g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think he'll be introduced gradually and it'll be very interesting to see how he develops at the club in the next 12 to 18 months. He's shown touch and technique of a very high level for a player his age. But what I really like about him is, along with his fantastic ability on the ball, he's also very good at linking the play whilst cutting in-field which opens up many possibilities which drags opposition players out of position and opens up space for the fullback.

I've only ever seen him play at youth level so I'm expecting him to be introduced gradually over the coming months. But if some of you folk are correct and he hits the ground running at first team level then we will go very close to winning the league IMO.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he'll be introduced gradually and it'll be very interesting to see how he develops at the club in the next 12 to 18 months. He's shown touch and technique of a very high level for a player his age. But what I really like about him is, along with his fantastic ability on the ball, he's also very good at linking the play whilst cutting in-field which opens up many possibilities which drags opposition players out of position and opens up space for the fullback.

I've only ever seen him play at youth level so I'm expecting him to be introduced gradually over the coming months. But if some of you folk are correct and he hits the ground at first team level then we will go very close to winning the league.
I think he'll have to wait a while for his first chance, but when he gets his chance and we see that we finally have a natural right-sided attacker he'll make that slot his own. I would be surprised if there were any other players used there in a 4231 besides him and Mason from January onwards.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think he'll have to wait a while for his first chance, but when he gets his chance and we see that we finally have a natural right-sided attacker he'll make that slot his own. I would be surprised if there were any other players used there in a 4231 besides him and Mason from January onwards.
I'm thinking the same mate.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
There is no way we won’t be going back in for Sancho in the summer. Ducker’s article today repeating that - he is a top priority and his form hasn’t put us off. I think going into next season we’ll have some top quality options with James and Lingard both leaving.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There is no way we won’t be going back in for Sancho in the summer.
I don't think we will if Dortmund won't significantly drop their price. We've started to figure out that buying them to develop them makes more sense and Ole is probably the reason for that. I can't imagine we drop 100m on Sancho at this stage. Nor do I believe anyone else will. Will be interesting to see what Dortmund do though.

GledTheRed

I don't think we will if Dortmund won't significantly drop their price. We've started to figure out that buying them to develop them makes more sense and Ole is probably the reason for that. I can't imagine we drop 100m on Sancho at this stage. Nor do I believe anyone else will. Will be interesting to see what Dortmund do though.
I hope he leaves on a free i really do.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sure its all matter of personal opinion, if you don't rate him as high, its perfectly fine. Personally I think he has more raw talent than Sancho at same age, but talent alone does't make good player. At this age he is still unproven.
I'm not saying he's not going to be that player. I'm saying you can't possibly know that yet. Unless you have access to Atlanta's youth team games. Do you?

YouTube montages can make any player that good.

United58

Not expecting much in his first season; double figures for goals and assists towards title 21, is that too much to ask?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The truth is none of us know how quickly he will be introduced. He could turn up to training on day one and look the real deal and Ole might think he deserves some minutes straight away. Likewise he’s a young kid so there could well be a learning and growth period in which he’s simply not ready for Premier League football.

What I think we can’t deny is the talent of the kid. When you watch the clips of him it’s clear to see he’s got something pretty special and that combined with the scout reports makes for exciting viewing. Personally I think he could surprise afew people and have an impact even in this campaign.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Two years on his deal next summer following a pretty poor season thus far after refusing his move. They’d be mad to turn down the 60m-70m I’m sure we’d be willing to pay in a post COVID market. We’ve been after him since he left City - that hasn’t gone away just because we’ve signed an unproven 18 year old. Both of them can play across multiple positions anyway.

JohnnyKills

Yeah no-one is spending 100 million on Sancho, or probably anyone else this coming summer. The current transfer record will probably be there for a while.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I don't know about that. Ole has recently used Rashford there quite a lot. Everytime he'd want to start with Cavani Ole will always put Rashford on the right.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Two years on his deal next summer following a pretty poor season thus far after refusing his move. They’d be mad to turn down the 60m-70m I’m sure we’d be willing to pay in a post COVID market. We’ve been after him since he left City - that hasn’t gone away just because we’ve signed an unproven 18 year old. Both of them can play across multiple positions anyway.
We've actually signed 2 talented kid since the times we were desperate for Sancho and Greenwood would be going into his third full season with added experience. Not to mention Ole has figured he could play Rashford on the RW if needed.

Sancho's acquisition isn't as urgent and desperate as it's was a few months ago, that it's conceivable to see the club not pursue him anymore going forward.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'm not saying he's not going to be that player. I'm saying you can't possibly know that yet. Unless you have access to Atlanta's youth team games. Do you?

YouTube montages can make any player that good.
Not really. I've never really seen a young player that good in youtube montage. And as I've said, his limited appearance in serie A has also been equally impressive.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
We've actually signed 2 talented kid since the times we were desperate for Sancho and Greenwood would be going into his third full season with added experience. Not to mention Ole has figured he could play Rashford on the RW if needed.

Sancho's acquisition isn't as urgent and desperate as it's was a few months ago, that it's conceivable to see the club not pursue him anymore going forward.
Not for me. We need a right winger. We should be going into next season with a squad capable of challenging for the title for the first time since SAF left and to do that we need a starting DM, RW and CB. These kids are very exciting and will hopefully come good but I really don’t get the fascination people have over thinking because we have x who is 18 and played 40 minutes of senior football we shouldn’t get y. Sancho is an elite level talent that Ole wants, he wants to come to us and plays in a position we’re lacking. We should be signing him. It’s the same thinking when Haaland was linked to us and people said no because we had martial. Competition is key to getting a winning culture back into the club. It’s what drove the SAF era - nobody should rest on their laurels and think they’re guaranteed a place regardless of form.

mav_9me

You're getting me all giddy. If we can get Sancho for 70m that would be amazing business. Dortmund have tough decisions to make this summer. I would actually go for Sancho in Jan.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we go to Dortmund with a big cheque it absolutely needs to be for Haaland.

Red_toad

It’s the same thinking when Haaland was linked to us and people said no because we had martial.
His fans don’t see the club as being bigger than the player! Haaland would have been a very good fit for our style of play. Martial for me is still better playing on the left side of attack.

As for Diallo, maybe Ole sees him as a Ronaldo in the making, so he’ll be fighting out with Greenwood for a starting spot? We’ve gone for very few options, to Rashford, James, Diallo, Greenwood and Pellistri for the right side of attack.

hungrywing

I like how his performances thread is already seventeen-pages long.

Ah, those precious few times when your best Christmas present doesn't believe in Christmas.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
The truth is none of us know how quickly he will be introduced. He could turn up to training on day one and look the real deal and Ole might think he deserves some minutes straight away. Likewise he’s a young kid so there could well be a learning and growth period in which he’s simply not ready for Premier League football.

What I think we can’t deny is the talent of the kid. When you watch the clips of him it’s clear to see he’s got something pretty special and that combined with the scout reports makes for exciting viewing. Personally I think he could surprise afew people and have an impact even in this campaign.
User name checks out.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Ah, those precious few times when your best Christmas present doesn't believe in Christmas.
Speaks better english than Harry Kane already. This guy is gifted.

AneRu

There is no way we won’t be going back in for Sancho in the summer. Ducker’s article today repeating that - he is a top priority and his form hasn’t put us off. I think going into next season we’ll have some top quality options with James and Lingard both leaving.
If this kid shows enough to match what Rashford/Martial were doing in 2016/17 then we won't have a reason to go for Sancho. Grealish and Haaland would be more influential to transforming the team and that's where our focus should be, assuming we get the CB sorted next month.

Dante

Average bang

Only just seen his flag. I never knew he was Irish.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
If this kid shows enough to match what Rashford/Martial were doing in 2016/17 then we won't have a reason to go for Sancho. Grealish and Haaland would be more influential to transforming the team and that's where our focus should be, assuming we get the CB sorted next month.
It’s taken Rashford 5 years to get close to the consistency we need from a starter to be challengers. I’d argue Martial isn’t even there yet. When do we actually plan on winning stuff again? He’s 18 years old with 40 minutes of first team football - He shouldn’t be walking into our first team. The fact everyone expects him too shows how utterly inept our right side is. And Sancho can play in every position Grealish does. Why would Amad mean we shouldn’t sign Sancho but should still sign Grealish? Yes, we need a striker, CB and DM too. We should be signing whoever our targets are in those positions when they’re available. Signing one doesn’t negate the need for another.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

I've only ever seen him play at youth level so I'm expecting him to be introduced gradually over the coming months. But if some of you folk are correct and he hits the ground running at first team level then we will go very close to winning the league IMO.
I think that will be the plan but I won't be surprised if things don't work that way. Diallo came to Italy as an 8 year old migrant. Those who witnessed the signing said that the brothers owned only the clothes they had on them. His rise to prominence was ridiculously quick. He went to Atalanta (best youth academy in Italy) and he swiftly became their most promising kid there despite playing with older players and in different roles. He scored in his first team debut writing his name among the top 10 youngest players to score in the Serie A. Most of those players were strikers not wingers. Before we snapped him up the guy was set to start playing regular first team football while at Parma

I know that United aren't Parma. However United player's shouldn't underestimate the boy. Diallo is hungry for success, he's very mature for his age, he's used to play with players who are older and stronger then he is and on top of that he's ridiculously talented. Papu Gomez claimed that when he's on a roll then the only way to stop him is to foul him. If he's as good as they claim then Penalto might even end up beating Rooney's goalscoring record. On a serious note, Diallo is an underdog for the time being HOWEVER the RW is weak, Greenwood seem to want to play upfront and Martial has yet to start playing as if he cares on a regular basis. Our first teamers better show up on a regular basis.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It’s taken Rashford 5 years to get close to the consistency we need from a starter to be challengers. I’d argue Martial isn’t even there yet. When do we actually plan on winning stuff again? He’s 18 years old with 40 minutes of first team football - He shouldn’t be walking into our first team. The fact everyone expects him too shows how utterly inept our right side is. And Sancho can play in every position Grealish does. Why would Amad mean we shouldn’t sign Sancho but should still sign Grealish? Yes, we need a striker, CB and DM too. We should be signing whoever our targets are in those positions when they’re available. Signing one doesn’t negate the need for another.
It's all about mentality. Giggs played regularly at 18 and he was our best player (creative wise). I still remember Lippi mentioning him and Cantona as United's main creative outlet. Ronaldo used to let his ego take over once in a while which meant that he had to occasionally sit down on the bench to cool off. However he was, by far, one of our top players even at a young age and he was miles better to any player we used to throw in the RW at the time. Then there's Rooney, Owen.....the list is endless

Diallo is not the average rich young player whose caught on camera humping a pillow, shagging Icelandic girls or is more concerned about solving world poverty then focus on his football career. He's a kid who move to Italy at age 8 with just his clothes as his only possession. Till then he's been working his arse off being the best he can possibly be something he did at all levels, in many positions and often playing against players who are stronger and older then him. If it wasn't for United, the kid would probably be playing regular football with Parma and alerting Juventus by now.

If Diallo emulates what Greenwood did then Martial/Rashford better watch out. The latter two might find themselves fighting for 1 position

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think that will be the plan but I won't be surprised if things don't work that way. Diallo came to Italy as an 8 year old migrant. Those who witnessed the signing said that the brothers owned only the clothes they had on them. His rise to prominence was ridiculously quick. He went to Atalanta (best youth academy in Italy) and he swiftly became their most promising kid there despite playing with older players and in different roles. He scored in his first team debut writing his name among the top 10 youngest players to score in the Serie A. Most of those players were strikers not wingers. Before we snapped him up the guy was set to start playing regular first team football while at Parma

I know that United aren't Parma. However United player's shouldn't underestimate the boy. Diallo is hungry for success, he's very mature for his age, he's used to play with players who are older and stronger then he is and on top of that he's ridiculously talented. Papu Gomez claimed that when he's on a roll then the only way to stop him is to foul him. If he's as good as they claim then Penalto might even end up beating Rooney's goalscoring record. On a serious note, Diallo is an underdog for the time being HOWEVER the RW is weak, Greenwood seem to want to play upfront and Martial has yet to start playing as if he cares on a regular basis. Our first teamers better show up on a regular basis.
I hope you're right mate, because if you're, then it would give us a huge boost if he can come in and hit the ground running.

And thanks for the informative post which I always appreciate.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
It's all about mentality. Giggs played regularly at 18 and he was our best player (creative wise). I still remember Lippi mentioning him and Cantona as United's main creative outlet. Ronaldo used to let his ego take over once in a while which meant that he had to occasionally sit down on the bench to cool off. However he was, by far, one of our top players even at a young age and he was miles better to any player we used to throw in the RW at the time. Then there's Rooney, Owen.....the list is endless

Diallo is not the average rich young player whose caught on camera humping a pillow, shagging Icelandic girls or is more concerned about solving world poverty then focus on his football career. He's a kid who move to Italy at age 8 with just his clothes as his only possession. Till then he's been working his arse off being the best he can possibly be something he did at all levels, in many positions and often playing against players who are stronger and older then him. If it wasn't for United, the kid would probably be playing regular football with Parma and alerting Juventus by now.

If Diallo emulates what Greenwood did then Martial/Rashford better watch out. The latter two might find themselves fighting for 1 position
I’m not doubting his talent - I’m with all that. Mentality is precisely my point - competition for places is what we need. Nobody should be guaranteed a starting place regardless of form. Martial/Rashford have been guaranteed starters for 3 years when in reality if we look back to SAF days better players have been squad players. If Diallo hits the ground running then he should be taking the place of James/Mata/Lingard in the squad not instead of signing Sancho. Competition for places is exactly what drove that winning mentality during the Ferguson years. Winning games in training and getting into the the side was harder than some games on the weekend.