Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

Lelouch geass

Looking at that video he looks like Di Stefano, but you can’t judge looking a video

I am against this kind of expensive signings of unknown players, because history says it doesn’t work in the 99% of the times
Like for example you knew about Martial. Sorry did not mean sarcasm your half right.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Haha you went from knowing tidbits about Diallo to a Super Saiyan ITK in about a minute.

Hope everything you’ve said is true though :)
The thing about Diallo was more "facts" then the other things we talked about, he mentioned a 3 years plan and talked about it as a plan United had, in that plan there are things that already went wrong (like Sancho 2020).

But as I said, I was not sure when to ever mention that I knew this guy because I know it's wasting my time writing it here because no one will believe me (and I don't blame anyone for it, I wouldn't either probably).

Sad thing is I have many conversations on what's up but I can't upload them unfortunately.

But never mind, let's forget this about the agent, won't mention anything about it again. All good

macheda14

interesting but still a bit strange to make his debut in October 2019, score a goal and be lauded as youngest goal scorer of the season and then barely get a look in for the next 12 months (ye i know there was no football for half of that)

anyway I guess we will find out for ourselves in the new year
They were optimistically going for the title. There was no room for them to throw in an 18 year old player who doesn't fit their system.

romufc

The thing about Diallo was more "facts" then the other things we talked about, he mentioned a 3 years plan and talked about it as a plan United had, in that plan there are things that already went wrong (like Sancho 2020).

But as I said, I was not sure when to ever mention that I knew this guy because I know it's wasting my time writing it here because no one will believe me (and I don't blame anyone for it, I wouldn't either probably).

Sad thing is I have many conversations on what's up but I can't upload them unfortunately.

But never mind, let's forget this about the agent, won't mention anything about it again. All good
Its not about people not wanting to believe you, your contact may well be right. But we also did have alot of people close to Sancho, ITK's who said the deal was done, alot of journalist saying he was number 1 priority and literally everything a United fan wanted to hear.

In the end, we are looking like fools. How many Manutd fans were convinced Sancho was coming. You mentioned about going for Upemecano Sancho hard next year, we were meant to do that this year and this 3 year plan was mentioned when Ole came into the job.

So almost 1.5 years in the 3 year plan which should be half way there has been reset to another 3 years.

The problem is agents and everyone might be getting the right vibes from Ed and the gang but really they are not going to deliver. Ed has promised alot of things in the past and never delivered.

jackal&hyde

A small piece from the Athletic:

"The Ivory Coast teenager, who moved to Italy at a young age, is regarded by rival clubs, scouts and agents as one of the coups of the window, with one source describing him as "the next best thing to Barcelona's Ansu Fati""

Also that the terms were concluded several weeks ago, rather then being some panic buy.

It seems we have a real special player here.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Its not about people not wanting to believe you, your contact may well be right. But we also did have alot of people close to Sancho, ITK's who said the deal was done, alot of journalist saying he was number 1 priority and literally everything a United fan wanted to hear.

In the end, we are looking like fools. How many Manutd fans were convinced Sancho was coming. You mentioned about going for Upemecano Sancho hard next year, we were meant to do that this year and this 3 year plan was mentioned when Ole came into the job.

So almost 1.5 years in the 3 year plan which should be half way there has been reset to another 3 years.

The problem is agents and everyone might be getting the right vibes from Ed and the gang but really they are not going to deliver. Ed has promised alot of things in the past and never delivered.
https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/premier-league/solskjaers-frustration-nu-vill-han-varva-bada/

Today's Swedish news saying Ole is frustrated at Woodward for not bringing in Sancho this summer, but the plan now going all in for Sancho next summer and Halaand 2022. Not saying I know more then anyone here, I only now for sure that my good friends can be found on a lot pictures around important people from Man United, but example when we signed Lindlöf and 2 other players (can't reveal them because then you will find out that who I mean).

But take Matics quotes from yesterday about the players knowing more about tranfers then we realize and that they don't need to read the newspapers to know what's going on.

Again, I understand that 99.99% won't believe anything I say about my contact so that's why this was the first time I ever mentioned something I've heard and probably last.

But one thing we can agree on it's that we all would be amazed if we bring in Sancho/Upamecano 2021 and Halaand 2022.

On last thing, the plan as I've heard was never 3 year, the plan is to win the PL 2025 and compete got the CL (Henderson, Upamecano, Haaland, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood in their prime age + some new recruits and hopefully 2-4 of the new talents we have recruited the last 2-3 years).

pixel

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/premier-league/solskjaers-frustration-nu-vill-han-varva-bada/

Today's Swedish news saying Ole is frustrated at Woodward for not bringing in Sancho this summer, but the plan now going all in for Sancho next summer and Halaand 2022. Not saying I know more then anyone here, I only now for sure that my good friends can be found on a lot pictures around important people from Man United, but example when we signed Lindlöf and 2 other players (can't reveal them because then you will find out that who I mean).

But take Matics quotes from yesterday about the players knowing more about tranfers then we realize and that they don't need to read the newspapers to know what's going on.

Again, I understand that 99.99% won't believe anything I say about my contact so that's why this was the first time I ever mentioned something I've heard and probably last.

But one thing we can agree on it's that we all would be amazed if we bring in Sancho/Upamecano 2021 and Halaand 2022.

On last thing, the plan as I've heard was never 3 year, the plan is to win the PL 2025 and compete got the CL (Henderson, Upamecano, Haaland, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood in their prime age + some new recruits and hopefully 2-4 of the new talents we have recruited the last 2-3 years).
Totally legit.

Highfather_24

"The Ivory Coast teenager, who moved to Italy at a young age, is regarded by rival clubs, scouts and agents as one of the coups of the window, with one source describing him as "the next best thing to Barcelona's Ansu Fati""

Also that the terms were concluded several weeks ago, rather then being some panic buy.

If it was done so early, then why was Traore about to join Palermo on loan? And why are we having troubles with his work permit? Its because it was a last minute signing.

We might have scouted him for a long time, but we only went in for him after we failed with Sancho, Dembele and Sarr.

hungrywing

If it was done so early, then why was Traore about to join Palermo on loan? And why are we having troubles with his work permit? Its because it was a last minute signing.

We might have scouted him for a long time, but we only went in for him after we failed with Sancho, Dembele and Sarr.
They really do think the average fan is a moron going by some of these briefs.

When will they realize they're projecting.

MDFC Manager

They really do think the average fan is a moron going by some of these briefs.

When will they realize they're projecting.
Terms can be agreed for players regardless of actual intentions to sign up the said players immediately.

It would actually be daft if we don't have terms agreed for at least 1-2 backup targets apart from the primary one. I for one am glad that we are not that daft anymore.

Edit: admittedly we're still very far off from being perfect transfer window operators though.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

There’s no relevance to the 3 players you mentioned.

We wanted him as well as Sancho, right at the beginning.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

Wow. Sounds like Ronaldo level hype when we signed him.

thing to remember is it took Ronaldo 2 years to deliver consistently and 3 years before he was bossing it.

Highfather_24

There’s no relevance to the 3 players you mentioned.

We wanted him as well as Sancho, right at the beginning.
So you think we would have shelled out 90M(lets say) for Sancho, and also a further 20M for Diallo? in the same window?

After seeing our spending this window, I'm sceptical.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
So you think we would have shelled out 90M(lets say) for Sancho, and also a further 20M for Diallo? in the same window?

After seeing our spending this window, I'm sceptical.
I think we wanted to pay less for Diallo and obviously Sancho. We paid more for Diallo because we missed out on Sancho in the end.

Terrible business.

Mr PG

People, please stop dreaming. Glazers will not sanction 100m buy plus crazy wages for Sancho. United interest was only to see if Dortmund would accept lower fee. They're not stupid and can see where 80m for Maguire went and I support them. Both City and Chelsea could have gone for him if they really thought it was sensible but they didn't. The press will keep harping on....pay the money etc like they did for Maguire then later write articles about us overspending.
If Ole only wants players who want to be here and not for the money why did Sancho turn us down 2yrs ago when the fee was 8m, and then recently sign a new contract at Dortmund?

Highfather_24

Glazers will not sanction 100m buy plus crazy wages for Sancho. United interest was only to see if Dortmund would accept lower fee. T
So that why we chased him till deadline day? Ahh makes sense. Terrific planning.

And maybe that' why we were looking to loan Dembele .That's definitely not a player coming here for the money. Definitely not.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Italian journo, Michele Criscitiello quotes below.

He said, relayed by Area Napoli: “I tried in every way to suggest [Traoré] to Italian clubs. I was convinced he could make a difference everywhere. We are in the presence of a boy who is still very young, but with impressive growth potential. I was able to follow him for a long time, and I’m convinced he will explode in the short term”.

He added: “Despite my insistence, no Italian team has really focused on Traoré. The result? The player is gone to Manchester United for a total sum of €40m. Serie A has lost a player destined to become one of the best in his role”.

vanderpants

So that why we chased him till deadline day? Ahh makes sense. Terrific planning.

And maybe that' why we were looking to loan Dembele .That's definitely not a player coming here for the money. Definitely not.
Who said we chased him till the last day? The same media that reported it was a done deal a month ago?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think we wanted to pay less for Diallo and obviously Sancho. We paid more for Diallo because we missed out on Sancho in the end.

Terrible business.
The fee probably needed to be significant in order for him to be classified as a special talent and that way gain a work permit, and second, because he was (what I heard anyway) on his way to Parma on loan right up until the last moments of the window, so it was an 11th hour shuffle on the "recruitment team's" part, which of course makes deals more expensive.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Italian journo, Michele Criscitiello quotes below.

He said, relayed by Area Napoli: “I tried in every way to suggest [Traoré] to Italian clubs. I was convinced he could make a difference everywhere. We are in the presence of a boy who is still very young, but with impressive growth potential. I was able to follow him for a long time, and I’m convinced he will explode in the short term”.

He added: “Despite my insistence, no Italian team has really focused on Traoré. The result? The player is gone to Manchester United for a total sum of €40m. Serie A has lost a player destined to become one of the best in his role”.
Not sure how I feel about this because surely those clubs would have footballing experts who'd be a good judge of talent. On the other hand, Italy is not producing much high quality talent and therefore it's possible that some are slipping through the cracks.

macheda14

Not sure how I feel about this because surely those clubs would have footballing experts who'd be a good judge of talent. On the other hand, Italy is not producing much high quality talent and therefore it's possible that some are slipping through the cracks.
Also how many clubs were in the financial position to pay such a fee on a prospect during this market.

Dante

Average bang
We've already heard how he's lied on his birth certificate about his father. Hopefully he didn't lie about his age too. The more time he has for growth and development, the better it will be for United.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
We've already heard how he's lied on his birth certificate about his father. Hopefully he didn't lie about his age too. The more time he has for growth and development, the better it will be for United.
He was brought into the country illegally as a minor, so it’s harsh to say he lied. Fair play to the kid, he’s made a huge success of his life after fleeing hardship. Nothing but admiration for him and someone who’s gone through that is bound to be far tougher mentally. The step up won’t be daunting for him.

Dante

Average bang
He was brought into the country illegally as a minor, so it’s harsh to say he lied. Fair play to the kid, he’s made a huge success of his life after fleeing hardship. Nothing but admiration for him and someone who’s gone through that is bound to be far tougher mentally. The step up won’t be daunting for him.
Yeah, fair criticism. It was the wrong choice of word by me.

gajender

In this day and age it's not that difficult to check the information, he moved to Italy when he was 12 he has been in Italian youth system since 2014 he looks his age why you felt the need to make this remark is quite baffling.

Dante

Average bang
In this day and age it's not that difficult to check the information, he moved to Italy when he was 12 he has been in Italian youth system since 2014 he looks his age why you felt the need to make this remark is quite baffling.
How do you know that?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think I’m going to call him Armadillo. He looks very exciting anyway. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. I’ve heard he’s 2 footed also, him & Greenwood in the same team would be interesting.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How do you know that?
His Wikipedia says he started his career at Boca Barco in 2014, he was born in 2002 & Boca Barco is an Italian team, so, maths & geography?

Although I’m a secret Arsenal fan apparently, so maybe we’ll need a real United fan to confirm.

Highfather_24

Who said we chased him till the last day? The same media that reported it was a done deal a month ago?
No reliable reporter said it was a done deal. It was extensively reported we were in for Sancho till the deadline day, and even put in a very late bid. Why do you think only in the deadline day reports came out of us targeting other RW players like Dembele, Sarr etc. Because till then we were still trying for Sancho.

Toad

If you'd never seen Sancho at Dortmund and had to choose who was better from the two players from their time at City and Atalanta. Who would you choose from the YouTube highlights below?

I honestly wouldn't be able to say.

Sancho seems a lot more composed on the ball at that age for me. Diallo admittedly looks more exciting and I’d say he has a higher ceiling just by looking at those videos.
I’d say Sancho is and looks like he would develop into a more physical player that could cope with the Premier League. Hard to choose though, easy choice is Sancho but then the riskier choice being Diallo with what looks like a higher ceiling and an all round more exciting player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think it was more a combination of not many Italian teams play with wingers / wide forwards and the fact he’s under suspicion of being in Italy illegally so might not have been allowed to stay eventually.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Think it was more a combination of not many Italian teams play with wingers / wide forwards and the fact he’s under suspicion of being in Italy illegally so might not have been allowed to stay eventually.
Let's get him a blue passport!

Mr PG

My friend (NO it's not of those stories) is working for a pretty known agent and he told me that Amad Diallo Traore is something speciell and that we shouldn't be surprised if we see him play regularly already this season (as soon as he joins in Januari). He compared him to Sancho when it comes to play style. He said United signed him this year because they were afraid that he will be worth much more next summer and other clubs will start spending money again and United won't make the same mistake again on losing out on big talents.

I know 99.99% of you will believe this is all BS but I can swear on my family that everything I said about the agent is true.
I am a very good judge of talent(I honestly know I have the talent to be a top scout as when I watch players, certain quick things jump out at me) even from youtube videos and predicted Rashford would be a success here even before Van Gaal brought him to the first team. I got it wrong on Wilson, Keane and Januzaj (they were technically brilliant but lacked sufficient athleticism for the men's game (keane was due to injuries). Something I don't like about Sancho and he is a good player but not as good as United fans think. Sancho lacks stamina, yes he's brilliant on the ball but that and his price tag makes other top teams skirt him and would be a risky signing (witness his limited influence with england).
Fans have convinced themselves or bought into the story Guardiola was simply pissed Sancho left as the reason city never went back for him. How about Bayern munich and chelsea (they could easily afford Sancho). Guardiola must have calculated he could easily get much better value with Ferran Torres.

Diallo is close to Messi level technically (Messi looked way stronger and quicker even at 18) and I'm very sure he will make it at United but I'm not sure if his tiny size will limit his ceiling. The easy solution will be to play him alongside other technically brilliant players who can pass the ball to feet and move(Greenwood, Maguire, Bruno, Pogba, Martial, Fred stand out from current team). If we make him chase for the ball as in Mourinho teams then he will struggle. It's the same reason De Brune failed at chelsea but was brilliant in Germany and at City. It is also the same reason Sanchez failed here and Rashford and Martial looked quite average until Bruno arrived so he connects the dots for them.
Ole has signed all gems this window. Fans are moaning but Cavani(much better no.9 than we have), Pellistri, Diallo, Telles are very good buys. If Bayern or City had signed them we'd be envious and complaining that we never make such clever signings.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I am a very good judge of talent(I honestly know I have the talent to be a top scout as when I watch players, certain quick things jump out at me) even from youtube videos and predicted Rashford would be a success here even before Van Gaal brought him to the first team. I got it wrong on Wilson, Keane and Januzaj (they were technically brilliant but lacked sufficient athleticism for the men's game (keane was due to injuries). Something I don't like about Sancho and he is a good player but not as good as United fans think. Sancho lacks stamina, yes he's brilliant on the ball but that and his price tag makes other top teams skirt him and would be a risky signing (witness his limited influence with england).
Fans have convinced themselves or bought into the story Guardiola was simply pissed Sancho left as the reason city never went back for him. How about Bayern munich and chelsea (they could easily afford Sancho). Guardiola must have calculated he could easily get much better value with Ferran Torres.

Diallo is close to Messi level technically (Messi looked way stronger and quicker even at 18) and I'm very sure he will make it at United but I'm not sure if his tiny size will limit his ceiling. The easy solution will be to play him alongside other technically brilliant players who can pass the ball to feet and move(Greenwood, Maguire, Bruno, Pogba, Martial, Fred stand out from current team). If we make him chase for the ball as in Mourinho teams then he will struggle. It's the same reason De Brune failed at chelsea but was brilliant in Germany and at City. It is also the same reason Sanchez failed here and Rashford and Martial looked quite average until Bruno arrived so he connects the dots for them.
Ole has signed all gems this window. Fans are moaning but Cavani(much better no.9 than we have), Pellistri, Diallo, Telles are very good buys. If Bayern or City had signed them we'd be envious and complaining that we never make such clever signings.
As a stand alone player I don’t think Sancho is worth the fee touted. Yet for Utd he probably was because our right wing need is so acute. If that makes sense. With regards to your comments about Stamina, that is something nearly every player can develop to some degree. Some players naturally have larger lung capacity and bigger hearts, meaning their stamina ceiling is much higher, but through hard work and conditioning it is something every player can develop significantly. So my bigger concern with Sancho is his professionalism.

I agree that Diallo could prove to be a superb signing but there is so much that can happen in player development, that it’s very difficult to predict. And it’s unlikely to bear immediate fruit. It’s a signing I’m all for, but it should’ve been done in conjunction with an immediate addition in that department. We are one injury away from having a massive hole in our front line.