Diallo vs Pellistri

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJM78

I hope the one we are spunking a third of what Sancho would've cost makes it. Otherwise it will be a momentous fcuk up putting Bebe well in the shade.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Both great on FM this year if it's anything to go by!

Traore/Diallo has played 27 minutes of first team football yet we paid 19m pounds with add ones being another 18m pounds. 37m total is crazy huge for a player with that little experience, so they have to be absolutely convinced that he is a future star, and we've basically paid accordingly.
Pellistri has more experience, but as he's from Uruguay is naturally more unknown with less world wide exposure/less hype. Bringing him in now, he'll probably start in the youth team I would guess but he's turning 19 in December, so it's not like he's super young so I'm sure we're shortly looking to integrate him into the first team by next season.

If I had to put money on one of them making it, would obviously be Traore/Diallo due to the fee we paid for him. All we can go by.

Prodigal7

Just because both play on the right at the moment doesn't mean they can't play on either wing. Someone needs to at least motivate Rashford not to be happy moping about and refusing to do any kind of pressing.

Frank Grimes

Based on 10 minute YouTube clips of both I reckon Diallo looks the better player. He looks quicker and gets away from defenders more easily. Pellistri can dribble but rarely leaves defenders in his wake.

Ekeke

Roma also let Kluivert and Under go, 2 more RWs that surely we could have arranged a deal for including Smalling. So it will be interesting to track these 2 Vs. the former Roma wingers too. Maybe they'll both be far better... lets hope

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
That doesn't make him more talented. If you watch some footage of them both it's clear to me Diallo has more natural ability.
Sorry I misused my words. What I mean to say is Pellistri is currently more proven than Diallo. Actual talent? We can't say but Pellistri is (I think) the most expensive transfer from Uruguay. I could be wrong but starting for penoral at 18 ain't a joke.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
So we have just added 3 more South Americans to our long list of South American duds and reserve team players.

Possebon
Klerberson
Di Maria
Falcao
Rojo
Fred
R Silva
F Silva
Forlan
Heinze
Romero
Valencia
Tevez
Veron
Sanchez
A Pereira
Anderson

Apart from Tevez, Rafael, and Valencia, who were all okay first teamers, the rest were shockingly bad signings (Granted Romero has been a great back up keeper). I expect Cavani to hardly play the next 2 seasons, and the other 2 SA's we signed tonight to wither away into mediocre obscurity in a few months. We secured Champions league football and instead of securing the right players and strengthening the squad within the last 10 weeks we ended up making 4 desperate deadline signings after getting bummed by Palace and Spurs. Tonight has been the end of the worst transfer window in living memory. Anyone who says otherwise is on a wind up.

Mr PG

Pellistri is clearly a no. 10. Diallo a winger. Both much better on the ball im tight spaces than say Rashford and Martial.

NJM78

Pellistri is clearly a no. 10. Diallo a winger. Both much better on the ball im tight spaces than say Rashford and Martial.
Martial has amazing feet in tight spaces. Rashford is a bit more hit and miss.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
We secured Champions league football and instead of securing the right players and strengthening the squad within the last 10 weeks we ended up making 4 desperate deadline signings after getting bummed by Palace and Spurs. Tonight has been the end of the worst transfer window in living memory. Anyone who says otherwise is on a wind up.
Who is to say we wouldn't have signed Cavani, Telles, Amad and Facundo even if Palace and Spurs had only fondled our plums?

Not on a wind up, it's been a good window.

MuFc_1992

Based on absolutely nothing... I'll back Amad to be the one that makes it, because he's a Traore, and you can always rely on a Traore making it.

Pellistri however comes from Uruguay... Home of Luis Suarez... I instantly distrust him.
I'd say both Adama and Bertrand Traore didn't make it at Barca and Chelsea.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Already writing them off as a duds.

Incredible.

So we have just added 3 more South Americans to our long list of South American duds and reserve team players.

Possebon
Klerberson
Di Maria
Falcao
Rojo
Fred
R Silva
F Silva
Forlan
Heinze
Romero
Valencia
Tevez
Veron
Sanchez
A Pereira
Anderson

Apart from Tevez, Rafael, and Valencia, who were all okay first teamers, the rest were shockingly bad signings (Granted Romero has been a great back up keeper). I expect Cavani to hardly play the next 2 seasons, and the other 2 SA's we signed tonight to wither away into mediocre obscurity in a few months. We secured Champions league football and instead of securing the right players and strengthening the squad within the last 10 weeks we ended up making 4 desperate deadline signings after getting bummed by Palace and Spurs. Tonight has been the end of the worst transfer window in living memory. Anyone who says otherwise is on a wind up.

Ranchero

So we've essentially taken a punt on not just one but two right wingers, presumably because we failed to sign Sancho and now have little belief he'll join us in the future.

Consequently do we think either Diallo or Pellistri have the potential to make it at United. If so which one? Or will they just both turn out to be shite?
There is no point in discussing because they have no form. They can both go into the youth ranks and we will see. We might as well ask which of our Academy squad do we think will make the grade. Because that is where they will be playing.

Neither are major signings. They are mere punts.

izec

I am in the Pellistri camp. He will join now, so lets see.

Amad is probably more talented by reports, fee and youtube. Both will have pressure on them, but both should have a good base to make it here. Lets see, i am confident one of them will be in the first team for longer periods easily

Sparky Rhiwabon

They’re both around the same age as Greenwood aren’t they (would all have been in the same year at school)? So can throw him into this conversation as well.

Who is the highest rated globally out of the two? Or the three if you include Greenwood?

spiriticon

I don't know who either of these 2 are, and I will get on my knees and thank god if either of them manages to get 5 assists for the first team within the next 5 years.

SteveW

One that dribbles like Messi against another who apparently is like trying to play against Messi in training.

So basically it's Messi vs Messi.

Thread is therefore pointless.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I arbitrarily choose team Diallo and from here on in will be shitting on Pellistri at every given opportunity.

SteveW

Both great on FM this year if it's anything to go by!

Traore/Diallo has played 27 minutes of first team football yet we paid 19m pounds with add ones being another 18m pounds. 37m total is crazy huge for a player with that little experience, so they have to be absolutely convinced that he is a future star, and we've basically paid accordingly.
Pellistri has more experience, but as he's from Uruguay is naturally more unknown with less world wide exposure/less hype. Bringing him in now, he'll probably start in the youth team I would guess but he's turning 19 in December, so it's not like he's super young so I'm sure we're shortly looking to integrate him into the first team by next season.

If I had to put money on one of them making it, would obviously be Traore/Diallo due to the fee we paid for him. All we can go by.
He's been playing Copa Libertadores for Penarol so he should be more than ready for some first team football here. If he trains well he'll make the benches I reckon and go from there.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Based on their names, I would go with Facundo
based on our previous south american experiments I have some concerns over pellestri :nervous:

Varella.... Rojo...Possebon...Fabio
............Kleberson...Veron..............
Pellestri.............................Di Maria
.............Sanchez......Falcao

MDFC Manager

I hope the one we are spunking a third of what Sancho would've cost makes it. Otherwise it will be a momentous fcuk up putting Bebe well in the shade.
Eh? Sancho wasn't costing us 60m euros.

MDFC Manager

Diallo 40m euros including add ons.
Sancho 120m euros.
If we end up paying the full addons or Diallo, he'd have made it here. Until then, the cost is 20m euros.

Dortmund wanted 120m euros unconditionally, ie no addons.

Siorac

Diallo 40m euros including add ons.
Sancho 120m euros.
The "including add-ons" part is significant though. We don't know what those add-ons are but generally they tend to be performance-related, such as the player playing certain number of games, scoring a certain amount of goals, or winning major trophies. So there's no guarantee we'll have to actually pay that. Whereas we do know that Dortmund wanted a guaranteed €120m for Sancho.

Bondi77

Could be like back in the day when we had Sharpe and Giggsy on the wing.

Judas

Open to offers
I've got certain hopes and expectations of Diallo doing well, Pellistri feels more like a free hit even if he's getting thrown in the deep end.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Are they even ready to play for the first team??
well one of them does not join till January - hes been an unused sub in 3 serie a games this season and played 24 minutes in the competition last season - so Im going to guess no
Pellestri? - from the videos Ive seen I think he might struggle physically

That said we are an injury or two away from them being in the team

Gut feel but this season Chong is probably more ready than both - though I hope they both prove me wrong

with these additions + Shortire, Forson, Mejrib, Hoogenwarf, Hughill, Mcneil, Garnacho and of course Greenwood it would be nice to think that we are going to have a few attckers come through and make an impact over the next few years but if anybody other than greenwood starts 10 games PL this season Id be very surprised

NJM78

If we end up paying the full addons or Diallo, he'd have made it here. Until then, the cost is 20m euros.

Dortmund wanted 120m euros unconditionally, ie no addons.
Ok I have just seen latest which is €21m upfront and €20m add ons. That is better. Originally it was quoted as 25+15.

Yes I was including add ons but as many on here said if he achieves them he would have been successful so that will be great but we still end up spending €41m.

With Sancho the upfront cost makes sense, he is probably in the top three players in the Bundesliga and most experts saying he will go on to become a great player. He is young, English, proven and very marketable.

Maybe Diallo will become a great but looking like Messi in training but only playing 26 minutes... it's a huge risk. I actually think the money we are paying is Sancho equivalent based on the current status of both.

Anyway I'm pinning my hopes on this guy becoming really good as opposed to the much lesser risk and price of Pellistri, although obviously I hope both do really well for us.

Castia

I don't know who either of these 2 are, and I will get on my knees and thank god if either of them manages to get 5 assists for the first team within the next 5 years.
Traore just cost us 40m I’m expecting him to challenge for a starting spot from the off (in January)

MDFC Manager

Ok I have just seen latest which is €21m upfront and €20m add ons. That is better. Originally it was quoted as 25+15.

Yes I was including add ons but as many on here said if he achieves them he would have been successful so that will be great but we still end up spending €41m.

With Sancho the upfront cost makes sense, he is probably in the top three players in the Bundesliga and most experts saying he will go on to become a great player. He is young, English, proven and very marketable.

Maybe Diallo will become a great but looking like Messi in training but only playing 26 minutes... it's a huge risk. I actually think the money we are paying is Sancho equivalent based on the current status of both.

Anyway I'm pinning my hopes on this guy becoming really good as opposed to the much lesser risk and price of Pellistri, although obviously I hope both do really well for us.
I can see what you're saying, but guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the bolded part.

Though, like you said, I would have also definitely preferred us signing Sancho. I think we did not have the kind of money Dortmund wanted for him though.

NJM78

The "including add-ons" part is significant though. We don't know what those add-ons are but generally they tend to be performance-related, such as the player playing certain number of games, scoring a certain amount of goals, or winning major trophies. So there's no guarantee we'll have to actually pay that. Whereas we do know that Dortmund wanted a guaranteed €120m for Sancho.
Of course it's all good for us if he achieves them. I still think it's a huge risk at €21m. Also if we have been scouting him since 15 why did it take him almost going on loan to Parma for us to pay a deadline deal. Why not buy him weeks ago? Obvious answer for me is, we were never going to buy him if we got Sancho.

Anyway it's all speculative and I was from day one saying Sancho wouldn't join us. So I'm not pissed we signed either of these kids. Just think the whole of yesterday was a farce as far as I'm concerned with regards to strengthening us now, when it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.