All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

50 Shades of O'Shea

I am traveling to London for the West Ham v. United game next Sunday for my first away game. What location/bar is the typical meet-up point for United fans in London prior to this game?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for asking this question.

Stretch

I need some help. So I'm going to the Wolves match on the 13th. Am traveling from London to Manchester to attend. However, I can't seem to find any trains available. Would all the trains already be sold out or are the railway strikes I've read about affecting train availability or is there another reason? I am sleeping over in Manchester on the 13th so that's not an issue.

Intention is to take a train back to London on the 14th and there seems to be availability for that but not on Saturday the 13th. Hence me thinking trains must be sold out?

Last edited:

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I need some help. So I'm going to the Wolves match on the 13th. Am traveling from London to Manchester to attend. However, I can't seem to find any trains available. Would all the trains already be sold out or is the railway strikes I've read about affecting train availability or is there another reason? I am sleeping over in Manchester on the 13th so that's not an issue.

Intention is to take a train back to London on the 14th and there seems to be availability for that but not on Saturday the 13th. Hence me thinking trains must be sold out?
There are strikes planned so they won't release the timetable and tickets till the week leading up.

I went down to London at Christmas from Manchester and it was the same, think it ended up one train an hour instead of the usual three. Think if you go on the avanti website they email you the minute they get released.

Stretch

There are strikes planned so they won't release the timetable and tickets till the week leading up.

I went down to London at Christmas from Manchester and it was the same, think it ended up one train an hour instead of the usual three. Think if you go on the avanti website they email you the minute they get released.
Bugger. At least there's still a chance but I will be in a pickle if trains aren't available for that day. I've setup a notification on Avanti for an alert. Which are the other major operators for London to Manchester?

I take it bus is the only alternative if trains don't work out?

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Bugger. At least there's still a chance but I will be in a pickle if trains aren't available for that day. I've setup a notification on Avanti for an alert. Which are the other major operators for London to Manchester?

Pretty sure it's just avanti on that particular line. There have been trains running on strike days before on that line but could always go up to Leeds and across as that's LNER.

Bus or fly if not.

Robin

Thanks for your replies.
Reasonable for me is around 300-400 max as this is a final.
But in general, if we can’t get tickets from Man Utd website, do you know which are the most reliable websites to buy a ticket for Man Utd games ? Stubhub ? Livefootballticket.com ?
You might get a final ticket off a mate or relative for £300 but on resale sites you are going to be looking at nearer a grand, makes it worse being a derby. On the other hand looking at the City end criteria, if you are a member and been on a bus journey where you go passed the Emptyhad you are guaranteed a ticket, and you get a free inflatable banana to take into the ground !!

Whatsername

The strikes
Pretty sure it's just avanti on that particular line. There have been trains running on strike days before on that line but could always go up to Leeds and across as that's LNER.

Bus or fly if not.
Or hire a car.
I think most train companies are on strike on the 12th and 13th and as mentioned some services may run but it’s not a usually full timetable and might be for limited hours.

JipJap Stam

Anyone having problems applying for final? I’m clicking apply and then it’s coming up error unable to find price selection

Robin

The strikes

Or hire a car.
I think most train companies are on strike on the 12th and 13th and as mentioned some services may run but it’s not a usually full timetable and might be for limited hours.
We hired a 7 seater for the semi, with fuel etc it came to about £35 a head.
For the final we have hired a 9 seater and that should work out at roughly the same.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Anyone driving back London way after Brighton away?

Need to be there for the weekend and trains are such an arse post match. DM if anyone can help, cheers!

Robin

I’ve gone for the Cat 2 option, but surprised at the 30,500 tickets, I was expecting a lot less. Quite confident of getting them now

Bosws87

Anyone been hit with the non instant decision on the credit for the season ticket done in it for years to instant approval and my credit rating is nearly perfect.

do I just sit here like a lemon for a decision?

Bosws87

Anyone been hit with the non instant decision on the credit for the season ticket done in it for years to instant approval and my credit rating is nearly perfect.

do I just sit here like a lemon for a decision?
Rang them up none of my details went through they only received my name and address, so had to cancel the application and now have to reapply for my ticket.

You just know this won’t be straightforward and it’s gonna be a giant pain in the arse, yippee.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
For those of you going to Brighton away what’s the plan for pre-match drinks? @Utd heap

eldoherz

Does anyone know when we find out which side we're allocated?

Praying for the Green Man as the torch is comparitively awful.

Okey

We’re going for Cat 2 as well, ridiculous as those seats were £65 for the semis.
Yeah I was surprised by this. Didn't expect such high prices. Hope the lads make it money well spent for us.

Ober tan

Anyone getting the train to West Ham on Sunday reckon you’ll make the last one 21:49 back to Manchester after game? Will be cutting it close. If not, anyone going Leeds and willing to split a taxi.

Evans999

Anyone getting the train to West Ham on Sunday reckon you’ll make the last one 21:49 back to Manchester after game? Will be cutting it close. If not, anyone going Leeds and willing to split a taxi.
Not going this time, but it takes a good 55 minutes from exiting the stadium to making it back to Euston on a good day with no delays.

Ober tan

Not going this time, but it takes a good 55 minutes from exiting the stadium to making it back to Euston on a good day with no delays.
Got the fast train from Stratford international to St Pancras last year I think, will just leg it after game and try that

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I am traveling to London for the West Ham v. United game next Sunday for my first away game. What location/bar is the typical meet-up point for United fans in London prior to this game?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for asking this question.
There isn't one for the new West Ham ground really. Not much help I know.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
For those of you going to Brighton away what’s the plan for pre-match drinks? @Utd heap
Utd will be in all the pubs around the station. I'll edit this post with the one I was in last year once my mate reminds me the name of it - was decent in there.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Anyone know if the strike effects all trains nation wide for the cup final or is it just going into/out of London? Hard to find any info on it online