Diallo vs Pellistri

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
So we've essentially taken a punt on not just one but two right wingers, presumably because we failed to sign Sancho and now have little belief he'll join us in the future.

Consequently do we think either Diallo or Pellistri have the potential to make it at United. If so which one? Or will they just both turn out to be shite?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Precious few here will have seen either to make any sort of judgement whatsoever.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well they’ve got 5 games between them. It’s certainly a close one.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This will be interesting...People attempting to compare two players they no absolutely nothing about.

First to bullshit the way to a compelling argument wins.

Zoo

Pointless thread. Nobody will know.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The lad from Atalanta is seen as one of the most promising young wingers in world football. The Uruguayan is more of an unknown, potential hidden gem type.

Jezpeza

No one knows. Hopefully both become world beaters.

One thing i will say - hopefully this is the start of us getting the 100m pound players a season or two before they become worth that

sillwuka

No one knows. Hopefully both become world beaters.

One thing i will say - hopefully this is the start of us getting the 100m pound players a season or two before they become worth that
People have been crying out for us to do a Dortmund and buy undiscovered younger talents and we've just done that with 2 of them. Let's see

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Pellistri’s name is harder to spell and he has a funkier haircut. He is clearly the better signing here.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Like the look of Armadillo a lot. No idea about Fecund Palistrade.

El Zoido

Tough to call, I like Pellistri’s name a bit more. Sounds like a type of pasta. But then again Diallo is a bit like “Diablo”, it’s a close one.

Dante

Average bang
Diallo will cost up to €40m including addons. Pellistri is a €10m release clause signing.

Clearly expectations for Diallo will be higher. Pellistri cost less than Cavani's agent fees, ffs. They're dining at completely different tables.

el3mel

We have seen neither to judge. However it seems Diallo has the bigger potential considering we put more money into him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Based on absolutely nothing... I'll back Amad to be the one that makes it, because he's a Traore, and you can always rely on a Traore making it.

Pellistri however comes from Uruguay... Home of Luis Suarez... I instantly distrust him.

Ekeke

I think Diallo/Traore will make it somewhere. No idea if its in England or with us or what level. But I think he'll do as well as Januzaj at least and if he doesnt make it in our first team he'll at least have some great moments before moving on.

Pellistri I'm not sure he'll do as well as Real Sociedad as a next destination. Maybe. Thats my prediction for him based on literally youtube and his record in another league alone. So you can hold me to it but its not based on much.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This thread is unnecessary, but while we’re talking about them, I don’t see why we’ve got 3 talented but very young right wingers, or will have in Jan anyway.

croadyman

So we've essentially taken a punt on not just one but two right wingers, presumably because we failed to sign Sancho and now have little belief he'll join us in the future.

Consequently do we think either Diallo or Pellistri have the potential to make it at United. If so which one? Or will they just both turn out to be shite?
Maybe there is still belief we can sign him and these guys are going to be cover for the position IF it was to still happen next summer.

Chairman Steve

Is it fair to judge them on how much we paid for them in a way? Economies of South American teams and European teams are very different. £9m is quite a bit of money to a team like Penarol.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
These young-and-unknown signings are fun when they go straight into the first team squad. Less so if they have to go through the U23's first.

Will these guys be going straight into the first team squad? Is one more developed than the other? Does anyone actually know anything about them?

0le

One thing that hasn't been said much. It says a lot about what the club think about Chong.

Foxbatt

Based on absolutely nothing... I'll back Amad to be the one that makes it, because he's a Traore, and you can always rely on a Traore making it.

Pellistri however comes from Uruguay... Home of Luis Suarez... I instantly distrust him.
Home of Diego Forlan?

croadyman

The lad from Atalanta is seen as one of the most promising young wingers in world football. The Uruguayan is more of an unknown, potential hidden gem type.
Gutting we couldn't get this done earlier in the window then would have had time to get a work permit before January

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’d say Traore looks the more exciting of the 2 but I would love to have a skilful South American player here if he gets going. I’d say he’s too young to do anything much for us for a few years yet and he definitely needs to bulk up a bit.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Pellistri in my mind is the more talented as he's played at a higher level. Diallo is less proven right now.
That doesn't make him more talented. If you watch some footage of them both it's clear to me Diallo has more natural ability.

Paxi

Pellistri’s name is harder to spell and he has a funkier haircut. He is clearly the better signing here.
No he just needs a haircut. Nothing funky about it. Well possibly except for the smell.

Paxi

It’s straight from the 60/70’s, the era of funk. And funky isn’t a bad thing, at least in the parlance of the Americas.
Only Ben Askren is allowed to have that funk. Anyone else just looks like a hobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.