Altay Bayındır | 2023/24 Performances

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He was fine. Hard to judge his ability based on a match against Newport, but can't complain about the performance.

Dve

Give the guy a run of games, for gods sake. Looks already more composed that Onana. No soap on his glows.

Nickosaur

Thought he did okay in his first and potentially last game for the club.

Litch

Cant make a judgement on the performance and normal position will be resumed at the next match...

mintyred

That's my point, though. No one will crucify him because none of the goals were his fault. Onana get's criticism because of his consistent bad form and mistakes.
Onana gets crucified every time we concede a goal whether it’s preventable or not is what he’s saying and it’s true.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's my point, though. No one will crucify him because none of the goals were his fault. Onana get's criticism because of his consistent bad form and mistakes.
Ah, don't spend much time in the Onana thread do you?

Decent performance, some good claims and saves. Looks a bit dodgy with the ball at his feet though.

Danny

Ah, don't spend much time in the Onana thread do you?

Decent performance, some good claims and saves. Looks a bit dodgy with the ball at his feet though.
When did he look dodgy with his feet? Dealt with everything very well.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Good to see him get a game today, he did ok but im sure if Onana had have conceeded any of those 2 goals he'd have been crusified.
Why?
The first goal was a humdinger that took a deflection off Martinez and the second was Varane's to stop.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
When did he look dodgy with his feet? Dealt with everything very well.
Passing choices and execution didn't look good, came close to giving the ball away a couple of times with it and looked rushed at other times under a bit of pressure.

RedRocket9908

Why?
The first goal was a humdinger that took a deflection off Martinez and the second was Varane's to stop.
Because Onana always gets the blame for the goals we conceed even though the reason we conceed so many is because of our woeful defence as the 2nd goal proved today.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Nothing he could have done with the first. Almost nothing he could have done with second.

Other than that he had very little to do.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
More of a stable presence than Onana, but he is ropey as hell with his feet. Against an elite pressing team, we would have conceded a chance from playing back to him.
Feck I thought he was very good with his feet. A few passes looked a bit risky but if it was Ederson or Allison doing it we'd trust they knew what they were doing. It's how I want us to play trusting players technical ability to get out of tight spots. If it was McTominay or Maguire rather than Martinez or Shaw I wouldn't be encouraging playing out to

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Feck I thought he was very good with his feet. A few passes looked a bit risky but if it was Ederson or Allison doing it we'd trust they knew what they were doing. It's how I want us to play trusting players technical ability to get out of tight spots. If it was McTominay or Maguire rather than Martinez or Shaw I wouldn't be encouraging playing out to
Absolutely. We do this constantly in here with our players. Decisions, passes, finishes, tackles that would be absolutely fine from an opposition player are seized on as evidence of incompetence. He was good with the ball at his feet.

Danny

Passing choices and execution didn't look good, came close to giving the ball away a couple of times with it and looked rushed at other times under a bit of pressure.
Not sure, I thought they were great passes and well weighted but those types are always going to be risky, it's the nature of them.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Nothing he could have done with the first. Almost nothing he could have done with second.

Other than that he had very little to do.
Agree, but at least he doesn't instil a sense of 'omg what's gonna happen next' as Onana does.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
His passing under no pressure was fine, but his touch and passing under pressure was ropey.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He seemed alright, i'd probably keep picking him until he gives us a reason not to.

lex talionis

Absurd that it took this long for him to get his first start. Not bad at all. I'd like to see him given a few chances.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Great short passes that Onana is scared to make.

TrailMonkey

He looked good. No chance with either goal, but his full length dive for the first one demonstrated his athleticism - Onana would’ve just fallen to his right.

Distribution was generally decent and looked composed.

Right now I’d much rather have him between the sticks.

Pickle85

His passing under no pressure was fine, but his touch and passing under pressure was ropey.
Agreed. Don't think we can learn too much from this tbh, beyond the fact that we probably need a new keeper in the summer.

Adamsk7

He’s miles better than Onana - he moves like an actual goalkeeper for starters.

spwd

He looks like and plays like a Goalkeeper, which Onana doesn't unfortunately.

Unam333

Did quite alright. Looks a bit nervous on the ball when under pressure, but I like that he looks like a goalkeeper: lean, very tall and moves and jumps like goalkeeper.

It's only fair and well deserved he gets to play in the next game vs Wolves.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Did quite alright. Looks a bit nervous on the ball when under pressure, but I like that he looks like a goalkeeper: lean, very tall and moves and jumps like goalkeeper.

It's only fair and well deserved he gets to play in the next game vs Wolves.
Onana isn't playing much in Africa, so he will probably fly back in for that Wolves game, and fly back in for that game.

Gazautd18

Give him a run of games.
Looked quicker moving the ball outfield than Onana.