All Time ODI Draft Final - Raees vs Mani

Who will win a 3 match series between the two?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I've gone for Mani. Think it's a better balanced team especially on the batting front. You've got a bunch of top order batsmen with no real finishers towards the end I'm afraid. Kohli and Sanga are wasted there, so would be Miandad if you put him there which is why I think it's not a balanced lineup.
Agreed he has a balanced lineup but my argument would be that when facing bowlers of this quality, you'd want batsmen of higher calibre facing them and i would back Sanga and Kohli to handle top class bowlers like McGrath/Ambrose better than Yuvraj/Symonds against Hadlee/Holding etc.

Varun

Staff
Agreed he has a balanced lineup but my argument would be that when facing bowlers of this quality, you'd want batsmen of higher calibre facing them and i would back Sanga and Kohli to handle top class bowlers like McGrath/Ambrose better than Yuvraj/Symonds against Hadlee/Holding etc.
Naah, I don't see these games as low/mid scoring encounters on 2 of the 3 pitches. Yuvi and Symonds won't need to bat 30 overs either, they'll be required to finish off an innings and they excel at that. There's not really a gulf in bowling quality either.

Mani

I forgot to point out this,you are not utilising your bowlers properly here, Holding is fine with end overs but why Hadlee ? IMO it should be Donald and Holding, much suited for end overs with yorkers on containing my hard hitting batsmen,Hadlee is more of swing bowler who rely more on his swing/line and length,have you ever seen the ball shining in the last 10 overs? No.It would be easy for batsmen to see those length deliveries. You are bowling to my strength there.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@Raees

The problem you have got here is your team being from a different era of OD cricket, it's hard for you to convince me that your players can outscore players of the ilk of Hayden, De Villiers, Yuvraj Singh and Symonds. Not to mention that Viv Richards was a prodigious six hitter himself

That's the challenge I have with your team, in Sangakarra and Sachin you have the two greatest accumulators of runs in the OD game

I know from a brief look at the SRs you can't compare, and that is as the game has changed, I just can't discount that from my consideration
Think that's being unfair on guys like Greenidge and Jones they were pioneers of the one day game, thier s/r of their time were very good, if you put them in today's game their s/r would be up there with the very best imo. Put Greenidge in Hayden's era and i have no doubt he would out perform him.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I've gone for Mani. Think it's a better balanced team especially on the batting front. You've got a bunch of top order batsmen with no real finishers towards the end I'm afraid. Kohli and Sanga are wasted there, so would be Miandad if you put him there which is why I think it's not a balanced lineup.

I don't mind Kohli in that position, he would make one hell of a finisher. Averages 53 in T20i's! Coming in with 15-20 overs to go in a game esp when chasing would be right up his alley.

Mani

I don't mind Kohli in that position, he would make one hell of a finisher. Averages 53 in T20i's! Coming in with 15-20 overs to go in a game esp when chasing would be right up his alley.
He said team is unbalanced.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He said team is unbalanced.
I got that. Was responding to the point that Kohli would be wasted down the order.

Mani

I got that. Was responding to the point that Kohli would be wasted down the order.
Best position for Kohli in ODI is at one down that's where he had scored most of his centuries and averages better, coming down he wouldn't be as effective as he is.Right now for Raees it more of an make swift work but wouldn't be as effective as other LMO batsmen.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Kohli's got to play at 3 or 4. Wasted at 6. Even in 2011 WC, when he was a novice of sorts, he came in at 4 only.

Raaes' bowling attack is slightly stronger but Mani's batting line up makes more sense for an ODI

Mani

Well played @Raees it will be always difficult to play against Sachin,and you got the best opening duo in the draft and its unfortunate that middle order didn't click,tough luck mate and good game.

Last edited:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Well done @Mani you drafted a really explosive M/L order. Congratulations.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
@Mani congrats pal, once it went sheep draft.. found it hard to get in an explosive wicket keeper batsman.. wanted Dhoni. Think that fecked me over, probably should have stuck with Haddin and gone Bevan or something.

Your side was more balanced mate, so well deserved.

Mani

Well done @Mani you drafted a really explosive M/L order. Congratulations.
@Mani congrats pal, once it went sheep draft.. found it hard to get in an explosive wicket keeper batsman.. wanted Dhoni. Think that fecked me over, probably should have stuck with Haddin and gone Bevan or something.

Your side was more balanced mate, so well deserved.
Thanks guys

@Raees first round I predicted that you would go for Dhoni but second round was unpredictable.
@prath92 That was well organised draft.

Mani

Yeah. In the sheep test draft he lost 4 games in a row. :lol:

Imagine the amount of games he would have won if he had top bowling attacks in his team like these.
Yeah that was unbelievable,whoever drafted him loose the next one,I would say manager whoever picked him in that draft undersold him.Certain players sell on their own but still it's duty of manager to remind voters about players achievements etc.