Amad Diallo - Atalanta winger

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Absolutely stupid, paying 25m on a player going directly to the reserves while we are crying for first team players. This board should be hit with eggs and rotten tomatos.
There's not a chance in hell a £30m player goes into the reserves. He might go on loan but that's about it.

Infra-red

Absolutely stupid, paying 25m on a player going directly to the reserves while we are crying for first team players. This board should be hit with eggs and rotten tomatos.
Knock yourself out - our head office is at 5 Stratton Street, Mayfair (right next to Green Park tube station).

KC91

He’s got real star potential. Great deal for all parties from my view.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
These type moves are very heartening to see because it's about not just this season but the coming seasons. I'm very happy with the potential moves being made.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He actually looks extremely exciting from the highlight clips, would love to see him in the first XI.

Infra-red

He actually looks extremely exciting from the highlight clips, would love to see him in the first XI.
He's got great close control and can definitely terrorise a fullback with his dribbling (usual youtube disclaimer applies). That puts him ahead of all of our current RW options in my view.

mu4c_20le

Has anyone asked the obligatory if he's so good then why hasn't anyone else gone for him yet?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He looks class and hopefully will be a good signing but once again with the typical what the fuk are the board at moment:

The window is open how long now?
Parma nearly signed him in the last few days and then we eventually act when it falls through?
if we were in for him a few weeks ago he’d have been able to join up by now instead of January. Even when we do something good it’s always by the skin of our teeth and looks like we just came up with the idea of getting this lad last week. Wtf?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems a bit small in stature.

Might need to be tested on a cold night at burnley.
In his highlight video he's seen playing in the snow.

Cold night at burnley has no match for a snow day in Burgamo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I've been screaming for this sort of transfers for years. Pre Dortmund Sancho, Zaniolo etc are what we should look at and Amad Traore is that type of player. However 30m is big big money for an 18 year old
Why am I thinking back to Rooney being 30m at 18 16 years ago.

Equal level players right? :wenger:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He looks class and hopefully will be a good signing but once again with the typical what the fuk are the board at moment:

Parma nearly signed him in the last few days and then we eventually act when it falls through?
if we were in for him a few weeks ago he’d have been able to join up by now instead of January. Even when we do something good it’s always by the skin of our teeth and looks like we just came up with the idea of getting this lad last week. Wtf?
He nearly joined Parma on loan, not permanently. I doubt our interest in the player if he went on loan somewhere. We probably would have just come back to it later.

jesperjaap

I've been screaming for this sort of transfers for years. Pre Dortmund Sancho, Zaniolo etc are what we should look at and Amad Traore is that type of player. However 30m is big big money for an 18 year old
We did that with Daniel James.......ufffffff

I agree with you with signing top young talents with huge potential. Fee is big though, when you consider CHiesa move to Juve, the obligation is £50m to buy....personally couldnt care about fees though.

What really concerns me about these kind of deals in our current side though....look at our best first eleven and on paper it isnt a bad side, but we have so many inconsistent players throughout the side and of course main problem with youngsters is inconsistency

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Why am I thinking back to Rooney being 30m at 18 16 years ago.

Equal level players right? :wenger:
I very much doubt it. However Italian clubs are very conservative in terms of giving youths a chance. They rarely throw an 18 year old in the deep end like British clubs do. They had been cases of course like Totti, Baggio and Maldini but they were rare.

Troare had already played for Atalanta scoring a goal in his debut. The guy was set to be sent on loan to Parma which is how Italian clubs tend to approach things.

Ali Dia

He nearly joined Parma on loan, not permanently. I doubt our interest in the player if he went on loan somewhere. We probably would have just come back to it later.
it still doesn’t explain why we didn’t go in for him earlier in the window and have his paperwork sorted on time. It’s a 30 million youth signing. At least get him into the youth team/u23 asap and get him bedded in. Seems reactionary as always.

DevilRed

I agree with you with signing top young talents with huge potential. Fee is big though, when you consider CHiesa move to Juve, the obligation is £50m to buy....personally couldnt care about fees though.

What really concerns me about these kind of deals in our current side though....look at our best first eleven and on paper it isnt a bad side, but we have so many inconsistent players throughout the side and of course main problem with youngsters is inconsistency
Wow chiesa is 50m? Thats pretty steep for a slightly above average italian winger.

Traore has promise. We need to develop that. Its a major gamble but at least its what we're good at doing.

devilish

I don't know what we were thinking about James. He was pace and workrate but nothing more. Traore is a baller. He's probably got more skill in his right toe then James in his entire body. I would have taken Chiesa BTW. That's the difference between having Paratici negotiating deals rather then Judge.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

It fell through because we acted.

Chairman Steve

I'm really hoping this is one of those players that previously would turn up at Everton, Leicester, Spurs etc, go under the radar for a season or so, then boom they're an assist/goal machine and we're wondering why weren't we in for him when he went there.

I'm liking this new proactive approach to the younger players. We can't just buy them from those three clubs like we did back in the noughties unless you want to pay MASSIVE premium. You have to go out and get them before they become a fixture in those teams.

jesperjaap

I will reserve judgement on someone that has barely played first team football and it wasn't that long ago the hype moise Keane was getting as one of the best young talents and he showed far more at first team level than what traore has done
Very true, I am all for these kind of deals like others....only good deals if the youngsters come good though e.g Daniel James

Moise Kean a very good example too, personally thought he would be a huge hit in the premiership

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
it still doesn’t explain why we didn’t go in for him earlier in the window and have his paperwork sorted on time. It’s a 30 million youth signing. At least get him into the youth team/u23 asap and get him bedded in. Seems reactionary as always.
Just because I can’t explain why, doesn’t mean the club can’t. This age of ‘why didn’t we do this deal at this date or that date’ commentary is rife. I imagine if you were lucky enough to have the opportunity to ask a board member, they would give you a logical strategy or financial answer why a player wasn‘t signed on a certain day. And then you’d say ‘oh, okay’ and it will be the end. What does it matter what day we sign a player? The level of detail, the way people want to be walked through every phone call or email we send is a bit much. Hundreds of millions of people can’t be kept in the loop of every twist and turn of every process. I just wish people would let the club be sometimes. Not every Wednesday signing requires an explanation as to why it wasn’t on a Tuesday. It is what it is, clubs will conduct business in the best way they can. It’s all just getting excessive with people who have no experience or insight behind the curtain constantly second guessing and criticising literally EVERYTHING.

Sorry for my rant, but I’m sick of the disharmony that is constantly manufactured around the club based on the accumulation of things like this. Sky Sports have pretty much pretty much dedicated their deadline day coverage to ‘let’s analyse what United are doing’.

jesperjaap

These type moves are very heartening to see because it's about not just this season but the coming seasons. I'm very happy with the potential moves being made.
Thats true....lets hope the next manager likes him too then

Ali Dia

Just because I can’t explain why, doesn’t mean the club can’t. This age of ‘why didn’t we do this deal at this date or that date’ commentary is rife. I imagine if you were lucky enough to have the opportunity to ask a board member, they would give you a logical strategy or financial answer why a player wasn‘t signed on a certain day. And then you’d say ‘oh, okay’ and it will be the end. What does it matter what day we sign a player? The level of detail, the way people want to be walked through every phone call or email we send is a bit much. Hundreds of millions of people can’t be kept in the loop of every twist and turn of every process. I just wish people would let the club be sometimes. Not every Wednesday signing requires an explanation as to why it wasn’t on a Tuesday. It is what it is, clubs will conduct business in the best way they can. It’s all just getting excessive with people who have no experience or insight behind the curtain constantly second guessing and criticising literally EVERYTHING.

Sorry for my rant, but I’m sick of the disharmony that is constantly manufactured around the club based on the accumulation of things like this. Sky Sports have pretty much pretty much dedicated their deadline day coverage to ‘let’s analyse what United are doing’.
we’ve done it to ourselves. “Watch this space” “United are relaxed about the Jadon Sancho deal etc” when it was clear we’ve been messing up left and right all window. Dembele is just more of it. All I asked was why didn’t we go for this lad on time to get his paperwork over the line. Not a lot to ask on a 30 million deal. It just feels like we started trying to push this deal through yesterday and if that’s the case then that’s really poor planning. Even a fan of our recruitment should be able to see that . Why not do it a month or 2 ago? It’s reactionary and I think it doesn’t really help the manager or the squad.

mu4c_20le

Youth footage or not, he looks closer to Mane than Sarr. Impressive end product and decision making for a 17 year old.

jesperjaap

Wow chiesa is 50m? Thats pretty steep for a slightly above average italian winger.

Traore has promise. We need to develop that. Its a major gamble but at least its what we're good at doing.
Personally liek Chiesa, would have been one of my top Sancho alternatives.

I don't know what we were thinking about James. He was pace and workrate but nothing more. Traore is a baller. He's probably got more skill in his right toe then James in his entire body. I would have taken Chiesa BTW. That's the difference between having Paratici negotiating deals rather then Judge.
Yes, I genuinely thought little of James even when he was scoring early on, just dont get it at all with him.

As for Traore, crazy to me people raving about him from the youtube videos. is promising what some of the fans and pundits in Italy say though, so time will tell

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yep, even if we're a shit show now, at least they're still actually stocking us with talent for the future.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm sure he's a good talent and all but the fact he joins in January is annoying. Needed a RW this summer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That and Juve are crooks in that league. They do whatever they want with impunity.

devilish

That and Juve are crooks in that league. They do whatever they want with impunity.
Juventus are everything that I hate in a club. If I can make a list of what made me a United fanatic and then you write the opposite of that then that would be Juventus. They are arrogant, they play dirty, they treat people like shit and they are cynical Tywin Lannister style. HOWEVER they are also greatly managed. I am not referring to their manager but to their board of directors. They have people who knows what they are doing and they are cutthroat. In fact their people are so good the club they hate them the most can't stop hiring them. Can you imagine if United went on to sign Kenny Dalglish and Carragher? Well Inter signed Marotta and Conte.

We should learn from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.