Altay Bayındır | 2023/24 Performances

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Christ that's horrendous! No wonder ten hag isnt playing him :lol:
You could do the same for Onana with a compilation of the continuous errors Onana has made all fecking season.

No one would want EtH to play Onana if we saw all the errors he’s made one after another in a short 3min video.

I’d say give the lad a chance.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Are we the only PL club that never rotates keepers, even for League Cup matches?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Christ that's horrendous! No wonder ten hag isnt playing him :lol:
The question is - why the feck did he buy him :) And he has #1 shirt (granted Onana didn't want it but still)

Are we the only PL club that never rotates keepers, even for League Cup matches?
That would be a safe guess. Never heard backup goalkeeper getting zero time, if nothing else - it's a risk because that goalkeeper cannot be in form with no games.

TheReligion

Abusive
Kovar. He is already better than Onana and it was the worst piece of outgoing business we have done in years.
No and No. If he was better than Onana , he would be starting for them now. We got 9m for academy graduate and there is also a buy back clause. Considering he wanted to leave , It was a good business.

I like the lad and would have preferred him instead of Bayindir but let's speak facts, please.
Yeah I agree with @bond19821982 here. Not sure these extreme takes are needed.

Bondi77

If he is that bad then we should just play Heaton against Wigan as he has always seemed competent when I have watched him play.

Statue of Limitations

I wouldn't mind seeing him in goal tomorrow if he is going to be taking up between the sticks in Onana's absence.
Playing Onana doesn't make much sense to me in a game we should comfortably win under the circumstances (Him going to AFCON).

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't know how real these clips are but they don't make him look good at all

Plus the fact that Ten Hag is refusing to give him ANY time, is very concerning.

I hope he will have a great start when Onana is off to AFCON, unless we are all getting surprised to see Tom Heaton while Onana is away... Now that would be a sure sign that we signed a complete dud in Bayindir
Someone made a similar clip for Onana. It’s so fecking pointless. A video showing nothing but goals conceded will make every keeper look crap. Just like a video showing only his missed attempts on goal would make Mbappe look useless. Of all the stupid football “analysis” online these videos of every goal a keeper concedes have to be amongst the most dumb.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Someone made a similar clip for Onana. It’s so fecking pointless. A video showing nothing but goals conceded will make every keeper look crap. Just like a video showing only his missed attempts on goal would make Mbappe look useless. Of all the stupid football “analysis” online these videos of every goal a keeper concedes have to be amongst the most dumb.
Not sure what you are trying to prove by "somebody also made similar video of Onana". Onana has been HORRIBLE for us and his idiotic mistakes have cost us Champions League qualification, so if Bayindir is also horrible, well we are fecked

As for "you can make similar videos for every keeper"... I am not 100% certain of that

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not sure what you are trying to prove by "somebody also made similar video of Onana". Onana has been HORRIBLE for us and his idiotic mistakes have cost us Champions League qualification, so if Bayindir is also horrible, well we are fecked

As for "you can make similar videos for every keeper"... I am not 100% certain of that
I’m not proving anything by mentioning Onana. Just pointing out that there’s more than one idiotic video doing the rounds.

Lyng

No and No. If he was better than Onana , he would be starting for them now. We got 9m for academy graduate and there is also a buy back clause. Considering he wanted to leave , It was a good business.

I like the lad and would have preferred him instead of Bayindir but let's speak facts, please.
To be fair, I am not sure Onana would be starting over Hradecky either.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
There were Turkish fans saying he was crap when he was rumoured to sign.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He absolutely should start tonight, because he'll almost certainly have to start in the next round if we make it past Wigan... so better to get him some experience in the 3rd round before we're inevitably drawn away at the Etihad in the next round.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He absolutely should start tonight, because he'll almost certainly have to start in the next round if we make it past Wigan... so better to get him some experience in the 3rd round before we're inevitably drawn away at the Etihad in the next round.
100% but will ETH think that far ahead? It's about protecting Onana's fragile confidence at the moment.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
How tall is he?

I see the internet says 6ft6 and that would make him taller than Donnaruma but yet he looks tiny and narrow in the goals.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How tall is he?

I see the internet says 6ft6 and that would make him taller than Donnaruma but yet he looks tiny and narrow in the goals.
No way is he 6ft6 ... he never looks that much taller then Onana who is 6ft 2 I believe? I'd put him at around 6ft 3 or 4

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thought it would be a good game to start him

Big Ben Foster

Supports
So I guess we're just throwing him into the deep end against Spurs then. Great strategy.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Another bizarre summer signing. Just throwing away money for the sake of it.

Big Ben Foster

Supports

Gandalf

Why is everyone so flustered about the second keeper not playing?
He has not played once for the team and it might be a good idea to pick a game against what should be beatable opposition to ease him in. I understand that this season there may not be such a thing as beatable opposition for us but still, if we were going to blow money on someone and not just snag a veteran for free you would think he would get a game at some point.

Walters_19_MuFc

Are you really not getting it?
What is there to get, other than ten Hag playing his strongest team because he's massively under pressure?

I have no doubt he'd have started Bayindir if we were doing well, as he did with Heaton a couple of times last season.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
Are you really not getting it?
He has not played once for the team and it might be a good idea to pick a game against what should be beatable opposition to ease him in. I understand that this season there may not be such a thing as beatable opposition for us but still, if we were going to blow money on someone and not just snag a veteran for free you would think he would get a game at some point.
Again it’s no big deal. Enough things about the club to talk about. This isn’t one of them.

Red00012

What is there to get, other than ten Hag playing wanting his strongest team because he's massively under pressure?

I have no doubt he'd have started Bayindir if we were doing well, as he did with Heaton a couple of times last season.
Cameroon have allowed us to keep Onana for the spurs game. I’m sure it wasn’t put down in writing but the agreement is Onana plays both games if Cameroon are allowing him to stay in Manchester. Why would Cameroon agree to leaving him in Manchester while he’s sitting on a bench for 90 mins v Wigan. It’s not rocket science . There was a zero chance of Bayindir starting tonight.

Walters_19_MuFc

Cameroon have allowed us to keep Onana for the spurs game. I’m sure it wasn’t put down in writing but the agreement is Onana plays both games if Cameroon are allowing him to stay in Manchester. Why would Cameroon agree to leaving him in Manchester while he’s sitting on a bench for 90 mins v Wigan. It’s not rocket science . There was a zero chance of Bayindir starting tonight.
Exactly! Not sure what all the fuss is about.