5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

Granted I have only seen the Ross County and the Celtic game but he was one of the worst players on the pitch in both games. So slow and clunky, makes AWB look like prime Roberto Baggio on the ball.
It's the Scottish PL. Tavernier was a League One player when he played in England. The players that Ross County sign from England are from League 1 and League 2. It will look crap if you're comparing the standard to the PL. In the context of the league Tavernier's stats are immense though. The players from the Scottish PL that are good enough for United are not very common at all.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It wasn't a great game for him. Too deep as a team, too much reliance on his off-the-ball and defensive game, both of which are very raw. And ahead of a right-back used to manning the flank single-handedly and not yet in tune with his flank partner.

So far he's had one very good performance, one poor one. Rangers getting pinned like that in the first half is likely to be an anomaly - it is a long time since it has happened in an Old Firm game never mind a standard SPL tie. He's likely to have plenty more of the former performances where he routinely gets the ball 25 yards from goal and we can play to his strengths.

Absolute nonsense. I saw him make a number of runs into their box when Rangers had the ball on the opposite flank. Why make shit up?
Yeah. He was regularly making those runs in behind the defence. I mean he scored after a couple of minutes of his debut making that exact same run. And the manager even saw fit to praise him for attacking the back post (not all creatives do, they often prefer to hang back to get the ball on their preferred foot)

Fear Derg

Supports
Celtic
It will be interesting if he starts tomorrow

Rumor has it that the terms of the loan stipulate that he has to be a starter

Bondi77

It will be interesting if he starts tomorrow

Rumor has it that the terms of the loan stipulate that he has to be a starter
Whether he is playing great or shite?????
I think you are getting confused with the agreement we have with Ronnie.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Poor decision to drop him at home in front of a full stadium. He hasn’t played at Ibrox yet has he? He was clearly shell shocked against Celtic and the atmosphere, benching him the next game is not the right decision for me.

The Rangers manager is too cautious in his approach. This loan would have been better is Gerrard was still in charge.

laughtersassassin

Very unlucky to find himself on the bench. Their best player in his first game when he was on the ball.

Celtic game the entire Rangers team was useless. Their attackers had no hope to impress at all.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’s very odd, his first home game and chance to play to the crowd.

MacGlock88

Greg Taylor had him in his pocket for the first half on Wednesday, before he (Diallo) was hooked off. No doubt he will come on today.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I'm not surprised he's dropped after Wednesday. It looks a big game for Rangers.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'm not surprised he's dropped after Wednesday. It looks a big game for Rangers.
Bit of common sense in the amad thread. he was one of rangers worst players on Wednesday. He’s good enough but they have to stay in the hunt and can’t afford another performance like that. I’m sure if he was ripping it up in training since he’d probably have started again but Wednesday was most likely a shock to the system for him and the manager. He’ll come back stronger.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Bit of common sense in the amad thread. he was one of rangers worst players on Wednesday. He’s good enough but they have to stay in the hunt and can’t afford another performance like that. I’m sure if he was ripping it up in training since he’d probably have started again but Wednesday was most likely a shock to the system for him and the manager. He’ll come back stronger.
A hundred percent this.

He's new to the team, got thrown in the deep end mid week, and this is another tough game.

A good cameo in the second half and he's back in the managers mind for starting, but Rangers do look more balanced on the right today.

Champ

Amad is going to be clattered if he gets on here, this is a war not a football game.

laughtersassassin

4-0. Would have been a great game to play him.....

Strange to not give him any time considering his first game was very promising.

Dazzmondo

Benched for a game they win 5-0. Didn't take long for this loan to go south

VanDeBank

Ma’am
So are we still at the “United are ruining his career“ stage of this thread or at the “he’s overrated and won’t make it” stage. I’m confused
He played poorly in his last game, so right now it's the latter. Speaking of overreactions:

V. Bronckhorst seems like a decent man manager, give it some time.

Champ

He has started two out of the three games he's played so far.
Not really an issue that he gets benched in a tough game for them.

United in sin

I think it was pretty stupid to throw him in at the deep end against Celtic away. This game would've been perfect for his first start at home

lsd

The Oracle
Poor decision to drop him at home in front of a full stadium. He hasn’t played at Ibrox yet has he? He was clearly shell shocked against Celtic and the atmosphere, benching him the next game is not the right decision for me.

The Rangers manager is too cautious in his approach. This loan would have been better is Gerrard was still in charge.

I think Axel Tuanzebe would disagree with your last point.

Amad was always going to be dropped today he was the worst player on the pitch in both his games despite his tap in goal and after the way Celtic destroyed Rangers changes were going to be made

In Rainbows

Amad was always going to be dropped today he was the worst player on the pitch in both his games despite his tap in goal and after the way Celtic destroyed Rangers changes were going to be made
He wasn't the worst player in both of his games. He was the worst in his last game. No need to invent things.

Glorio

I don't know where or why folks come up with stuff like this. He was terrible against Celtic but one of the best players in the game before where he scored and was such a threat as he basically toyed with the opposition LB for the rest of his game. Did you actually watch the game vs Ross County?

Smores

I don't know where or why folks come up with stuff like this. He was terrible against Celtic but one of the best players in the game before where he scored and was such a threat as he basically toyed with the opposition LB for the rest of his game. Did you actually watch the game vs Ross County?
There's no way he watched it as no one in their right mind would come to that conclusion. He was their joint best player.

I didn't watch the Celtic game but a young lad in a team getting mauled is always going to struggle. That's what he's there to learn though, important experiences.

laughtersassassin

Got his assist and is definitely one of the best players when he has the ball.

Obviously quality of opposition is poor but looks every bit as good as Ramsey etc

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nice to hear. Hopefully means he gets some serious minutes against Dortmund

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s right where he needs to be at the moment. He has all the talent in the world but he needs to play and also the conditions, on and off the pitch will likely accelerate his maturity.

Status
Not open for further replies.