Diallo vs Pellistri

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Never knew these two kids existed up until a few days ago but I am absolutely certain they will both prove to be world class. Jadon who?

Siorac

Of course it's all good for us if he achieves them. I still think it's a huge risk at €21m. Also if we have been scouting him since 15 why did it take him almost going on loan to Parma for us to pay a deadline deal. Why not buy him weeks ago? Obvious answer for me is, we were never going to buy him if we got Sancho.

Anyway it's all speculative and I was from day one saying Sancho wouldn't join us. So I'm not pissed we signed either of these kids. Just think the whole of yesterday was a farce as far as I'm concerned with regards to strengthening us now, when it matters.
Well, yes, the whole window was a farce, apart from the smooth deal for van de Beek.

Also, even if we had got Sancho we might still have signed Diallo, just not this summer.

DRM

Jesus, thats a lot of money for diallo who's only played 3 first team games!!! Lets hope he's something special and not another marital

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
well one of them does not join till January - hes been an unused sub in 3 serie a games this season and played 24 minutes in the competition last season - so Im going to guess no
Pellestri? - from the videos Ive seen I think he might struggle physically

That said we are an injury or two away from them being in the team

Gut feel but this season Chong is probably more ready than both - though I hope they both prove me wrong

with these additions + Shortire, Forson, Mejrib, Hoogenwarf, Hughill, Mcneil, Garnacho and of course Greenwood it would be nice to think that we are going to have a few attckers come through and make an impact over the next few years but if anybody other than greenwood starts 10 games PL this season Id be very surprised
Thank you. We we put Ighalo on the right wing and problem sorted.

Adcuth

If they're good enough they'll shine. Throw them in and see if they sink or swim

CG1010

For this season I don't expect either of them to feature much beyond a few games post-March in FA Cup (if we are still there).

Diallo is playing in Europe already but Pellistri has more first team experience (albeit in Uruguay). YouTube videos suggest Diallo to be the more talented one but then Wilson was more talented than Rashford so who knows?

RUCK4444

For this season I don't expect either of them to feature much beyond a few games post-March in FA Cup (if we are still there).

Diallo is playing in Europe already but Pellistri has more first team experience (albeit in Uruguay). YouTube videos suggest Diallo to be the more talented one but then Wilson was more talented than Rashford so who knows?
Really? We chucked Dan James in who only had Championship experience.

I reckon we may see more of them than we think.

I like the look of Diallo more from the little I’ve seen on YouTube.

CG1010

Really? We chucked Dan James in who only had Championship experience.

I reckon we may see more of them than we think.

I like the look of Diallo more from the little I’ve seen on YouTube.
Dan James was older and I think Championship experience is also much more established than either of them have now. Plus we now have more established players including Greenwood too compared to when James started.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Comparing our own players and creating partisan groups around them is what Redcafe is.. if you take that away then all that will be left is the generals
Fair enough :lol:

Right I’m going for team armadillo!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Wilson was not more talented than Rashford. He had some very good attributes to be a striker but Rashford was always a much more complete player.

RUCK4444

Dan James was older and I think Championship experience is also much more established than either of them have now. Plus we now have more established players including Greenwood too compared to when James started.
Yeah I don't think they will be regulars but I think Ole will use them for rotation and indeed if Dan James is out of favour with the manager (not sure but he was strongly linked away and apparently blocked by the board) then perhaps Ole will use these lads instead of James.

Alemar

based on our previous south american experiments I have some concerns over pellestri :nervous:

Varella.... Rojo...Possebon...Fabio
............Kleberson...Veron..............
Pellestri.............................Di Maria
.............Sanchez......Falcao
This could be a better squad than what we have now, especially if you put Rafael in place of Varela and consider inclusions of Heinze, Forlan and Cavani. And of course with Romero in goal we have an entire starting XI of South Americans, with quite a few options also on the bench :)

Mark Pawelek

Gut feeling tells me Diallo
Youth and tricks are on Diallo's side. But why stop at comparing only 2?

Age​
D-o-B​
Foot​
Speed​
(ordered by age)​
Tahith Chong​
20​
4 Dec 1999​
left​
fast​
Pure winger so far​
Mason Greenwood​
19​
1 Oct 2001​
both​
fast​
More of a CF, or inside forward. LW or RW​
Shot!​
Facundo Pellistri​
18​
20 Dec 2001​
both​
fast​
RW or AM​
Anthony Elanga​
18​
27 Apr 2002​
right​
rapid​
Pure winger so far. LW or RW​
Speed!​
Amad Diallo​
18​
11 Jul 2002​
left​
OK​
RW or AM​
Tricks!​
Noam Emeran​
18​
24 Sep 2002​
left​
OK​
More of a CF, or inside forward​
Mateo Mejia​
17​
14 Feb 2003​
left​
OK​
More of a CF, or inside forward​
Shola Shoretire​
16​
2 Feb 2004​
right​
fast​
Too early for me to say​
Isak Hansen-Aaröen​
16​
22 Aug 2004​
right​
OK​
RW or AM​

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Diallo just based on the fact that he's shaved his hair.

We can't have long locks in the team, practically all of them failed ever since Beckham left.

flappyjay

If we end up paying the full addons or Diallo, he'd have made it here. Until then, the cost is 20m euros.

Dortmund wanted 120m euros unconditionally, ie no addons.
The structure of the deals also must have been much easier than paying 120m all upfront.

Alemar

Are they even ready to play for the first team??
They are better than Daniel James. So if James is ready, so are they. Whether or not they are ready to start is another question - probably not, but as a squad/rotation players it’s fine

romufc

Dortmund wanted 120m euros unconditionally, ie no addons.
This is a good point, no one should critise the club for not paying that money.

I think the frustration comes from the way we conducted ourselves.

Diallo is only 2 years younger than Sancho, if he can fulfil his talent, never know we might not even need to go back in for Sancho.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
They are better than Daniel James. So if James is ready, so are they. Whether or not they are ready to start is another question - probably not, but as a squad/rotation players it’s fine
Curious how you come to know that they are better than James. Especially a lad with absolutely zero experience in Europe and less than stellar numbers. Not saying he's bad or anything, theres just no way predicting.

ovoxo

I think as many have said that Pellistri seems like a CAM long term and Diallo looks like a top talented RW.

My hope is that Diallo becomes the Ronaldo of 2003, where it seemed like we’d get Ronaldinho(Sancho) but we ended up with Ronaldo. Granted Ronaldo played way more than Diallo has done. Still, it’d be nice to dream.

I do think if you take away the crap of the Sancho fiasco, these are two very exciting signings.

Alemar

Curious how you come to know that they are better than James. Especially a lad with absolutely zero experience in Europe and less than stellar numbers. Not saying he's bad or anything, theres just no way predicting.
I reject to even try to believe our coaches would be interested in Buying a wide attacker who is not better than Daniel James. The bar is too low here - it’s not being better than Sancho

DavelinaJolie

That they have so little experience is a concern but I can't fault Utd taking a punt on them, hope it works out!

ovoxo

According to Jamie Jackson both will be going into the first team.

MDFC Manager

This is a good point, no one should critise the club for not paying that money.

I think the frustration comes from the way we conducted ourselves.
This! They led us (fans) on, giving a feeling that they were in for him till the end.

Remember the geese

Irrespective of price tags and purely going on Youtube footage, I think Diallo looks the bigger talent. Will be interesting to see how it pans out though.

Although a little younger, I have a feeling that Kambwala will become a big player for us too. Really exciting bunch of 16/17/18 year olds we have at the club.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It is a bit weird how we sign a 15-17 year old with no attention, mostly because it wont count as first team signing, then we choose to sign two 18 year olds on deadline day like it's supposed to be a whole lot different. I mean, I do like that we're investing in youth prospects and maybe these are top gems that we're first in line to get because we pulled the trigger, however you also get the feeling these guys will be judged way more harshly than any kid should be. It'a really the thing that we didn't get Sancho, so on the basis of that they now 'have to prove they were a better investment than him', which is ridiculous position to put them in.

Chief123

Is it fair to judge them on how much we paid for them in a way? Economies of South American teams and European teams are very different. £9m is quite a bit of money to a team like Penarol.
That’s probably the worst measure we could use for Utd considering we paid 80m for Maguire and 50m for AWB.

AndersB

Based on absolutely nothing... I'll back Amad to be the one that makes it, because he's a Traore, and you can always rely on a Traore making it.

Pellistri however comes from Uruguay... Home of Luis Suarez... I instantly distrust him.
Hate to break it to you like this, but we recently signed a fella named Edinson Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.