Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Something about Traore excites me, just the way he dribbles.

I think he will be a star honestly, the thing is he won't have the best end product for a few years in terms of the final ball, shooting or crossing but his value will sky rocket in my eyes.

Looking at players like Marcus, Sancho and their value and seeing Traore given his age, low-centre of gravity, he will be very hard to stop on the wing.

I expect he will be a masterstroke of a signing and part of the young core of players that will carry the team going forward.

I'd honestly never heard of him prior to the signing so the scouts did a good job following him for years.

His initial fee isn't that high honestly, so there's not really much risk.

United also have the perk that they have money in the bank over other teams who spent big last summer, just a big shame about the early CL exit.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'll wait and see if everyone agrees.... This is from a fan base so dense they were happy to believe our manager doesn't coach our team, I'm sure they can convince themselves an 18 year with 100 mins of football before joining us is a 50m flop
He's not costing 50m or anywhere near it. The initial fee is £22.38m, if he achieves his add ons then he'll have obviously been worth the investment.

Tiber

At this point this feels like a signing for the youth team. Is that harsh? Is he only not playing games because of the looming transfer?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
At this point this feels like a signing for the youth team. Is that harsh? Is he only not playing games because of the looming transfer?
It's also wrong. He isn't for the youth team. He's not playing games because Atalanta don't play with wingers.

wolvored

I cant believe some of the crap written on here. He hasnt even arrived here yet folks are dissecting him and labelling him comparing to world class players. Hes 18, hes coming from another country, hes will be under a lot of stress. He will either hit the ground like a young Georgie Best (unlikely) or be erratic (probably). Lets let him settle in first and perform at his own level. We're setting him up to fail before hes come here.

Stacks

Based on what exactly? He’s barely played first team football.
Ye have no faith!

Something about Traore excites me, just the way he dribbles.

I think he will be a star honestly, the thing is he won't have the best end product for a few years in terms of the final ball, shooting or crossing but his value will sky rocket in my eyes.

Looking at players like Marcus, Sancho and their value and seeing Traore given his age, low-centre of gravity, he will be very hard to stop on the wing.

I expect he will be a masterstroke of a signing and part of the young core of players that will carry the team going forward.

I'd honestly never heard of him prior to the signing so the scouts did a good job following him for years.

His initial fee isn't that high honestly, so there's not really much risk.

United also have the perk that they have money in the bank over other teams who spent big last summer, just a big shame about the early CL exit.
If I am reading this correctly he is a "star in the making" "technically limited" "expensive" "unstoppable"

nice.

I cant believe some of the crap written on here. He hasnt even arrived here yet folks are dissecting him and labelling him comparing to world class players. Hes 18, hes coming from another country, hes will be under a lot of stress. He will either hit the ground like a young Georgie Best (unlikely) or be erratic (probably). Lets let him settle in first and perform at his own level. We're setting him up to fail before hes come here.
hater alert. I'm seeing a bit of Mane in him based off the highlights and if he doesn't live up to this I shall be creating a thread "Amad lad and a burst bubble. Is it time for Diallo?"

treble_winner

It almost feels like Memphis Depay all over again. :drool:

SAFMUTD

For all the hype he has produced if he's not putting prime Cristiano's numbers by next season I will be hugely disappointed.

BR7

Based on what exactly? He’s barely played first team football.
Based on anyone who understands football. I’ve watched youth football for donkeys years now. The lad is ready now. How many 18 year olds have you seen at this level? If you can’t see what’s in front of you maybe football isn’t your sport.

Idxomer

He was ready to play 1st team football since his agreed loan to Parma, same thing Atalanta had done with Kulusevski.

United stopped that which made him a bit redundant the last few months with his manager as he was never in his initial plans for the season.

Crustanoid

Looking forward to seeing him destroy defenders single handed , his debut double hat trick, but most of all his ballon dor acceptance speech next year.

Exciting times ahead. Just dreading the 200 million bid from Real in February

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really excited for him. Not expecting too much this season but with him, Pellestri & Greenwood (more of a striker) we have 3 very promising youngsters for a long neglected position.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Based on anyone who understands football. I’ve watched youth football for donkeys years now. The lad is ready now. How many 18 year olds have you seen at this level? If you can’t see what’s in front of you maybe football isn’t your sport.
This is a bold claim. He's made about 9 starts in professional football. Youth football is not a true test of somebody's true ability.

There's been youth players at Utd who people said would be world class players in a few years and they have ended up in the championship or worse.

Let's hope he's a real gem and we've struck gold but claiming he's ready now is incredibly premature.

JohnnyKills

Will almost certainly go into the U23s when he arrives but will probably be involved in the FA Cup and Europa League if he starts well. We've got so many games coming up, he should get plenty of bench time if he's as good as people say.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Will almost certainly go into the U23s when he arrives but will probably be involved in the FA Cup and Europa League if he starts well. We've got so many games coming up, he should get plenty of bench time if he's as good as people say.
I liked his debut against LASK. Showed a lot of promise

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Really hoping this lad gets a few games in the first team. Him and Pellistri look like absolute buys! (Pellistri currently doing quite well for the U23's!)

Ekeke

This is a bold claim. He's made about 9 starts in professional football. Youth football is not a true test of somebody's true ability.

There's been youth players at Utd who people said would be world class players in a few years and they have ended up in the championship or worse.

Let's hope he's a real gem and we've struck gold but claiming he's ready now is incredibly premature.
The thing is they were wrong. Amad shows a lot more than any of them in his videos when it comes to skill and speed. Yes we see posts on here all the time overrating our youth players neglecting history and what actually happens with each generation, that just 1 or 2 make it in the squad and most of the others are championship players. But none of those players showed as much ability to dribble with skill, speed and technical quality like he does. He stands out and theres reason to be excited about him and any cameos he gets this season off the bench.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The thing is they were wrong. Amad shows a lot more than any of them in his videos when it comes to skill and speed. Yes we see posts on here all the time overrating our youth players neglecting history and what actually happens with each generation, that just 1 or 2 make it in the squad and most of the others are championship players. But none of those players showed as much ability to dribble with skill, speed and technical quality like he does. He stands out and theres reason to be excited about him and any cameos he gets this season off the bench.
Skill and speed in videos? Is that what you're basing it on? There's more to making it at the top level than that.

Like I said let's hope he's an absolute gem but you can't judge him off YouTube videos and less than a dozen Serie A games. It means nothing.

Ekeke

Skill and speed in videos? Is that what you're basing it on? There's more to making it at the top level than that.

Like I said let's hope he's an absolute gem but you can't judge him off YouTube videos and less than a dozen Serie A games. It means nothing.
Regardless of whether its an accurate way to tell anything, the point is its there. Its not with Chong etc. So its a clear difference and anyone who cant tell it well... Maybe they only know about defending or something

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Raw talent alone think he is up there with any best under 18 year old I've ever seen.

Whether he could translate that into the pitch week in week out and then go on to win a few Ballon D'or, remain to be seen.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Did you even know who he was 12 months ago? Be honest.

I'd never heard of him before we were linked to him. We seem to have lots of experts on him all of a sudden despite the fact he's barely played any professional games and the games he's mainly played in at youth level haven't even been televised.

Jean claude van hire

I'd never heard of him before we were linked to him. We seem to have lots of experts on him all of a sudden despite the fact he's barely played any professional games and the games he's mainly played in at youth level haven't even been televised.
And what is your point?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Did you even know who Haaland was 18 months ago though?

Thing is, most probably no one would have heard of many of those 17-18 years old player, who hasn’t had a defining breakthrough season yet. But that doesn’t mean the player isn’t good enough. For Diallo case, most of us here are really impressed and hyped from the what we’ve seen so far. Even though he hasn’t had his breakthrough season yet, due to his very young age.

I mean, even with his limited minutes in Serie A, he looks really impressive to me.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
For all the hype he has produced if he's not putting prime Cristiano's numbers by next season I will be hugely disappointed.
This is the problem with United fans. We have let our standards fallen like gravity. A once great club.....

I expect him to put up Ronaldo standards by May 2020.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Based on his background, I suspect he will find it easier to adjust to a foreign land. He has a tough outer shell for sure and will not wilt like some fragile flower.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

None of the so called hyped youth players in the past from our youth team demonstrates half as much talent as him. If compared to youth game performance, maybe Sancho from City was comparable? I can’t think of anyone else (from English youth games) close to his level of talent to be honest.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
None of the so called hyped youth players in the past from our youth team demonstrates half as much talent as him. If compared to youth game performance, maybe Sancho from City was comparable? I can’t think of anyone else (from English youth games) close to his level of talent to be honest.
Like I said let's hope he's a real gem but the way you're talking is like we've got the next Sancho on our hands. That's just daft. He's done nothing to warrant that hype yet.

He looks like a good dribbler from the few video montages I have seen. Theres far more to the game than that.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Like I said let's hope he's a real gem but the way you're talking is like we've got the next Sancho on our hands. That's just daft. He's done nothing to warrant that hype yet.

He looks like a good dribbler from the few video montages I have seen. Theres far more to the game than that.
Sure its all matter of personal opinion, if you don't rate him as high, its perfectly fine. Personally I think he has more raw talent than Sancho at same age, but talent alone does't make good player. At this age he is still unproven.