All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Dan_F

Talking of touts, I was on the train coming back to Manchester from Burnley last night, the lad that was sat next to me had flown in from Limerick, paid for 2 nights in a hotel and then had to pay £200 for his ticket. It’s time we had another random Leicester away where we all had to collect our tickets via an ID check. Weed out a few of the professional touts. We all have the good mates who we can get a spare away ticket from which isn’t a problem.
Years ago someone on here sold me an away ticket for £100. It was my first away and proper convenient as I was working in Southampton for the week. At least it wasn’t £200 though!

daveoliver91

Hi guys! Looking for a couple of tickets for the Brighton game next Tuesday. The two tickets would be for non members.. not sure if it can be sorted!
Thanks!

K Stand Knut

Talking of touts, I was on the train coming back to Manchester from Burnley last night, the lad that was sat next to me had flown in from Limerick, paid for 2 nights in a hotel and then had to pay £200 for his ticket. It’s time we had another random Leicester away where we all had to collect our tickets via an ID check. Weed out a few of the professional touts. We all have the good mates who we can get a spare away ticket from which isn’t a problem.
The idea that a one-off ticket collection point will ‘weed out the professional touts’ is ridiculous.

It didn’t happen after the Leicester game and won’t happen if we have to do it again.

Nothing will change whilst we have such a brilliant away following, or at least not until the club change the ticket allocation policy

JB7

The idea that a one-off ticket collection point will ‘weed out the professional touts’ is ridiculous.

It didn’t happen after the Leicester game and won’t happen if we have to do it again.

Nothing will change whilst we have such a brilliant away following, or at least not until the club change the ticket allocation policy
To be fair he said "a few", which it probably would. It's not a perfect solution but holding a couple of the ticket collections a season isn't the worst idea in the world.

That being said, imagine paying £200 for Burnley away, people are off their heads.

K Stand Knut

To be fair he said "a few", which it probably would. It's not a perfect solution but holding a couple of the ticket collections a season isn't the worst idea in the world.

That being said, imagine paying £200 for Burnley away, people are off their heads.
I disagree. I don’t think it would alleviate the issue at all. These ‘professional’ touts get their tickets legitimately and always will. Who and where those legitimate sources are is the unknown but like someone said above, there are a number of people who are able to get tickets for people due to being employed/connected to the club.

I personally know someone who regularly tells me to contact him if I ever need any tickets and I know a mate who had links to a former player who would always source away tickets for him. He particularly made a small amount of money selling his away tickets on whilst taking the back-handed tickets from the player.

It’s something that the club don’t care about enough for anything to change.

JB7

I disagree. I don’t think it would alleviate the issue at all. These ‘professional’ touts get their tickets legitimately and always will. Who and where those legitimate sources are is the unknown but like someone said above, there are a number of people who are able to get tickets for people due to being employed/connected to the club.

I personally know someone who regularly tells me to contact him if I ever need any tickets and I know a mate who had links to a former player who would always source away tickets for him. He particularly made a small amount of money selling his away tickets on whilst taking the back-handed tickets from the player.

It’s something that the club don’t care about enough for anything to change.
You may well be right, you're obviously spot on regarding the former player links which doesn't help particularly given in years gone by it was a source of income for players in simpler times when they did need the money, which has now become just a "pass onto mates and mates of mates of mates" situation which I appreciate is unlikely to ever stop really.

Obviously it's not something that is going to be completely cut out but if they did a collection that cut even 4 or 5 touts out, for me it would be worth doing but I'm sure the club probably think differently, if they did care they could find out the source of tickets pretty easily by just buying a few tickets from the various twitter pages. And I guess thinking out loud with the prices of tickets on that market now it's probably worth someone's while even if they did have to travel to collect & hand it over in person.

ell

last minute but I have a pair available for tomorrow - Sir Alex Ferguson Stand N1406 - they're great seats if I dont say so myself! 1 adult ticket and 1 65+ but that can be upgraded. So its £100 if 2 adults or £70 if 1 adult and 1 senior. thanks!

robinrooney

Yeah my bad looks like you can still forward, I had a mate try it earlier in the season who said it didn't work anymore. Like you say it's only if they applied and you have to physically pass on.
Phoned the TO and they said that you can only transfer in the week before the game.

fergieisold

SOUTHAMPTON PAIR - Free to fill the seats.

I managed to some how forget I had these available. If someone wants them I can forward them on (easiest with a membership number).

edit - these are now gone.

Last edited:

fergieisold

Oh man after I insulted you in the entertainment forum as well…

Edit: these available?
Just gone now sorry!

Don't worry, If I wasn't so forgetful I'd be charging for them haha! Really close to the game though so rather the seats got filled. Fair play to united with this new ticket portal - makes it a hell of a lot easier to send them to someone on short notice.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Just gone now sorry!

Don't worry, If I wasn't so forgetful I'd be charging for them haha! Really close to the game though so rather the seats got filled. Fair play to united with this new ticket portal - makes it a hell of a lot easier to send them to someone on short notice.

Cheers anyway mate - I just got back from an appointment early else I’d have got tickets myself!

ElBarto

Just gone now sorry!

Very decent of you, bravo

Raimond

Atletico home ballot listed as happening w/c tomorrow.....then money taken from season ticket holders accounts Tuesday. Does that mean we're expecting the ballot tomorrow then?? Thanks

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
One ticket available for Brighton in n2402, safe standing section.

Face value is £38. Happy to sell for £30 to a member.

Last edited:

ihateliverpool

I’m looking for 3 together for the Watford game, 1 adult and 2 kids but realise This may be tricky, need to be together
I don’t care where in the ground they are

im buying them as a gift/thank you to someone who would not have the chance to get to a game normally so price will be key, hoping for some help if possible but realise it’s a long shot

OllyJ21

Quick question and apologies if already answered but cannot see. I purchased parking for United Brighton game back in December. Is that still valid for Tuesdays game?

MacGlock88

2 Tickets, Seated Together in E335 available for the Brighton Game on Tues 15th Feb.
Send to members, FV.

Kev the Red

1 x Single available for Brighton, NE3419.
Face value £42, selling for £30.
Members only. DM if interested.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
One ticket available for Brighton at home tomorrow 15/02. Tier 2 Stretford End. Face value. W3102

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Atletico home ballot listed as happening w/c tomorrow.....then money taken from season ticket holders accounts Tuesday. Does that mean we're expecting the ballot tomorrow then?? Thanks
I would expect results to start filtering through today yeah.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I would expect results to start filtering through today yeah.
Popped on to ask about this.
No tickets or payment taken by midday, and my ballot section on the site brings an error message.

However, may be too early to be a chubbing just yet?

JonSlu

Just out of interest, how would they know if the ticket isn't yours? It doesn't state your name or number on the ticket itself. At least not for domestic aways.
United wrote my name on my Juventus and Atalanta away tickets. Might just be an Italian thing though because my name isn't on any other European away ticket.

ihateliverpool

United wrote my name on my Juventus and Atalanta away tickets. Might just be an Italian thing though because my name isn't on any other European away ticket.
for domestic aways the correct person to use it is identifiable from the barcode. They do random checks, et at Burnley my 10yr old got stopped and checked!

they also cancel a certain number of tickets before each away and text the number that it was sold to telling them to collect a new ticket with ID from the away ground (at Burnley approx 200 got done, more at Villa)

for euro aways they only issue the tickets the day before/day of the game at a venue close to the ground to the passport holder. Again at the turnstile they do check quite often, in many countries it’s a legal requirement to carry your ID so no passport to show in Spain for example and you have a problem on your hands

kcmitch

That's interesting. What other countries did you not have your name on?