Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
As far as I can tell, minutes only count for the first few criteria. After that, you just need to have been in a matchday squad, eg:

Makes 15 pretty easily on that basis.
Fair enough! Feels a bit strange that someone can get a work permit having only played a few minutes but you would think Man United would not get this far down the road without being confident.

Stevondo8

So is this all done and complete and theoretically he’s available to play tonight?

Silas

Looking forward to a chopper dropping him straight onto our RW at 8.

DRM

Don't be ridiculous. The expectations are way over the top.

Considering the jet-lag and the recovery time, the best we can hope for is a start for the match at Anfield.
Jet lag??! He's travelling 1st class, from Italy FFS. I once flew from LA to London overnight and went straight into a meeting

DoomSlayer

We will win against the scousers by a penalty from Fernandes in the 95th minute. Diallo is going to dribble past half of their team down, sit Henderson down in the process and then proceed to dive in the box, enraging half of England, who are obsessed with hating us.

Can't wait. :drool: :devil:

Chief123

He won’t play a single minute of first team action this season. Just my opinion.

mav_9me

Google assist. The Google Pixel ear buds can do the listening and then translation via his phone.

Welcome to 2021 my son!

Armadillo is ready to break-out of his Atalanta shell and rock. MOM on his debut, with Google-assisted interview.

This is the way.
This is the way.

Chief123

He will absolutely push for a place in the squad. Maybe I'm delusional. We shall see.
I would love him to be drafted into the first team ASAP. But I just think Utd won’t rush him in. Similar to pellestri. We certainly need a right winger but I think Ole will stick with Greenwood and James/mata/Rashford rotation until the end of the season. Diallo could get minutes in the Europa or FA cup but other than that I don’t see him featuring much.

mav_9me

I would love him to be drafted into the first team ASAP. But I just think Utd won’t rush him in. Similar to pellestri. We certainly need a right winger but I think Ole will stick with Greenwood and James/mata/Rashford rotation until the end of the season. Diallo could get minutes in the Europa or FA cup but other than that I don’t see him featuring much.
I think you are being reasonable. I'm a little hopeful based off the videos I have seen. His play has seemed mature to me. That is why I am being optimistic.

BTW on that note I trust Ole to do the right thing.

Chief123

I think you are being reasonable. I'm a little hopeful based off the videos I have seen. His play has seemed mature to me. That is why I am being optimistic.

BTW on that note I trust Ole to do the right thing.
I certainly trust Ole more than myself or any other fan. We naturally get excited and make blasé opinions about what Ole should do. But the truth is it’s easy for us to say it without thinking of any consequences or negative impacts. As a coach, if you make the wrong call it can set off a chain of negative events and bring pressure on you and the team.

Just imagine if Ole threw him into the first team straight away having barely played any senior football in the last 12 months. If he had a Ronaldo like debut, it would be incredible. But he could equally have a disaster start which could impact him long term and bring pressure and criticism upon Ole. Mkhitaryan type debut would be awful.

I think the Utd staff will give him the remainder of the season to find his feet in the U23 and get used to the environment and the club. When he’s comfortable with everything else then it makes sense to introduce him to first team.

mav_9me

I certainly trust Ole more than myself or any other fan. We naturally get excited and make blasé opinions about what Ole should do. But the truth is it’s easy for us to say it without thinking of any consequences or negative impacts. As a coach, if you make the wrong call it can set off a chain of negative events and bring pressure on you and the team.

Just imagine if Ole threw him into the first team straight away having barely played any senior football in the last 12 months. If he had a Ronaldo like debut, it would be incredible. But he could equally have a disaster start which could impact him long term and bring pressure and criticism upon Ole. Mkhitaryan type debut would be awful.

I think the Utd staff will give him the remainder of the season to find his feet in the U23 and get used to the environment and the club. When he’s comfortable with everything else then it makes sense to introduce him to first team.
And I think most coaches, good ones at least, would prioritize the young players well being and individual success first cuz that in the long term will lead to team and coaches success. I trust Ole for sure in that aspect.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I really think he will get some first team football this season as he looks a top talent and too talents get chances at young ages. It’s okay tempering expectations but the reality is, if he isn’t good enough for even limited first team minutes this season then he’s not the world beater he’s been pitched to be. Our best young players, Greenwood, Rashford, Martial all managed some games and performances at that age so either he’s as good as they were or we have been mislead with all the ‘generational talent’ comments.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I really think he will get some first team football this season as he looks a top talent and too talents get chances at young ages. It’s okay tempering expectations but the reality is, if he isn’t good enough for even limited first team minutes this season then he’s not the world beater he’s been pitched to be. Our best young players, Greenwood, Rashford, Martial all managed some games and performances at that age so either he’s as good as they were or we have been mislead with all the ‘generational talent’ comments.
I'm sure he'll get plenty of minutes but more 15/20 minute cameos rather than starts. A bit how we used Greenwood to start with.

Saying that though he held his own in the CL for Atlanta, so as long as he can adjust to the pace of the PL he will be fine. Probably be used more in the Europa to start with.

My only Eric

We will win against the scousers by a penalty from Fernandes in the 95th minute. Diallo is going to dribble past half of their team down, sit Henderson down in the process and then proceed to dive in the box, enraging half of England, who are obsessed with hating us.

Can't wait. :drool: :devil:
And the commentator screams "what A MAD Diallo!!"

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wonder when he'll actually sign. I'd assume he goes into the reserves for the first couple of months to start.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Wonder when he'll actually sign. I'd assume he goes into the reserves for the first couple of months to start.
I think he'll be used in the cup matches honestly, and he'll train with the first team.

Pellistri and a few others are now training with the first team (for cup games I believe).

Chief123

I like where this is going, by the end of the day you'll be calling for him to start at Anfield ;) AD7
I still stand by the original post. My point was that if there is any chance that he does get minutes then I’d expect it in them two competitions. Well done Post Police.