Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Castia

He’s got potential but isn’t getting the games it’s a bit bizarre

yorkshire red

It’s a strange one isn’t it, although given how many other players we have all demamnded be given a chance (only to turn out worse then the alternatives) you would presume the coaches see/know something we don’t, was a similar clamour for Pellestri earlier this year for example, surely he can’t be worse then what we have been served up lately though!
As a note didn’t actually mind Pellestri was more a comment on how the perspective on him changed overnight almost , quite unfairly in my eyes, hopefully the same doesn’t happen when amad gets his chance

RORY65

I'm not convinced he's quite good enough to make it here long term anyway but the lack of game time he's had given the continued underperformance of Antony (who hasn't been starting much but still getting plenty of minutes) and Rashford is a bit strange. He must be really shit in training because surely there's no other reason that Ten Hag wouldn't at least try him out in some of these games to see if he's got something, generally he's been fairly bright in his cameos.

caid

I'm not convinced he's quite good enough to make it here long term anyway but the lack of game time he's had given the continued underperformance of Antony (who hasn't been starting much but still getting plenty of minutes) and Rashford is a bit strange. He must be really shit in training because surely there's no other reason that Ten Hag wouldn't at least try him out in some of these games to see if he's got something, generally he's been fairly bright in his cameos.
Maybe hes more cut out for cameo's. Maybe he wouldn't last 90 mins and playing against tired legs suits him more. Maybe Garnacho cant do 90 mins because he's worn down after a long season and he'll get his chance. Maybe hes worried about how many inexperienced, relatively light weight players he has on the field, particularly up front.

Bobski

He is a good footballer but I am not seeing anything extra in his game yet.

Give him a few starts, Utd need to know with him.

Orange Tree

Tidy player, but needs to impose himself more in the game. I hope it comes with more game time.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s a quality player. Would love to see him with Mainoo in the future.

lost7

He kept the ball well and in a way that's kind of what we needed when he came on. He does need to do more with the ball at his feet though

KjaAnd

I'm not seeing it with him. To me, he looks like the same type of player as Antony - skilful, yes, but lacking the pace and physicality to be a top winger in the PL.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Amad needs to be getting more chances. No reason why we should be playing people injured instead of giving him a proper go.

yardieUnited

Imagine this guy under de zerbi.
He’s a quality player and ten haag needs to realize that.

Raven

I'm not seeing it with him. To me, he looks like the same type of player as Antony - skilful, yes, but lacking the pace and physicality to be a top winger in the PL.
Yeah because Bernardo Silva is known for his pace and strength.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He's actually got 2 feet and exhibits better decision making and ball striking than Antony which is the difference. Antony is far more of a one trick pony that's never going to have more than that trick which is where his demise is. I think those of us that are bulish on Amad actually see his future as an advanced 8 type rather than a true winger, but he needs to play a true run of games to get comfortable without the threat of being relegated to another month of bench time.

Oranges038

Tidy and looks after the ball well, you can see what a player like him adds when it comes to keeping the ball and rotating possession higher up the pitch.

Hopefully sees more minutes during the run it. He needs them.

TempusFugit

What's the justification for starting Antony ahead of him? He's miles better at EVERYTHING. Smoother on the ball, at least as hardworking and actually has vision unlike Antony. Ten Hag needs to stop with the favoritism and actually play the superior player.

As for the complaints that he didn't do enough, i agree with that. But it's tough to really impact the game when everything goes through our left flank and even then AWB isn't really a RB who will help you out offensively. Amad needs games to get into match rythm, i have no doubts that he's a really good player. He needs to play. I'd start him against Arsenal.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Would be ideal for a side that play Shirt intricate passes.

Pickle85

He's actually got 2 feet and exhibits better decision making and ball striking than Antony which is the difference. Antony is far more of a one trick pony that's never going to have more than that trick which is where his demise is. I think those of us that are bulish on Amad actually see his future as an advanced 8 type rather than a true winger, but he needs to play a true run of games to get comfortable without the threat of being relegated to another month of bench time.
But on the flip side Antony does more going the other way and covers more ground. Also, what leads you to believe he's better at ball striking than Antony. Neither have exactly set the world alight since joining on that front.

Trex

I'm not Antony's biggest fan but Amad is not doing anything to get opportunities over him.
I can think of two very good opportunities he created for Bruno the last two games. There was the square ball Bruno struck on the bar, and today there was a very accurate through ball Bruno miscontrolled. It's easy to miss it with him because he isn't a direct threat like a Garnacho, but his profile is valuable especially if you want to maintain possession in the final third, he could definitely do more but I see a lot of fine qualities and I think he needs significant game time to fully show his qualities.

RuudTom83

In the commentary I think I heard correctly that Antony has had 2 starts in 2024. So much like the Sancho vs Antony narrative, the Antony vs Amad is just as void.

Antony isn't blocking Amad...primarily it Garnacho and the Rashford as Garnacho gets switched sides when Rashford isn't playing.

Burnley on Saturday could be a good game for Amad if Rashford doesn't recover.

Alemar

At least Amad started to get game time, even if off the bench. Decent amount of minutes as well

Red Royal

Was OK today; but he deserves a run of games as he probably feels he has to really impress to stay in the team. Antony want bad but hope Amad starts next game.

laughtersassassin

I've seen enough to say he is undoubtedly better than Antony which is what I expected all along.

Any minutes Antony gets over him is now officially disgraceful.

Is Amad good enough himself to become a starter. Who knows but he has talent that's for sure.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I think his lack of pace is a real issue for our current system.

Would like to see him stay in the squad next season but don't share the 'OMG I can't believe he doesn't start' vibe some of you have on him.

NZT-One

He is a good footballer but I am not seeing anything extra in his game yet.

Give him a few starts, Utd need to know with him.
Exactly how I feel. Definitely should get more opportunities to show something but it is about time that he at least shows his potential to the team. He's clearly talented and has very good technique, question is, what can he do with it and does he have that x-factor that should be a prerequisite to get gametime to develop for a top club.

Bondi77

He is a better dribbler, can weight a pass better, has better vision and is a better finisher than Antony and yet he starts on the bench?????
When Rashford is fit he will go straight back on the LW and Alejandro will go on the right and then Erik will use Antony as the first sub for Alejandro or Marcus and hope Antony will improve so he can justify why he brought him to the club.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He is a better dribbler, can weight a pass better, has better vision and is a better finisher than Antony and yet he starts on the bench?????
When Rashford is fit he will go straight back on the LW and Alejandro will go on the right and then Erik will use Antony as the first sub for Alejandro or Marcus and hope Antony will improve so he can justify why he brought him to the club.

Its politics. ETH cant have another failure added to his failed list -- so he has to play our 4th (or 5th) most expensive player ever and not even play him. Also didn't Antony throw a strop recently?

Bondi77

Its politics. ETH cant have another failure added to his failed list -- so he has to play our 4th (or 5th) most expensive player ever and not even play him. Also didn't Antony throw a strop recently?
It will be one of the reasons why Erik will be sacked.

lex talionis

The gulf in class between Amad and Antony is surreal, yet ETH gives Amad crumbs while Antony continues to disgrace the shirt.