they are released on the site.
Alternatively, you can pick up spares on here.

Whatsername

Tickets shouldn’t really be any more than face value. Not sure how much single tickets prices are now but I wouldn’t expect it to be any more than £60 when bought from the ticket office.
You might get lucky and find spares on here if there are season ticket holders who can’t make it but you also stand a chance through membership. Demand for tickets is obviously going to be very high though now.
If you want at least 10 games per season though have you thought of getting a season ticket? Pretty certain they’re sold out for this season but you can always put your name down for when some become available.

Maverick_19

Tickets shouldn’t really be any more than face value. Not sure how much single tickets prices are now but I wouldn’t expect it to be any more than £60 when bought from the ticket office.
You might get lucky and find spares on here if there are season ticket holders who can’t make it but you also stand a chance through membership. Demand for tickets is obviously going to be very high though now.
If you want at least 10 games per season though have you thought of getting a season ticket? Pretty certain they’re sold out for this season but you can always put your name down for when some become available.
Thank you so much for the reply and information. In terms of a season ticket, are there not requirements around attending a certain amount of away games and what would happen to my season ticket for the games I wouldn't be able to attend at Old Trafford ?

Whatsername

Thank you so much for the reply and information. In terms of a season ticket, are there not requirements around attending a certain amount of away games and what would happen to my season ticket for the games I wouldn't be able to attend at Old Trafford ?
There aren’t any requirements for you to attend away games, you can’t apply for away tickets until your fourth season as a season ticket holder.
For games you can’t attend you can forward your ticket to another person (tickets are all digital now), either to someone who you know or someone on here for instance, and a code is sent to them. As you can see, a lot of people are now requesting tickets on here so you wouldn’t have a problem with finding someone to use it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Another annoying rookie question... have signed up to the lite membership, and done the wallet thing on my phone etc.

I've linked up to a pal's account.

If I buy the pair for us, will his ticket automatically go to his equivalent wallet, with an email to me confirming the actual seat details?
Simple as that?

faysmax

Another annoying rookie question... have signed up to the lite membership, and done the wallet thing on my phone etc.

I've linked up to a pal's account.

If I buy the pair for us, will his ticket automatically go to his equivalent wallet, with an email to me confirming the actual seat details?
Simple as that?
Yeap, at least that's what happened to me when I bought tickets vs Leeds. Both of us received an email with the e-ticket which can then be added into apple/android wallet

Whatsername

Seen a post on Facebook saying the TO have basically frozen the forwarding of cup games until 1st September until payments have been confirmed.
When you look into your account do you have an alert box saying that you need to confirm some reserved items (which are the group stage games)? That’s what’s confusing me, because when I go to reserve them it takes me to the checkout even though it says automatic payment on another section.

Edit to say that I’ve just noticed that it’s got the Leeds game as being the next one in the ”next up for you” section so I don’t think it’s quite on the ball. It’s even got the date of the game wrong, apparently it’s tomorrow at 12.30.

Last edited:

Lenny1810

When you look into your account do you have an alert box saying that you need to confirm some reserved items (which are the group stage games)? That’s what’s confusing me, because when I go to reserve them it takes me to the checkout even though it says automatic payment on another section.

Edit to say that I’ve just noticed that it’s got the Leeds game as being the next one in the ”next up for you” section so I don’t think it’s quite on the ball. It’s even got the date of the game wrong, apparently it’s tomorrow at 12.30.
Yeah, it looks as though i need to confirm the champions league tickets. I noticed earlier that my Leeds ticket had reappeared as well - i have a suspicion they are winging it at the minute with the system.

Mickson

Okay, not a ticket question per se but I couldn't find a more suiting thread. We play Villarreal away November 23. We then take on Chelsea at home, preliminary, Saturday (27). We then play Arsenal at home Tuesday, November 30th. Although it's not confirmed. I wonder, what are the odds that the Arsenal game will be scheduled for Wednesday instead? Is it a risk?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It sounds logical that they won't release any other champions league tickets until that ones payments have been confirmed then as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeap, at least that's what happened to me when I bought tickets vs Leeds. Both of us received an email with the e-ticket which can then be added into apple/android wallet
Ta. I realise how spoilt I was for the last 7 years holding season tickets now i'm caught up in the scrabble with everyone else!

Whatsername

Yeah, it looks as though i need to confirm the champions league tickets. I noticed earlier that my Leeds ticket had reappeared as well - i have a suspicion they are winging it at the minute with the system.
I hadn’t yet confirmed ours but just noticed that the payment’s automatically been taken and Villarreal has gone from the reservations list and is now listed in the main tickets section.
And Newcastle is now showing as the next game.

RedDevilRoshi

Okay, not a ticket question per se but I couldn't find a more suiting thread. We play Villarreal away November 23. We then take on Chelsea at home, preliminary, Saturday (27). We then play Arsenal at home Tuesday, November 30th. Although it's not confirmed. I wonder, what are the odds that the Arsenal game will be scheduled for Wednesday instead? Is it a risk?
I personally think the Chelsea game will be the Saturday, especially with the Villarreal game on the Tuesday and also Chelsea play Juventus that same night as well. If either or both those games were on the Wednesday then no doubt it would be moved to the Sunday. The Arsenal game I think most likely will remain on the Tuesday night, especially for tv broadcasting purposes. Looking at the fixture card that week, that’s the only midweek fixture that has a 8pm kickoff time whilst the others all have 7.45pm listed. Probably it’s already been provisionally agreed that will be the date and kickoff time for that game but it just hasn’t been officially announced yet until they confirm the rest of the games for that midweek fixture card? They will probably shift the Scouse derby to the Wednesday night as no doubt Liverpool will be playing on the Sunday due to playing Porto in the CL on the Wednesday.

Having said all that, I guess we just need to wait and see. Hopefully gets confirmed soon as I’ve got both match tickets and hotel booked for the Arsenal game :D

Last edited:

Mickson

I personally think the Chelsea game will be the Saturday, especially with the Villarreal game on the Tuesday and also Chelsea play Juventus that same night as well. If either or both those games were on the Wednesday then no doubt it would be moved to the Sunday. The Arsenal game I think most likely will remain on the Tuesday night, especially for tv broadcasting purposes. Looking at the fixture card that week, that’s the only midweek fixture that has a 8pm kickoff time whilst the others all have 7.45pm listed. Probably it’s already been provisionally agreed that will be the date and kickoff time for that game but it just hasn’t been officially announced yet until they confirm the rest of the games for that midweek fixture card? They will probably shift the Scouse derby to the Wednesday night as no doubt Liverpool will be playing on the Sunday due to playing Porto in the CL on the Wednesday.

Having said all that, I guess we just need to wait and see. Hopefully gets confirmed soon as I’ve got both match tickets and hotel booked for the Arsenal game :D
That was exactly what I thought as well. They have a provisional date for when they confirm the fixture (16th September) but I'm not sure I can wait until that to book flights! Anyway, thank you very much.