All Time Reserves Draft | Quarters

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
great work @harms for the gifs to present (what I presume is one of your all time favorite players) Streltsov
He was actually just an interesting story for me before this draft - I read some articles, saw a few documentaries (most of them are focused on the arrest, sadly), but I can't say that he was my all-time favorite. But when I dug deeper for this draft, while I watched probably every bit of footage of him that is available on the internet I really fell in love with him. Especially with his backheel passes :drool:

I really hope that he will become a draft regular after this, he deserves it.

Enigma_87

You know who
He was actually just an interesting story for me before this draft - I read some articles, saw a few documentaries (most of them are focused on the arrest, sadly), but I can't say that he was my all-time favorite. But when I dug deeper for this draft, while I watched probably every bit of footage of him that is available on the internet I really fell in love with him. Especially with his backheel passes :drool:

I really hope that he will become a draft regular after this, he deserves it.
Ahh, I thought you followed him from before. Looks quality from those stories and gifs, very nonchalant style and doing things with ease. You're lucky to have so many footage of him, I tried to find a lot on Chajkovski but there's really a little amount from those days and short highlights. Even some of the goals he scored on international level are cut :(

My main idea for this draft is to show him and Stojkovic (again) who IMO is one of the best and complete midfielders in the game, but often forgotten about due to the later part of his career and not getting enough limelight during his Red star days.

harms

Staff
You're lucky to have so many footage of him,
It's literally just one full game, one extended highlights and then seconds of archive footage from documentaries and poorly documented goals, that are often cut at the most interesting moment :D

Enigma_87

You know who
It's literally just one full game, one extended highlights and then seconds of archive footage from documentaries and poorly documented goals, that are often cut at the most interesting moment :D
yeah that's exactly what I meant, you see the ball hitting the net kicked by your guy but he's not even on the screen, whilst the camera is dead straight on the keeper from exactly the opposite angle.:houllier:

harms

Staff
yeah that's exactly what I meant, you see the ball hitting the net kicked by your guy but he's not even on the screen, whilst the camera is dead straight on the keeper from exactly the opposite angle.:houllier:
The one I regretted the most was the goal in USSR Cup final in 1968, where Streltsov made an assist with a (!) backheel (!!) nutmeg - and all that is seen on the video is the ball already moving from Streltsov (we can see that he's turned away though, so it certainly was a backheel pass) towards the other striker, going between the legs of defender. It should be an amazing and unique moment, but they fecked up the footage and the most magical moment - his actual touch - is missing :(

Moby

Dick
1. BBRBB vs Stobzilla & KM - ????
2. Aldo Staine vs Edgar Allan Pillow - Tuesday 19th - Aldo Stain won
3. Sjor Bepo & Invictus vs Physiocrat - Thursday 21th - ongoing
4. harms & Annahnomoss vs Enigma_87 - Wednesday 20th - Enigma won
5. green_smiley vs mazhar13 & Marty1968 - ????
6. Isotope vs Chesterlestreet - ????
7. Downcast vs Tuppet - Wednesday 20th - Tuppet won
8. RedTiger vs Skizzo & Pat_Mustard - Tuesday 19th - ????
What's the schedule for the remaining games?

Skizzo

5. green_smiley vs mazhar13 & Marty1968 - ????
@Pat_Mustard and I are good whenever @RedTiger is available. I think I sent you our stuff?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Hey @Stobzilla @KM still alive?

Do you want to play it on saturday? Or we will have to schedule it next week.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
@Aldo I suggested Saturday or Sunday to @Isotope.

In truth, I'd prefer to postpone it even further, since I'm very busy at the moment. But I completely understand if this is no good (I see that you initially wanted the first round completed within the week after the drafting ended). I can throw together something very basic and PM it to you - so that you can the start a match this weekend, but I can't say anything about how much time I'll be able to devote to the discussions.

green_smiley

:lol:
Supports
#Justice4Wang!
5. green_smiley vs mazhar13 & Marty1968 - Monday 25th

Skizzo

Will be sending the write-up to Aldo in a few mins. If Skizz/Pat are fine with it, we can start the match now itself.
I'm here.
I won't be around for a few hours, but I'll be on later. @Pat_Mustard might be on before I am. Throw it up whenever though :) don't want to keep it dragging much longer.

Are you gonna be taking the team @Joga Bonito? Just so we know who we are supposed to viciously attack in the thread :p

Moby

Dick
I won't be around for a few hours, but I'll be on later. @Pat_Mustard might be on before I am. Throw it up whenever though :) don't want to keep it dragging much longer.

Are you gonna be taking the team @Joga Bonito? Just so we know who we are supposed to viciously attack in the thread :p
Now? Confirm to me and I will start when you prefer. I'll be on for a couple of more hours I believe.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Nope, RedTiger is still the manager and I'm just the consultant/AM. Am fairly busy but will try my best to contribute as much as I can though.

Moby

Dick
@mazhar13 & @Marty1968 reminding your guys formally your game starts Monday morning. Please send your stuff in time. Thanks.

@Isotope @Stobzilla you two have a deadline of Tomorrow (Sunday) Midnight GMT to settle on a date with your opponents. It has dragged on enough and if you don't let me know of the situation by then I might have to give your opponent a bye.

I know we are all busy and are taking time out for this but some cooperation is needed here. Please.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
@mazhar13 & @Marty1968 reminding your guys formally your game starts Monday morning. Please send your stuff in time. Thanks.

@Isotope @Stobzilla you two have a deadline of Tomorrow (Sunday) Midnight GMT to settle on a date with your opponents. It has dragged on enough and if you don't let me know of the situation by then I might have to give your opponent a bye.

I know we are all busy and are taking time out for this but some cooperation is needed here. Please.
I'm going through an emotional turbulence now, and can't think straight. Please forgive my total lack of respond, fellow drafters.

@Chesterlestreet has a great team, and I think his is better than mine. Please let his continue to Round 16, if you are ok with that Aldo.

RedTiger

Half mast
I'm going through an emotional turbulence now, and can't think straight. Please forgive my total lack of respond, fellow drafters.

@Chesterlestreet has a great team, and I think his is better than mine. Please let his continue to Round 16, if you are ok with that Aldo.
Mate, hope everything is OK for you bro, I understand how real life tends to get in the way.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Thank you for the condolence, folks. You're all like friends i've never met. ;)

Have to be honest, the caf is a great place to visit when i'm feeling down.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Hope everything is all right over there.

3. Sjor Bepo & Invictus vs Physiocrat - Thursday 21th - Sjor/Invictus won
5. green_smiley vs mazhar13 & Marty1968 - Monday 25th -
6. Isotope vs Chesterlestreet - W/O - Chester won (unless Iso can make it or someone else takes over his team)
8. RedTiger vs Skizzo & Pat_Mustard - Saturday 23rd - RedTiger won

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Yo, have been on and off here but had some shit to deal with, I will tentatively say Wednesday is when I can be ready by, if that isn't good enough then by all means let @KM take control or @BBRBB through.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yo, have been on and off here but had some shit to deal with, I will tentatively say Wednesday is when I can be ready by, if that isn't good enough then by all means let @KM take control or @BBRBB through.
Wednesday is good for me.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
@Stobzilla
We can start the game this evening?
I will send my writeup when I get back from work.

Moby

Dick
I agree Chester gets the win.

But just for academic purposes, I can do a quick write up for Iso's team and we can run a mock match if Chester is OK with it. Hate to see a team not make an appearance at all. Results immaterial.
It won't be the only one. Stobzilla has informed me that he is too busy for the match as well, so that will be another game called off.

This has dragged long enough so let's get straight to the next round. FYI @BBRBB you are through, as is @Chesterlestreet .