All Time Premier League Fantasy Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Only other viable option was terry and we wouldnt have won with him. This gives us a small chance at victory.
Yeah, goes all the way back to when we discussed not being able to take Beckham, Rio, Vidic or Stam... I can see why it would be underwhelming to upgrade with full kit wanker. At least you won't be told your frontline is miles behind, but the defences will still be a disparity and Silva in the hole will cause you all sorts of trouble.

You may even force them into getting a defender instead of the obvious upgrade.

MJJ

Yeah, goes all the way back to when we discussed not being able to take Beckham, Rio, Vidic or Stam... I can see why it would be underwhelming to upgrade with full kit wanker. At least you won't be told your frontline is miles behind, but the defences will still be a disparity and Silva in the hole will cause you all sorts of trouble.

You may even force them into getting a defender instead of the obvious upgrade.
I had this draft as team skizzos since they got henry, dont think any other team comes close to them then and they have eliminated the weak midfield issue as well now.

Annahnomoss

Only other viable option was terry and we wouldnt have won with him. This gives us a small chance at victory.
Thought you guys could have done with Keane-Vieira just to keep him from obtaining the final piece of the puzzle. He couldn't pick up Ashley Cole/Makelele due to the restrictions and he's already set up front. Couldn't pick up Gerrard/Lampard either as he's playing a 4-4-2.

antohan

I had this draft as team skizzos since they got henry, dont think any other team comes close to them then and they have eliminated the weak midfield issue as well now.
They basically got Henry, best PL player ever IMO, more so than the usual favourite CR7, who they also have. They got the best forward since Ronaldo and arguably the best (certainly the most versatile amongst them) creative attacking midfielder in the PL.

It wasn't just the first pick being Shearer, it took several people having brainfarts throughout.

antohan

Thought you guys could have done with Keane-Vieira just to keep him from obtaining the final piece of the puzzle. He couldn't pick up Ashley Cole/Makelele due to the restrictions and he's already set up front. Couldn't pick up Gerrard/Lampard either as he's playing a 4-4-2.
They are obviously switching back to 4-3-3 now, no point bypassing a midfield if you have strength in numbers. Both Scholes and Keane are better than Alonso and Vieira, but that's as close as you can get with alternatives, and Silva int he hole tips it over easily.

MJJ

His current side would beat us without any reinforcements, same formula as diarm/gio game. Bypass the mid and score on the counter. No point in tactical picks.
Stop it, you. There's no room for nice comments until we exorcise the demons of Alf Sherwood.
:lol: Am hoping the spirit of sherwood rides once again for the final.

They basically got Henry, best PL player ever IMO, more so than the usual favourite CR7, who they also have. They got the best forward since Ronaldo and arguably the best (certainly the most versatile amongst them) creative attacking midfielder in the PL.

It wasn't just the first pick being Shearer, it took several people having brainfarts throughout.
And the annoying bit is it so easily could have been me and crappy. Our pick is one away from them and we constantly had to see them getting the best pick of the round right before our eyes.

Skizzo

His current side would beat us without any reinforcements, same formula as diarm/gio game. Bypass the mid and score on the counter. No point in tactical picks.
Saving this as our write up :p

:lol: Am hoping the spirit of sherwood rides once again for the final.
still too soon to joke about this

And the annoying bit is it so easily could have been me and crappy. Our pick is one away from them and we constantly had to see them getting the best pick of the round right before our eyes.
See the Sherwood comments for my lack of sympathy right now :D

antohan

:lol: I sense a lot of pent up frustration.

Moby

Dick
Shearer was the obvious pick imo as well, didn't do much in the semi for Gio though but we go again.

Vieira-Alonso-Silva vs Keane-Scholes-Bergkamp. Mmmm.. interesting match up.

Skizzo

If it wasnt for crappy, my writeup would have been

How do we win?

We dont.

:D
Should be able to have some good discussions at least :) It's not like you have a horrible team. Like @Aldo pointed out above, that middle 3 is still mighty fine, and Shearer ahead is a hell of a prospect.

When's good for you two?

Skizzo

Shearer was the obvious pick imo as well, didn't do much in the semi for Gio though but we go again.

Vieira-Alonso-Silva vs Keane-Scholes-Bergkamp. Mmmm.. interesting match up.
Poor Shearer. Getting all the love in reinforcement/picking rounds, but no wins (which will hopefully continue :D )

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Should be able to have some good discussions at least :) It's not like you have a horrible team. Like @Aldo pointed out above, that middle 3 is still mighty fine, and Shearer ahead is a hell of a prospect.

When's good for you two?
Monday.

I see @MJJ has had a bit of a meltdown here. Skizzo has hogged all the best players but they don't work together necessarily, definitely not all will get to play their peak role.

We ll talk about in more detail in the match thread

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
interesting, but don't think it would be close.
Aye, no doubt in terms of that match up - not necessarily reflective of the game as a whole though.

The game overall is definitely up in the air but in terms of those particular match ups then it's obviously not close - Keane > Vieira, Scholes > Alonso, Bergkamp > Silva.

antohan

Agree each is individually better, but I regard one as a midfield trio while the other isn't one.

In any case, the clubs hint at what happens elsewhere: one team blows both United spots while the other uses Liverpool and City.

It's a bit mental that only three United players will feature in a PL draft final.

Skizzo

Agree each is individually better, but I regard one as a midfield trio while the other isn't one.

In any case, the clubs hint at what happens elsewhere: one team blows both United spots while the other uses Liverpool and City.

It's a bit mental that only three United players will feature in a PL draft final.
That's the bit I was a bit confused by with the comparison, since you'd want Bergkamp off the striker and not in a midfield battle. I'd be quite happy if he's coming that deep and getting involved in all that.

As for the United part, I was thinking about that earlier. You could realistically have a United player in every position that wouldn't necessarily look out of place in a final...and yet here we are. Some underwhelming players making a finals appearance.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
now when everything is finished i have to say it, im very surprised that a certain player didnt get any attention at all... @Kazi picked him but i dont remember if he played him and nobody else had a look at him afterwards. In a draft where plenty of players have a short peak i thought Aaron Ramsey deserved more, he has only one season but what a season that is! Not many players played at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.