Television Altered Carbon

Purefoy's pole?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Someone please binge the show for me so I know whether to add it to my list of must watch shows. Also, tell me if my wife would like it.
Definitely worth a watch. Give it a shot. Your wife would know after the first episode if this is the show for her or not.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Ortega get's better as the show progress, also that body :drool:

I binged the whole series in one go yesterday, something which I normally don't do.

I actually think it is better than 'The Expanse', even though the latter has higher production values and probably is the better scifi it still has horrible pacing.

Can't wait for season two, will read all the Kovacs books now.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

I binged the whole series in one go yesterday, something which I normally don't do.

I actually think it is better than 'The Expanse', even though the latter has higher production values and probably is the better scifi it still has horrible pacing.

Another great sci-fi show :drool:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Three episodes in. The story is pretty weak and so are the characters, the dialogue is a bit shit and the acting is bad at times, but.. it is great fun to watch still because it just looks beautiful and the underlying themes are interesting. Also, bewbs.

Ducklegs

Ive only watched the first episode and it seems total pants.

The way its edited is really jarring as well, it cuts scenes the exact micro second people stop talking, as well as leaping about all over the place time wise with no real trigger for the jump.

It also doesnt help that the lead is a fecking atrocious actor, who has been total dog shit in everything he has been in apart from “The killing” where his phoned in, shoddy efforts could be overlooked as he was playing a couldnt give a feck recovering drug addict so could get away with it.

OneUnited24

I'm on episode 7... can you tell me when she gets better.

Also I'd have to disagree. The expanse is in a different league. I find this pretty confusing and have decided i dont like it. I think if you're into the books you can piece it together but for someone whos new its really jarring.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Also I'd have to disagree. The expanse is in a different league. I find this pretty confusing and have decided i dont like it. I think if you're into the books you can piece it together but for someone whos new its really jarring.
More or less everything is explained in last two episodes. I'd recommend you to keep going.

afrocentricity

I had to rewatch the first episode to catch it all but 2-3 eps in I think I've got it now. Expanse is my favourite sci fi atm and I'd put this up there with it (atm). The concepts and vision of the future are really interesting. Opinions....

parkthebuslads

Two episodes in and I'm considering abandoning it. Underneath all the bells and whistles, it seems a rather dull story with unlikable characters and a total absence of any spark or fun.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm 3 episodes in and really enjoying it. I like that you have to ponder why certain things happen e.g. the Catholic thing.

I also really like the expanse but it is fairly unevenly paced.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Its good but for me I preferred travelers and the expanse is on another level to this, the lead actor is bang average, the setting is quality, the story telling got better towards the end.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Its good but for me I preferred travelers and the expanse is on another level to this, the lead actor is bang average, the setting is quality, the story telling got better towards the end.
I think it is much better than Travelers, The Expanse is better though, but the pacing made me bored at times watching it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
First episode was a tad slow but the second one has me by the jaffers now the the investigation has begun.

I find the idea of living forever via different sleeves both fascinating and terrifying at the same time. Black Mirror meets Blade Runner.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I thought the first episode was a bit dull. It looks visually stunning though.

The Firestarter

Have to agree about that part.

cyberman

4 eps in and it's all special effects. The main arc has no stakes at all, I'm struggling to understand why I should care.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Was very disappointed with the last 2 or 3 episodes. They've quite literally had deus ex machina in the end :rolleyes:
Overall I'm not sure. Probably nay

OneUnited24

4 eps in and it's all special effects. The main arc has no stakes at all, I'm struggling to understand why I should care.
Having finished it I feel the same. Starting off thinking “this is brilliant!” Now I’m like “no wait this is crap” I stand by that assessment.

I finished it solely to see what happened. But it was mainly just background noise.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I'm about 4 or 5 episodes in and this is starting to feel a little too actiony for me.
Is it even worth continuing?
I can always Google the hot cop.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's definitely a case of style over substance, but I love the style so much that I still enjoy it. It has to go down as a disappointment though, from reading the net it doesn't seem to do the source novel justice at all.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm about 4 or 5 episodes in and this is starting to feel a little too actiony for me.
Is it even worth continuing?
I can always Google the hot cop.
I've watched 7 now and yeah it's get very actiony indeed. If you're into cerebral sci-fi it might put you off. I'm still enjoying it though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's definitely a case of style over substance, but I love the style so much that I still enjoy it. It has to go down as a disappointment though, from reading the net it doesn't seem to do the source novel justice at all.
The source novel is great. I read it years ago so it’s not too fresh in my memory but I’m definitely not getting the same vibes from this show (two episodes in). Tbh it was always going to be difficult to translate to the screen. The best bits in the novel are when they really nerd out about all the tech.

Simbo

Only 4 eps in but feel like this show is the real deal, loving it so far.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Finished it. Whilst I didn't hate it, every episode felt long and Ortega just got on my nerves.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I haven't seen this but the central concept of transferring consciousness between bodies sounds interesting. I might read the original novel based on the less-than-stellar reviews above.

Last edited: