5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Elanga has shown more at youth level. He's definitely physically much more ready than Diallo, supposedly Elanga has a great attitude as well and has been a sponge to Ronaldo.

Amad has shown way more at youth level. Whenever he played in the 23s he got goals and assists.

Literally strength and raw pace is the only thing Elanga has over him. He is no where near as good at football in terms of actual quality and techniques.

Amads first team appearances have also been more impressive overall.

laughtersassassin

Elanga is well ahead of Amad hence he’s getting more opportunities! He’s a proper unit, fast as lightening and can finish! Amad needs a couple of decent loans before thinking about claiming a squad place
But Amad is well better at football. Being strong and fast does not make Elanga better.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Made the wrong decision to join United, not that he can't come good but just a terrible decision to join a club that seriously lacks vision.

Have no plan for him whatsoever.

laughtersassassin

Made the wrong decision to join United, not that he can't come good but just a terrible decision to join a club that seriously lacks vision.

It's not even about him Coming Good as he honestly couldn't have been much more impressive than he has been. He hasn't been given a go at all.

Shows not much hope for anyone in our academy because Amad is the best of them by far.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We must get him loaned in January asap. He needs to play football, which he isn’t going to get here it seems.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Atalanta weren't giving him game time where he currently was either. He's a bit unlucky, he was supposed to go on loan had it not been for an injury during the transfer window.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
And was brilliant in one.

3 matches after a long injury is nothing!

He was great in nearly every game at all levels last season.
You clearly have a favouritism towards him and there's nothing wrong with that, but there's absolutely no reason why you can't praise Amad without discrediting Elanga who has been doing very well with his development and hasn't really put a foot wrong. Elanga has scored more and assisted more at youth level, he gave a very good performance in the Premier League last season for his debut, he had a pretty good cameo at LWB earlier in the season and by all accounts he's an excellent trainer.

I think most of us agree Amad is a good talent but let's not take out these weird frustrations that he's not on the bench on Elanga.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Won't he be out of the squad as he'll be going on loan, and got injured just before he was meant to go on loan last time so best to keep him wrapped in cotton wool so he doesn't miss out again

Bondi77

I thought he might go to the African Cup but I just checked the Ivory squad and he is not in it.

laughtersassassin

The club's management of Amad has been quite poor in my opinion since we signed him.

Should have been playing with the under 23s since his loan fell through.

Played 2 and a half games at all ages all season is very poor management by the club.

Hopefully he gets his loan as I think he is already good enough to contribute. His performances have proved that for me.

Hope we don't end up letting him go in favour of our other young lads as to me he has outclassed them all.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

The club's management of Amad has been quite poor in my opinion since we signed him.

Should have been playing with the under 23s since his loan fell through.

Played 2 and a half games all season is very poor management by the club.

Hopefully he gets his loan as I think he is already good enough to contribute. His performances have proved that for me.

Hope we don't end up letting him go in favour of our other young lads as to me he has outclassed them all.
Yeah agree on all points. Definitely needs some senior level football on loan.

dinostar77

Boy needs football, barely played an senior games for Atalanta before we snapped him up. Apparently the 2nd best player in europe for his age behind Ansu Fati according to our scouts. So there must be vast potential there, just needs lots and lots of first team football to grow and develop. Shame he got injured just before he was due to leave for loan to feyenoord.

United in sin

This is a possible example of why talented kids prefer moves to the likes of Dortmund and the Red bull clubs. I'm not screaming for the kid to be played but it appears he's stagnating at United with no clear strategy for his development an pathway into the first team. Hopefully Ragknick has a plan for him

VanDeBank

Ma’am
This is a possible example of why talented kids prefer moves to the likes of Dortmund and the Red bull clubs. I'm not screaming for the kid to be played but it appears he's stagnating at United with no clear strategy for his development an pathway into the first team. Hopefully Ragknick has a plan for him
Well we don't know if he's stagnated because he's not playing.

Let's not forget he had a good loan move lined up, but it's incompetence on the club's part to have the lad train on the last day of the transfer window.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I think the best place for him would be in the Championship. He’d get games there, physical games, and would be able to get rhythm and show his quality. Don’t think sending him to Europe is going to help him get used to senior English football, or ready for United.

The board don’t have a clue what they are doing do they?

Why on earth did we buy this lad and Pellestri when the money combined could have got a decent winger that could straight into the starting 11 for the past couple of years?

I feel sorry for Amad, the Glazers will just look at him as a failed investment but at the end of the day they have derailed this kids career. He has not developed due to the Glazers failure of not being able to implement a good coaching structure and core staff to develop him. No departments of our club function as it should do under the Glazers though so our scouts have probably got it wrong too. Not saying that he’s another Bebe but don’t think he’s a wonder kid either.

Just incompetence at every level.

Reactions: oates

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
100%

If I was a young kid i’d never move to United, Chelsea, City, Liverpool etc.

Start at a club that will play you every game without needing or worrying about carrying you and getting the result every week.

Bellingham made the right move going to Dortmund. Let’s be honest he would have sat behind mcfred on the bench with a few cameos while he ‘bulked up’.

Amad is class, he is very football smart and has a quick brain. Because he can’t run like rashford or elanga though he’s not good enough.

This club is obsessed with speed, no wonder we lack the basic technique in tight areas.

United in sin

Let's not forget he had a good loan move lined up, but it's incompetence on the club's part to have the lad train on the last day of the transfer window.
Agreed

100%

Start at a club that will play you every game without needing or worrying about carrying you and getting the result every week.

Bellingham made the right move going to Dortmund. Let’s be honest he would have sat behind mcfred on the bench with a few cameos while he ‘bulked up’.

Amad is class, he is very football smart and has a quick brain. Because he can’t run like rashford or elanga though he’s not good enough.

This club is obsessed with speed, no wonder we lack the basic technique in tight areas.
Spot on!

Amad, Hannibal, Menji, Mejbri and Elanga could all possibly be getting a good amount of game time on the continent. Elanga seems to be the closest one to first team action these days and I agree it's probably primarily because of his speed. Not taking anything from him

We marvel at talented youngsters getting game time on the continent but we simply can't do the same for our own (as you mentioned yourself) as they are mostly deemed 'not ready'.

This club takes pride in developing youth and having home grown players in every matchday squad but in reality the only kids who get to play are the so called 'generational talents'. Rangknick didn't fill his Red Bull clubs with generational talents, he scouted young players he identified as ready to contribute and he aided their development.

At United I'm not sure what our strategy is anymore as far as youth go. We send our kids on mostly useless loans. Our current group of talented youth players could realistically save us hundreds of millions if even a few of them realize their potential. I hope things change

Woodenlung

As a side we're seriously lacking in composure on the ball. Amad is only 19 and very inexperienced, but in the few games he has played I've seen him make more correct decisions on the ball than many of his more experienced teammates. I'd like to see him get more of a look in.

If he's not going to get that then please loan him to a club that will play him consistently. Some posters above were correct in their assessment as to who younger players prefer Dortmund and the like over us. They'll get the chance to flourish whereas here our managers seem paralysed by the pressure which losing can bring and won't try different things.

luke511

Preferring running over technique, not good at all.
That's exactly it, technical consistency isn't being prioritised (yet again) and it hasn't been for a long time. Amad not even making the bench is almost enough for me to know Rangnick isn't going to fix this team as a manager, there's no sign so far that he values this side of the game above other aspects like physicality. How can you expect to be a consistent team without technical consistent players?

the_cliff

That's exactly it, technical consistency isn't being prioritised (yet again) and it hasn't been for a long time. Amad not even making the bench is almost enough for me to know Rangnick isn't going to fix this team as a manager, there's no sign so far that he values this side of the game above other aspects. How can you expect to be a consistent team without technical consistent players?
I agree with this. It's a shame because we have some good technical players.
Martial, Sancho, Greenwood, Amad, Pogba, DVB.

Yet we stick with Rashford, Ronaldo, Cavani, Mctominay. Even if it's not working, it's mind boggling.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
We are a terrible club for developing talented youngsters.

There's loads of pressure to win every game.

If said talented youngster has a few good games they are hyped up beyond reality creating false expectations.

laughtersassassin

I'm fine with him going on loan since we don't use him but it's funny as in my opinion he is without a doubt better than Elanga.

Don't mean to diss Elanga but he is just the direct comparison to Amad right now since they are competing for the same spot.

Elanga is mainly just pace and power. Much more raw in technical ability.

We need to manage our youth better really.

Last edited:

Crashoutcassius

I'm fine with him going on loan since we don't use him but it's funny as in my opinion he is without a doubt better than Elanga.

Don't mean to diss Elanga but he is just the direct comparison to Amad right now since they are competing for the same spot.

pace and power probably far more important for this coach, especially considering what he has said thus far, that we lack physicality

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Maybe its just because he is bit light weight and we are top heavy side as it is. Loan isnt such a bad option at the moment for him.

NoPace

100%

Yeah, if he'd moved to a team that needs a winger like Leicester, Sociedad or Leverkusen he'd probably be getting big minutes out wide.

macheda14

That's just silly, it was a loan move. Every player still trains up until they leave on loan. He easily could have got that very same injury in his first day of training at Feyenoord. There are a lot of things to blame the club for, but come on.

laughtersassassin

Shame it's not to a club higher up the table in the championship.

Amad is our biggest talent in our youth setup by far. His performances for the first team showed a lot of promise and every performance for the under 23s has been brilliant bar his first game back from injury.

I won't pretend I watch Birmingham but hopefully they have enough stamp on games to allow him to influence matches.

If they have no control it won't matter how good Amad is, especially since he is a technical player who needs to be on the ball.

I will be watching their games going forward.

Last edited:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I can only assume that the club want him to keep adapting to the country and therefor resort to loan him out to a club at a much lower level, instead of him getting games in the Dutch league or similar. Pity.

Do we have a loan manager or someone who tailors these loans in accordance with the players' best interests?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Shame it's not to a club higher up the table in the championship.

Amad is our biggest talent in our youth setup by far. His performances for the first team showed a lot of promise and every performance for the under 23s has been brilliant bar his first game back from injury.

I won't pretend I watch Birmingham but hopefully they have enough stamp on games to allow him to influence matches.

If they have no control it won't matter how good Amad is, especially since he is a technical player who needs to be on the ball.

I will be watching their games going forward.
We've sent Chong, Mengi and now potentially Amad to Birmingham so we might have some agreement behind the scenes. For what it's worth, Chong made a big impact so at the very least we should be expecting a similar impact from Amad too.

He's a big talent, obviously, but I still think Mejbri's the best in our academy set up currently.

macheda14

I can only assume that the club want him to keep adapting to the country and therefor resort to loan him out to a club at a much lower level, instead of him getting games in the Dutch league or similar. Pity.

Do we have a loan manager or someone who tailors these loans in accordance with the players' best interests?
I’m not sure that the bottom half of the Dutch table are much better than the top half of the championship. Anyway it would do him good getting used to the physicality of the prem by playing in the far more physical Championship

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Let's not forget about a certain legend who played on loan at Birmingham :drool:

If all goes well, they'll retire his shirt number

Status
Not open for further replies.