Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

R77

A quick observation on the Nani sidetrack; His top level was outrageous, and his bottom level equally so. Great player on his day, but about as consistent as Boris' pandemic response. Crying in the derby did him no favours either, bad tackle or not.

In any case, I can't wait to see the Armadillo here. Said it multiple times, but having watched as much as I can, Nani on a good day is indeed the closest likeness in my memory banks. Here's a (fairly crap) vid that popped up in my feed today that has a couple of interesting bits and pieces in;

gormless

2010 Nani was the best winger in the league along with Malouda. If Amad hits half that level with a greater degree of consistency he’ll be serviceable.
As R77 above says, Nani’s floor was horrific

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Edit : Maybe not. Going to Rome to complete paperwork

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
If he isn't starting at Anfield, it's a clear indication that OGS doesn't trust them and doesn't see a future for him at Old Trafford. He will probably be sold in the summer.

ROFLUTION

He's a dribbler, so it'll be interesting to see if he'll be told to stop dribbling as it looks like Greenwood has gotten instructions for (unless Greenwood's inside the box - he always passes the safe pass)

Matriac

If he isn't starting at Anfield, it's a clear indication that OGS doesn't trust them and doesn't see a future for him at Old Trafford. He will probably be sold in the summer.
Yeah if he doesn't start at Anfield it will prove he's not Ole's player. Board signing.

Oranges038

A quick observation on the Nani sidetrack; His top level was outrageous, and his bottom level equally so. Great player on his day, but about as consistent as Boris' pandemic response. Crying in the derby did him no favours either, bad tackle or not.

In any case, I can't wait to see the Armadillo here. Said it multiple times, but having watched as much as I can, Nani on a good day is indeed the closest likeness in my memory banks. Here's a (fairly crap) vid that popped up in my feed today that has a couple of interesting bits and pieces in;

The Nani thing is my fault, I think. Maybe my wording was wrong to say I'd even accept Nani levels of good, he was the closest comparison I could see.

I remember Nani as being outrageously brilliant and outrageously frustrating. I did a quick scan of some of the threads from his time here and many of the comments on those echoed some of those sentiments. I would like to think that if Diallo could approach the same levels as Nani, even if he has all the same flaws. He'll be a good signing.

city-puma

The Nani thing is my fault, I think. Maybe my wording was wrong to say I'd even accept Nani levels of good, he was the closest comparison I could see.

I remember Nani as being outrageously brilliant and outrageously frustrating. I did a quick scan of some of the threads from his time here and many of the comments on those echoed some of those sentiments. I would like to think that if Diallo could approach the same levels as Nani, even if he has all the same flaws. He'll be a good signing.
second this!
I don’t know how old you are so I just speak my experience here. When we are young, more often we would judge things and persons in a more extreme manner, like black or white, nothing in-between. Getting older, we started realizing many things and persons are complicated. Life is hard journey in many aspects. Especially for the top of tops, such as elite pro athletics, the pressure they have every game is immensely huge. Nani’s personal achievements in football are already great even though many of us feel he could do more. I remember sawing him in last year’s mls games who was still able to single-handed change the games and tracked back to help defense. I am just feeling pleased for him.
I just want to blame moyes and LVG ruin him in his final period with us because I truly think he could offer great stuff for us for at least two more years.

Last edited:

Gerald G

They want to keep him but they barely played him in the first half of the season. Just warming the bench. Admittedly he started featuring off the bench towards the end of the year, but not enough to keep him in my opinion.

Red00012

They want to keep him but they barely played him in the first half of the season. Just warming the bench. Admittedly he started featuring off the bench towards the end of the year, but not enough to keep him in my opinion.
Was just about to post something similar , they can feck off

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's a dribbler, so it'll be interesting to see if he'll be told to stop dribbling as it looks like Greenwood has gotten instructions for (unless Greenwood's inside the box - he always passes the safe pass)
It is certainly not an instruction given to Daniel James who - at this stage of his career - has very limited end product and technical deficiencies.

croadyman

On the bench against Watford in the cup game? :drool:
There was a slim possibility of this if he had arrived at the start of this week, however sounds more like he is going to be arriving in the middle of the week so expect him to be training with the squad and maybe see him later in the month

Marcus

No idea why Atalanta wants to loan him back at all. It’s not like he is getting any minutes to play this season anyway.
They don't have to worry about him getting injured (and the sale not going through) because he would already have been sold to United. So they actually may play him more.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
You're right about Nani during most of his time here. Most of the time he was quite inconsistent and bounced between being brilliant and average. It should be remembered though that even on his frustrating days he almost always created one or two great goal scoring opportunities every match, which is something that a lot of people do seem to forget these days. Very much like Rashford this season who has only had 3 or 4 truly good games but has continued scoring and assisting at a good rate in his poor games. Like Rashford now Nani even during his inconsistent years would easily walk into our current starting 11, as you did acknowledge.

I think the thing that stood out in your first post though is that it felt like it was ignoring the fantastic 12-18 month period that Nani had where he stepped up to probably world class level. He was far more consistent, far more devastating and was the main reason we won the title that season. Other than the two freaks of nature (Messi and Ronaldo) he was probably the best winger in the world for that period of time. Unfortunately that terrible tackle and then being moved back to the left wing knocked him out of that form and he never regained it again.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I can fully understand why Gasperini would want to keep him because it gives him a extra option off the bench.

rotherham_red

Think we're going to see him in the u-23s first (their next match is January 18th) and if he performs as his vids suggest, he'll be starting to get the odd few minutes here and there from February onwards. Wouldn't be surprised if he and/or Pellistri are a part of the core EL and cups squad moving forwards.

RUCK4444

Think we're going to see him in the u-23s first (their next match is January 18th) and if he performs as his vids suggest, he'll be starting to get the odd few minutes here and there from February onwards. Wouldn't be surprised if he and/or Pellistri are a part of the core EL and cups squad moving forwards.
Agreed. However I would like him training with the first team, namely because we don't have a proper RW in the squad! If he played well in training it would be tempting for Ole to finally get a proper RW on the pitch at some point.

If it weren't for the gaping hole at RW I wouldn't think this were tempting but if your Ole and the kid impresses in training I could see Ole chucking the lad on the bench, he wasn't shy in throwing Dan James into the fire.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Agreed. However I would like him training with the first team, namely because we don't have a proper RW in the squad! If he played well in training it would be tempting for Ole to finally get a proper RW on the pitch at some point.

If it weren't for the gaping hole at RW I wouldn't think this were tempting but if your Ole and the kid impresses in training I could see Ole chucking the lad on the bench, he wasn't shy in throwing Dan James into the fire.
Given Pellistri trains with the first team I don't see why Diallo wouldn't as well. Then we'll see if he's needed.
My guess is both of them will see game time this season due to the fixture congestion.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He will 100% be training with the first team at the start, then Ole will see if he's ready to be involved or if he needs a bit more time like Pellestri.

I suspect considering he hasn't played for a while his match fitness will need building up etc.

Can7onA

It's the last game of the season, United need a win to secure their 21st title.

"It's Fernandes to Rashford, Rashford onto Greenwood, Chance looks to have gone, he shifts it to the right"

"Diaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllloo"