Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

cyberman

:lol: I hope this is just a wind up. He’d struggle to start at any PL team every week.
Then find him somewhere in between? If he’s finding the Championship so easy then it’s not doing him any good

Bondi77

Then find him somewhere in between? If he’s finding the Championship so easy then it’s not doing him any good
He is doing okay but is far from doing it easy.
If he ends up being in the Championship team of the year then we should review his next step.

Red00012

Where are the stats saying he’s finding the championship so easy ? He started 2 of their first 8 games and since then he has started 5 scored 3 and had one assist . Does 5 games define he’s too good for the Championship? He needs to spend a season there where he’s playing week in week out. He’s no experience of playing regularly at Atalanta , Utd or Rangers so he’s fine where he is for the moment.

Gycraig

Supports
Hull
We need to recall him so we have options, the likelihood of us getting anyone decent in Jan is low so Rashford is going to have to cover (god help us). If we do pick someone up we can just dump him into the reserves or wherever until the summer.
bring him back off a loan that he’s shining on and getting minutes at to sit on a bench sounds a great way to stall his career/make him want to leave.
He’s not gonna be game changing right now anyway, let him learn in the championship

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
bring him back off a loan that he’s shining on and getting minutes at to sit on a bench sounds a great way to stall his career/make him want to leave.
He’s not gonna be game changing right now anyway, let him learn in the championship

es[ with a manager who fancies him... as opposed to the turnip Giovanni.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bringing him back now makes no sense at all. We’ve plenty of options and he’s only just established himself as a top Championship player (one of many) He needs to prove he’s at that level for a hell of lot longer than half a dozen matches before we’d even begin to think he’s outgrown that league.

IRN-BRUno

Sunderland are back in Championship action today against Millwall with Amad starting. Live on Sky in just under an hour.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Looking decent in this game. Done some good dribbles.

jeff_goldblum

Millwall dominated the first 25 mins or so, but Sunderland are coming into it more now, mostly because they're getting the ball to Amad.

Edit: he should have scored just now but took one touch too many in the box

Idxomer

Should've shot quicker here but he's playing very well now after a frustrating 25 minutes.

Idxomer

If this were the World Cup, this game would've had 20 minutes of added time.

Remember the geese

He has been their best player. Sunderland are a better side when he is on the ball, although he doesn't see enough of it for my liking. At times he makes subtle movements into pockets of space, but this often goes unnoticed by his teammates or they simply choose the easier option due to lack of technique. Also, he needs to show the personality and courage of his convictions to pull Pritchard aside and tell him that he's not having another set piece.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Millwall are proper filthy.

phelans shorts

Some people seem determined to cut his legs from under him to prove they were right saying he was crap

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Mowbray has done a fantastic job of managing him so far, hopefully someone at the club takes note and send a few more youngsters his way in future.

Raven

Shame that I've had to miss another one of his games but delighted to hear he's doing well, I have high hopes for this lad.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Mowbray has done a fantastic job of managing him so far, hopefully someone at the club takes note and send a few more youngsters his way in future.
Don't they normally have a team within the club that just manages loanees? Video reports etc

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Best player on the pitch by a mile. Made things happen. Good to see Sunderland fans appreciate him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
fecking hell did he play that well today?
If Amad Diallo has million fans, then I'm one of them.

If Amad Diallo has five fans, I'm one of them.

If Amad Diallo has one fan, then I'm THAT ONE.

If Amad Diallo has no fans, that means I'm dead.

If the world is against Amad Diallo, then I’m against the world.

Remember the geese

He's doing really well there, but I wonder if it is tempting to recall him and send him on loan to a side who are more dominant in terms of possession and progressive with the ball. I think back to last season and how much of a joy it must have been for someone like Fabio Carvalho at Fulham. On that note, no reason why Amad can't come back here next season and compete with the likes of Antony and Sancho for game time. Tricky one though because he can't be sitting on the bench all season. Carvalho for instance, has been given plenty of opportunities thus far at Liverpool.

flappyjay

He's doing really well there, but I wonder if it is tempting to recall him and send him on loan to a side who are more dominant in terms of possession and progressive with the ball. I think back to last season and how much of a joy it must have been for someone like Fabio Carvalho at Fulham. On that note, no reason why Amad can't come back here next season and compete with the likes of Antony and Sancho for game time. Tricky one though because he can't be sitting on the bench all season. Carvalho for instance, has been given plenty of opportunities thus far at Liverpool.
We made that mistake with Laird last season. I think this season for Amad is about getting as many games as possible.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I mean he can learn a lot in a team that doesn't dominate too, he will have to learn to be more efficient with the ball and make the most of having the ball. I would let him see out the season at Sunderland as he seems settled and the manager rates him.