View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Red-17

Another game where he does feck all. Would like to see him start I guess to see if he can do more from the start.
Set up Garnacho's shot, had a shot blocked that was on target from his own teammate, won the ball back a few times. Not terrible for limited minutes playiing in a floating position with no clear organization. Still not sure why Ten Hag is allergic to playing him and Mainoo at the same time, one of the few players who is capable of playing a similar style.

Gordon S

Did ok, won the ball defensively a couple of times, a couple of good moves going forward, but shows little of what he can.
But there is barely a player looking good for us. Just Bruno who pulls a few strings and looks decent and Garnacho who gets his head down and just runs with it. Does it well, at times, and not so well at other times. Frustrating.
What are the instructions, what is the plan?

TempusFugit

He won't make it here if Ten Hag stays. Antony just scored as well, so he's guaranteed to start every game till the season's over.

Honestly i don't understand why quite a few users here are so keen to write him off. Is coming on and turning the game around by himself the only way he'll change people's minds? Not to mention that our attack was a mess after our focal point in Højlund came off, with players getting in each others way. Personally I've got a lot of time for Amad. He needs a run of games, writing him off after less than 300 proper minutes in a Utd shirt is crazy.

Idxomer

This is what a lot of us said would happen. Thrown on in yet another chaotic game, fails to impress because everything is a mess, and that's then used as justification for not starting him.

He's not someone who's going to come on and singlehandedly change our fortunes. However, with a chance of a run as a starter where he finds his rhythm and gels with other starters, he could bring a better balance to our team for the remainder of the season.

I've always said he's not a generational talent, and his limit is probably a squad player here if he reaches his potential, but he's still a good player who, in my opinion, deserves a run in the team because it's not as if we're playing well enough to warrant the refusal to freshen things up.
He still hasn't started a PL game since the dead rubber against Wolves in 20/21. 230 minutes in total over 8 games this season in all competitions.

He wasn't given a chance to start against the two worst teams in the league. It's clear Ten Hag doesn't rate him and wants to give Antony as many chances as possible to redeem himself. He was fine today after being thrown in another game United can't control without a defined position.

Red-17

This is what a lot of us said would happen. Thrown on in yet another chaotic game, fails to impress because everything is a mess, and that's then used as justification for not starting him.

He's not someone who's going to come on and singlehandedly change our fortunes. However, with a chance of a run as a starter where he finds his rhythm and gels with other starters, he could bring a better balance to our team for the remainder of the season.

I've always said he's not a generational talent, and his limit is probably a squad player here if he reaches his potential, but he's still a good player who, in my opinion, deserves a run in the team because it's not as if we're playing well enough to warrant the refusal to freshen things up.
Exactly, he is not Arjen Robben or a player who is going to single handedly take the game to the opponent like Garnacho, but he is someone who can play quick football, keep possession, and pick out dangerous passes. That is a much less valuable set of skills in a disorganized team though, and our games tend to become more chaotic the longer they go.

Him not getting a single start the entire season is simply inexcusable given the players in front of him. Antony gets chance after chance and finally takes it which will surely lock up his starting position for another month. Meanwhile we will go into the summer knowing we have a winger in Antony who is not good enough to be a starter while still having no real idea what Amad is capable of offering us going into next season. In addition, no other team is going to come in and offer 40 or 50 million for him because he simply hasn't had enough opportunities to prove anything.

Sylar

Id go along with that. I'm guessing hrs not starting fa cup so doubt he will start any games until end of season unless we get injuries. Honestly think he needs to score / assist every time he comes on for the next three games to be given a chance at starting the last league game

Red-17

He still hasn't started a PL game since the dead rubber against Wolves in 20/21. 230 minutes in total over 8 games this season in all competitions.

He wasn't given a chance to start against the two worst teams in the league. It's clear Ten Hag doesn't rate him and wants to give Antony as many chances as possible to redeem himself. He was fine today after being thrown in another game United can't control without a defined position.
He's also clearly dispelled the myth that he is a pushover defensively, he has looked miles better winning balls back and pressing than Rashford and even Garnacho in the limited minutes he's been afforded. With our season already a wash, it's pretty ridiculous how little he is playing.

Mmm-Qatarian

I didn't even think he was that bad. It kind of just feels like because the result was shite the fans feel like they have to get on every player's back.

Nick7

He's also clearly dispelled the myth that he is a pushover defensively, he has looked miles better winning balls back and pressing than Rashford and even Garnacho in the limited minutes he's been afforded. With our season already a wash, it's pretty ridiculous how little he is playing.
Seems to be a tactical thing. Garnacho was much better defensively on the right than on the left. We seem to leave our left winger high and instruct them not to anything defensively

Oranges038

Composed on the ball, really needs a run of games to get fully up to speed. Throwing him on late in these games does him no favours at all.

El Zoido

We look better when he plays, he should be starting. He presses really well, is great with his feet, good close control and technique, and weight of pass. He’s a very smart and tidy player who could progress greatly if he got more opportunities. Physicality is the only issue since he’s short and slight, but I don’t think that’s so much of a problem with the way the game is these days.