Amad Diallo | Sunderland Loan Watch

Thiagoal

His performance against Fulham was highly encouraging! ETH loves players that look after the ball and are great at making space. That is Amad all over!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Reading your posts in this thread is quite amusing.
Agenda.
No agenda, just plain old Rafa facts.

I want our players to do well, which he is.

I just don't go overboard with hype like some have on here, and that sticks out a mile in this thread.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No agenda, just plain old Rafa facts.

I want our players to do well, which he is.

I just don't go overboard with hype like some have on here, and that sticks out a mile in this thread.
Only highlighting negative is an agenda

Spaghetti

Mom's
Good job I haven't done that then.
You have a bit, champ.

I wouldn’t say it’s an agenda, maybe ridiculously high expectations. Things like “he’s hardly been in the game” as though you are expecting him to run the show like a prime Zidane.

Champ

You have a bit, champ.

I wouldn’t say it’s an agenda, maybe ridiculously high expectations. Things like “he’s hardly been in the game” as though you are expecting him to run the show like a prime Zidane.
The same could be said of people on here claiming he shouldn't be on the same pitch as his teammates due to his superior level of talent, some people have been taking it too far in the other direction.

My comments stick out like a sore thumb on here because I am not hyping the guy up with every single touch he has.
He's a talent, of that there's not denying and we are lucky to have him at United.
However for me he is not quite ready for first team action at United, he still drifts in and out of games too much, but there's definitely a player there.
He's young and this loan has been brilliant for him, hopefully he can come back next season and be a real asset and continue learning.

Spaghetti

Mom's
The same could be said of people on here claiming he shouldn't be on the same pitch as his teammates due to his superior level of talent, some people have been taking it too far in the other direction.

My comments stick out like a sore thumb on here because I am not hyping the guy up with every single touch he has.
He's a talent, of that there's not denying and we are lucky to have him at United.
However for me he is not quite ready for first team action at United, he still drifts in and out of games too much, but there's definitely a player there.
He's young and this loan has been brilliant for him, hopefully he can come back next season and be a real asset and continue learning.
I understand where you are coming from, and reading this forum you would sometimes think that he was throwing out Keane v Juve performances every week. But I think keeping the ball well and a couple of moments of magic per match are more than worthy of praise.

I agree that he is better off there for this season and recalling him would have been a mistake.

Mwooyo

Anthony drifts in and out of games. Hell even rashford drifts in and out of games. So many Manutd first team players drift in and out. Amad is ready for his shot next season. I dont think he needs another loan. Actually think he will displace anthony unless anthony drastically improves his dribbling when one on one

Crimson King

Anthony drifts in and out of games. Hell even rashford drifts in and out of games. So many Manutd first team players drift in and out. Amad is ready for his shot next season. I dont think he needs another loan. Actually think he will displace anthony unless anthony drastically improves his dribbling when one on one
That would be very unlikely. I'm pretty sure his output is very similar to Antony's, and that's playing in the Championship. Do you really think he's going to be able to make the jump to EPL level defenders and replicate that output straight away, let alone better it?

Antony still has a lot to improve on, but he's still young as well and will hopefully improve. He's better than Amad at the moment, so if that happens it'll be a while before he'll be displaced by him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
How complicated is the process to bring him back mid season? can we just recall him at anytime? I feel like if City and Arsenal starts throwing points away or if top 4 becomes tighter, we need to bring him back. Him being good at Sunderland is advantageous for us. Its like a new signing, another option who is different than what we have.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
How complicated is the process to bring him back mid season? can we just recall him at anytime? I feel like if City and Arsenal starts throwing points away or if top 4 becomes tighter, we need to bring him back. Him being good at Sunderland is advantageous for us. Its like a new signing, another option who is different than what we have.
Yeah it'll be great when the caf destroys him for not winning us the title

Fabio Rochemback

I'd lean towards loaning him to an EPL team, we're absolutely stacked for wingers at the moment and I don't think he'd play that much. It would have to be the right team of course, I'm not sure how much good playing for a team who see little of the ball.

Would people be dead against loaning him to Sunderland for another year?

Champ

I understand where you are coming from, and reading this forum you would sometimes think that he was throwing out Keane v Juve performances every week. But I think keeping the ball well and a couple of moments of magic per match are more than worthy of praise.

I agree that he is better off there for this season and recalling him would have been a mistake.
Yeah that's fair enough.

Maybe i am not as effusive with praise as I should be, I just hope he carries in this trajectory.

Champ

Anyone know why he's on the bench tonight?

There was no talk of injury earlier in the week, so can only presume he has been rested?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
not good enough to start for sunderland? another one we’ll be stuck paying their astronomical wages well into their mid-fifties, me thinks.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
not good enough to start for sunderland? another one we’ll be stuck paying their astronomical wages well into their mid-fifties, me thinks.
Not sure if you are being sarcastic, can never tell on this site anymore, what with the amount of caftards slating every player and his dog.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Not sure if you are being sarcastic, can never tell on this site anymore, what with the amount of caftards slating every player and his dog.
all our players are shit until they go somewhere else. then we didn’t get enough money for them.

Yup. That combover didn’t fool anyone.
it was when he brought his great grandson on to the pitch with him to pick up his ‘young player of the year’ award, that i first grew suspicious.

whitbyviking

Seems like the type of player who will be signed by a promoted team for around £20m. He’s far down the pecking order with us. That’s nothing against him, but he’d probably be 3rd/4th choice at best in the attacking positions? We’ve quietly amassed a bit of a stockpile of attacking options.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Seems like the type of player who will be signed by a promoted team for around £20m. He’s far down the pecking order with us. That’s nothing against him, but he’d probably be 3rd/4th choice at best in the attacking positions? We’ve quietly amassed a bit of a stockpile of attacking options.
We’re not gonna sell him for £20m when he cost £18m

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Well considering all of Rashford, Sancho and Antony are all a few years or more older than him, that is not really a surprise or a bad thing. He is a quality young player that would thrive with the coaching of ETH. There is nothing wrong with having the aforementioned 3, along with Garnacho, Pellistri and Amad. 6 wide players fighting for 2 positions, with 3 of them still very young and another 2 fairly young. Considering Sancho and Antony are not exactly tearing it up while being a few years older, it it unfair to expect more from Amad than them two who cost 3 times as much.

SAFMUTD

On the wing he has no chance, he's behind Rashford, Antony, Sancho and Garnacho at least. I think he can ultimately develop in to a number 8. Something like Bernardo Silva, he's got great control and touch and he lacks acceleration so I think he'll be eventually moved more centrally.

whitbyviking

Well considering all of Rashford, Sancho and Antony are all a few years or more older than him, that is not really a surprise or a bad thing. He is a quality young player that would thrive with the coaching of ETH. There is nothing wrong with having the aforementioned 3, along with Garnacho, Pellistri and Amad. 6 wide players fighting for 2 positions, with 3 of them still very young and another 2 fairly young. Considering Sancho and Antony are not exactly tearing it up while being a few years older, it it unfair to expect more from Amad than them two who cost 3 times as much.
It’s absolutely nothing against him as I said. I just can’t see him wanting to go from doing well and playing a lot to being benched and 3rd/4th choice. Fernandes gets preferred out wide to Pellistri for example, and you’d think Amad would be behind Pellistri. This is why he seems a potential example of the type of player promoted teams go for, and if he ended up being a £20m player that’s definitely an accolade and not a knock. The promoted teams make signings with half an eye on the championship, which is why players who’ve done it at that level are often bought by them (in my opinion)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I do worry a little bit about the fact he just won’t get a fair crack solely down to numbers we have. I think Pellistri probably goes on a permanent deal and Elanga goes on loan in the summer.

If the above materialises we’re left with Rashford; Fernandes; Sancho; Antony; Garnacho; Amad

6 players for 3 positions does seems like a little bit of overkill. Especially considering ten Hag isn’t a huge advocate on squad rotation. Any chances he gets in preseason or late in the summer he will have to take with both hands.

whitbyviking

I do worry a little bit about the fact he just won’t get a fair crack solely down to numbers we have. I think Pellistri probably goes on a permanent deal and Elanga goes on loan in the summer.

If the above materialises we’re left with Rashford; Fernandes; Sancho; Antony; Garnacho; Amad

6 players for 3 positions does seems like a little bit of overkill. Especially considering ten Hag isn’t a huge advocate on squad rotation. Any chances he gets in preseason or late in the summer he will have to take with both hands.
I hadn’t even considered Elanga, who’s had a lot of game time over Garnacho and Pellistri. Actually forgot about him, but i would hope the experiment of playing him is done.

I honestly don’t think it’s a knock on Amad to suggest a promoted team, or a lower PL club, would potentially buy him. He’s played well enough to show he is a commodity, compared to his previous loan where he didn’t look good.