All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Whatsername

Hey guys,

Wanted to drop in and ask what the likelihood of ever getting a season ticket for United is. Did anyone get one that wasn't passed down to them by their granddad? Realized I have been to OT once and now I have some disposable income I'd like to start attending more matches. I was contemplating a ST to a South based club (where I am) so I can see them once a year but would prefer to live a childhood dream of having a season ticket at OT.

Any advice?
I just phoned the ticket office in late July a few years ago to enquire about going on the waiting list, I needed two together and was asked when I wanted them, I said as soon as we could get them and was immediately offered two in the East stand.

I know they said that there weren’t any being made available for this season, not sure what the procedure is for next season but I‘m sure it was said that people who bought cup season tickets have higher priority over the waiting list for any that become available.

Okey

Last minute change of plans. If anyone local fancies a free ticket for tonight's game, give me a buzz.

locklust

I assume getting tickets for members without ST or points is literally zero chance for the final at Wembely?

Corey

Does anyone know how the League Cup final tickets are likely to work?

hp88

I assume getting tickets for members without ST or points is literally zero chance for the final at Wembely?
Depends on allocations, highly unlikely as I’m guessing ST holders who opted out will be pick up the left overs.

southlegend

I can no longer make the Palace game on the weekend. I’ve got a pair in E333. FV £90 for the pair.

SleepyJ

Any chance of a couple of tickets for Palace or Leeds or any home game this season...looking to bring my son over from Dublin :cool:..we are both OT Virgins :D

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Does anyone know how the League Cup final tickets are likely to work?
Club just emailed all season ticket holders who have opted in and bought all home cup tickets. Ballot is just for them and starts on Friday. United expect to receive around 32,000 tickets.

Annoyingly my wife opted out of the Europa due to childcare, so is ineligible. As we both want to go, I will have to sit out and see what the next ballot is.

RonaldoVII

I'll be sticking with the £40 seat I think and on the official coaches.

Curiously, who gets priority out of cup season ticket holders and ST holders who opted out of cup(s)?

ZupZup

I'll be sticking with the £40 seat I think and on the official coaches.

Curiously, who gets priority out of cup season ticket holders and ST holders who opted out of cup(s)?
Cup season ticket holders get priority.

Stretty1980

They used to do priority within the ballot of away applications... annoying they are not doing that now!!!

Ober tan

The tone of the email sounds like a STH with ACS is not guaranteed a ticket...
What makes you say that? STH who have bought all cup games are surely guaranteed one, maximum of 22k in that category and not all will apply & 32k allocation.

Corey

Club just emailed all season ticket holders who have opted in and bought all home cup tickets. Ballot is just for them and starts on Friday. United expect to receive around 32,000 tickets.

Annoyingly my wife opted out of the Europa due to childcare, so is ineligible. As we both want to go, I will have to sit out and see what the next ballot is.
Thanks for letting me know.

AndyMUFC

I'm assuming it's just balloted so that's it not an absolute free for all?

Surely everyone that has attened all games will get a ticket when we were told there's only 22,000 of us?

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
What makes you say that? STH who have bought all cup games are surely guaranteed one, maximum of 22k in that category and not all will apply & 32k allocation.
Probably just me being pessimistic, I hope. It's just the fact the ballot is restricted only to STHs with ACS and I assume execs can apply too. Based on the numbers being shared in this thread, I'm liking our odds but I just never know with this club's ticket operations. Also, it's been a while since a domestic cup final and I've forgotten how it all works properly and what it feels like. Should be a great day out for those that can get down. UTFR! :devil:

Lord Zlatan

Anyone got a sense as to when the Brentford game is likely to be rescheduled for or when we will know? Have flights booked and just learnt im not eligible for refund voucher.

Bosws87

Be interesting to see how many are left as it’s only full season ticket holders, will they drop it down to people who bought all but 1 or will the cup season ticket holders get next dibs.

Oystaboi

I'm assuming it's just balloted so that's it not an absolute free for all?

Surely everyone that has attened all games will get a ticket when we were told there's only 22,000 of us?
I assume the "corporate" season ticket holders will also get first dibs on the tickets. Meaning it 22,000 plus all those in the posh seats.

I'm a season ticket holder who opted out of cup games and the tone of the email makes me think I don't have a hope of getting tickets.

I remember back when we were getting to Wembley regularly just ringing up the ticket office a few days before asking about returns and getting lucky, that may be my best bet now (although very unlikely)

Evans999

Think they'll have no option but to give it to cup season ticket holders. The whole thing loses all credibility if they don't and won't sell any next year. There'll be people outraged regardless.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
ELF final tickets are on ticketmaster. Going for around 600 quid

GregM40

I’m a cup season ticket holder. Been a member forever and struggled to get tickets in the past. Usually work weekends so can’t attend most Saturday games. Don’t see the issue?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Think they'll have no option but to give it to cup season ticket holders. The whole thing loses all credibility if they don't and won't sell any next year. There'll be people outraged regardless.
I have e-mailed the club to try and understand how cup season ticket holders (who have only bought 9 matches) are somehow supposedly ahead of season ticket holders who have opted out of FA Cup and/or Europa League, but in for Carabao Cup. If you opted out of Europa but in for FA and Carabao Cups, you will have attended 15 matches in comparison.

I appreciate there won't be many who have opted in for Carabao and out for other comps, but cannot understand why these people would be behind cup season ticket holders. That makes no sense based on number of matches. You would somehow have greater priority having bought 3 discounted Europa League tickets over 9 full price Premier League tickets.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Just seen a lot of snide remarks here and there. If we weren’t in a final don’t think anyone would be bothered.
Not really, it makes sense. It's no doubt earning the club more money and helping to keep seats filled. Did you get the email about the ballot?

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I have e-mailed the club to try and understand how cup season ticket holders (who have only bought 9 matches) are somehow supposedly ahead of season ticket holders who have opted out of FA Cup and/or Europa League, but in for Carabao Cup. If you opted out of Europa but in for FA and Carabao Cups, you will have attended 15 matches in comparison.

I appreciate there won't be many who have opted in for Carabao and out for other comps, but cannot understand why these people would be behind cup season ticket holders. That makes no sense based on number of matches. You would somehow have greater priority having bought 3 discounted Europa League tickets over 9 full price Premier League tickets.
We are honestly the worst club when it comes to supporting our fanbase. Doesn't surprise me at all they're punishing you for 'only' buying a season ticket and domestic cups, ridiculous.

Walking to the game yesterday and £100 comes out for West Ham, before I even get back to my car there's an email about pricing for the final. Vultures!

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We are honestly the worst club when it comes to supporting our fanbase. Doesn't surprise me at all they're punishing you for 'only' buying a season ticket and domestic cups, ridiculous.

Walking to the game yesterday and £100 comes out for West Ham, before I even get back to my car there's an email about pricing for the final. Vultures!
Yep, crazy really. Still can't believe they took the Barca payments two months ago.

OllyJ21

I have also emailed the club as I want to understand how the Burnley game affects ‘purchasing all games’ as the area I sit in was closed and an email was sent to say the game was sold out

southlegend

Are these still available?
Potentially. Someone messaged last night, but I’ve not heard back since. I’ll give them a couple of hours, and then you’re welcome to them if I haven’t heard anything.

GregM40

Not really, it makes sense. It's no doubt earning the club more money and helping to keep seats filled. Did you get the email about the ballot?
From my understanding gotta wait until the first ballot is complete?