All Time Premier League Fantasy Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skizzo

The All Time Premier League Fantasy Draft:

Theme: 16 managers fight for title in a snake draft.

Player Pool:
P1 - All players who have played a minimum of one season in the English Premier League. This will be from 1992/93 season -Current. Previous incarnations do not count (eg: The old League 1, etc.)
P2. Only the players performances while playing in the Premier League will be counted. Performances in cup competitions do not count. (So no FA Cup, Capital One Cup etc)

Restriction:
You can draft no more than 2 players per Premier League team.
A manager does NOT need to specify which team the player is "tied" to, until the end of drafting. So if someone selects a player who played for Everton and Liverpool, he can decide at the end of drafting which team he wants to "tie" them to.
A manager can change which team the player is "tied" to before each match. This gives the manager flexibility going forward during reinforcements.
The performances of the player will only be taken into consideration from the team he was "tied" to.

For example, Pele played for Chelsea and West Brom. He was decent for West Brom, but great for Chelsea. You pick 2 other players who ONLY played for Chelsea, so you take the Pele from West Brom. His form for Chelsea is irrelevant.
After the match, you win and pick up a player from Arsenal to replace one of the Chelsea players. You can now use Pele as the Chelsea player.

General Draft Rules:
G1 - All matches will be for 24 hrs
G2 -You have 8 hours to post your draft pick and update the list. If you do not do so, the draft proceeds to the next manager in line and it is up to you to post your draft pick at your earliest convenience.
G3 -Once you have posted your draft pick you can't change it and you have to PM the manager next in line to inform him/her that it is his/her turn. There are NO exceptions to this rule, please honour it, even if you feck up.
G4 - Managers may delegate an Assistant Manager to assist them, as long as it doesn't cause continuous waiting while "discussing" picks. If delays continue, you'll be stripped of your AM. AM's can post the pick for the manager, and that pick will also be final. So be sure before posting.
G5 - rule amended - only non-eligible votes are in your own matches
G6 - Initial drafting will be for 12 players.
G7 - When posting your draft pick, please post a picture of the player. You can also briefly explain why you picked this player. This will help keep discussions going as well as outside interest.

Drafting sequence:
In the order the teams have been randomly drawn, down from 1st to 16th, then back up to the 1st and down again and so on.

Reinforcement Rules:
R1 - First reinforcement round will start from the bottom, second will start from the top, etc.
R2 - Maximum of 2 reinforcements per round.
R3 - 1 reinforcement between Semi Final and Final.

Playing Managers
1. Šjor Bepo
2. berbasloth4
3. MJJ
4. Marty1968
5. VivaJanuzaj
6. Skizzo
7. Stobzilla
8. Tuppet
9. Kazi
10. green_smiley
11. Cal?
12. The Stain
13. diarm
14. bleezy
15. Cutch
16. Gio

Manager Reserve List:
1. DannyMC1309
2. Eliott (newbie)
3. Isotope
4. CrappyCraperson
5. CoolRedWine
6. DanNistelrooy

Tactics/Match Schedule:
Once the draw for each round has been made, managers must submit their tactics within 3 days. If managers can not agree on a day within the schedule, I'll delegate a match time myself within that time frame, and they will have to participate when they can. I will be trying to keep this running as quickly and smoothly as possible.

Clarifications:
C1 - Voting is based on career peak, not current form.
C2 - Reinforcement pool will be all eliminated teams. Not round specific.

Please make sure you fully read and understand everything in the OP before continuing. Have questions? ASK! No leniency will be granted once we start due to ignorance of the rules.

Drafting Order

1. Marty1968
  2. Skizzo
  3. Cal?
  4. MJJ
  5. Cutch
  6. The Stain
  7. berbasloth4
  8. Kazi
  9. Tuppet
  10. coolredwine
  11. diarm
  12. Gio
  13. VivaJanuzaj
  14. Stobzilla
  15. Bleezy
  16. Sjor Bepo
First Round Match ups
Match 1 : diarm vs VivaJanuzaj
Match 2 : Kazi vs MJJ/Crappy
Match 3 : The Stain vs coolredwine
Match 4 : Cal? vs Stobzilla
Match 5 : berbasloth4 vs Cutch
Match 6 : bleezy vs Marty1968
Match 7 : Skizzo/Pat vs Tuppet
Match 8 : Gio vs Sjor Bepo

Last edited:

berbasloth4

Im in... players judged on their career peaks in premiership or ever?? Sorry to mention but forlan shit for us but beast after he left.. its just his united career he is judged on??

Skizzo

All manager spots filled.

If anyone wants to be a reserve then let me know.

If anyone wants to be an AM, or is looking or an AM, then ask away.

All except Gio and Theon. That's not allowed

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Im in... players judged on their career peaks in premiership or ever?? Sorry to mention but forlan shit for us but beast after he left.. its just his united career he is judged on??
Has to be PL performances, surely.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
so its a normal snake draft without any restrictions/criterias?

diarm

I'm in. Just to clarify - there are no criteria other than a full season in the Premier League?

Manager Confirmation list

Skizzo

Once you've read the OP, add your name to the list so I know you have confirmed your spot. After your name, just put Yes or No, signifying whether you would like an added restriction or not.

Manager Confirmation list:

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman

1. The Stain - Yes

diarm

1. The Stain - Yes
2. Berbasloth - yes
3. diarm - Yes

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@Skizzo

I think adding the rule that you need to submit tactics within three days of the draw and games to be played within a week of the draw. Otherwise you just throw both sides and tactics together and see what happens- not tactics= forfeit.

Also have you thought about adding a scoring system? So options like 2-1, 3-2 etc. It would mix it up a bit. You could use the greatest number of wins in the first instance and goal average in the case of a tie. I'd prefer though goal average to begin then use standard rounding to give an overall mock score. If it's a draw then penalties.

Skizzo

@Skizzo

I think adding the rule that you need to submit tactics within three days of the draw and games to be played within a week of the draw. Otherwise you just throw both sides and tactics together and see what happens- not tactics= forfeit.

Also have you thought about adding a scoring system? So options like 2-1, 3-2 etc. It would mix it up a bit. You could use the greatest number of wins in the first instance and goal average in the case of a tie. I'd prefer though goal average to begin then use standard rounding to give an overall mock score. If it's a draw then penalties.
Ah yeah, I was gonna make note of the tactics submitted within 3 days. Thanks for reminding me!

Not sure about the scoring system, I think it still needs ironing out somewhat, and I don't want to be the one to try it on the fly :lol: There's definitely some potential there though I think. Bigsoccer forums uses that style I believe, but they don't have as many voters as we do. Not sure if it will be overwhelming for any scan voters who come in and see 10 different voting options. Plus it could skew it even more if someone just throws a vote on a 5-0 or something without much thought of how it effects the overall scoring.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Ah yeah, I was gonna make note of the tactics submitted within 3 days. Thanks for reminding me!

Not sure about the scoring system, I think it still needs ironing out somewhat, and I don't want to be the one to try it on the fly :lol: There's definitely some potential there though I think. Bigsoccer forums uses that style I believe, but they don't have as many voters as we do. Not sure if it will be overwhelming for any scan voters who come in and see 10 different voting options. Plus it could skew it even more if someone just throws a vote on a 5-0 or something without much thought of how it effects the overall scoring.
The Max score for one side should be capped at 3 although it does give you 13 options (if you leave draw just as a draw as 1-1, 2-2 makes no difference)- it's a lot but it could work. The safest way to trial it would be to use goal average as a decider if the number of wins is equal.

bleezy

1. The Stain - Yes
2. Berbasloth - yes
3. diarm - Yes
4. MJJ - Either
5. Cutch - Nah
6. bleezy - Yes

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

1. The Stain - Yes
2. Berbasloth - yes
3. diarm - Yes
4. MJJ - Either
5. Cutch - Nah
6. bleezy - Yes

7. Gio - Nah, depends what it is though.

Šjor Bepo

1. The Stain - Yes
2. Berbasloth - yes
3. diarm - Yes
4. MJJ - Either
5. Cutch - Nah
6. bleezy - Yes

8. Sjor - either

Skizzo

The Max score for one side should be capped at 3 although it does give you 13 options (if you leave draw just as a draw as 1-1, 2-2 makes no difference)- it's a lot but it could work. The safest way to trial it would be to use goal average as a decider if the number of wins is equal.
I'll sleep on it and see if I'm feeling adventurous.

@Gio It will probably be a limit on number of players from the same team.

NM

Would like to be an AM. Too busy to be M :(

Tuppet

1. The Stain - Yes
2. Berbasloth - yes
3. diarm - Yes
4. MJJ - Either
5. Cutch - Nah
6. bleezy - Yes

8. Sjor - either

9. Tuppet - either

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
I will fail miserably in this, but yeah count me in

Suggestion:
1) Max 2 players from same team
2) Manager needs to indicate which club when choosing a player (some players have played for 2 PL clubs or more in their career), and performance will be judged based on the chosen club

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!

1. The Stain - Yes
2. berbasloth4 - Yes
3. diarm - Yes
4. MJJ - Either
5. Cutch - Nah
6. bleezy - Yes
8. Sjor Bepo - Either
9. Tuppet - Either
10. green_smiley - Yes

Šjor Bepo

Suggestion:
2) Manager needs to indicate which club at the end of the draft (some players have played for 2 PL clubs or more in their career), and performance will be judged based on the chosen club
fixed :)
think this is better so we can sit between two stools during the draft :)

Skizzo

Suggestion:
2) Manager needs to indicate which club when choosing a player (some players have played for 2 PL clubs or more in their career), and performance will be judged based on the chosen club
Yeah that's how it would be. Club would need to be specified so you know which "version" of the player you get. Obviously scan voters might not take that into consideration...But we'll do the best we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.