Amad Diallo signs for Manchester United

rotherham_red

Agreed. However I would like him training with the first team, namely because we don't have a proper RW in the squad! If he played well in training it would be tempting for Ole to finally get a proper RW on the pitch at some point.

If it weren't for the gaping hole at RW I wouldn't think this were tempting but if your Ole and the kid impresses in training I could see Ole chucking the lad on the bench, he wasn't shy in throwing Dan James into the fire.
I can see the argument for it, but in these circumstances Ole puts the player's long-term development before the immediate needs of the team. He did with Greenwood early last season when we were floundering, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same with Amad who has come to a new country and is only 18.

I think the main thing is, is that we need to be patient and not expect him to rule the world from day dot.

RUCK4444

I can see the argument for it, but in these circumstances Ole puts the player's long-term development before the immediate needs of the team. He did with Greenwood early last season when we were floundering, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same with Amad who has come to a new country and is only 18.

I think the main thing is, is that we need to be patient and not expect him to rule the world from day dot.
Yeah totally agree on the bolded. Last thing we need is for the young lad to feel the weight of the world on his shoulders simply due to the fact our inept board have chosen to abandon signing a RW for over a decade.

Priority for me is just having that integration with the first team ahead of next season, with the hope things go well and he can get a couple of cameo's before the season is over.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What a life he has led. Comes across the Mediterranean in a rinkydink boat with only the clothes on his back.

12 years later... In a private jet...
Sport is really amazing. It is where you hear the best rags to riches stories.

w1thout

Amad Diallo came from Italy
The english press thought it was silly
40 million down the drain
Amad Diallo scores again !

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope he can develop into the player that the scouts and club believe he can develop into. United for me growing up was about having fantastic wide players with great close control and flair like Giggs and later Ronaldo. I don't believe we've had that since Nani departed and it would be fantastic to see Amad developing into the player that gets you out of your seat. He has shown touch and technique of a very high level at youth level along with fantastic close control, dribbling and the ability to cut inside and make plays. It'll be very interesting to follow his progression in the coming years..

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I hope he can develop into the player that the scouts and club believe he can develop into. United for me growing up was about having fantastic wide players with great close control and flair like Giggs and later Ronaldo. I don't believe we've had that since Nani departed and it would be fantastic to see Amad developing into the player that gets you out of your seat. He has shown touch and technique of a very high level at youth level along with fantastic close control, dribbling and the ability to cut inside and make plays. It'll be very interesting to follow his progression in the coming years..

:nervous: :nervous: I suspect that he doesn't know that those will be one of the few sunny days he will see for a while!

I hope you like rain Maddie! 'Beautiful Bountiful Rain' next week?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I wonder if he's ever seen snow before also? :D

Manchester is a world of 1st's for many

Drainy

Waving goodbye to the beautiful sun.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I just want him here - even in the U23 capacity. I just want to see more highlights of him :devil:
The lack of gametime from him has meant a severe lack of material in the muppetbank.

laughtersassassin

If he is in Manchester this week I'd have him on the bench for the Watford game.

He has been training all year. Needs some minutes

Robbo 7

I honestly don't know much about him but looking forward to seeing what he can do.

He has competition in Pellestri to get a spot in the squad, who has been impressive for the U23's this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Ole introduces him slowly and he get's the odd game on the bench in the Europa. Signing in January for experienced players can be difficult (unless your name is Bruno ;) ), new climate, different country etc. Hopefully we get to see a bit of him this season and get him ready for next season.

Giggsyking

I honestly don't know much about him but looking forward to seeing what he can do.

He has competition in Pellestri to get a spot in the squad, who has been impressive for the U23's this season. I wouldn't be surprised if Ole introduces him slowly and he get's the odd game on the bench in the Europa. Signing in January for experienced players can be difficult (unless your name is Bruno ;) ), new climate, different country etc. Hopefully we get to see a bit of him this season and get him ready for next season.
37m should go directly to the first team.

Adam-Utd

He lives in Italy so I’m pretty sure he’s seen snow haha
:Dyeah I know that, but not every part of Italy snows and I wasn't sure if he's been there long enough.

I know Bergamo is more on the cold side though so he probably has. It just made me think of Pellestri who seemed amazed by it.

city-puma

I just want him here - even in the U23 capacity. I just want to see more highlights of him :devil:
The lack of gametime from him has meant a severe lack of material in the muppetbank.
Agree completely!
But he is still a youngster, comes to a new language environment, finds a place to settle down, learns the way football is played here, gets familiar with teammates, and etc. quite an overwhelming challenge, isn’t it?
If he can keep the feet on ground and try to settle down and adapt to the new environment, I think it a better way for everyone. He will have a long term career here.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
:Dyeah I know that, but not every part of Italy snows and I wasn't sure if he's been there long enough.

I know Bergamo is more on the cold side though so he probably has. It just made me think of Pellestri who seemed amazed by it.
See 1.20 and 6.50mins

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

God speed and pray he has a safe flight

Alemar

The obsession with “players need time to settle” and “slow integration into the team” is unbelievable.

If we paid 37 m for this young player, bloody play him (at least use him in a similar capacity to VDB - some sub appearances here and there with rare starts in between).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
"Considered ready for Man Utd first team"

"Goal has also learned that Diallo is viewed slightly differently to fellow teenager Facundo Pellistri, who was signed on the same day back in October."

"The Uruguayan has been getting used to English football by featuring for Neil Wood’s Under-23s side, and while it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Diallo could also feature for the reserve side upon his immediate arrival, he is seen as a player who is more likely to go straight into the first team set-up."

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The obsession with “players need time to settle” and “slow integration into the team” is unbelievable.

If we paid 37 m for this young player, bloody play him (at least use him in a similar capacity to VDB - some sub appearances here and there with rare starts in between).
He's a kid thats barely played any senior football. We've paid for his future potential. I can see him being used against a tiring defense as he carries the ball well. But I imagine our Management will probably side with giving James some game time over Diallo. The dream is he comes here and has the same impact Mason had last season, but realistically that isn't going to happen. We'll probably be preparing him to have an impact next year and just getting him settled and gelling with the team first.

yamo123x

Let's see how he adapts to English football before we label him the next big thing and heap too much pressure on his shoulders
From the clips he looks incredible, but we cant expect miracles straight away, exciting signing none the less

Judas

Open to offers
He'll 100% be in and around the first team squad training wise, but unless he gets off to a flyer in the U-23s, impresses from the bench in the Europa or possibly the FA Cup or we have a bit of an injury crisis, I doubt we'll see much of him in the league anytime soon, and you know what I'm totally alright with that, he's a kid.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I hope people don't lambast me by saying it's a lazy comparison - but there's some videos where he gives me glimmers of Mane. Explosive, agile, direct, the way he spreads his body whilst shooting.

I see more Mane than Messi/Hazard anyway.

Adam-Utd

If he'd been playing every game for Atlanta and was coming in high on confidence and fully fit then sure - but he's not right now.

It'll take him a while to build it back up.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Rashford-Martial-James
Lingard

Pellistri-Greenwood-Diallo
Bruno

Which attack is better?

crossy1686

career ending

Yeah, I agree, the more money you pay for a player, the more adaptable they should be. Spend £100m expect a goal a game for the first 10 games, no excuses otherwise they're an abject failure. What's language, integrating into a new team, with new people you don't know, living in a hotel, not knowing a city anyway? All excuses for foreigners if you ask me.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Rashford - Martial - Diallo/Greenwood/Pellistri
Bruno

is better
Well, whats thats no fun.. in that. That's like when someone ask you, Ronaldo or Messi and you answer. No.

red thru&thru

"Considered ready for Man Utd first team"

"Goal has also learned that Diallo is viewed slightly differently to fellow teenager Facundo Pellistri, who was signed on the same day back in October."

"The Uruguayan has been getting used to English football by featuring for Neil Wood’s Under-23s side, and while it is not beyond the realms of possibility that Diallo could also feature for the reserve side upon his immediate arrival, he is seen as a player who is more likely to go straight into the first team set-up."
Well Pellestri won't be too happy with that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

red thru&thru

Yeah, I agree, the more money you pay for a player, the more adaptable they should be. Spend £100m expect a goal a game for the first 10 games, no excuses otherwise they're an abject failure. What's language, integrating into a new team, with new people you don't know, living in a hotel, not knowing a city anyway? All excuses for foreigners if you ask me.
:lol: