All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

RedDevilLucio

Just reading the email from club for Newcastle game it says they are starting to do COVID passport checks (allthough they won’t be enforced until government say they have to be).

ReddyMcRedface

Has anyone tried to forward a League Cup ticket yet?

I forwarded a normal league game without a problem but the League Cup game won't let me change price type (need to swap my old man's over-65 to an adult) and won't let me press the forward button.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just reading the email from club for Newcastle game it says they are starting to do COVID passport checks (allthough they won’t be enforced until government say they have to be).

Presumably you can bring ID and the little card of proof?

Lenny1810

They all arrived around an hour after forwarding in the end so perhaps the system was just slow...And to be fair, I got a response from the ticket office via email within 3 hours which was a nice surprise and they had already arrived by then.

If you need to forward any tickets, I would get them done sooner rather than later so you have enough time to resolve any issues if required. Good luck!
I’ve transferred my Villarreal this evening - i have the email but the person I’ve transferred it to hasn’t received an email.
I’ll give it a day or two then start chasing....

Antni1987

Presumably you can bring ID and the little card of proof?
I‘d imagine they’re fine but for some reason I have the feeling that they’ll want the pass from the NHS app as it seems the gov want people using it probably for statistical purposes.

Adam89

I got excited for a moment, doing a similar link for Liverpool, seeing loads of tickets, and thinking I was some sort of genius breaking the code,a nd ready to fill my boots.

Then erm..realised they're clearly not available yet :wenger: :o

Then realised same deal for Newcastle.

I'm trying to resist the temptation for Newcastle, as my boys Wycombe have a game 30mins away, so I should probably leave it be until another game :)
I copied this method to check a few other games out just in case and it seems to be letting me purchase Burnley tickets despite it being "register your interest", no error messages right through the process. There are a few singles available and multiples in one of the quads at the time of writing;

Tickets for Manchester United v Burnley: Man United Tickets (manutd.com)

Whether the sales are honoured who knows but got to be worth a go for anyone worrying demand might have had a slight uptick following Ronaldo's return.

EDIT Also working for Atalanta!

Tickets for Manchester United v Atalanta BC: Man United Tickets (manutd.com)

Last edited:

Schweinsteigeradi

I copied this method to check a few other games out just in case and it seems to be letting me purchase Burnley tickets despite it being "register your interest", no error messages right through the process. There are a few singles available and multiples in one of the quads at the time of writing;

Whether the sales are honoured who knows but got to be worth a go for anyone worrying demand might have had a slight uptick following Ronaldo's return.

You are doing God's work! I received them to my inbox and can add them to the wallet as well!

RedDevilLucio

Cheers Adam I just bagged a ticket for Burnley pal

Raimond

I have no idea what you're talking about but can confirm you're a bloody genius and legend mate. Just bagged a great ticket for Atalanta and more were appearing all the time when I was on there. Have yerself a beer lad!

Adam89

You are doing God's work! I received them to my inbox and can add them to the wallet as well!
Cheers Adam I just bagged a ticket for Burnley pal
I have no idea what you're talking about but can confirm you're a bloody genius and legend mate. Just bagged a great ticket for Atalanta and more were appearing all the time when I was on there. Have yerself a beer lad!

All credit to Sandikan and corno_mufc for the idea, do hope it works out for everyone and I'm sure there are others that have cottoned on and been doing it.

If it were working for City or Liverpool, or it was letting you bypass needing a membership, I might expect a refund if/when they notice but, given these games have already been on sale and won't have ballots, I'm optimistic.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We got tickets off StubHub and LiveFootballTickets for the game, obviously paying through the roof but that is not the point. One of my mates got forwarded a ticket with someone else’s name, the other has his own name but he doesn’t have Membership so not sure how that got set up. Obviously both are slightly concerned that they won’t be able to enter the ground. What should we be mindful of when purchasing these to not get denied an entrance on Saturday? It says they should be printed but surely scanning a QR code from a mobile phone is going to be even more efficient?

I haven’t even got mine yet but been asked for a name so I imagine mine will also have a name.

robinrooney

I have 4 together for West Ham in the League Cup on 22nd September.

Stretford End upper, W3106. Great seats.

These are £36 each on the United website, I'm selling them for £28 each

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We got tickets off StubHub and LiveFootballTickets for the game, obviously paying through the roof but that is not the point. One of my mates got forwarded a ticket with someone else’s name, the other has his own name but he doesn’t have Membership so not sure how that got set up. Obviously both are slightly concerned that they won’t be able to enter the ground. What should we be mindful of when purchasing these to not get denied an entrance on Saturday? It says they should be printed but surely scanning a QR code from a mobile phone is going to be even more efficient?

I haven’t even got mine yet but been asked for a name so I imagine mine will also have a name.
I suppose when tickets are either printed off an email, or someone has forwarded you a QR from a non official source, the risk that will always be there is that someone has forwarded those to others as well.

So basically, get in the second the gate opens!

ps someone had previously said this electronic ticketing business sorts out touting once and for all.

But when a tout can just forward you the ticket, and most likely they won't check ID for 75,000 people, then how does it cut touting out?
If anything it makes it easier, as you can split tickets out individually, instead of having to get cards back.

robinrooney

I suppose when tickets are either printed off an email, or someone has forwarded you a QR from a non official source, the risk that will always be there is that someone has forwarded those to others as well.

So basically, get in the second the gate opens!

ps someone had previously said this electronic ticketing business sorts out touting once and for all.

But when a tout can just forward you the ticket, and most likely they won't check ID for 75,000 people, then how does it cut touting out?
If anything it makes it easier, as you can split tickets out individually, instead of having to get cards back.
You can't forward a ticket more than once.

When you forward it, the ticket is no longer yours.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Strange they've picked these 2 out, but no others. Yet only a tiny handful of tickets. You wonder if they've got the coding slightly wrong!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You can't forward a ticket more than once.

When you forward it, the ticket is no longer yours.
Can't forward the electronic version, or do it officially no.
But you'll have the email with the tickets, and can forward (sell?) those on numerous times.

Yes it would take criminality to do it, but that has to be the risk if you're dealing with strangers.

cbmufc

You'll be fine. They don't check names vs tickets, thousands go in everyweek on other peoples ST's. Every supporters clubs sell tickets on to random people with different names on the ST.

Print as a backup but qr code on phone worked fine for Leeds.

faysmax

News update this morning saying Cristiano might have to wait a bit more and not play this weekend due to isolation and delay in trainings etc. Wonder how many "new fans" are upset they might not see him :angel:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
You'll be fine. They don't check names vs tickets, thousands go in everyweek on other peoples ST's. Every supporters clubs sell tickets on to random people with different names on the ST.

Print as a backup but qr code on phone worked fine for Leeds.
I am actually more concerned for the guy who got his own name on the ticket as he did not set up any membership in order to receive that. Also, he got forwarded a ticket to Man City v Southampton simultaneously which may have been a system error.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
News update this morning saying Cristiano might have to wait a bit more and not play this weekend due to isolation and delay in trainings etc. Wonder how many "new fans" are upset they might not see him :angel:
Imagine that. The whole of Manchester sold out for this game, then he comes on at 73mins.

misterbigalow

Imagine that. The whole of Manchester sold out for this game, then he comes on at 73mins.
Haha, I'm guessing it'll be 60 mins, but he'll still get a huge pop (wrestling slang coming out now!) and will still be a great moment

beatmakers87

I really dont think ID checks are carried out on digital tickets as in the email it says download to smartphone and also on the Utd website and in the email confirmation it ONLY specifies ID checks on print out tickets as you can download and print the PDF file. The digital tickets you add to your google pay are not subject to ID checks as otherwise it would clearly let us know on the site or email.....

cbmufc

I am actually more concerned for the guy who got his own name on the ticket as he did not set up any membership in order to receive that. Also, he got forwarded a ticket to Man City v Southampton simultaneously which may have been a system error.
The city part is silly but I wouldn't sweat for one minute on what name is on the ticket. ST's on here can advise but you can forward onto names that aren't members I believe?

Santos J

https://tickets.manutd.com/en-GB/events/manchester united v aston villa/2021-9-25_15.00/old trafford?sb2m=1&hallmap

Loads showing for Villa game but every one I pick won't let me proceed to checkout, what is going on?

Same for anyone else?
Because it's a "back door method" to get to that page and they're not actually available yet if at all. They'll likely be some released at some point in the next couple of weeks so any available would be able to purchase then.

ihateliverpool

I just received the email
hope we ban them from coming. I can travel easy enough to get there but need to know by Friday really.

fond memories of playing them, when we played them at old Trafford Juan mata gave my son his shirt after the game, soaked in sweat, he’d only been on the pitch 20 mins!

eugegall

Hi All,

Got my season tickets available for a couple of upcoming games for anyone interested.

2 seats next to each other - S128 Row 1 (I really like these seats)

United v Villa - 25th September
United v Villarreal - 29th September (Champions League)
United v Everton - 2nd October

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Hi All,

Got my season tickets available for a couple of upcoming games for anyone interested.

Looking to take my daughter to the Villa game so will happily take them.

We are both members

faysmax

Hi All,

I will take Everton if you are okay with it. I have two memberships to which you can transfer. Cheers mate

eugegall

I will take Everton if you are okay with it. I have two memberships to which you can transfer. Cheers mate
I'll take Villa mate, need just the one.
Hi guys,

I have received quite a few PMs already believe it or not and I am replying in order of soonest first.

Can I let you know how I get on with the others?

Cheers

Ludens the Red

Hi All,

I can’t make these games but I’ll take your Newcastle ticket off you thanks.

robinrooney

Hi All,

I'll take the 2 for Everton if no one has got in before me

Jacob

Hi All,

I'm keen on the pair for Everton!

Red00012

I know we’re probably not getting to the final but is it still a case of if you buy tickets for all CL away games you’re guaranteed a final ticket?
No , the final reverts back to a domestic away ballot where’s it’s just pot luck