Alvaro Fernandez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero

reluctantnicko is a clown. Nothing to see here.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Tweet works for me on my phone.

A sale is fine, no? He’s 20 years old and as of right now there’s 3 established left backs ahead of him. We can’t just stockpile young players, and loans are always tricky.

Whilst a young player is at optimum value (who most likely isn’t going to get the right crack to make it here) it’s best we sell for as much as we can — and/or include an adequate buyback or sell-on clause.

Castia

Sell with a buyback/sell on clause is the way to go these days

mu4c_20le

I had to manually open the tweet, then refresh the page tos ee it. fecking X

zaafi

A sale would be okay if there is a buy back clause and we get priority on signing him back.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We don’t need him - but we need transfer proceeds very much.
All the more so when the two players who were going to be our most expensive exports (Henderson and McTominay) look like they might end up staying…

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Why are we rushing to sell all these talented young players? We should just loan him out for a year first to see how he develops.

Alemar

He's a very talented young player. I'd rather we didn't sell our best young players.
It’s much better to sell your young players for good money - it allows you to buy other players. The only exception is if you PLAY these young players (like it was with Garnacho last season).

Remember the geese

It’s much better to sell your young players for good money - it allows you to buy other players. The only exception is if you PLAY these young players (like it was with Garnacho last season).
Not for me. I'd rather develop them in the hope that they can one day be good enough for our first team. Fernandez isn't yet at the crossroads that someone like Elanga was. It is yet to be determined whether he can be good enough for us or not.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I think ETH will raise the standard across United. Average players will be sold. Only players like Garnacho or Mainoo who show they can compete and perform. I think it can only be good for the club.

krazyrobus

Good technically, but I don't think he has the speed to get to the top echelons. Sell him, put a buyback/sell-on/first refusal and let him develop elsewhere and we can still benefit from said development.

izec

An almost sure thing to make it at the top level. If that is at a top club, who knows, but he will be a success in the Bundesliga. Buy back clause is obligatory, as we wont get a high fee.

lex talionis

"This tweet is unavailable" appears on my screen, on a laptop.

As for Fernandez himself I think he's ready to challenge Malacia, but if he's not then a loan makes sense -- as long as it's to club which will actually develop. We've had a few too many loanees rot on the bench and then come back undeveloped.

Alemar

Not for me. I'd rather develop them in the hope that they can one day be good enough for our first team.
It is simply impossible this way. The only way to develop young players to such a level is to play them in the first team - and should be not 2-minute cameos.

When we marinate young players in U-18 and U-21 teams (which happens all the time), they don’t develop and quickly lose their value. You should either play them in the first team or sell them while their stock is high.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Not sure about him myself, great going forward but defensively suspect. I wonder would he be better long term as a LWB or LM

Remember the geese

It is simply impossible this way. The only way to develop young players to such a level is to play them in the first team - and should be not 2-minute cameos.

When we marinate young players in U-18 and U-21 teams (which happens all the time), they don’t develop and quickly lose their value. You should either play them in the first team or sell them while their stock is high.
I'd be happy to loan him out. Just not a sale.

Plastic Evra

I would be fine with a buyback option.
ETH already brought a young LB, I think it's pretty clear he's not getting first team minutes in the next couple of seasons.

AneRu

As long as we are smart enough to put in a buyback clause, a sell on clause and if the fee is around £15m then a sale would make sense. He can't be on loan perrenially and if he isn't ready to knock off Malacia as Shaw's back up we might as well take the money and take a punt on another youngster in the forward positions to supplement the attack.

Win, win as he a team which owns him permanently will be more deliberate in his development and offer him what we can't right now ie minutes at top level football. In three years he will have shown enough for us to bring him back or make money when he is sold. If we had used the same approach with Tuanzebe we wouldn't have made a total loss on him.

dutchred

Not sure about him myself, great going forward but defensively suspect. I wonder would he be better long term as a LWB or LM
He is very similar to Daley Blind, probably a little quicker. Will probably end up as a DM or left sided defender. Will have a good career in Europe

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
An almost sure thing to make it at the top level. If that is at a top club, who knows, but he will be a success in the Bundesliga. Buy back clause is obligatory, as we wont get a high fee.
I don’t think he’s a sure thing at all and I rate him fairly highly.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That is because you are a pessimist
No, it's because I've watched him play. He's very good but the defensive side of his game is weak and he doesn't quite have the pace you'd expect of a fullback, he looks more like a midfielder than a full back. Technically he's fantastic but he's far from a sure thing.

Bojan Djordjic

Is Malacia not injured? Personally think we'd be pretty light without him. Know we've just seen him in friendlies for United but he's been more impactful than Malacia has when he gets his opportunities. Think I'd rather see Malacia turned over for a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.