Altay Bayındır | 2023/24 Performances

lex talionis

Debut performance with questions still to be answered, but I like the cut of his jib. Criminal if ETH shuns him for Onana.

Ace

The job should be his. Looks so much more confident and I imagine the defense would prefer someone with his composure behind them.

hobbers

Looked a bit shaky with the ball but his handling is lightyears ahead of Onana, but then that goes for almost every keeper.

Dan_F

Feck I thought he was very good with his feet. A few passes looked a bit risky but if it was Ederson or Allison doing it we'd trust they knew what they were doing. It's how I want us to play trusting players technical ability to get out of tight spots. If it was McTominay or Maguire rather than Martinez or Shaw I wouldn't be encouraging playing out to
He went very close twice to losing the ball. Martinez was screaming at him for one of them. It’s great to have a keeper who is confident at playing the ball out, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to cut it that fine against a league two press.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
He went very close twice to losing the ball. Martinez was screaming at him for one of them. It’s great to have a keeper who is confident at playing the ball out, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to cut it that fine against a league two press.
It was a bit unnerving given it was the first time most of us had ever seen him and so he hasn't had any time to build up any trust. However I didn't think it was really any different to how most of the top keepers play out

Dan_F

It was a bit unnerving given it was the first time most of us had ever seen him and so he hasn't had any time to build up any trust. However I didn't think it was really any different to how most of the top keepers play out
Onana is a top keeper at playing out and he’s rarely under that much pressure against much better presses. It’s too small of a sample size to make any judgements regardless.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Onana is a top keeper at playing out and he’s rarely under that much pressure against much better presses. It’s too small of a sample size to make any judgements regardless.
It would be great if he was a top keeper at being a keeper

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
No I agree it's too small of a sample size and I need to see more. But I was quite impressed with his coolness on the ball and would give him the benefit of the doubt that he knew what he was doing on the occasions it looked a tad risky/close to losing it

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You wonder how many of those routine catches Onana would have needlessly punched....

But yeah, fine enough debut - couldn't do anything about either goals and made a pretty good save right at the end.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You wonder how many of those routine catches Onana would have needlessly punched....

But yeah, fine enough debut - couldn't do anything about either goals and made a pretty good save right at the end.
Agreed. I like to see my goalie actually catch the ball and look like he knows what he's doing in goal.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I mean we were playing against League Two opposition...
So what?
It's not the opposition, it's the way the rest of the team percieves their safe or mad goalkeeper during the matches.

Oranges038

Decent showing. I like the quick release throws, although he did give a few of them away.

Shag all he could have done for either goal, not a game where you can read too much into his performance, did what he had to do competently and that's what should be expected.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Decent showing. I like the quick release throws, although he did give a few of them away.

Shag all he could have done for either goal, not a game where you can read too much into his performance, did what he had to do competently and that's what should be expected.
Yeah, he played well. Would have been nice to see him come out and catch a few corners or high balls into the box. If he’d done that it would have made a fairly strong case for him to take Onana’s place in the team.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah, he played well. Would have been nice to see him come out and catch a few corners or high balls into the box. If he’d done that it would have made a fairly strong case for him to take Onana’s place in the team.
This is never going to happen during our remaining existance of watching United. We should just embrace it now.

Bondi77

I would like to see him being our Cup keeper this season but don't rate his chances.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He was decent, making his performance our best of the season.

I hope he gets a couple of games so we can really see his level.

Oranges038

You ask too much.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Fine debut, nothing special. Given our current bar with Onana it probably looked better than it was.

Think he would have saved the first one had it not been for the deflection too. He did well to get across that quickly.

RuudTom83

I would like to see him being our Cup keeper this season but don't rate his chances.
Yeah he should of been starting in the Carabao Cup games as well, smacks of short-sightedness to play Onana constantly.

Not that I would make any judgments on Bayindir from one appearance, but he was more than adequate and should be given another game.

SATA

As usual, the Caf wanting him to start until he makes his first error and deciding we should bin our two goalkeepers

Shinjch

Didn't like the look of him I'm afraid, wouldn't be in a huge rush to see him again either.

erikcred

As usual, the Caf wanting him to start until he makes his first error and deciding we should bin our two goalkeepers
We've already been using 2 goalies based on the competition - Europe-Onana and Domestic-Onana. One's been terrible and the other's been just about acceptable.

Green55

Fine debut, nothing special. Given our current bar with Onana it probably looked better than it was.

Think he would have saved the first one had it not been for the deflection too. He did well to get across that quickly.
I agree, I think he'd have saved it but for the deflection - even then he was very close to keeping it out.
Can't help feeling that ETH will use Onana all the time though as he'll be reluctant to show that it was a poor transfer. A bit like Antony, he will always play him in the hope that he shows his worth

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I don't think he would've saved the shot even without the deflection, I don't think many Goalkeepers would tbf.
The effort came completely out of the blue and there was a ridiculous amount of venom on the shot.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I don't think he would've saved the shot even without the deflection, I don't think many Goalkeepers would tbf.
The effort came completely out of the blue and there was a ridiculous amount of venom on the shot.
Certainly wouldn't have been any expectation on him saving it, I was still impressed with how quickly he got over/reacted. Think there was a chance he'd have got there.

Stig

There are a lot of debates on if DDG or Onana would or should have saved this or that shot. With technology why isn't there a program that says, the shot came in from x yards away, clear sight for the goalkeeper, it travelled at x miles per hour and was x distance from the keeper and x height; goalkeepers in the Premier League save this shot x % of time?

Oranges038

There are a lot of debates on if DDG or Onana would or should have saved this or that shot. With technology why isn't there a program that says, the shot came in from x yards away, clear sight for the goalkeeper, it travelled at x miles per hour and was x distance from the keeper and x height; goalkeepers in the Premier League save this shot x % of time?
Fairly sure that's what psxg / xgot is used for.

Cantonalegod

I think if you look at it from the best angle the shot is actually going just wide of the post before the deflection.