Amad Diallo - Atalanta winger

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Cue the “if he is so talented then why aren’t the other top teams in for him” posts.

Odin

What if the club decided Amad Traore is The One for the future? Maybe Atalanta saw him as their Ansu Fati, e.g. prospect not for sale?

Fast forward (!), and we have Covid19 all over us, with the fans/club pushing for Sancho as our no.1 target. The Sancho deal implodes, and the club come back for Traore as a "back-up" while also publicly negotiating with Pellistri and Dembele. Could it be that we got a better deal from Atalanta at 25 +15 (or whatever add-ons)? And it being an equally desirable outcome as getting Sancho for 95+15? And certainly better than not getting either? Time will tell, I guess.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If we can't get him for now, why are we pushing this deal today when we could be looking for short-stops for the RW? Willian to Arsenal looking like one of the deals of the window as each day passes.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Stop living in the past. Sancho is the real deal and we have skipped that to buy an unknown who has played no first team minutes. It’s more like the Dalot signing than Ronaldo.
How so? The only person who thought Dalot was 'that good' was Jose but he also bought Lindelhof and Bailly

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I'm all in favour of new signings and love taking a punt but why are we risking 25m on an unproven winger given our need for an established RW?

Naturally if he signs then great - one of us - but we do make some strange decisions.

Edit - Fee isn't that high but points still stand.

Inigo Montoya

I'm all in favour of new signings and love taking a punt but why are we risking 30m on an unproven winger given our need for an established RW?

Naturally if he signs then great - one of us - but we do make some strange decisions.
It's OK Woody has been to Lourdes to pray for Sancho....it's happening

Suv666

Whats the point of getting him in January. We need players now.

Giggsy13

This is a good signing. How many times do we watch young players go elsewhere and wonder why the feck our club wasn’t in on that. Traore could be that type of player.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Did Maxi watch all 25 minutes last season?

Fair play I'm sold now.
Maxi likely watched him play at youth level too which is something not many on here do hence fans asking to sign Lamptey when we have Laird.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we’d have signed him a few weeks ago would we have been able to get a work permit sorted or does it not work like that?

Inigo Montoya

This is a good signing. How many times do we watch young players go elsewhere and wonder why the feck our club wasn’t in on that. Traore could be that type of player.
Every fecking window. Now we look to be signing one the Caf thinks he's not worth it. Seen it all before

Judas

Open to offers
He's a fantastic signing for the future potentially, the problem is we're in the shit right now and he literally solves nothing. We still have to bring in a RW for the here and now, its as simple as that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Maxi likely watched him play at youth level too which is something not many on here do hence fans asking to sign Lamptey when we have Laird.
Absolutely love the sass in this post Adnan.

NJM78

It was more in jest to be fair. I'm just so fed up!

Also the amount of reserves, academy football I used to watch on mutv is rather sad.

SATA

I’m sold after watching his youtube vids. Quite impressive really. Anyone of you get the Sane vibes on this?

Giggsy13

Every fecking window. Now we look to be signing one the Caf thinks he's not worth it. Seen it all before
I’m shocked by some of the shit that’s posted on here some days. So many contradicting views. Yes the window is disappointing because we didn’t get Sancho but the U-18s and U-23s have seen a huge influx of talent from big clubs in Europe the past 2 years. Hannibal, Fernandez, Jurado and McNeil to name a few.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Greenwood is exceptional on the right? No he isn't, Salah I would class as exceptional.

Greenwood is adequate and a future no.9 star for us. He's learning his trade. Has a lot to learn, like tracking back which is a massive weak point.

We wouldn't be clamouring for a RW if he was 'exceptional'. The way we hype up our players and then just as quick to knock them down.
What Greenwood had done last season as Right sided forward was surreal. Don't forget that we're talking of an 18 year old here.

Redlyn

Wikipedia right now:

"He has joined Manchester United for a fee of £27million plus add ons. Ed Woodward signed him after he became desperate on the last day of the transfer window. Ed Woodward has been voted the worst chairman of all time."

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Wikipedia right now:

"He has joined Manchester United for a fee of £27million plus add ons. Ed Woodward signed him after he became desperate on the last day of the transfer window. Ed Woodward has been voted the worst chairman of all time."
:lol:

Inigo Montoya

What Greenwood had done last season as Right sided forward was surreal. Don't forget that we're talking of an 18 year old here.
I was really impressed by his attitude yesterday. He at least tried to take players on while our midfield and CBs gave up

Smores

I imagine United and you have different definitions of an ‘unknown’ footballer. You’re inability to grasp this is beyond me. WE obviously know a lot about him, hence why we’re spending big money on him. It is fine if you don’t. But just accept that you don’t.

In fact, I’ll simplify. What, in your opinion, is a reasonable price for Amad Traore? I’m curious to see what value you out on a player you know nothing about, yet seem qualified to determine what an unreasonable price is.
I can't be bothered with this back and forth over nothing. You think our scouts are so good that this fee doesn't represent a high risk punt, i do. Let's leave it at that.

Lee565

I will reserve judgement on someone that has barely played first team football and it wasn't that long ago the hype moise Keane was getting as one of the best young talents and he showed far more at first team level than what traore has done

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I can’t believe we are signing not one but two extremely highly rated young wingers, yet still refusing to allow Daniel James to leave. Likewise we are signing a new left back, yet refusing to allow Brandon Williams to leave. That is something that makes no sense to me.

Infra-red

Highlights videos can be deceiving, but his look absolutely great.

Dread to think were we might be by the time he actually joins us, though. Failure to sign a RW this summer is unforgivable.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I can't be bothered with this back and forth over nothing. You think our scouts are so good that this fee doesn't represent a high risk punt, i do. Let's leave it at that.
I don’t. I’m reserving judgement because I don’t know much about the player. You are not reserving judgement, despite not knowing about the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.