All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

JB7

Birmingham to Bilbao via Brussles on the day of the game, Santander to Birmingham the following day.

HucknallRed

Birmingham to Bilbao via Brussles on the day of the game, Santander to Birmingham the following day.
Me & my lad are on the same return flight (Cheap). Just hoping to hit zero for tickets, then book flights out for the Weds.

red_sun

I am in England for the first time, and going to watch us play against West Ham (thanks to @Mufc8282 :drool:)
Going from never being able to watch games, to being in a place where I had to wake up 3am for the Europa League to being this close to fulfilling a lifelong dream is indescribable.

Currently in London, but headed to Manchester on the 28th. Doing the stadium tour the day after, but wanted some advice for match day:
  • What place is good to eat before the game?
  • Is there a pub that I should go to beforehand?
    • Do the supporters all walk and chant together to Old Trafford?
  • What's the best place to see the players up close? And is it before or after the game?
    • If I get something signed, cool. If not, I wouldn't be crestfallen about it.

Andy_Cole

So I’m going to Qatar next month. I’ve only bagged England vs USA so far. If anyone has any games around that date (25 November), pairs or 4s I’ll probably take them. Super keen on Brazil vs Serbia, Belgium vs Canada. Let me know! I reckon I’ll be there 21-26 November and then Dubai for Saturday night.

ZupZup

Currently in London, but headed to Manchester on the 28th. Doing the stadium tour the day after, but wanted some advice for match day:
  • What place is good to eat before the game?
  • Is there a pub that I should go to beforehand?
    • Do the supporters all walk and chant together to Old Trafford?
  • What's the best place to see the players up close? And is it before or after the game?
    • If I get something signed, cool. If not, I wouldn't be crestfallen about it.

Where are you staying in Manchester? I would say you are better off getting food in the city centre if you are staying there as not too many decent places near the ground.

As for pubs, the Tollgate next to Trafford Bar tram stop I would suggest. It will be full of reds pre-match and normally you'll get groups who walk the ten minutes to the ground from there and chant along the way. It's also where many of the Glazer Out protest marches start from.

You can hang around behind the Stretford End waiting to see players before or after the game... but they do arrive hours before and I am not sure you'd have much luck getting anything signed.

red_sun

Where are you staying in Manchester? I would say you are better off getting food in the city centre if you are staying there as not too many decent places near the ground.

As for pubs, the Tollgate next to Trafford Bar tram stop I would suggest. It will be full of reds pre-match and normally you'll get groups who walk the ten minutes to the ground from there and chant along the way. It's also where many of the Glazer Out protest marches start from.

You can hang around behind the Stretford End waiting to see players before or after the game... but they do arrive hours before and I am not sure you'd have much luck getting anything signed.
Staying close to St. Peter's Square.

Nice, will get on that. Is 1.5/2 hours before the game a good time to be at Tollgate?

Ah, got it. More like one of those 1% hope things.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Staying close to St. Peter's Square.

Nice, will get on that. Is 1.5/2 hours before the game a good time to be at Tollgate?

Ah, got it. More like one of those 1% hope things.
Tollgate is a good halfway house between being able to get near the bar and atmosphere.

If you want a slightly contrived singsong head to the Bishops Blaize but you'll need to queue to get in from two hours pre KO.

Advice to eat in the city centre is good advice. Unless you want burger van type stuff from the pub/around the ground.

JB7

Anyone manage to pick up a Villa return? Mate reckons there were a few up about an hour or so ago. I haven't seen any to be honest so I don't know if he was just trying to wind me up.

Ober tan

Anyone manage to pick up a Villa return? Mate reckons there were a few up about an hour or so ago. I haven't seen any to be honest so I don't know if he was just trying to wind me up.
I had one in my basket then it was asking for me to put card details in again and it fell out ffs. I’ve been on the away page looking to see if Sociedad has gone down to 0 and by chance it just popped up, was around 11am yeah.

HucknallRed

I had one in my basket then it was asking for me to put card details in again and it fell out ffs. I’ve been on the away page looking to see if Sociedad has gone down to 0 and by chance it just popped up, was around 11am yeah.
It’s at zero?

It just keeps saying event not available every time I select a seat. Must have refreshed 100s of times last 2 days.

Ober tan

Nah I meant I’ve been checking the page to see if Sociedad went to 0 yet (it hasn’t) and that’s when I saw Villa go up.

Would be nice if the club could at least communicate so we aren’t pissing around on the website.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Nah I meant I’ve been checking the page to see if Sociedad went to 0 yet (it hasn’t) and that’s when I saw Villa go up.

Would be nice if the club could at least communicate so we aren’t pissing around on the website.
Ridiculous suggestion. This is Utd heritage.

amjad01

Club ticket website is a joke tbh. Certain upcoming home games like Forest, the stadium map shows w3102 as being available, you click into it and theres nothing. I called them and he suggested "it was in someones basket" - i tried numerous times and the day after and still same issue. it can only stay in someones basket for 15mins so certainly wasnt that.

rsb

Real Sociedad open to 0 credits from Monday 9.30am. Theres around 30 or so tickets left when you click in.

JakeMilburn

I'm on the same flight back for the Friday.
You planning to get the bus or rent a car? We've not worked out what our best plan is yet.

hughesie7

Me and my mate are doing Gatwick to Bilbao and return but the early flight out Thursday morning has sold out now. Glad we took the gamble and booked the flight early.

looking at it now best bet is flying from London area is now to fly Gatwick to Bordeaux. Early flight Thursday and flight back Friday afternoon. £146 and only a 2 hour ish drive to San Sebastián

Last edited:

Ober tan

Last bus back from San Sebastian to Bilbao is 22:55, game kicks off at 18:45 and ground is 1 mile from the station. Does that seem doable, will they hold fans back after game?

hughesie7

Last bus back from San Sebastian to Bilbao is 22:55, game kicks off at 18:45 and ground is 1 mile from the station. Does that seem doable, will they hold fans back after game?
we are staying in San Sebastián. We’ve hired a car to drive to and from Bilbao airport. Was only £35

red_sun

Tollgate is a good halfway house between being able to get near the bar and atmosphere.

If you want a slightly contrived singsong head to the Bishops Blaize but you'll need to queue to get in from two hours pre KO.

Advice to eat in the city centre is good advice. Unless you want burger van type stuff from the pub/around the ground.
Great! Thanks!

JB7

I'm on the same flight back for the Friday.
You planning to get the bus or rent a car? We've not worked out what our best plan is yet.
Probably get the bus. There’s one that gets into Santander about an hour before the flight which should be ok given how small the airport looks.

Darkhorsez

Guys any idea when they will release tv schedule for Christmas? Flying in on Boxing Day and want to know if I can make the Forest game.

Ober tan

There’s about 50 tickets left now. I’ve already got mine but can still go in and look.

says on the website will go to 0 at 09:30 Monday now
When you bought yours did it make you enter all your card details again? Last couple of tickets I’ve bought now it doesn’t let you choose from saved cards, even if you’ve ticked to save them. Led to a couple tickets dropping out my basket annoyingly.

cbmufc

Have to return my Sociedad tickets, pissed off as done over £100 on flights I can’t get back but I have to be in the country. Don’t see the option on site- do I have to ring the club? Never had to return euro aways before so a bit lost. Cheers

hughesie7

Have to return my Sociedad tickets, pissed off as done over £100 on flights I can’t get back but I have to be in the country. Don’t see the option on site- do I have to ring the club? Never had to return euro aways before so a bit lost. Cheers
Can’t you sell your flight onto a red that wants to go? £40 name change plus the 100 for flight is still cheaper than current prices

Ober tan

If you are able to sort a name change, what flights have you booked? I could be interested if I get a ticket on Monday.

cbmufc

Can’t you sell your flight onto a red that wants to go? £40 name change plus the 100 for flight is still cheaper than current prices
Well I can, It’s a Tuesday flight to Barcelona - if anyone wants it let me know but I can’t imagine anyone would.

Back to my original question- does anyone know the process to return euro aways?

JamesCurran

Well I can, It’s a Tuesday flight to Barcelona - if anyone wants it let me know but I can’t imagine anyone would.

Back to my original question- does anyone know the process to return euro aways?
Contact the club, how many tickets is it out of interest?

philipos

Airlines usually say that for a name change you have to pay the change fee plus the difference in the original price of the ticket and the current price so it’s not worth it.

I have two Vueling flights from Gatwick to Bilbao out on Monday 31st and back on Sunday 6th for a total of 180 euros including one case that I can’t now use as I am having knee surgery on 10 November and am not allowed to fly beforehand but it’ll cost 50 Euros per flight per ticket to change the names plus the current fare difference so the only way it would be worth anyone doing a name change is if there were no other tickets available.