All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

DromiskinRed

Anyone travelling to the derby from Ireland know of any space on a bus or able to offer a lift?

3vra

What is the situation with tickets for Galatasaray ? How many of them were sold for 4+ ?

Raimond

Sorry for such a rookie question but who can I transfer tickets to please? I can't make the Newcastle match because of a wee run of poor health at the minute. I'm a member - can I only transfer it to another member? The resale function on the ticket account isn't available for this one.

Thanks

P0GBA

I've bought my flights, ticket and hotel for Turkey but apparently the foreign office saying not to travel to Turkey so not sure what will happen.

Red00012

The 5% for people on 0 credits is a joke. It’s been going down to 0 credits for most games the last few years . If you really want to get a credit and move up the ladder just go to a game no matter what club it is.

philipos

I've bought my flights, ticket and hotel for Turkey but apparently the foreign office saying not to travel to Turkey so not sure what will happen.
The FO advises against all travel to PARTS OF Turkey - those parts being on the border with Syria and Iraq, nowhere near Istanbul.

Robin

Sorry for such a rookie question but who can I transfer tickets to please? I can't make the Newcastle match because of a wee run of poor health at the minute. I'm a member - can I only transfer it to another member? The resale function on the ticket account isn't available for this one.

Thanks
I’m guessing that once you have bought a ticket as a member you can’t transfer it because from their point of view would be why apply for a ticket and not go. However if it’s someone that you know and trust you can just forward them the QR code from your wallet. Just got to bear in mind if you sell to a dick and he misbehaves it’s in your name and a nice ban will be coming

Raimond

I’m guessing that once you have bought a ticket as a member you can’t transfer it because from their point of view would be why apply for a ticket and not go. However if it’s someone that you know and trust you can just forward them the QR code from your wallet. Just got to bear in mind if you sell to a dick and he misbehaves it’s in your name and a nice ban will be coming
Thanks for replying mate, yes as I say, the quite innocent reason is getting a ticket 2 months ahead then health not going great.

To pass it on do they have to be a member too or can you screenshot it?

Much appreciated cheers

Evans999

The 5% for people on 0 credits is a joke. It’s been going down to 0 credits for most games the last few years . If you really want to get a credit and move up the ladder just go to a game no matter what club it is.
Agree, I think if there is a year without any fixtures going to 0 the following year can go to 5%. If at least two European away fixtures goes to 0 there's no need for the 5% the year after.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
It's so, so dumb but doesn't surprise me at all with this club.

In other news, chubbed for Fulham!

Terri6767

Hi Guys
Two singles available for Newcastle Carabao cup.
N3401/7.
Members only for transfer .
Thanks

Robin

Thanks for replying mate, yes as I say, the quite innocent reason is getting a ticket 2 months ahead then health not going great.

To pass it on do they have to be a member too or can you screenshot it?

Much appreciated cheers
They don’t have to be a member , just someone sensible who isn’t going to run on the pitch and chain themselves to the goalpost, and a screenshot works

hp88

I have got two seats available in W3103 for the following games.

FC København - 24th October
Newcastle United - 1st November

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
the point is those 100-150 people has a great chance to feel what its like to be on that kind of game for the first time ever and then they can just get addicted and start following United on every match in the future after that incredible feeling. for ST holder that would be sth like 600 th game… Also its only around 100 tickets It does not make much difference there is still 95% of the tickets for other people.

The last 3 away matches Betis, Sevilla and Bayern went to zeros and everyone could get a ticket, so that would allow you to get 3 credits easily and then you could get 4 with Copenhagen ticket. I do not know what you are talking about being stuck on 1 credit. If someone is commited to going on away trips he/she could easily get 4/5 credits a season and have an access to every game in Europe.

I bet that Galatasaray’s tickets also will be Easy for everyone to get so your Mum can get her 3 credit before play off stage.

You only thinking from English fan perspective. I bet there is more United fans in Europe outside UK. Why someone who lives in England and have an access to ST should have another advantage to the fan from other countries? You can go to all the matches at OT you are the only ones with the chance to tickets for domestic away games. The cost of most expensive ST and acces to all 19 homegames is around the same as going to only 2-3 Home games for someone from abroad.

This way how It works right now everyone has the same chance to follow United in Europe.
Not sure how to reply, so I'll keep it brief. Tourists should not share parity with ST holders for Domestic and European Away tickets.

benstanway99

Any news on people getting Galatasary tickets? How are they selling at the moment?
Nothing do with Istanbul mate. Nothing bad happening there. It's the eastern border near Iraq and that they advise not to go. Only like 20 hours drive away

cbmufc

Not sure how to reply, so I'll keep it brief. Tourists should not share parity with ST holders for Domestic and European Away tickets.
They don't for domestic games (as we know) and calling everyone on 0 credits a tourist is quite the assumption.

I don't disagree with you, since covid there hasn't been a need to keep any back for zero creditors as most have gone down to zero, but before Covid when tickets often went before 0 - I think it served a purpose. Don't forget United used to dish out credits for failed apps - it wasn't a closed shop but it was hard to get on the ladder - minus going on the long distance ones.

It's literally now the only perk of being a member - forget getting any tickets for home games with it. Do accept it's crap for the 1 or 2 creditors (and those on 3) missing out for Copenhagen. I would have been in that group but decided to swerve. I have 4 mates, 2 of which are going out ticketless as a result as they banked on the larger allocation. The zero credit ballot was a complete mess, so yeah had a better chance than anyone on 2, but 110 tickets or whatever that went in 20 seconds is not a great probability.

3vra

what do you mean by tourists ? Why someone who is ST holder should get an advantage over people from other countries ? Also its only 5% of the tickets for people with zero credits It does not make any difference.
Also the fact that someone will get a chance to get their first credit does not mean that they are not gonna start going to many matches from that point.

All i want to say is that i am not attacking your mother and i hope that you are not going to be angry about that. I just want to use your mother’s 2 credits as an example.

You saying that your mother is ST holder for both Man and Woman teams, also is attending any domestic away game that she can get a ticket for. That is really nice, love that. But why is she going for around 25 Home games (Man team) and half of that away that gives us around 40 domestic matches a season so around 80-100 matches in the same period that current European credits were gained. Yet she was only able to get 2 credits out of 11 in the last 2-3 seasons…

why is that ? Maybe because going abroad to Watch 2 h of football game is much more expensive and you need to take a break from work, book a flight, hotel etc?

Every so called „tourist” need to Pay 1/3 or half of what ST pays for 20-25 games for only one trip. They need to make it 2-3 days trip just for 2 hrs of football.
I think you are being very disrespectfull to a lot of fans that need to go through a lot to be able to Watch their favourite team.

How can you compare fans from England to the ones from abroad ? Let alone think that anyone should have any kind of advantage. So if i attend lets say 12 United matches this year, 7 at Old Trafford and 5 in Europe which for me does not make any difference because i need to to fly and book a hotel each time so that would cost me around 5-6 k pounds to see 12 matches and someone is ST and will Pay 1200-1500 pounds to see 19 League Home games plus 5-7 Cup games But will only fly outside of England 1-2 twice to follow United. Who is more commited ? Where is that line that should show who is better fan?

Seriously i do not get why its so difficult to understand that every United fan should have the same access to matches, and the fact that you live in England and have an Easy access to the stadium and because of that have access to domestic away games is enough advantage over fans from other countries. Why you should have another advantage when It comes to European tickets.

JB7

what do you mean by tourists ? Why someone who is ST holder should get an advantage over people from other countries ? Also its only 5% of the tickets for people with zero credits It does not make any difference.
Also the fact that someone will get a chance to get their first credit does not mean that they are not gonna start going to many matches from that point.

All i want to say is that i am not attacking your mother and i hope that you are not going to be angry about that. I just want to use your mother’s 2 credits as an example.

You saying that your mother is ST holder for both Man and Woman teams, also is attending any domestic away game that she can get a ticket for. That is really nice, love that. But why is she going for around 25 Home games (Man team) and half of that away that gives us around 40 domestic matches a season so around 80-100 matches in the same period that current European credits were gained. Yet she was only able to get 2 credits out of 11 in the last 2-3 seasons…

why is that ? Maybe because going abroad to Watch 2 h of football game is much more expensive and you need to take a break from work, book a flight, hotel etc?

Every so called „tourist” need to Pay 1/3 or half of what ST pays for 20-25 games for only one trip. They need to make it 2-3 days trip just for 2 hrs of football.
I think you are being very disrespectfull to a lot of fans that need to go through a lot to be able to Watch their favourite team.

How can you compare fans from England to the ones from abroad ? Let alone think that anyone should have any kind of advantage. So if i attend lets say 12 United matches this year, 7 at Old Trafford and 5 in Europe which for me does not make any difference because i need to to fly and book a hotel each time so that would cost me around 5-6 k pounds to see 12 matches and someone is ST and will Pay 1200-1500 pounds to see 19 League Home games plus 5-7 Cup games But will only fly outside of England 1-2 twice to follow United. Who is more commited ? Where is that line that should show who is better fan?

Seriously i do not get why its so difficult to understand that every United fan should have the same access to matches, and the fact that you live in England and have an Easy access to the stadium and because of that have access to domestic away games is enough advantage over fans from other countries. Why you should have another advantage when It comes to European tickets.
Yeah I thought your last post was comical but this one is completely insane.

Firstly, you are looking at it all wrong. You keep going on about it being people from England vs people not from England. United have plenty of season ticket holders who live abroad. You can be a season ticket holder or an member while living anywhere in the world. Now, yes, season ticket holders do get advantages over members in that their seat is guaranteed for home games and they can apply for domestic away games (once they have held the ST for 3+ years). But rightly so because they have paid £559-950 (£19x the match time price) for that seat. If they wish to apply for away games after holding that ticket for 3+ years they must also be opted in to cup games too, meaning that as soon as we get drawn at home the ticket office take money for the home cup game. So essentially you must be continually giving the club money in order to apply for away tickets, away tickets which by the way so far this season have seen 11k-12k applications for an average of less than 3k tickets. Why the hell would they open that up to more people when it's already massively oversubscribed?

Second, you seem upset that "every United fan should have the same access to matches". Take out a membership and buy a ticket. It's not difficult, for Brentford there were loads of tickets on the website in the couple of weeks before the game. There are normal prices tickets available for the Luton game next month available right now too. You could live on the moon and once you've got a membership you have the exact same access to tickets as a member living on Railway Road or Salford Quays.

Third, as you have focussed on @VivaObertan's mum - to be clear I don't know VO and don't want to speak out of turn, but using her as an example. If someone has a season ticket with both the mens team and the womens team, and follows both all over the UK, have you considered that 2 european aways may be the limit of their affordability over that period due to how much they are already spending following the teams? Not least the time commitment of following the teams several days every week. Perhaps it might be fair to suggest that is a slightly bigger financial and time commitment than spending a few euros on a TV subscription, turning the tv on at 14:58 and back off to carry on with your day at 16:58. And that is before you take into account the fact that if you haven't booked your flight within the first 5 minutes after any european cup draw, that the flight prices have gone up tenfold. I booked Copenhagen for £38 return as soon as the dates were announced, looked the other day at taking my Mrs and the same flights were £360 (the week later? Flights are still less than £50).

Fourth, United's european away system rewards loyalty. So anyone who had been to 4 or more aways over the past two years was guaranteed a ticket to Copenhagen and Galatasary. So 4+ get a window, then 3+, then 2+ etc. So are you suggesting that loyalty shouldn't rewarded and european aways should be a free for all for literally anyone willing to drop £35 on a membership? The 5% ticket holdback for 0 creditors was a nice idea but the reality is it was completely unnecessary. Every european away over the past two years has gone to zero credits prior to Copenhagen, which sold out on 3 credits. Those 0 creditors could have gone to literally any previous game over the past 2 years but chose not to and were rewarded by the United with 100+ tickets only available to them. Not to those who missed out in the 3+ sale, or those on 2 or 1. And that was wrong, simple as that. The 5% holdback is perhaps a fair idea if we get back to a time where every european away sells out to those already on the ladder, so as to avoid it becoming a closed shop, but until then it should be put back in its box as it was completely unfair.

Fifth, I do actually have experience of being on your side of this too, I just think the entitlement level is off the scale. I watch an MLS team bizarrely, they tend to kick off between 12:30am and 1am every weekend and some midweeks; I travel to watch them a couple of times a year. Why should I be as important to them as their season ticket holders, who are at the games every week and travel around the country watching them? Next year, when they are in the Concacaf Champions Cup, why the hell should I get the same access to away tickets in Mexico, Costa Rica, Caribbean etc as their bread and butter fanbase? By all means I'll want to go to a game or two, but if they sell out to their regulars, who am I to complain?

Pigeon

Afternoon all,

After a very dry spell of securing away tickets via the ballot I have managed to secure 4 at the Cottage with our season tickets :eek:

However I require one more, does anyone have any for sale at all for Fulham away or know the best way of getting one or am I chasing a lost cause?

3vra

Yeah I thought your last post was comical but this one is completely insane.

Firstly, you are looking at it all wrong. You keep going on about it being people from England vs people not from England. United have plenty of season ticket holders who live abroad. You can be a season ticket holder or an member while living anywhere in the world. Now, yes, season ticket holders do get advantages over members in that their seat is guaranteed for home games and they can apply for domestic away games (once they have held the ST for 3+ years). But rightly so because they have paid £559-950 (£19x the match time price) for that seat. If they wish to apply for away games after holding that ticket for 3+ years they must also be opted in to cup games too, meaning that as soon as we get drawn at home the ticket office take money for the home cup game. So essentially you must be continually giving the club money in order to apply for away tickets, away tickets which by the way so far this season have seen 11k-12k applications for an average of less than 3k tickets. Why the hell would they open that up to more people when it's already massively oversubscribed?

Second, you seem upset that "every United fan should have the same access to matches". Take out a membership and buy a ticket. It's not difficult, for Brentford there were loads of tickets on the website in the couple of weeks before the game. There are normal prices tickets available for the Luton game next month available right now too. You could live on the moon and once you've got a membership you have the exact same access to tickets as a member living on Railway Road or Salford Quays.

Third, as you have focussed on @VivaObertan's mum - to be clear I don't know VO and don't want to speak out of turn, but using her as an example. If someone has a season ticket with both the mens team and the womens team, and follows both all over the UK, have you considered that 2 european aways may be the limit of their affordability over that period due to how much they are already spending following the teams? Not least the time commitment of following the teams several days every week. Perhaps it might be fair to suggest that is a slightly bigger financial and time commitment than spending a few euros on a TV subscription, turning the tv on at 14:58 and back off to carry on with your day at 16:58. And that is before you take into account the fact that if you haven't booked your flight within the first 5 minutes after any european cup draw, that the flight prices have gone up tenfold. I booked Copenhagen for £38 return as soon as the dates were announced, looked the other day at taking my Mrs and the same flights were £360 (the week later? Flights are still less than £50).

Fourth, United's european away system rewards loyalty. So anyone who had been to 4 or more aways over the past two years was guaranteed a ticket to Copenhagen and Galatasary. So 4+ get a window, then 3+, then 2+ etc. So are you suggesting that loyalty shouldn't rewarded and european aways should be a free for all for literally anyone willing to drop £35 on a membership? The 5% ticket holdback for 0 creditors was a nice idea but the reality is it was completely unnecessary. Every european away over the past two years has gone to zero credits prior to Copenhagen, which sold out on 3 credits. Those 0 creditors could have gone to literally any previous game over the past 2 years but chose not to and were rewarded by the United with 100+ tickets only available to them. Not to those who missed out in the 3+ sale, or those on 2 or 1. And that was wrong, simple as that. The 5% holdback is perhaps a fair idea if we get back to a time where every european away sells out to those already on the ladder, so as to avoid it becoming a closed shop, but until then it should be put back in its box as it was completely unfair.

Fifth, I do actually have experience of being on your side of this too, I just think the entitlement level is off the scale. I watch an MLS team bizarrely, they tend to kick off between 12:30am and 1am every weekend and some midweeks; I travel to watch them a couple of times a year. Why should I be as important to them as their season ticket holders, who are at the games every week and travel around the country watching them? Next year, when they are in the Concacaf Champions Cup, why the hell should I get the same access to away tickets in Mexico, Costa Rica, Caribbean etc as their bread and butter fanbase? By all means I'll want to go to a game or two, but if they sell out to their regulars, who am I to complain?
I did not say that all the fans should have the same access to domestic away matches, and i know how It works never said that the system is wrong. All i said was that being ST holder gives you a chance to get that away domestic ticket that other fans do not have, so why should they have another advantage in terms of European tickets?

Again you did not get my point… i think the current system on all the matches in every competition works pretty well. I was referring to European matches and why ST holders should not have another advantage over any other fan for those tickets.

i know that the tickets are available to almost every member all the time, just in the last 8 days i have bought tickets for 3 matches in November.

Yeah but if someone is complaining that he only has 2 credits and know how the system works maybe they should try to get to that +4 credits group instead of going to few domestic matches. Saying that someone is better then other „tourist” fan is just silly and because they go to many domestic matches they should not have Easy access to European tickets.

everyone knows how the system works so you should be smart to figure It out and go to as many European matches as you can not only the Easy and cheap ones like Copenhagen… there are Galatasaray tickets available right now, tomorrow they will be available for 2 credits, i bet that there is a lot of people who are complaining that only people with 3+ credits got Copenhagen ticket and that 112 tickets went to people with zero credits but they are not going to apply for 3rd credit in Turkey and in few months they would be still complaining that another 100 ish people get a ticket with zero credits for knock out stage but not them.

Ones again you did not get my point, i think European system works Fine, and you should get awarded for you lotalty i just do not see a problem why that 5% for people without any credits are big problem, this is the first time in more then a year that this was used for that people so only 112 tickets from 20-30k tickets were given to people with zero credits and people are still complaining.

Also i know lot of United fans living in Manchester who are going to a lot of matches at OT but have never been to European away match. You said that every minute the prices are going up for plane and Hotels. People with zero credits need to wait till the end if they get a ticket and then they can start planning a trip. For example betis away, the tickets for zero credits went on sale 8 days before game. So sometimes it is difficult to go to away game with zero credits because few thousand people already have a plane ticket and hotel booked. But that does not mean they are tourists.

i have not been to any United European matches for the past 12 years, Betis was my first one, i got to Pay more then 500 pounds for plane ticket knowing i got match ticket only 8 days before the game. So i was a „tourist” fighting for my first credit, but i loved it so much that i went to buy every European away ticket since, and today i bought Galatasaray ticket so that would give me 5 credits…. Also i bought tickets for 7 matches at OT this year.

Maybe some of those 112 lucky people who got a ticket for Copenhagen will also fall in love with watching United play live and start going to as many matches as they can.

About that Concacaf Cup i get what you are trying to say but i think if there were 100 tickets available to people from all over the world that should not be a problem.

to sum it up, i think the system works Fine, you get a ST you can take part in ballot for away domestic matches for you loyalty and that is fair, the European away credit system also is Fine, so all i said was that we should keep it the way it is, and in terms of European tickets, st holders should not have an advantage over any other fans, so we should keep the current system as it is not change it to make ST holders easier access.

cbmufc

Don't want to conflate issues here and I do agree with most of your points @JB7 but a few things:

1) Taking out a membership and buying a ticket is in fact very difficult. Take it from someone who has had a membership for 15+ years, it's been ridiculous since Covid. They are 100% messing about with number of tickets, they increased the price £5 across all tickets ( a member pays £49 in Tier, ST £39). I have family members who have ST's, I don't rely on my membership for tickets but purely for Euro aways. This Luton drop you mentioned - don't see any email or notification of this and it's disengenous anyway, being stuck in a queue of 200k, with 150k bots for a ticket is a pisstake. This is all United's doing but I push back on any suggestion members have decent access to tickets. Also, let's be fair here - loads of United ST's take the piss as well and we know for Brentford most of those tickets were from ST's who couldn't be arsed - which is fine and we know this is a problem as they put a minimum attendance number in. I'd rather United just gave a decent allocation in the first place rather than making up corporate packages.

2) The 0% holdback before Covid was not unnecessary - now it completely is. As above, United used to dish out tickets for Apps - you had people gaming the system. European Away tickets is about the only thing the club do right, this 5% rule is going to bite for games like Copenhagen or the more attractive knockout games ( I would have been affected if I was going) - no question but do you trust United to pick and choose where it should come into play? They are useless. Also, members know the rules - you could have 10 aways but when it comes to finals - it goes to any ST even if they have never been away. I have zero issue with that, it's the right approach. This 5% rule is going to f*ck over people on 1/2/3 credits - me included but I can't see them changing it.

JB7

Don't want to conflate issues here and I do agree with most of your points @JB7 but a few things:

1) Taking out a membership and buying a ticket is in fact very difficult. Take it from someone who has had a membership for 15+ years, it's been ridiculous since Covid. They are 100% messing about with number of tickets, they increased the price £5 across all tickets ( a member pays £49 in Tier, ST £39). I have family members who have ST's, I don't rely on my membership for tickets but purely for Euro aways. This Luton drop you mentioned - don't see any email or notification of this and it's disengenous anyway, being stuck in a queue of 200k, with 150k bots for a ticket is a pisstake. This is all United's doing but I push back on any suggestion members have decent access to tickets. Also, let's be fair here - loads of United ST's take the piss as well and we know for Brentford most of those tickets were from ST's who couldn't be arsed - which is fine and we know this is a problem as they put a minimum attendance number in. I'd rather United just gave a decent allocation in the first place rather than making up corporate packages.

2) The 0% holdback before Covid was not unnecessary - now it completely is. As above, United used to dish out tickets for Apps - you had people gaming the system. European Away tickets is about the only thing the club do right, this 5% rule is going to bite for games like Copenhagen or the more attractive knockout games ( I would have been affected if I was going) - no question but do you trust United to pick and choose where it should come into play? They are useless. Also, members know the rules - you could have 10 aways but when it comes to finals - it goes to any ST even if they have never been away. I have zero issue with that, it's the right approach. This 5% rule is going to f*ck over people on 1/2/3 credits - me included but I can't see them changing it.
No I think the issue with member tickets is a problem in itself pal I don't disagree, I was just making the point that members anywhere get the same access to the tickets - I'm not saying that is good access! And on Luton maybe it was a fluke, I just loaded up the site and went into a couple of "buy nows" and there were a few Luton for around £50, that said I've just been on again and basketed one for £54. Also I don't like members tickets being more expensive, it's unfair, but I guess United's argument would be that it brings us more in line with most other clubs, where season tickets being cheaper than just buying every game as individual tickets, which didn't used to be the case in fairness.

Also agree with you on the pre Covid style, obviously much worse and the 5% was definitely required at that point, although I guess it would a holdback for people who had unsuccessfully applied to games, rather than being on 0 credits but yeah you're not wrong. I don't generally have an issue with the european away credit system now, until the 5% rule came in this season anyway, but equally yes, would we trust United to get a fair implementation of it? Probably not, so all or nothing probably is the way to go - although I would still argue nothing is fairer on the back on 2 years of aways going to zero.

And @3vra, given that's the number of games you go to you're clearly not the type of "tourist" referred by by VivaObertan that you took offence to, just to set your mind at ease there. I do just want to pick you up on " this is the first time in more then a year that this was used for that people so only 112 tickets from 20-30k tickets were given to people with zero credits" though because it is wrong. Literally every game over the past two seasons, plus Bayern this season, went down to people on zero credits. That is thousands of tickets available to those on zero. That's the issue here, if they were selling out every game to people already on the credits list, people wouldn't have such an issue, but given that zero creditors could easily have gone from zero to 11 credits if they had chosen to, just as anyone else could by the way, then it seems unfair to hold tickets back rather the first game in years that does sell out to people already well up the credit ladder. I've got no issue with members having access to european away tickets, you are clearly a great example of why it is fair that members get access to them, it's the holdback on this specific game that is the problem for me and comes across as really unfair to people on 1,2,3 credits.

cbmufc

@JB7 All fair. And @3vra ST's don't get an advantage on Euro aways, it's not 5% for 0 credit ST's/ its for 0 Credit anyone. And everyone is allowed a moan, you best believe if I miss out on one to zero creditors I'd be annoyed and you would as well - as you should.

On Copenhagen I'd like to see United cut the allocation in return, but they'll never do that.

3vra

@JB7 All fair. And @3vra ST's don't get an advantage on Euro aways, it's not 5% for 0 credit ST's/ its for 0 Credit anyone. And everyone is allowed a moan, you best believe if I miss out on one to zero creditors I'd be annoyed and you would as well - as you should.

On Copenhagen I'd like to see United cut the allocation in return, but they'll never do that.
i know that they dont i was refering to previous user who said ST holders should have an advantage over „tourist” with zero credits.