Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

RRCE

All joking aside, the boy looks talented. With his style, hopefully he has the bravery and grit to go along with it. Teams will definitely try to kick him out of games.

lysglimt

Scout
Ref Cafe will give him a few weeks - after that he will be branded a flop :)

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Is he the first youngster since Ronaldo that we’ve signed that has had this much hype about him?

Nori-

I havnt seen this guy play before but it seems like theres a massive amount of hype around him.

I wonder what this means for the Sancho transfer though? We have Greenwood on the right and now Diallo too, if Sancho comes in for close to £100m, you'd expect him to claim that position for years. Which isn't great news for the other two.

The only way it would work I guess is, Greenwood is slowly transformed into a all out striker and Diallo and Sancho compete for the right side.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I havnt seen this guy play before but it seems like theres a massive amount of hype around him.

I wonder what this means for the Sancho transfer though? We have Greenwood on the right and now Diallo too, if Sancho comes in for close to £100m, you'd expect him to claim that position for years. Which isn't great news for the other two.

The only way it would work I guess is, Greenwood is slowly transformed into a all out striker and Diallo and Sancho compete for the right side.
This also assumes that Martial, Rashford are in the long term plans (which I think Rashford definitely is, and Martial probably is too).

Martial has gotten 2 goals this season and offers little else at times this season he scores roughly 1 in 6 games and he's having his worst spell at United since arriving, Rashford can play on the left but he doesn't get his head up and pass enough.

Rashford I don't really see as a winger sometimes, even though he starts out wide he scores a lot more than he assists and he's always looking to shoot rather than pass.

Greenwood also probably isn't a winger and he's having a tough time this year so far but given his age its normal.

Last edited:

roseguy64

This also assumes that Martial, Rashford are in the long term plans.

Martial has gotten 2 goals this season and offers little else at times, Rashford can play on the left but he doesn't get his head up and pass enough.

Rashford is probably better in a striker role honestly, which means eventually perhaps a long term LW needs to be bought, and the RW is still somewhat up for grabs.

Greenwood isn't a winger.
No he isn't. Not unless he's playing in a 2 up front.

lysglimt

Scout
feck me dude, how long you been on here? It’ll be a game...max.
[/QUOTE]

Oh you will give him a game ? I meant 2 weeks from when he first put his feet on english soil - regardless if he plays or not

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
19 year old Martial has to be up there. Memphis certainly had hype too.
Perhaps, but I'd say the hype around Diallo is greater amongst our fans and the media.

Looking forward to actually seeing him action, whenever that may be!

Strelok

Yep. Based on my observation for the last few years the only player we bought with almost no hype was Bruno. Instead, there was a lot of doubt if my memory serves me right :D

tjb

This also assumes that Martial, Rashford are in the long term plans (which I think Rashford definitely is, and Martial probably is too).

Martial has gotten 2 goals this season and offers little else at times this season he scores roughly 1 in 6 games and he's having his worst spell at United since arriving, Rashford can play on the left but he doesn't get his head up and pass enough.

Rashford I don't really see as a winger sometimes, even though he starts out wide he scores a lot more than he assists and he's always looking to shoot rather than pass.

Greenwood also probably isn't a winger and he's having a tough time this year so far but given his age its normal.
Greenwood will be our starting striker. His finishing guarantees it. The fleshing out of his game is still on going. Rashford is an x factor. He can be world class one week, where he's tearing defences apart on every drive or he's having a game where he's missing the right touch. He also has rare games where the goes missing like today, but usually his aggression ensure that despite his lack of creativity, he is a consistent threat to the opposition, but but can't be and may never be consistently productive enough to be trusted with a world class mantle ( where performances and production are expected like Bruno/Debruyne). Rashford's character and where he is from, in addition to his actual gameplay, guarantee that he will be a United staple, but Martial doesn't have that assurance. Even with bad form, its obvious that Rashford's inconsistencies are more accepted than Martial's. We can't afford to have two of them consistently starting for us if we are too challenge for everything. Martial is 25, his inconsistencies and obvious weaknesses are still prevalent in his game, and unlike Rashford, he tends to hide a lot more in games, which make him more inconsistent imo. I don't see him here in our future unless he decides to rotate with Greenwood till he matures after this Cavani spell. None of these players play on the right and even Pogba when playing out wide plays on the left. Diallo will have his shot and rotate with Greenwood until we can at least expect average to great performances from him

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Greenwood will be our starting striker. His finishing guarantees it. The fleshing out of his game is still on going. Rashford is an x factor. He can be world class one week, where he's tearing defences apart on every drive or he's having a game where he's missing the right touch. He also has rare games where the goes missing like today, but usually his aggression ensure that despite his lack of creativity, he is a consistent threat to the opposition, but but can't be and may never be consistently productive enough to be trusted with a world class mantle ( where performances and production are expected like Bruno/Debruyne). Rashford's character and where he is from, in addition to his actual gameplay, guarantee that he will be a United staple, but Martial doesn't have that assurance. Even with bad form, its obvious that Rashford's inconsistencies are more accepted than Martial's. We can't afford to have two of them consistently starting for us if we are too challenge for everything. Martial is 25, his inconsistencies and obvious weaknesses are still prevalent in his game, and unlike Rashford, he tends to hide a lot more in games, which make him more inconsistent imo. I don't see him here in our future unless he decides to rotate with Greenwood till he matures after this Cavani spell. None of these players play on the right and even Pogba when playing out wide plays on the left. Diallo will have his shot and rotate with Greenwood until we can at least expect average to great performances from him
How do you know that Greenwood will not have the same ‘inconsistencies’ at 25?

In any case, I suspect Ole will target Haaland soon enough, and if successful, he’d come in as first choice 9.

Strelok

He will be written off even with a few 10 min cameos. I mean just take a look in the Donny Van De Beek thread.
I don't think it's right to write him off, but I don't think he deserves to start either. He'll have to wait for his chance then grab it with both hands.

Bondi77

It means we have ended our interest in Sancho.

Bondi77

I don't think it's right to write him off, but I don't think he deserves to start either. He'll have to wait for his chance then grab it with both hands.
He is not going to start straight away FFS!
He will be training with the first team and I am sure he will make the bench occasionally and be given 15 minute cameos when we are comfortable.

croadyman

He will be training with the first team and I am sure he will make the bench occasionally and be given 15 minute cameos when we are comfortable.
Yeah think this is the most likely outcome

croadyman

Maybe Rashford would play on the right and we still try and sign Grealish to play on the left

Strelok

I was talking about VDB.

mav_9me

Perhaps, but I'd say the hype around Diallo is greater amongst our fans and the media.

Looking forward to actually seeing him action, whenever that may be!
I don't think there is any hype in the media abt him.

Even our fans don't really expect that much from him. Half of all this is in jest. We do see talent and are hopeful of finding a gem. God knows its been a while.

jesperjaap

I don't think there is any hype in the media abt him.

Even our fans don't really expect that much from him. Half of all this is in jest. We do see talent and are hopeful of finding a gem. God knows its been a while.
I dont know about that, agree with the media part, but good old youtube and the price tag seems to me to have a lot of fans expecting him to come straight into the side and star.
Although I would love to see that and he does seem to have genuine star abilities based on the clips, a similar path to Pellestri seems much more realistic. If he was already THAT good he would be starting for Atalanta, forget the drivel people write about he isnt starting because of the system, he isnt starting because he is just 18 and not ready.......on the other hand please please do put him in the squad, it is painful to watch Daniel James the eager terrier with little ability whatsoever playing on the flanks for us

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Is he the first youngster since Ronaldo that we’ve signed that has had this much hype about him?
Depay was going to be the next Ronaldo. We even had NLMax, a dedicated Depay analyst on here who was really sure that Depay was going to be a success at ManUnited. Don't know where he is now, maybe he is Depay and left the Caf once he left United.