Alvaro Fernandez (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

Strange on here. Constant complaints we sell too late and then you sell a 20 year old that isn't good enough to be one of the two best left backs and thus won't develop at the club and apparently it's wrong.

Stick a fair buy back in. Problem solved, if he does happen to progress rapidly the option is there.

Thiagoal

No way we should be selling him. Malacia and Williams can be sold- this kid is going to be immense trust me! Was very highly rated at Real Madrid and oozes class!

Shit source any way! Pretty sure ETH rates him very highly!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m not a fan of Malacia at all but Fernandez was disappointing in preseason for me and I am not surprised if Ten Hag doesn’t fancy him after having a look. I’d support a sale if we can get a decent fee.

Nero

Why are people so easily manipulated by random nobody tweets?

Woziak

No way we should be selling him. Malacia and Williams can be sold- this kid is going to be immense trust me! Was very highly rated at Real Madrid and oozes class!

Shit source any way! Pretty sure ETH rates him very highly!
Totally agree, fans saying he showed little in pre season are completely watching a different game, he’s gone from Preston to Man Utd and looks a real prospect, keep for 6 months then loan out to a good championship/PL from January.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
His interview the other day would be at odds with this report. Spoke like someone who views his future here and has been told there's a future for him here, but he wants to play.

croadyman

His interview the other day would be at odds with this report. Spoke like someone who views his future here and has been told there's a future for him here, but he wants to play.
Yeah that loan at Preston really helped

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Maybe it's low because they want to add a buy back clause again?

Santos J

I know we like to bleat on about fees we get but I don't think it's that mad, I like him and think he'll do well somewhere but he's 20, had a decent loan at a mid table Championship side and is at best 4th choice here. Stick a % of sale/buyback in and it's alright.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I know we like to bleat on about fees we get but I don't think it's that mad, I like him and think he'll do well somewhere but he's 20, had a decent loan at a mid table Championship side and is at best 4th choice here. Stick a % of sale/buyback in and it's alright.
It was a good loan, more than decent.

Santos J

It was a good loan, more than decent.
It was good for him but you look at someone like Maatsen's loan at Burnley which was a lot better and they were looking at around 20m EUR until Poch wanted to keep him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think he’s going to be a PL standard player so 7million is very cheap. Hopefully we work out a nice deal that covers us in the event he develops well. Another loan would have been what I would have done. I think we could sell him for more this time next year but it probably isn’t the best thing for the players development.

Marwood

I think he’s going to be a PL standard player so 7million is very cheap. Hopefully we work out a nice deal that covers us in the event he develops well. Another loan would have been what I would have done. I think we could sell him for more this time next year but it probably isn’t the best thing for the players development.
I just don't see a PL fullback being as athletically limited as he is. Doesn't seem workable to me.

It's a real shame because he's clearly talented.

AneRu

I think we are looking at raising funds to make one or two more big signings. Him and Kovar will bring around 15m, add that to what we got for Elanga, Iqbal, Fred et al and you have a nice kitty that can finance a bid for journeyman striker on the continent who can contribute some handy goals over the course of the campaign.

At this rate I wouldn't be shocked if we sold Hannibal too, ETH seems to rate the group behind this one more when you look at how easy it is for the likes of Mainoo and Gore to get minutes whereas Mejbri struggles a bit. So if my speculation has a bit of truth in it I think ETHight be inclined to sell off the older group and will look to mould the younger one.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Some of the young players we have sold have had real potential like Iqbal and I question why we sold so cheap but we had a sell on % and buy back clause so it's not the end of the world but when it comes to Alvaro I genuinely think he has a ceiling so high that this would be a huge mistake and I know people will say "Only has a loan in the championship" but not many WC fullbacks did much at the age of 20 and whatever level he plays it, he stands out and I believe he will far exceed Malacia but obviously have to trust the manager here..

Aint gota Kalou

I just don't see a PL fullback being as athletically limited as he is. Doesn't seem workable to me.

I think it'll help that there's a lot more technical FBs that move central, think he could do that very well

Alemar

when it comes to Alvaro I genuinely think he has a ceiling so high that this would be a huge mistake
Is he good enough to replace Malacia (and get his minutes) this season? If not, there is no point having him - better sell with a buy back clause and let him develop elsewhere. Maybe buy back is as low as 15m

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

He’s feisty, talented, he’s a tank for his age, looks to have a good temperament and he can play. He has loads going for him but he needs games and to be as challenged as much possible by a manager who backs him. If someone like Burn can work at LB I think Alvaro can too. Especially in a back 5. I can see him playing for Spain in the future.

OleGunnar20

Shame to see the likes of Alvaro and Kovar moving on before Williams and Henderson, but it can't be helped really.

A buyback clause and a sell on % would be prudent I think.

RuudTom83

He might make it, but he needs a few more seasons before that question can be answered...if there is a club who can give him that opportunity they might be able to grab a bargain.

Sadly competing for the Top 4 in England makes it very difficult for EtH to risk playing more than the truly exceptional youth players. Also Malacia was a EtH transfer so he isn't getting ahead of him or Shaw.

dutchred

Shame to see the likes of Alvaro and Kovar moving on before Williams and Henderson, but it can't be helped really.

A buyback clause and a sell on % would be prudent I think.
Makes sense, as I don't see us wanting a buy back clause for Williams and Henderson. They will be sold or loaned with option to buy.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Is he good enough to replace Malacia (and get his minutes) this season? If not, there is no point having him - better sell with a buy back clause and let him develop elsewhere. Maybe buy back is as low as 15m
Yes I believe he is but Malacia is Ten Hags man and I can understand that.

dinostar77

I think ETH will raise the standard across United. Average players will be sold. Only players like Garnacho or Mainoo who show they can compete and perform. I think it can only be good for the club.
ETH was quoted in a interview towards end of the season that the bar for the first team is quite high. Young players who cant reach that bar will be sold (with some clauses for buyback, sell-on etc, incase they get it wrong).

Not much different than what we did under fergie. Its good source of income for the club, chelsea were masters at it under grataskia.

Marwood

He’s feisty, talented, he’s a tank for his age, looks to have a good temperament and he can play. He has loads going for him but he needs games and to be as challenged as much possible by a manager who backs him. If someone like Burn can work at LB I think Alvaro can too. Especially in a back 5. I can see him playing for Spain in the future.
Really? I thought quite the opposite.

I think if he had all those attributes along with his ability he'd be challenging Shaw, not being sold.

Said this before but we should have had him in midfield in the youth teams.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think we are looking at raising funds to make one or two more big signings. Him and Kovar will bring around 15m, add that to what we got for Elanga, Iqbal, Fred et al and you have a nice kitty that can finance a bid for journeyman striker on the continent who can contribute some handy goals over the course of the campaign.

At this rate I wouldn't be shocked if we sold Hannibal too, ETH seems to rate the group behind this one more when you look at how easy it is for the likes of Mainoo and Gore to get minutes whereas Mejbri struggles a bit. So if my speculation has a bit of truth in it I think ETHight be inclined to sell off the older group and will look to mould the younger one.
I think you might be right. Provided we have buyback or sell on clauses, I'm not that bothered, just surprised. It doesn't seem like the loan system works particularly anymore for players like this, you need to either integrate them in the first team squad or sell with buyback or clause in.

wolvored

ETH was quoted in a interview towards end of the season that the bar for the first team is quite high. Young players who cant reach that bar will be sold (with some clauses for buyback, sell-on etc, incase they get it wrong).

Not much different than what we did under fergie. Its good source of income for the club, chelsea were masters at it under grataskia.
Yes saw that. Agree with another poster who said we need funds, probably for Amrabat. Freds fee wasnt going to cover it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Don’t see him being at his best as a fullback, lack of pace and rubbish defensively.
As a LM I can see a future for him

Roboc7

Problem with another loan is if it’s not a successful one his value nose dives. I think we have to make these kind of decisions now because of demands of FFP, at some point we’ll sell someone we regret but most of the other top teams do sell off players if they good offers. On other hand we’ve failed to cash in on players and regretted it as well.

I like Fernandez and think he’ll have a good career but I can see Spain or Germany suiting him more than Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.