Amadou Haidara

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We will literally continue this strategy so don’t care what you think. Half the muppets on here feel the club can survive on buying the Justin Kliuvert’s of this world whilst we never do that.

So comeback to me in the summer when we buy a well known CM.
Christ. Finding the best players for our managers system is what’s best. Not the biggest name. Clueless.

SAF is the GOAT

Bruno wasn't a star player but we all knew he has potential.

That's the strategy we had before and that's the strategy we need to have now.

If Ralf knows him and he thinks that Haidara can play for us - I trust him

Mainoldo

Going for big names is what we've been doing over the last 8 years and it's only backfired.

Finding the right player is the important part, not the glitzy name. How many people turned their nose up to Mane, Wijnaldum or even Jota? all players we could have signed easily but went for the bigger name.

I trust Rangnick to find a player he thinks is correct.
Im not talking about big name. I’m talking about the best players. Mane, Gigi and Jota were the clubs best players. Your talking about guys with pedigree. We seem to want unhidden gems. Is Haidara top 3 at Lipseig? Is he better than Kampl?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Im not talking about big name. I’m talking about the best players. Mane, Gigi and Jota were the clubs best players. Your talking about guys with pedigree. We seem to want unhidden gems. Is Haidara top 3 at Lipseig? Is he better than Kampl?
I don't watch a lot of Leipzig so I can't give you an honest answer. If he fits the mould that we want though (hard worker, good presser, can tackle and pass well) then why not?

I'm not sure the links to Haidara are true anyway, seem to be the press putting 1+1 together (we need a MF, he's from Rangnicks old club)

Mainoldo

I don't watch a lot of Leipzig so I can't give you an honest answer. If he fits the mould that we want though (hard worker, good presser, can tackle and pass well) then why not?

I'm not sure the links to Haidara are true anyway, seem to be the press putting 1+1 together (we need a MF, he's from Rangnicks old club)
James Ward-Prowse fits that role. We have gaping hole in the position we don’t need more journey men with the right attributes trying to fix it. We need the best in class. The Bellingham, Tchoumini’s. Our issue is we brought good players with no idea of our playing style. We should have a playing style now. We still need GOOD players just players that fit that style though.

Haidara ain’t good enough.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
James Ward-Prowse fits that role. We have gaping hole in the position we don’t need more journey men with the right attributes trying to fix it. We need the best in class. The Bellingham, Tchoumini’s. Our issue is we brought good players with no idea of our playing style. We should have a playing style now. We still need GOOD players just players that fit that style though.

Haidara ain’t good enough.
Well yeah I agree on that. Can't vouch for Haidara as I've seen little of him, but all players of that mould will do.

I'd love Tchouameni myself, perfect player for that high press role next to fred IMO.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Jota was absolutely not Wolves best player. No one saw that as a great transfer at the time. More people talked up Adama and Jimenez

the_cliff

My perfect CM would be Bellingham. I know Ralf is a fan I can see it happening, he's ready imo and would walk into our midfield. Exceptional talent.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I personally have never thought he's very good, I preferred Konrad Laimer in their midfield but he is coming back from a major injury last year.

But if Ralf wants him then he should be a good option, he would know him very well.

romufc

Jota was absolutely not Wolves best player. No one saw that as a great transfer at the time. More people talked up Adama and Jimenez
This is what happens when you get information from the media. They don't represent the realirt.

No one saw it because no one realised how good he was for Wolves.

17/18 - Championship 18 goals 6 assists
18/19 - 10 goals 7 assists
19/20 - 16 goals 6 assists

Playing on the wing, on the contrary lets look at Adama

17/18 - 5 goals 12 assists
18/19 - 1 goal 3 assists
19/20 - 6 goals 12 assists

I mean that is not even comparable, Jota was clear of Adama.

Dosse

Ragnick's style made a good first impression on me this weekend. I look forward to his signings and if Haidara is the first im sure were in for some fun!

Mainoldo

To you!! People that watched Wolves rated him the sameway if you watch Wolves you rate Pedro Neto. So don’t chat it. He was Top 5 in that team comfortably.

He could of played here.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You have to be kidding me if some one said no one rated Jota from Wolves. He was one of their best players

distant_red

Amadou dou dou, pass to Rashy, set him free
Amadou dou dou, bail out Harry, or it's three
On the left, on the right, find a through-ball to Ronnie
Run and tackle every match, gegenpress for big Ralfie
Nice :)

Whenever I heard Zagadou's name I started hearing that song in my head as well.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Your best players scores and assists goals. Last time I checked goals win matches.
That's a pretty linear way of looking at things though, isn't it? Even if we want to look at it in such a black and white fashion, Jimenez was clear of both Adama and Jota.

18/19 - 17G 8A
19/20 - 27G 10A

Moutinho has been either their best player or second best player since he joined, right up until the time he started to decline (which wasn't while Jota was still at the club), with Neves being outstanding in the season they were in the Championship. There was honestly just never a time Jota was Wolves's best player by any metric.

romufc

That's a pretty linear way of looking at things though, isn't it? Even if we want to look at it in such a black and white fashion, Jimenez was clear of both Adama and Jota.

18/19 - 17G 8A
19/20 - 27G 10A

Moutinho has been either their best player or second best player since he joined, right up until the time he started to decline (which wasn't while Jota was still at the club), with Neves being outstanding in the season they were in the Championship. There was honestly just never a time Jota was Wolves's best player by any metric.
No, I do not mean best player, but neither was he far from it.

He was always trouble when we played against him.

vanrooney

haidara is a top talent. he really stood out at rb salzburg and was hold back a bit because of an injury at leipzig. he would be class and is a united fan - buy him

Ekeke

Comparison with McT and a bunch of midfielders

He averages 4 more passes and 2 more presses per 90 mins than McTominay and just under 5 more touches. Also less tackles and interceptions than McTominay this season (more last season).

Looks a pretty meager upgrade, perhaps just looking to add depth to the Fred and McTominay options rather than outright replacing one

Devil may care

His press conference confirmed signings like this are off the card. Good.

Never know the obsession with players that are not ready for our level, just so we can feel like we buy smart like Dortmund. Let the Lipseig and Dortmund’s sign this and we will pinch them when they are ready and by ready I mean the best player at their club.
Did it? From what he said he wanted players coming for their first or second big contract, this lad seems to fit that bill, not that I'm saying we should buy him, unilt Rangnick came I'd never heard of him and the link seems based purely off the Ralph/RB history.

Mainoldo

Did it? From what he said he wanted players coming for their first or second big contract, this lad seems to fit that bill, not that I'm saying we should buy him, unilt Rangnick came I'd never heard of him and the link seems based purely off the Ralph/RB history.
He said we would want players ideally who are already better than what we have.

RUCK4444

Why are we talking as though this one is even likely? I haven't seen any reliable links, unless I've missed them?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He said we would want players ideally who are already better than what we have.
How does that in anyway insinuate we won’t be after Haidara. Who is streets ahead of McTominay :houllier:

Mainoldo

How does that in anyway insinuate we won’t be after Haidara. Who is streets ahead of McTominay :houllier:
Is he? Can I trust your judgement? Why is he streaks ahead of him? Why has nobody identified this guy as someone we should get before these reports?

As you are aware of this guy. Is he better than Bissouma and why?

lloyd2wayne

He’s been at the club for a minute. What does he know about McTominay the player to assume that guy is better?

No one even know’s this bloody guy.
The fact that he’s been here a minute doesn’t mean he doesn’t watch Manchester United. The guy himself said he watches us often including our last 6 games even before he knew he would be manager. And anyone who watches Mctominay will know he doesn’t cut it at United.

I don’t even get your argument.

Mainoldo

The fact that he’s been here a minute doesn’t mean he doesn’t watch Manchester United. The guy himself said he watches us often including our last 6 games even before he knew he would be manager. And anyone who watches Mctominay will know he doesn’t cut it at United.

I don’t even get your argument.
My arguement is you are telling me that this guy who you don’t know is better than McTominay who’s opinion from Ralf you don’t know. All because you believe something that isn’t true.

Maybe just see this play out and stop pretending you know something you don’t.

lloyd2wayne

My arguement is you are telling me that this guy who you don’t know is better than McTominay who’s opinion from Ralf you don’t know. All because you believe something that isn’t true.

Maybe just see this play out and stop pretending you know something you don’t.
I’m just happy we are addressing our midfield issue. I have faith in Ralf Rangnick when it comes to picking out talents, he has done it over and over again. There’s nothing to moan about whether it’s fake news or not.

We need a midfielder in January, we aren’t going to go sign a world class player in a January transfer, it barely happens.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

To you!! People that watched Wolves rated him the sameway if you watch Wolves you rate Pedro Neto. So don’t chat it. He was Top 5 in that team comfortably.

He could of played here.
Top 5 isn't the same as Best Player.

I thought Jota was decent, but did not expect what he ended up doing at Liverpool. Very few did

Mainoldo

Top 5 isn't the same as Best Player.

I thought Jota was decent, but did not expect what he ended up doing at Liverpool. Very few did
No just you tbf. Most people rated him and knew he would just be taking his talents to a bigger platform. He’s doing exactly what he did for Wolves at Liverpool it’s just more noticeable.

Also top 5 is just giving Wolves players credit. I’ll mention Neto ago… he’s easily there most talented player but you have to respect their most consistent performers like Jimenez, Adama, Moutinho etc.

My point still remains, if you don’t standout as the best performer or talent within a lower level team why should United want them based on the current squad we have. It’s counterproductive.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Comparison with McT and a bunch of midfielders

He averages 4 more passes and 2 more presses per 90 mins than McTominay and just under 5 more touches. Also less tackles and interceptions than McTominay this season (more last season).

Looks a pretty meager upgrade, perhaps just looking to add depth to the Fred and McTominay options rather than outright replacing one
You shouldn't do the analysis like that, he is a much better player than both
I think we should look at other though, because I think we should look for someone who can offer control of the ball