Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

meamth

feck it, I don't care about Romano.

All I care about is Indykaila news. The best twitter transfer magnifico.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Just thinking, Pellestri is actually 6 months older and with more first team experience and yet he’s been made to learn the ropes in the reserves - it would make me feel that I wasn’t rated or valued as much if the younger Diallo came in and was faststreamed into the first team

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Just thinking, Pellestri is actually 6 months older and with more first team experience and yet he’s been made to learn the ropes in the reserves - it would make me feel that I wasn’t rated or valued as much if the younger Diallo came in and was faststreamed into the first team
Pellestri hasnt looked anywhere near ready for the first team when he’s played for the reserves. We don’t know about Diallo yet.

gottho

Pellestri hasnt looked anywhere near ready for the first team when he’s played for the reserves. We don’t know about Diallo yet.
I get this mbappe vibe from him, looks very confident and unfazed despite younger, plays with his head up and good awareness of other players.

Red00012

Pellestri not gonna be happy if Diallo gets a first team appearance before him!
It’s based on ability not how long you’ve been at the club. Pellestri isn’t ready yet we don’t know Diallo’s level until he arrives .

red thru&thru

Pellestri is coming into a new continent, one where Diallo has been for a while. Not only is Europe different climate wise to South America, the football is different too.

Diallo has first team experience of playing European football against some of the best teams in the world, Pellestri hasn't.

This really isn't tit for tat and just comparing players ages, it's a lot more than that.

red thru&thru

It’s based on ability not how long you’ve been at the club. Pellestri isn’t ready yet we don’t know Diallo’s level until he arrives .
Yeah, and Ole himself said he wants Diallo in to assess him and to bed him into life as a Manchester United player.

I'm desperate to see him play for us but I reckon he will need time to acclimatise. Bailly should be great for him and Pogba always welcomes every player and looks after them well.

Harold_Giles

Diallo's acceleration and close control should help him get his chance, since those qualities translate to every level and are rare to find.
If he manages to add his dribbling and decision making to senior level we'll have something special here.

Okey

I'd have thought this lad would have arrived by now. This has been in the works for months after all. Just get here already!

Red_toad

Pellestri is coming into a new continent, one where Diallo has been for a while. Not only is Europe different climate wise to South America, the football is different too.

Diallo has first team experience of playing European football against some of the best teams in the world, Pellestri hasn't.

This really isn't tit for tat and just comparing players ages, it's a lot more than that.
Dialo has like 55 minutes first team football doesn’t he.
Italys climate is closer to South America than Manchester.

I’m struggling why some people are certain Pellestri wouldn’t be a tad upset about seeing his first team chances take a hit. He may or he may not, it’s very debatable, unless you get a quote directly from him!

red thru&thru

Dialo has like 55 minutes first team football doesn’t he.
Italys climate is closer to South America than Manchester.

I’m struggling why some people are certain Pellestri wouldn’t be a tad upset about seeing his first team chances take a hit. He may or he may not, it’s very debatable, unless you get a quote directly from him!
Do you say this about EVERY single transfer that comes to United? Do you compare ages and think that one will get more upset than the other?

For me, it's a given. Everyone, in any walk of life, will measure themselves, subconsciously, to another person of the same age. They will measure their progress compared to someone of the same age.

But the way you made your original point was as though it'd be very harsh on Pellestri from United, if they put Diallo in before him?!

Diallo has played many youth CL games across different countries. So as I mentioned earlier, I wasn't talking just about the climate change from South America to Europe but the football too...even if it's youth level in Europe...including the small amount of time he has played for Atalanta's first team this season and last.

Devil may care

Holocene

It makes more sense to use the 2nd half of this season to get him settled into the club and England in readiness for next season.
Especially when you consider he would only have a few appearances during the loan spell. Getting him settled in at the club and a new country is far more important.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

Blimey you make it sound like an episode of Star Trek.

He needs to physically acclimatise not learn a new way of living.

RUCK4444

It makes more sense to use the 2nd half of this season to get him settled into the club and England in readiness for next season.
Yeah would be effectively a nice long pre-season for the lad to get familiar with his surroundings and teammates for the start of next season.

Would like to see the odd cameo this season where possible though. Just to see an actual RW player in the squad since forever.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not learn a new way of living? Could you please expand on this? Will be very intriguing to read your reply.
The ball is still round in Italy. There’s a lot of exaggeration here being thrown out in the name of ‘cautiousness’. He will be involved in the squad when he arrives. The speed at which he establishes himself as a first team regular will depend on how quickly he settles. But he doesn’t need to go and complete some sort of University course before he can set foot on a pitch in England.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
The ball is still round in Italy. There’s a lot of exaggeration here being thrown out in the name of ‘cautiousness’. He will be involved in the squad when he arrives. The speed at which he establishes himself as a first team regular will depend on how quickly he settles. But he doesn’t need to go and complete some sort of University course before he can set foot on a pitch in England.
Pellistri came from Uruguay.

red thru&thru

Eh?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The discussion was that Pellestri would need more acclimatisation than Diallo due to culture, weather and style of football. People weren't being cautious about Diallo.
Plenty of people have been cautious about Diallo in this thread. It was them I was referring to. Pellistri was only bought into the conversation in the context of Diallo in the first place.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Blimey you make it sound like an episode of Star Trek.

He needs to physically acclimatise not learn a new way of living.
Yeah, in terms of actual football ability Pellistri has looked really good, I'd say he's been our best attacker for the U23s since he came in, but you can tell a stiff gust of wind would knock him over in the men's game.

brzez

It's hard to know where I stand on this issue. Perhaps the biggest problem for a youth player is the physicality, but I have seen the games Diallo played in, and he has not had any problems with that. It's different butter in Premier League ofcourse. But I think his problem has been that he sometimes holds the ball for too long, or that he makes the wrong decisions. It's normal, so hopefully we'll see some minutes when United lead 2 or 3-0 when we have afford to lose the ball. In any case, Amad seems to be a devout Muslim, and that bodes well because he probably does not drink. And as long as he does not arrange sexparties like the City players do, and focus on getting better and better, I think we have a potential superstar.

Red_toad

Do you say this about EVERY single transfer that comes to United? Do you compare ages and think that one will get more upset than the other?

For me, it's a given. Everyone, in any walk of life, will measure themselves, subconsciously, to another person of the same age. They will measure their progress compared to someone of the same age.

But the way you made your original point was as though it'd be very harsh on Pellestri from United, if they put Diallo in before him?!

Diallo has played many youth CL games across different countries. So as I mentioned earlier, I wasn't talking just about the climate change from South America to Europe but the football too...even if it's youth level in Europe...including the small amount of time he has played for Atalanta's first team this season and last.
No I don’t and no it wasn’t me who suggested he may be vexed. I simply agreed with another poster, only to be told I was incorrect as he’ll obviously be happy a far better player may get a chance ahead of him. That obviously goes against how any human who is competitive by nature behaves. But fine you win he’s all good with it!

Drainy

Any player who gets upset at competition for their place at a club like United should leave. They don't have an elite mentality and will probably sow disharmony as they will see teammates as a threat rather than an ally and we should move on from those personality types..

city-puma

I would like our RW has explosive acceleration. Pellistri and even Sancho don’t seem having it. From the limited video, I don’t know if diallo has it. But when he dribbles, he is like a glider. Real beautiful.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't think Nani deserves that 'even'. Better wingers than Nani at Man Utd in PL era: only Giggs, Ronaldo, Beckham, Kanchelskis (?), Rashford. Won 4 PL titles and 1 CL. I'd be very happy indeed with someone who could match that.
Not Rashford

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Nani is criminally underrated by some as he has been compared to our best wingers and he was obviously 1-2 level below them which is no shame. He has been a very important player for us for many seasons.

Alemar

Any player who gets upset at competition for their place at a club like United should leave. They don't have an elite mentality and will probably sow disharmony as they will see teammates as a threat rather than an ally and we should move on from those personality types..
This is actually true

city-puma

I can’t believe there are so many of us (the so-called manutd supporters) who ridicule and bash a great servant like Nani!
Yes, he is not mentally as strong as Roy Keane, and needs the coaches’ trust and a consistent run of games to perform well. I know many might just be frustrated and feel that Nani had not truly fulfilled his real potential and not contributed more than what he had done. But, you guys forget he carried us for at least a season?
The harshness shown by those supporters is a disgrace IMO.
Rashford is in the same situation now. With the players and setup we had at that time, Nani played the best on right, but had to be deployed to left as a compromise in order to put Valencia on right. Now, to put pogba on left and Greenwood has still been under studying, we have to deploy Rashford on right. His performance has been harshly bashed by those supporters without even thinking what’s really going on.
I feel so sad about the situation like this. For me, Nani was at least a semi-legend to this club.

Reactions: 711

red thru&thru

No I don’t and no it wasn’t me who suggested he may be vexed. I simply agreed with another poster, only to be told I was incorrect as he’ll obviously be happy a far better player may get a chance ahead of him. That obviously goes against how any human who is competitive by nature behaves. But fine you win he’s all good with it!
Wasn't looking to win anything, just debating a subject on a forum. But I'm always happy with a win! :)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No it doesn't.

georgipep

I can’t believe there are so many of us (the so-called manutd supporters) who ridicule and bash a great servant like Nani!
Yes, he is not mentally as strong as Roy Keane, and needs the coaches’ trust and a consistent run of games to perform well. I know many might just be frustrated and feel that Nani had not truly fulfilled his real potential and not contributed more than what he had done. But, you guys forget he carried us for at least a season?
The harshness shown by those supporters is a disgrace IMO.
Rashford is in the same situation now. With the players and setup we had at that time, Nani played the best on right, but had to be deployed to left as a compromise in order to put Valencia on right. Now, to put pogba on left and Greenwood has still been under studying, we have to deploy Rashford on right. His performance has been harshly bashed by those supporters without even thinking what’s really going on.
I feel so sad about the situation like this. For me, Nani was at least a semi-legend to this club.
Agree about Nani, I really liked him and never understood people's low ratings for him. I thought he was brilliant and a joy to watch.

As for Rashford on the right, I actually prefer him there. He keeps width and has more options than when he's on the left. He still needs to work on his shooting with his left and withi his right when not cutting inside from the left, but that will come with time and games in that position.

I can see the point about switching Pogba and Rashford to use Pogba's great crossing ability but Pogba naturally roams on the left side of the field. I also think that their positions will fluctuate a lot from game to game. In the Wolves game Pogba was occupying predominantly the right side spaces. People need to realize that tactics are not as simple as they want to describe them. And they change game to game, even a few times during matches.