Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

17 minutes the other night. Only got the chance when they went 3-0 up. Has the making of yet another crap loan move.

To be fair the Championship is a lot more competitive than the Scottish League and Sunderland have their own ambitions. It's up to him to force his way in. If you're a future Man Utd footballer it should probably happen in truth. I know sometimes managers can be obtuse or risk averse but you would expect him to be able to make an impact at that level if he is the talent the club thought.

If he can't make the Sunderland team he probably has no future at United. Hope he makes his mark soon.

If he can't make the Sunderland team he probably has no future at United. Hope he makes his mark soon.
He is a project type player imo. We got him based on pure talent and with 40 or so minutes of pro football. We need to be patient and understand that some of our U23s have more experience then this guy.

I hope the scout/coach who recommended us to buy him at 25M has been sacked already.

25 million and we’re hoping he can get into a team just up from league 1. Our scouting department is embarassing.
Correct me if I am wrong, but he like the smallest and weakest players in our squad and we send him to League 1* which is as rough as it get's, instead to Belgium, Netherlands or Portugal where he could develop and play.

Correct me if I am wrong, but he like the smallest and weakest players in our squad and we send him to League 1* which is as rough as it get's, instead to Belgium, Netherlands or Portugal where he could develop and play.

Sunderland are in the Championship unfortunately.

Why Sunderland? I don't get it, maybe Les Parry can explain that one. Why not eredivisie? Can definitely see him performing there, and don't tell me about the level seeing as we just spent a billion signing players from there.

tbf maybe they had hoped he would use the physicality of the league as preparation for the Prem. Hopefully he gets a shot soon Championship seasons are long so he'll probably get one, just has to make it count when he gets it.

Mistakes do happen. He was an expensive one. Even if he does make a breakthrough in some part of the season, he's hardly going to be good enough to recoup half of what was paid for him.

25 million and we’re hoping he can get into a team just up from league 1. Our scouting department is embarassing.
Might be the worst scouting job in the history of professional sports, these last 10 years.

Mistakes do happen. He was an expensive one. Even if he does make a breakthrough in some part of the season, he's hardly going to be good enough to recoup half of what was paid for him.
He is 20 years old, he's small, not much first experience. Ignore the price for now and how much we could recoup. He is very talented, maybe he is not a winger, I can see him coming through the middle and at his age, it's rare to see youngsters at big clubs command a place. I think he will need to spend 2 years on loan before we really know what he can do. Unfortunately the injury he had at start of last season set him back 6 months to a year. He could have played more regular football in the Netherlands. Rangers probably was not the best place but he did play a decent role in a cup win which hopefully should make him hungry for more. When I see him, I think David Silva but he needs to continue to grow into his body and build better upper strength. He's been at Sunderland for a few weeks now, he won't start straight away, he's competing with people who have played more first team games than him, so as he gets more experience we should know more. Ruling him out based on a fee and him not getting games is too premature.

It should've been an assist, it didn't look like an offside on replay.

Why Sunderland? I don't get it, maybe Les Parry can explain that one. Why not eredivisie? Can definitely see him performing there, and don't tell me about the level seeing as we just spent a billion signing players from there.

Maybe no one in the Eredivisie wanted to loan him.

His use of the ball around the penalty area is very good.

Played a good ball in the build-up for Sunderland's 2nd goal.

I've only seen highlights but it seems he's doing well when coming off the bench and his passing, dribbling, work rate and speed looks good. And it seems he came off the bench earlier and made a impact on the game.

Early days but it seems he's started the season well and will hopefully be in contention for a starting spot soon.

I hope he's just being eased in to the team and he won't be thrown to the wolves like against Celtic

I hope he's just being eased in to the team and he won't be thrown to the wolves like against Celtic
The problem is, Sunderland don't play a formation with wingers and one of their standout players this season is Patrick Roberts, who's a similar type of player so he's keeping Amad out of the team for now.

The problem is, Sunderland don't play a formation with wingers and one of their standout players this season is Patrick Roberts, who's a similar type of player so he's keeping Amad out of the team for now.
Overhyped Patrick roberts formerly of City and Celtic?

He’s being eased in, and the players ahead of him are doing well, similar to Casemiro. Also, it especially doesn’t make sense to drop in-form players for a loan signing.

I’m sure he’ll be in the team before long. I think he looks decent and has a lot of potential to be a star.

We don't seem to choose great clubs to loan our players out to, surely Spanish, French, Portuguese, italian league sides would have been wiser choices for amad.

If we are going to loan them out to English sides at least do some homework in making sure they will be in a great environment to excel, it's one area that Chelsea seem to have done really well with loaning out their young players

We don't seem to choose great clubs to loan our players out to, surely Spanish, French, Portuguese, italian league sides would have been wiser choices for amad.

If we are going to loan them out to English sides at least do some homework in making sure they will be in a great environment to excel, it's one area that Chelsea seem to have done really well with loaning out their young players

If you throw enough shit at the wall some of it will stick.