Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

Mark Pawelek

Can someone show me a video that "wows" me?

I've tried to find it but I'm not exactly seeing a 45 million player at the age of 18.

I've not watched him in game at all and I'm a pure youtube merchant so I'm waiting for that youtube clip.

I've been a little more impressed by Pellistri so far.
Because the initial fee is closer to £20m?

If it all works out and he becomes this £45 million player then OK. He was never touted as a "45 million player at the age of 18". I think he was actually 17 when United bought him too.

Red_toad

All I'm seeing with Diallo is a 360 turn done twice to be honest?

Pellistri atleast looks a bit like the player we thought Daniel James was going to be out wide on the right with a right foot. A nice centre of gravity and another poster said he reminded him of Kanchelskis and now I cant stop seeing it.

I'm not shooting our players at all but Amad Traore maybe I need to see him in our our games before Atalanta youtube videos because I'm not getting the whole dribbling like 'messi' thing.
Nothing like kanchelskis, he was power and pace, Pellistri is far more flair and skill.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Nothing like kanchelskis, he was power and pace, Pellistri is far more flair and skill.
I know he doesnt play like Kanchelskis because that gameplay is old but just an element of a part of his dribbling way reminds of him and as you say he is much more flair and skill aswell.

Terminator

Looks like a great prospect. Considering he has played less than 100 mins of senior first team football so far doubt he is going to feature much for us in the first 1-2 years.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I won't lie by saying that I watch Atalanta youths. However from what I know

A- Atalanta is the Oxford University version of Italian youth football. Diallo is the best of the bunch and had been so for quite some time. That's amazing for a foreign kid whose been played out of position and against players who are way older then him
B- Diallo's rise to prominence had been surprisingly quick.
C- United had been chasing the boy for an entire year. There was enough time for anyone to pick weaknesses in his game
D- Parma were furious that they couldn't get him on loan. If Atalanta is Oxford then Parma is Cambridge
E- Papu Gomez gaving a rave review of the kid. Italian based players tend to avoid praising promising kids. Its simply not their style. Also its rare for an Argentinian to mention a nation's treasure when describing the skills of a young player especially if that happens to be a foreign player
I read all your previous informative posts on him which were really great so I feel fully briefed on his background.

Sounds like he will extract every ounce of talent he has from himself and this move is a dream come true for him.

Ole is also one of the best PL managers with youth players and of course we are desperate for a RW so it’s a great match all round. Can’t wait to see him play, though will give him a long license to develop.

how much do you think he will he play this season? Guess it depends how he does, OGS made himself undropable when he first arrived, ditto Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, so who knows!

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive

I've tried to find it but I'm not exactly seeing a 45 million player at the age of 18.

I've not watched him in game at all and I'm a pure youtube merchant so I'm waiting for that youtube clip.

Jesus wept

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pellestri is very quick!

He uses his speed and body feints while dribbling just like Andre. Infact I haven't seen him use a skill move at all really, he just gets his head down and weaves in and out using his balance to dribble passed opponents.

They have a very similar dribbling style IMO.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

I genuinely don’t believe anyone can watch the clips of him and not be wowed. He’s gliding past people, evading challenges in a way very few players can do. It’s just obvious that the kid has supreme talent, to be honest if you can’t see that it’s on you.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I reckon he’ll play a decent amount. Think he’ll be quite good too.

We haven’t had a ball magnet dribbler in so long.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I genuinely don’t believe anyone can watch the clips of him and not be wowed. He’s gliding past people, evading challenges in a way very few players can do. It’s just obvious that the kid has supreme talent, to be honest if you can’t see that it’s on you.
Fair enough, I'm not pretending to be a scout or saying I have an eye for these things.

I'm just saying I just want to see the best video someone can find. So far I see a player with decent dribbling ability with some questionable defensive ability at the same time.

I'm still excited for him because once I see him playing live for us rather than youtube I can make my own assumptions up a bit more similar to pellestri once he started playing in England.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
All I'm seeing with Diallo is a 360 turn done twice to be honest?

Pellistri atleast looks a bit like the player we thought Daniel James was going to be out wide on the right with a right foot. A nice centre of gravity and another poster said he reminded him of Kanchelskis and now I cant stop seeing it.

I'm not shooting our players at all but Amad Traore maybe I need to see him in our our games before Atalanta youtube videos because I'm not getting the whole dribbling like 'messi' thing.
we’ll see then. Hopefully both turn out great.

AneRu

I read all your previous informative posts on him which were really great so I feel fully briefed on his background.

Sounds like he will extract every ounce of talent he has from himself and this move is a dream come true for him.

Ole is also one of the best PL managers with youth players and of course we are desperate for a TW so it’s a great match all round. Can’t wait to see him play, though will give him a long license to develop.

how much do you think he will he play this season? Guess it depends how he does, OGS made himself unstoppable when he first arrived, ditto Greenwood, so who knows!
I think his physicality will determine his fate, if he can his the ground running (a big if) then he gets a chance at making the position his or a squad role in rotation with Greenwood. If he is too lightweight I don't think Ole and the club will wait for him and will sign a RW in the summer (especially of Sancho becomes available on a cut price deal).

Red_toad

Pellestri is very quick!

He uses his speed and body feints while dribbling just like Andre. Infact I haven't seen him use a skill move at all really, he just gets his head down and weaves in and out using his balance to dribble passed opponents.

They have a very similar dribbling style IMO.
Watched Kanchelskis a lot more than anyone has watched Pellestri, I’ve yet to see any of the power and pace Andrei possessed. Guy had rockets in both feet, a lot of the time just kicked the ball past the defender and got to the ball first, he could dribble but his other attributes meant he generally didn’t have to.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Watched Kanchelskis a lot more than anyone has watched Pellestri, I’ve yet to see any of the power and pace Andrei possessed. Guy had rockets in both feet, a lot of the time just kicked the ball past the defender and got to the ball first, he could dribble but his other attributes meant he generally didn’t have to.
He's nothing like Kanchelskis..

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Quite agree. He was a speed merchant all over. Superb finisher with both feet too.
He was very direct with great pace and was brilliant at hugging the touch line which stretched teams and provided a outlet. Pellistri is a different player in profile.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's nothing like Kanchelskis..
Disagree personally, their dribbling style is very similar and their gate is almost identical.

certainly closer to him than David silva anyway!

Crashoutcassius

This signing is just going to be a disaster from the fans perspective. Everyone hates ole so looking for an agenda, there is ambiguity and tiered fee so people always saying he cost 45m, he won't play right away because it isn't FIFA but people will say he isn't ole players etc

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This signing is just going to be a disaster from the fans perspective. Everyone hates ole so looking for an agenda, there is ambiguity and tiered fee so people always saying he cost 45m, he won't play right away because it isn't FIFA but people will say he isn't ole players etc
We've been following him for the past 3 years, so I'd say this is a scout signing which everyone has agreed on.

Crashoutcassius

We've been following him for the past 3 years, so I'd say this is a scout signing which everyone has agreed on.
I'll wait and see if everyone agrees.... This is from a fan base so dense they were happy to believe our manager doesn't coach our team, I'm sure they can convince themselves an 18 year with 100 mins of football before joining us is a 50m flop

Dembeza

I'll wait and see if everyone agrees.... This is from a fan base so dense they were happy to believe our manager doesn't coach our team, I'm sure they can convince themselves an 18 year with 100 mins of football before joining us is a 50m flop
Are you sure you didn’t mean 55m flop?

prateik

The transfer fee is just a small part of the problem..
Those 200k/week wages over 6 years means another 60m down the drain.

GazTheLegend

This is the effect of Man Utd media transfer maths.

I can't believe we spent £10million on a transfer that only arrives in January. When we complete our £15million signing, if he doesn't jump straight in to the first team we are going to be seen to have wasted that £20million. And to be honest you expect at least a first team player for £25 million, with the add ons in particular. And if he's not in our squad by February people will be questioning the £35million we spent.

But personally I'm glad we spent £45 million on him. It's a gamble but the £60million is only half Jadon Sancho's fee and at £70million people would have complained if somebody else like Dortmund had got to him first.

Crashoutcassius

This is the effect of Man Utd media transfer maths.

I can't believe we spent £10million on a transfer that only arrives in January. When we complete our £15million signing, if he doesn't jump straight in to the first team we are going to be seen to have wasted that £20million. And to be honest you expect at least a first team player for £25 million, with the add ons in particular. And if he's not in our squad by February people will be questioning the £35million we spent.

But personally I'm glad we spent £45 million on him. It's a gamble but the £60million is only half Jadon Sancho's fee and at £70million people would have complained if somebody else like Dortmund had got to him first.
Hahahahaha never an 80m player