All-Time NBA Draft

Baneofthegame

I thought he had another player in mind!

RE: Stockton. Perhaps Steph Curry would have fitted better too (greatest shooter ever, amazing off ball point guard, shooting off catch/dribble and he doesn't dominate the ball).
Yeah if I wasn’t so hammered I would of picked Curry, thought he was gone already when I picked. Maybe we can get people in trades haha.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
dream of bench players died with a slow and painful death :(

Himannv

1. Moby - 1) L. James 2) D. Nowitzki 3) G. Payton 4) G. Gervin 5) P. Gasol 6) T. Parker (Henry fan) 7) D. Wilkins
2. Onenil 1) M. Johnson 2) W. Chamberlain 3) E. Baylor 4) S. Moncrief 5) C. Webber 6) J. Terry 7) B. Walton
3. Jim Beam 1) L. Bird 2) B. Russell 3) C. Paul 4) Giannis 5) D. Petrović 6) A. Iguodala 7) L. Williams
4. BIG DUNK 1) K. Bryant 2) D. Rodman 3) S. Pippen 4) M. Ginóbili 5) D. Mutombo 6) C. Billups 7) A. Mourning
5. Himmanv 1) K. Abdul-Jabbar 2) T. Duncan 3) J. Harden 4) C. Drexler 5) S. Marion 6) R. Barry 7) V. Johnson 8) B. Wallace
6. Baneofthegame 1) S. O'Neal 2) O. Robertson 3) A. Davis 4) J. Havlicek 5) J. Worthy 6) B. Pettit. 7) S. Jones 8) Paul George
7. Sjor Bepo 1) H. Olajuwon 2) K. Thompson 3) W. Frazier 4) G. Hill 5) R. Horry 6) T. Kukoc 7) K. McHale 8) B. Jones
8. P-nut 1) V. Carter 2) A. Iverson 3) R. Westbrook 4) C. Barkley 5) D. Howard 6) D. Johnson 7) J. Stockton 8) N. Thurmond

@BIG DUNK

Looks like I'm online after all.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I was picking my bench players from the NBA's Sixth Man of the Year list but I guess I shouldn't have done that :lol:

Baneofthegame

Yeah you destroyed my next two picks when you took Frazier’s and Grant Hill. Also Big Dunk took Billups which was a great pick.

Could we look at block list trades when the draft is complete? If people are against it I’m all good.

BIG DUNK

Tank
With Kobe/Pippen/Billups as my ball handler I need an elite off-guard who offers elite defense and clutch shooting, JOE DUMARS.

Joe Dumars was highly respected by Michael Jordan, whom MJ considered the toughest defender he had ever played against. Dumars was a very consistent and all-round player, able to perform at the two or point guard. The silent assassin, Dumars didn't need to dominate the ball, but demonstrated great influence with his leadership, consistent shooting, teamwork and lockdown defense.

2× NBA champion
1x NBA Finals MVP
6× NBA All-Star
3x All-NBA
5× NBA All-Defensive

@Jim Beam

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Got it to work by adding 4 placeholders and editing the depth charts to only use the 8 players selected.

Ran a game between me and Sjor as a tester, obviously guessed how he would line up in that scenario, and also split the 6 rotation players with 24 mins each.

You can get it to generate a play by play text for the full game as well.

Quite a good tool to be honest

Edit: Link to the game if you are interested...

https://www.whatifsports.com/nba/boxscore.asp?GameID=24205423&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1#.Xtk04hpUp-8.link

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Got it to work by adding 4 placeholders and editing the depth charts to only use the 8 players selected.

Ran a game between me and Sjor as a tester, obviously guessed how he would line up in that scenario, and also split the 6 rotation players with 24 mins each.

That would be awesome to run after the games - I nominate you to set it up for all of us ;)

P-Nut

That would be awesome to run after the games - I nominate you to set it up for all of us ;)
I wouldn't mind running it, but each person can only have 3 dream teams. It would require people inputting their sides (takes 5 minutes) and selecting which season variation they want to use. And then the games could be played between them like a 7 game series.

I ran mine and Sjors 5 times, but forgot to change the home team. Really easy to do

BIG DUNK

Tank
MINUTES:
PG: Billups > Dumars > Ginobili
SG: Bryant > Dumars > Ginobili
SF: Pippen > Bryant > Ginobili
PF: Rodman > Mourning > Pippen
C: Mutombo > Mourning > Rodman

LINEUPS:
BIG: Ginobili / Bryant / Pippen / Mourning / Mutombo
SMALL: Billups / Dumars / Bryant / Pippen / Rodman
DEFENSE: Dumars / Bryant / Pippen / Rodman / Mutombo
OFFENSE: Billups / Ginobili / Bryant / Pippen / Mourning
3PT: Billups / Bryant / Ginobili / Pippen / Mourning

Last edited:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
With Kobe/Pippen/Billups as my ball handler I need an elite off-guard who offers elite defense and clutch shooting, JOE DUMARS.

Joe Dumars was highly respected by Michael Jordan, whom MJ considered the toughest defender he had ever played against. Dumars was a very consistent and all-round player, able to perform at the two or point guard. The silent assassin, Dumars didn't need to dominate the ball, but demonstrated great influence with his leadership, consistent shooting, teamwork and lockdown defense.

2× NBA champion
1x NBA Finals MVP
6× NBA All-Star
3x All-NBA
5× NBA All-Defensive

@Jim Beam
That's it. Ffs

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands

https://www.whatifsports.com/nba/boxscore.asp?GameID=24205423&nomenu=1&teamfee=-1#.Xtk04hpUp-8.link
That’s great. I had a look at the NFL one (part of the same link) and the simulation looks quite detailed (full breakdown of rushing yards, receivers, sacks etc).

Would be good if they did the same for football but unfortunately don’t seem to have done so!

P-Nut

That’s great. I had a look at the NFL one (part of the same link) and the simulation looks quite detailed (full breakdown of rushing yards, receivers, sacks etc).

Would be good if they did the same for football but unfortunately don’t seem to have done so!
Yeah they have just focused on the traditional American sports, but it's a real good system, and with the ease of re-running games you could easily have a series (say 2 legged football ties) to simulate a proper tournament if there was a football one.

Zen

90's rules but.... no xx, xx, xx? Have I missed something in your rules?

Guess this is the the problem, modern day NBA is so away from anything before it's actually kind of frightening. The dominant center is obsolete practically.... yet half your teams have them, half don't. I'm not sure any other sport has been broken so much in terms of comparing eras .. why I rate Curry so highly, he's the big reason for it.

EDIT - sorry your draft ain't even complete. so x'd out some names for now.

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Ron Artest

1. Moby - 1) L. James 2) D. Nowitzki 3) G. Payton 4) G. Gervin 5) P. Gasol 6) T. Parker (Henry fan) 7) D. Wilkins
2. Onenil 1) M. Johnson 2) W. Chamberlain 3) E. Baylor 4) S. Moncrief 5) C. Webber 6) J. Terry 7) B. Walton 8) R. Artest
3. Jim Beam 1) L. Bird 2) B. Russell 3) C. Paul 4) Giannis 5) D. Petrović 6) A. Iguodala 7) L. Williams
4. BIG DUNK 1) K. Bryant 2) D. Rodman 3) S. Pippen 4) M. Ginóbili 5) D. Mutombo 6) C. Billups 7) A. Mourning 8) J. Dumars
5. Himmanv 1) K. Abdul-Jabbar 2) T. Duncan 3) J. Harden 4) C. Drexler 5) S. Marion 6) R. Barry 7) V. Johnson 8) B. Wallace
6. Baneofthegame 1) S. O'Neal 2) O. Robertson 3) A. Davis 4) J. Havlicek 5) J. Worthy 6) B. Pettit. 7) S. Jones 8) Paul George
7. Sjor Bepo 1) H. Olajuwon 2) K. Thompson 3) W. Frazier 4) G. Hill 5) R. Horry 6) T. Kukoc 7) K. McHale 8) B. Jones
8. P-nut 1) V. Carter 2) A. Iverson 3) R. Westbrook 4) C. Barkley 5) D. Howard 6) D. Johnson 7) J. Stockton 8) N. Thurmond

@Moby

Full Squads

Jim Beam

Will take Lamar Odom.

1. Moby - 1) L. James 2) D. Nowitzki 3) G. Payton 4) G. Gervin 5) P. Gasol 6) T. Parker (Henry fan) 7) D. Wilkins 8)P. Maravich
2. Onenil 1) M. Johnson 2) W. Chamberlain 3) E. Baylor 4) S. Moncrief 5) C. Webber 6) J. Terry 7) B. Walton 8) R. Artest
3. Jim Beam 1) L. Bird 2) B. Russell 3) C. Paul 4) Giannis 5) D. Petrović 6) A. Iguodala 7) L. Williams 8) L. Odom
4. BIG DUNK 1) K. Bryant 2) D. Rodman 3) S. Pippen 4) M. Ginóbili 5) D. Mutombo 6) C. Billups 7) A. Mourning 8) J. Dumars

@Šjor Bepo

Yeah, this is brilliant. We can play it as a 7 game series as been said to sort the matches if all agree.

Šjor Bepo

@Invictus can you do the draw please

@P-Nut its great and we should consider implementing that though id gives a huge advantage to the ones that didnt go for bench players so its against the spirit of the draft in some way.

Jim Beam

@P-Nut its great and we should consider implementing that though id gives a huge advantage to the ones that didnt go for bench players so its against the spirit of the draft in some way.
You won that game easily and P-nut didn't put bench players in the team? But ok, we can do the regular thing, I just don't think that the debates are gonna be that interesting. But, let's see.

Šjor Bepo

You won that game easily and P-nut didn't put bench players in the team? But ok, we can do the regular thing, I just don't think that the debates are gonna be that interesting. But, let's see.
also think debates are going to be crap if they even exist but the score should be a bit more fair, will think to combine the two somehow

Jim Beam

also think debates are going to be crap if they even exist but the score should be a bit more fair, will think to combine the two somehow
aye, if anything put this somehow along with games. for example, as a decider in case there is a draw.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
@Jim Beam

Any day that's good for you. I have to start back in the office on Monday so can't be around as much :(

P-Nut

We can just run it afterwards, let's at least see how the discussion goes first. If it is poor then we know for next time to change things up.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Shit, I can't do anything before Monday. :( will let you know tomorrow if it's not a problem.
Just go whenever I'll be a minimal participant either way so unless I bribe my friend that is an NBA nut to post for me, it will be easy for you :cool:

Jim Beam

Just go whenever I'll be a minimal participant either way so unless I bribe my friend that is an NBA nut to post for me, it will be easy for you :cool:
Also won't post much and will try to explain everything in the tactics or intro, but the thing is I don't even have the time to write that atm. :)

Will try to put something together for Monday, Tuesday at latest.

Šjor Bepo

please put your game on schedule post

Sunday
Monday - p-nut vs hman
Tuesday

Šjor Bepo

any sites for a "formation" picture? also add * to 2 players that will play whole game so in a formation picture you have Jordan*, Longley, Kerr* etc.

@Moby when you want to play?