All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Can someone save me from spending £400 on Newcastle tickets? I am not giving up on the trip after two years but don’t like paying that much just because Ronaldo (they were going for £60 mere week ago)

Last edited:

Lenny1810

I hadn’t yet confirmed ours but just noticed that the payment’s automatically been taken and Villarreal has gone from the reservations list and is now listed in the main tickets section.
And Newcastle is now showing as the next game.
My Villarreal ticket has now moved over from reservations as well. It looks as though they move as the payment is collected.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
So I'm thinking about buying a package to see United-Liverpool but want to know what is required to enter OT! Do I need to be vaccinated or show a negative PCR test do they even check those things at the stadium? Cheers

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Looking for a pair for Villa at home if anyone can't make it. Thanks

P.S. Do we take a test?

Bosws87

So I'm thinking about buying a package to see United-Liverpool but want to know what is required to enter OT! Do I need to be vaccinated or show a negative PCR test do they even check those things at the stadium? Cheers
Currently nothing, but it could all change.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Made the mistake with those "sports breaks" of thinking that they weren't available yet, and "more information" was just to read about it in the meantime.

Liverpool "from" £219 just about sounded worthwhile, but the minimum is actually now about £350.
Madness, when the hotels are Travelodge esque, not exactly the Ritz!

Dubai_Red

Single ticket available for West Ham away. Can no longer make the game. Can transfer to anyone with a silver season ticket or above

EDIT - Ticket transferred. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Currently nothing, but it could all change.
Cheers that is what I read too
Made the mistake with those "sports breaks" of thinking that they weren't available yet, and "more information" was just to read about it in the meantime.

Liverpool "from" £219 just about sounded worthwhile, but the minimum is actually now about £350.
Yeah is not cheap but haven't watched live United football since January 2020 so I'm ok with paying. I never got to see Ronaldo live as a United player!

ReddyMcRedface

May gave a spare for the West Ham League Cup game, still waiting on a couple of people coming back to me first though.

Can't promise there'll be any Ronaldo either as it's League Cup :)

Imagine my surprise that I got rid of my Villa spare far more easily after the announcement.

Lenny1810

Has anyone successfully forwarded there Villarreal ticket yet? When i click Forward, I don’t get the same screen as EPL games

Robin

Has anyone successfully forwarded there Villarreal ticket yet? When i click Forward, I don’t get the same screen as EPL games
I have had the same problem and a friend also and that includes the West Ham one as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The Newcastle game still says something about more tickets will be released, but I wonder if that will happen, or if it's just a stock phrase they put against all games?

Anyone know from last year whether they put another block on sale this close to a game?
And whether they will put blocks of tickets on sale per game, or a few at a time going forward?

Always feels nervous when seeing "sold out" for the whole season even though you know more are coming.

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
Hello. Thought it would be easier to ask in here as the Facebook ticket pages are scandalous! I've took a years break with my season tickets due to just giving birth but I'd love to take my older daughter to a game. She's only 6 and want to take her to her first game. I'm after 2 tickets for any game preferably not a night game due to school etc. Doesn't matter who we are playing. If anybody is selling 2 tickets for any game at a reasonable price. Please DM me. Also I'm not a member. Do I have to be a member to buy tickets off someone? Its all so confusing now there's no cards! Only in Failsworth so can collect or whatever. Thank you in advance :)

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
The Newcastle game still says something about more tickets will be released, but I wonder if that will happen, or if it's just a stock phrase they put against all games?

Anyone know from last year whether they put another block on sale this close to a game?
And whether they will put blocks of tickets on sale per game, or a few at a time going forward?

Always feels nervous when seeing "sold out" for the whole season even though you know more are coming.
For every big game for the last few years (City, Liverpool, PSG, Barca included) the returned tickets have gone on sale at some point ahead of the game. They don't announce when, it appears to be completely random. I'm keeping my eyes peeled as I am looking for 2 in addition to our STs.

With that said, I honestly can't remember the last time demand for a game was so high so if they do go on, they will be gone in minutes

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Still looking for 1 ticket for Villa at home.

PM me if you have one available please.

Robin

Hello. Thought it would be easier to ask in here as the Facebook ticket pages are scandalous! I've took a years break with my season tickets due to just giving birth but I'd love to take my older daughter to a game. She's only 6 and want to take her to her first game. I'm after 2 tickets for any game preferably not a night game due to school etc. Doesn't matter who we are playing. If anybody is selling 2 tickets for any game at a reasonable price. Please DM me. Also I'm not a member. Do I have to be a member to buy tickets off someone? Its all so confusing now there's no cards! Only in Failsworth so can collect or whatever. Thank you in advance :)
You are best getting a membership for both of you , if you buy a “ lite” membership it’s only £20 for you and cheaper for a child but you can then buy tickets from the United site itself. However you can also get free memberships which gets you an official membership number which enables other season ticket holders to transfer their tickets to you. However a word of warning. The Facebook groups offering tickets are either ridiculously expensive or full of scammers. You are better off on here where most are trusted and the tickets are sold at face value. If you want help getting a free membership I will guide you through it.

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
You are best getting a membership for both of you , if you buy a “ lite” membership it’s only £20 for you and cheaper for a child but you can then buy tickets from the United site itself. However you can also get free memberships which gets you an official membership number which enables other season ticket holders to transfer their tickets to you. However a word of warning. The Facebook groups offering tickets are either ridiculously expensive or full of scammers. You are better off on here where most are trusted and the tickets are sold at face value. If you want help getting a free membership I will guide you through it.
Yeah the Newcastle tickets are going for £550 a pair on Facebook!!! I will be renewing next year anyway but took her to the under 23s last week and she loved it so hoping for a game this year. Yeah that would be great for the free memberships, thank you :). Do many people sell on here?

Robin

Yeah the Newcastle tickets are going for £550 a pair on Facebook!!! I will be renewing next year anyway but took her to the under 23s last week and she loved it so hoping for a game this year. Yeah that would be great for the free memberships, thank you :). Do many people sell on here?
Go on the manutd.com website. Go on memberships, top right hit ‘ my account ‘. Then ‘ create an account ‘, fill that in, it’s for the free one. At the bottom hit ‘ register’ then you will get an email telling you to verify your account. Then log out and back in again have a play around and you will find your membership number, is should start with a 5. You will have to create another for your daughter but you can use the same email address. Good luck

Robin

And you do get people selling on here but you won’t get the big games or weekend league games as they are rare. You will get midweek games though as a lot travel long distances and mid week travel is never easy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For every big game for the last few years (City, Liverpool, PSG, Barca included) the returned tickets have gone on sale at some point ahead of the game. They don't announce when, it appears to be completely random. I'm keeping my eyes peeled as I am looking for 2 in addition to our STs.

With that said, I honestly can't remember the last time demand for a game was so high so if they do go on, they will be gone in minutes
Is it only returned tickets that will come back on sale then?
Or do they specifically hold batches of tickets back for other games?

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
Go on the manutd.com website. Go on memberships, top right hit ‘ my account ‘. Then ‘ create an account ‘, fill that in, it’s for the free one. At the bottom hit ‘ register’ then you will get an email telling you to verify your account. Then log out and back in again have a play around and you will find your membership number, is should start with a 5. You will have to create another for your daughter but you can use the same email address. Good luck
Brill. Thank you for your help :)

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Is it only returned tickets that will come back on sale then?
Or do they specifically hold batches of tickets back for other games?
Good question. I think the answer is probably both!

manc_lass13

Transfer Voyeur
And you do get people selling on here but you won’t get the big games or weekend league games as they are rare. You will get midweek games though as a lot travel long distances and mid week travel is never easy.
Not fussed which game really. Night games would be difficult but we'll see. Thank you for all your help :)

K Stand Knut

Single ticket available for West Ham away. Can no longer make the game. Can transfer to anyone with a silver season ticket or above

EDIT - Ticket transferred. Thanks guys!
Is that true about being able to transfer to anyone who is a silver ST holder or above?

I thought they had to be silver and have been unsuccessful in the original ballot. Or at least, that is how it was made to sound after the ballot for Saints!

Hughsie75

Is that true about being able to transfer to anyone who is a silver ST holder or above?

I thought they had to be silver and have been unsuccessful in the original ballot. Or at least, that is how it was made to sound after the ballot for Saints!
I've been a season ticket holder (x3) for four years - so this is my first year of being able to apply for away tickets through the ST ballot. Can anyone help me with how it works? Is the ballot really random, or is there some type of loyalty scheme? I've not been successful in any of the ballots so far, but don't know whether that is bad luck or the fact that I'm new into the eligibility pool?

Thanks, Nick

PeteReDevil

iPete
Having supported since Schmeichel signed I finally took the plunge and bought game tickets. Will be bringing my brother for the Liverpool game, who hasn't attended a game either. I bought the tickets through a travel agency. Do I still need to be a paying member of the fan club?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Thought this would be the case.

PS - hope you're well mate!
Haha yeah all good, not bumped into you since that nightmare League cup away game at Derby decades back. Think we lost 1-0 to a Kris Commons goal and it took 7 hours to get there :lol:

wesleybrown19

Looking for two for Palace in December, have two memberships.
Presume they will come back on sale on website soon too.

K Stand Knut

I've been a season ticket holder (x3) for four years - so this is my first year of being able to apply for away tickets through the ST ballot. Can anyone help me with how it works? Is the ballot really random, or is there some type of loyalty scheme? I've not been successful in any of the ballots so far, but don't know whether that is bad luck or the fact that I'm new into the eligibility pool?

Thanks, Nick
It’s supposed to be completely random, although I doubt that is the case somehow.

There is a loyalty pot that is now closed and you cannot get in to it but the numbers in this dwindle year on year.

They also guarantee a certain number for execs who seem to have a much higher success rate.

HabeasC

I have a friend that's looking to get something like this as a present for her Dad - do you know which sites are still good for these packages? I remember using Thomas Cook, back before they went bust

Bosws87

Thanks, Nick
It's random you can get 4 in a row or none all season from years of applying.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Having supported since Schmeichel signed I finally took the plunge and bought game tickets. Will be bringing my brother for the Liverpool game, who hasn't attended a game either. I bought the tickets through a travel agency. Do I still need to be a paying member of the fan club?
Not needed I'm not a fan club member and been to many matches through travel agency tickets never been a problem!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
VILLARREAL back on sale!

Tickets showing in lots of areas, but not in huge quantities.
Top man. Slight concerns when seeing they're really spread out in singles apart from perhaps 1 block.

But then stumbled across the NE quadrant which has shedloads, so am nicely in. Cheers.

Having received the email, there's a print tickets option as well (with ID), so seems to be quite straight forward.

What a curious time to just throw them back up for sale.
I can tell this is going to be a "fun" season of ticket hunting!

Last edited: