All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Micheal

Potentially. Someone messaged last night, but I’ve not heard back since. I’ll give them a couple of hours, and then you’re welcome to them if I haven’t heard anything.
Thank you, keep me posted.

ZupZup

I have e-mailed the club to try and understand how cup season ticket holders (who have only bought 9 matches) are somehow supposedly ahead of season ticket holders who have opted out of FA Cup and/or Europa League, but in for Carabao Cup. If you opted out of Europa but in for FA and Carabao Cups, you will have attended 15 matches in comparison.

I appreciate there won't be many who have opted in for Carabao and out for other comps, but cannot understand why these people would be behind cup season ticket holders. That makes no sense based on number of matches. You would somehow have greater priority having bought 3 discounted Europa League tickets over 9 full price Premier League tickets.
The thing is there has to be some incentive to buy a cup season ticket... if you buy one and your chances of going to a final should the team get there are tiny... why would you bother? I genuinely think the club have done the right thing. Other season ticket holders might have attended more matches but we all know that midweek cup games are not very popular so cup season ticket holders deserve a lot of credit for attending all of these.

I'll be honest, chatting with my mates at the start of the season... most of us weren't very enthused about all the cup matches but decided to opt in just because of this exact scenario. If we get to Wembley, then we want to be there.

Also, appreciate what you are saying. But even if they gave fans who had attended all Carabao cup games next highest priority, they'd almost certainly get a ticket.

RonaldoVII

We are honestly the worst club when it comes to supporting our fanbase. Doesn't surprise me at all they're punishing you for 'only' buying a season ticket and domestic cups, ridiculous.

Walking to the game yesterday and £100 comes out for West Ham, before I even get back to my car there's an email about pricing for the final. Vultures!
How should they have done it?

TheRedDevil2019

Been to all but one of the cup games, have 2 ST's, and donated the tickets for one tie, hopefully I'll get a pair.

JB7

The thing is there has to be some incentive to buy a cup season ticket... if you buy one and your chances of going to a final should the team get there are tiny... why would you bother? I genuinely think the club have done the right thing. Other season ticket holders might have attended more matches but we all know that midweek cup games are not very popular so cup season ticket holders deserve a lot of credit for attending all of these.

I'll be honest, chatting with my mates at the start of the season... most of us weren't very enthused about all the cup matches but decided to opt in just because of this exact scenario. If we get to Wembley, then we want to be there.

Also, appreciate what you are saying. But even if they gave fans who had attended all Carabao cup games next highest priority, they'd almost certainly get a ticket.
The incentive is that you’re top of the pile for a full ST the following year.

ZupZup

The incentive is that you’re top of the pile for a full ST the following year.
Assuming everyone who buys a cup ST wants one... I think they'd have to do better than that personally.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Personally would have any form of ST holder over a cup ST, but the club have made their own problem here. As others mention, 'you might get a full ST next year' is not enough of a carrot for cup ST holders if they don't get a look in for finals.

Okey

Yep, crazy really. Still can't believe they took the Barca payments two months ago.
I find the way too early payment thing ludicrous. The rush to money grab is just so obvious. The final whistle had barely sounded last night before the emails were out. I mean, it's not like they're worried we won't buy, is it?

Okey

I've seen a couple messages about home tickets for the Leeds game. Mine is available. Single. Great East stand seat right behind the goal. Hola.

ZupZup

Anybody else hearing conflicting things about how many ST holders had opted in?

I've heard 22k... and more recently 36k, and that only 7k season tickets didn't opt in for the cup games.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

I've heard 22k... and more recently 36k, and that only 7k season tickets didn't opt in for the cup games.
It's Utd mate, they wont even know themselves.

Evans999

I have e-mailed the club to try and understand how cup season ticket holders (who have only bought 9 matches) are somehow supposedly ahead of season ticket holders who have opted out of FA Cup and/or Europa League, but in for Carabao Cup. If you opted out of Europa but in for FA and Carabao Cups, you will have attended 15 matches in comparison.

I appreciate there won't be many who have opted in for Carabao and out for other comps, but cannot understand why these people would be behind cup season ticket holders. That makes no sense based on number of matches. You would somehow have greater priority having bought 3 discounted Europa League tickets over 9 full price Premier League tickets.
They'll never not sell season tickets.

6k Cup season ticket holders at average of 45 quid ticket over 9 cup games has made 2.4 million extra guaranteed revenue.

I don't see them giving Opt out season tickets priority.

mu57afa

It's 27k including those who returned Burnley out of goodwill, plus 5k execs. This is confirmed information

Ober tan

As of pre-Reading/Forest there were 22k STH (not including execs) who had opted in and bought all games. There would’ve been a lot more than 22k who opted in at the start of the season but either missed payments or sold their seat back to the club. Will probably be under 22k now after the Reading/Forest games.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

This is obviously unprecedented because this is the first season with cup season tickets and we have reached Wembley. I would have thought the incentive was surely guaranteed tickets for all home cup matches, given nearly every match is a virtual sell out anyway nowadays, as well as being given priority for future full season tickets.

I have no problem, however, with the principle of people who have attended all the earlier round of the cups getting priority over those who opted out of that cup though. I think it is reasonable cup season ticket holders are getting fairly high priority. I just don’t see how cup season ticket holders should get priority over full season tickets holders who opted in to the Carabao (but opted out of the FA Cup or Europa League) on the same principle.

Cup season ticket holders getting priority for final tickets over full season ticket holders who have opted out of the FA Cup or Europa League makes no sense on the basis of awarding the most regular attendees as is usually done. Attending the Europa League has only resulted in three matches so far, whilst attending the Premier League is nine matches. Why should someone with PL + FA + Carabao opt ins be lower priority than EL + FA + Carabao?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I have also emailed the club as I want to understand how the Burnley game affects ‘purchasing all games’ as the area I sit in was closed and an email was sent to say the game was sold out
Kelleher on a recent webinar said nobody who returned for Burnley would be adversely affected.

This is the same webinar where he said Wembley tickets would go to:
  1. Season ticket holders with full opt ins and all matches bought.
  2. Cup season ticket holders will all matches bought.
He mentioned nobody else and suggested this would be enough to take up full Wembley allocation.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I find the way too early payment thing ludicrous. The rush to money grab is just so obvious. The final whistle had barely sounded last night before the emails were out. I mean, it's not like they're worried we won't buy, is it?
To be fair, they will have been inundated with emails about tickets for the final last night and it's only a few weeks away so giving them credit for that. Taking payments for a game in literally another calendar year is ridiculous though.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
How should they have done it?
IDK if you're a ST member with ACS but general consensus is that they take the piss when it comes to ticketing. Problems with postage, they drop returns on the website on match days whilst people are travelling, executive members get special privileges (guaranteed allocation, only tier who are able to transfer away tickets etc.).

1. Don't take out money on match days, especially when the game is over 3 weeks away!
2. Chill out, don't need to be sold the next thing 5 minutes after the game ends.
3. Glazers out

TheRedDevil2019

This is obviously unprecedented because this is the first season with cup season tickets and we have reached Wembley. I would have thought the incentive was surely guaranteed tickets for all home cup matches, given nearly every match is a virtual sell out anyway nowadays, as well as being given priority for future full season tickets.

I have no problem, however, with the principle of people who have attended all the earlier round of the cups getting priority over those who opted out of that cup though. I think it is reasonable cup season ticket holders are getting fairly high priority. I just don’t see how cup season ticket holders should get priority over full season tickets holders who opted in to the Carabao (but opted out of the FA Cup or Europa League) on the same principle.

Cup season ticket holders getting priority for final tickets over full season ticket holders who have opted out of the FA Cup or Europa League makes no sense on the basis of awarding the most regular attendees as is usually done. Attending the Europa League has only resulted in three matches so far, whilst attending the Premier League is nine matches. Why should someone with PL + FA + Carabao opt ins be lower priority than EL + FA + Carabao?
Basically the scenario I'm in, we actually meant to opt in to europa league but after the cut off point realised we had checked the box and lost out.

We did opt in to both domestic cups and like I said I've been to all but one game.

Probably won't get a final ticket but if there's a few thousand spares after the first round I'd like to think I've got a decent shout at a pair.

OllyJ21

Kelleher on a recent webinar said nobody who returned for Burnley would be adversely affected.

This is the same webinar where he said Wembley tickets would go to:
  1. Season ticket holders with full opt ins and all matches bought.
  2. Cup season ticket holders will all matches bought.
He mentioned nobody else and suggested this would be enough to take up full Wembley allocation.
Thank you for your response & help

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Cup season ticket holders aren't able to apply for domestic cup aways, right?

Therefore I'm struggling to see why they should get priority over normal STHs even without the ACS. The problem here is the lack of clarity from the TO, all of this in terms of priorities should have been clearly communicated BEFORE the season and definitely before people signed up for Cup season tickets. It's just another example of how they make it up as they go along, but hold these fan interaction meetings and surveys as a tick-box exercise to make it seem as though they care about our thoughts.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Cup season ticket holders aren't able to apply for domestic cup aways, right?

Therefore I'm struggling to see why they should get priority over normal STHs even without the ACS. The problem here is the lack of clarity from the TO, all of this in terms of priorities should have been clearly communicated BEFORE the season and definitely before people signed up for Cup season tickets. It's just another example of how they make it up as they go along, but hold these fan interaction meetings and surveys as a tick-box exercise to make it seem as though they care about our thoughts.
No they can't - that would be mental.

Agree with your second paragraph completely.

Bosws87

Was the next stage mentioned in the email did i misread it or has it been formally announced that cup season ticket holders will be next?

As its spoken as gospel in this thread currently.

RedDevilLucio

Going forward I think it would be good if cup season ticket holders who bought all games this season but aren’t able to get access to a season ticket next year could be allowed to apply for cup away matches. There’s another incentive to buy one.

For what it’s worth I would love to be able to get a Carabao final ticket but if truth be told the main reason I purchased the cup season ticket was to get a full season ticket next season.

phelans shorts

IDK if you're a ST member with ACS but general consensus is that they take the piss when it comes to ticketing. Problems with postage, they drop returns on the website on match days whilst people are travelling, executive members get special privileges (guaranteed allocation, only tier who are able to transfer away tickets etc.).

1. Don't take out money on match days, especially when the game is over 3 weeks away!
2. Chill out, don't need to be sold the next thing 5 minutes after the game ends.
3. Glazers out
They do take the piss, but the bolded isn’t true, or at least it wasn’t earlier this season when I transferred a Palace away ticket. I’ve done pretty well with getting tickets since then too so definitely not been any effect. The only rule is that it must be someone who applied in the first place that you transfer to.

Unless they can do more and that’s what you meant there and I misunderstood that is.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Going forward I think it would be good if cup season ticket holders who bought all games this season but aren’t able to get access to a season ticket next year could be allowed to apply for cup away matches. There’s another incentive to buy one.

For what it’s worth I would love to be able to get a Carabao final ticket but if truth be told the main reason I purchased the cup season ticket was to get a full season ticket next season.
There's already a mad oversubscribed scramble for away tickets- why would we make it worse?

JB7

Yeah that seems fair, make normal season ticket holders wait 4 years to apply for away games but let cup season ticket holders apply in year 2. Christ.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
They do take the piss, but the bolded isn’t true, or at least it wasn’t earlier this season when I transferred a Palace away ticket. I’ve done pretty well with getting tickets since then too so definitely not been any effect. The only rule is that it must be someone who applied in the first place that you transfer to.

Unless they can do more and that’s what you meant there and I misunderstood that is.
Sorry, European away... not domestic!

Remember the geese

I was led to believe that selling your ticket back to the club came with no implications. Is that not the case? I've opted in for everything, but can't remember if I have sold one of my league cup tickets back to the club earlier this season.

Ober tan

I was led to believe that selling your ticket back to the club came with no implications. Is that not the case? I've opted in for everything, but can't remember if I have sold one of my league cup tickets back to the club earlier this season.
That’s only for league games I’m pretty sure

Whatsername

There was one league cup game (Burnley?) where there was an ambulance strike and capacity had to be reduced so the club offered to buy back tickets with no implications in that instance. I thought that was a one off though to help the club out.

Otherwise you’d have people opting in, selling every ticket back but still being eligible for a ticket for a final.

Remember the geese

That’s only for league games I’m pretty sure
There was one league cup game (Burnley?) where there was an ambulance strike and capacity had to be reduced so the club offered to buy back tickets with no implications in that instance. I thought that was a one off though to help the club out.

Otherwise you’d have people opting in, selling every ticket back but still being eligible for a ticket for a final.
Thank you both. I am now going to anxiously try and find out if I made a terrible mistake earlier in the season :nervous:

Fried Chicken FC

You do know that cup season ticket holders are allowed to attend league games too, right? I've attended all of them.

Aside from that though, there's nothing wrong with Cup season ticket holders being next in line.

The club has also given full season ticket holders plenty of benefits this season. I'm sure I heard you could attend 10 out of 19 league games and it would still count as 100% attendance if you sold some tickets back/donated to the foundation.

Last edited: