Amadou Haidara

Abraxas

I'm really afraid that we're getting Keita 2.0 if we'll go for him tbh
Based on what, the clubs they played for and that's about it?

Keita was a goalscorer, this guy isn't, they don't appear all that similar. Also Keita is not a bad footballer, he's not been fit or managed to get any consistency. It's not like having the talent of Keita is the worst acquisition in the world, if we could get that but he actually played 90% of matches and therefore could fulfill his potential that would improve us.

LuckyScout78

I have recongnized this boy and name around few years back. When United met Leipzig. But since i havent seen him in full matches.
I have just watched some clips of him on youtube. Both focus on ballwinner/defensive and the creative and offensive part of his game.

The positive sides of him. From mine observing. Based on youtube videos :
+ I think he is better with the ball than McFred. Not so much better. But its the basic ball skill. Like passing players with the ball, passing and combination with his teammates. It is where i think he is a bit better than McFred. In other words bit upgrade.

+ He is not a mood player. Looks like an outgoing boy and player. It will help him to adapt to new culture, life and place quicker and more easily. And he definitely has that fighting spirit and mentality. On consistent level.

But again. I dont know what United interim manager want. If he want cm player that is good at ballwinning part of job or adding more top class and conistent top creative from cm. Its up to him.

But from my point of view. Of United cm problems is. Has been always that United need a new top and world class nr.8. A new cm that are closest to Scholes, peak Modric, Joshua Kimmich and Yaya Toure level. Closest to world class level as possible.

So to compare Haidara others top cm players. I think so far i will category him more in the group and direction of a allround cm player. He is definitely not a Scholes, Modric or Toure. More or Viera and Kante direction.
And if Kante is a world class and top class level of a allround cm player. I will give Haidara 4.5 out of 5. Haidara is 23 and still young. The last 0.5 point is the gap between very close to top level and the top level. Winning Bundesliga or Premier league in the future. Haidara is clearly not a world class level yet. But definitely a very good allround cm player. And like i said above. I think a bit better than McFred on the basic ball skills.

But again. I think United interim manager and the OP of this thread have make a better research than me. I just made a quick research on youtube videos.

But the age and his MV = 24 Euro mill. If the price is max 10 over his MV. I think can turn out to be a good price and buy.

For me. I am considering Fabian Ruiz from Napoli and Spain. A 25 years younger Matic version. A left cm player. My head is saying him. Its his dictating, passing and combination with the attacking 4 and his scoring ability from outside the box. Are the reasons i think Fabian is what United needed. If United want to control and dominate close to City level. United need to buy a cm that boss the central midfield. Control the ball, the tempo and combination from that area.
25 and two years older than Haidara. And MV at 45 mill Euro.

I like Fabian curling goals outside the box. A precise good left foot.

Last edited:

city-puma

I have recongnized this boy and name around few years back. When United met Leipzig. But since i havent seen him in full matches.
I have just watched some clips of him on youtube. Both focus on ballwinner/defensive and the creative and offensive part of his game.

+ I think he is better with the ball than McFred. Not so much better. But its the basic ball skill. Like passing players with the ball, passing and combination with his teammates. It is where i think he is a bit better than McFred. In other words bit upgrade.

+ He is not a mood player. Looks like an outgoing boy and player. It will help him to adapt to new culture, life and place quicker and more easily. And he definitely has that fighting spirit and mentality. On consistent level.

But again. I dont know what United interim manager want. If he want cm player that is good at ballwinning part of job or adding more top class and conistent top creative from cm. Its up to him.

But from my point of view. Of United cm problems is. Has been always that United need a new top and world class nr.8. A new cm that are closest to Scholes, peak Modric, Joshua Kimmich and Yaya Toure level. Closest to world class level as possible.

So to compare Haidara others top cm players. I think so far i will category him more in the group and direction of a allround cm player. He is definitely not a Scholes, Modric or Toure. More or Viera and Kante direction.
And if Kante is a world class and top class level of a allround cm player. I will give Haidara 4.5 out of 5. Haidara is 23 and still young. The last 0.5 point is the gap between very close to top level and the top level. Winning Bundesliga or Premier league in the future. Haidara is clearly not a world class level yet. But definitely a very good allround cm player. And like i said above. I think a bit better than McFred on the basic ball skills.

But again. I think United interim manager and the OP of this thread have make a better research than me. I just made a quick research on youtube videos.

But the age and his MV = 24 Euro mill. If the price is max 10 over his MV. I think can turn out to be a good price and buy.

For me. I am considering Fabian Ruiz from Napoli and Spain. A 25 years younger Matic version. A left cm player. My head is saying him. Its his dictating, passing and combination with the attacking 4 and his scoring ability from outside the box. Are the reasons i think Fabian is what United needed. If United want to control and dominate close to City level. United need to buy a cm that boss the central midfield. Control the ball, the tempo and combination from that area.

I think our squad miss the energy. If either of McFred is unavailable, we are almost for sure in trouble. From the YouTube video clips, he has plenty of energy. Also, he seems extremely versatile. He plays left, right, and central, upper or deeper roles. He can definitely partner Fred, but how he does with McT? Big question mark I think. Maybe he can partner VDB?

TrustInOle

Brilliant overview as always, thanks alot!

Bwuk

I don’t know much about him, but we are desperate. Our midfields a shambles.

Mainoldo

I don’t know much about him, but we are desperate. Our midfields a shambles.
There’s a guy from the same country as him who is better than him at relatively the same piece. Oh and he plays in England.

Bwuk

There’s a guy from the same country as him who is better than him at relatively the same piece. Oh and he plays in England.
No-one is touching Bissouma until the allegations are dealt with, otherwise I’d agree.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Him and Tielemans in a double swoop is a great solution if he is cleared.

Both have 1 year left on their contracts in the summer.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Regardless of who we go for, i think we have to be cute in the window. Spunking 100 million on rice is just madness. For 45 million or thereabouts, no question.

If you look at liverpool over the last few years buying cheap enough in general (Virgil aside), that is what we should be doing.

If we spend 100 million on rice, he is not a 100 million pound player. Look what happned to pogba.

DavelinaJolie

It's getting pretty tedious seeing people bringing up Bissouma like there's not a massive fecking issue there.

Bwuk

Regardless of who we go for, i think we have to be cute in the window. Spunking 100 million on rice is just madness. For 45 million or thereabouts, no question.

If you look at liverpool over the last few years buying cheap enough in general (Virgil aside), that is what we should be doing.

If we spend 100 million on rice, he is not a 100 million pound player. Look what happned to pogba.
Liverpool have spent a lot of £££ to get to where they are. Was Allison not the most expensive GK in the world?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Liverpool have spent a lot of £££ to get to where they are. Was Allison not the most expensive GK in the world?
They mainly buy cheap enough. Salah was cheap enough. Jota, robertson, mane as well.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Rangnick will be thrown under the bus by the board.

They expect him to work miracles with one of the worst midfield in the league. The situation is so dire that any half decent value signing will be an improvement over what he currently have.

The knobs can spend more on donny and have him benched but won't loosen the purse strings for a cheaper player who'll be a regular starter.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Getting the old hurry up from the agents/RB after a negative result. If Ralf is as shit hot as he’s supposed to be he will have a plan and if Haidara is part of it he’ll be here soon either way. It’s Sounding more like a cheap punt for Zakaria is on the cards if anything? I doubt the board is digging their heels in over a signing when it’s clear CL qualification hangs in the balance. Surely even our bungling owners can see that we are flogging a dead horse with Matic McT and poor auld Fred.

Anustart89

Rangnick will be thrown under the bus by the board.

They expect him to work miracles with one of the worst midfield in the league. The situation is so dire that any half decent value signing will be an improvement over what he currently have.

The knobs can spend more on donny and have him benched but won't loosen the purse strings for a cheaper player who'll be a regular starter.
Yup. This midfield was shite three years ago and we still haven’t done anything about it. Now we get a manager that’s identified midfield as an issue and they just go “nope”. Idiots.

CloneMC16

I've never watched this guy play, but statistically, he looks nothing like a #6. He stats make him look far more like an attacking midfielder. Does anybody that watches the Bundesliga know where he actually plays? If we attempt to sign another box to box player, that would be really stupid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And how would you describe Kante if not as B2B.
For Chelsea, sure. Because Chelsea play with 2 CMs. For France he plays more like a holding mid, and is still fantastic at it

But i digress. Tchouameni really isn't much different from Kante, yeah, though he doesn't have that same "be everywhere, all the time" quality. He's closer to Casemiro imo, more of a positional monster.

Btw that's pretty much what sets Kante apart from the rest. There's no other who can dominate the midfield without the ball like him
Not that this is conclusive evidence or anything, but Haidara(and samassekou) benches Bissouma for Mali

Mainoldo

For Chelsea, sure. Because Chelsea play with 2 CMs. For France he plays more like a holding mid, and is still fantastic at it

But i digress. Tchouameni really isn't much different from Kante, yeah, though he doesn't have that same "be everywhere, all the time" quality. He's closer to Casemiro imo, more of a positional monster.

Btw that's pretty much what sets Kante apart from the rest. There's no other who can dominate the midfield without the ball like him

Not that this is conclusive evidence or anything, but Haidara(and samassekou) benches Bissouma for Mali
He only just came back due to a dispute with the Nation.

Matt007a

Rangnick has built his reputation on signing the right players for his style of football hasn’t he? Why hire someone with those strengths and then not back him in the market? It makes no sense to me. Haidara isn’t a house hold name or world class player but he fits exactly into the style Rangnick wants to play.

Liverpool don’t sign world class midfielders but they are perfect for the way Klopp plays and that makes them turn out great performances on a regular basis because everyone plays to their strengths.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Because he's a interim manager. He'll be gone in a blink of a eye with the way this season is heading.
Oh, and United are run by eejits.

Holocene

I've never watched this guy play, but statistically, he looks nothing like a #6. He stats make him look far more like an attacking midfielder. Does anybody that watches the Bundesliga know where he actually plays? If we attempt to sign another box to box player, that would be really stupid.
He's box to box.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
To be fair, if you type in Bissouma into the Google search engine you get 0 news regarding him being on suspicion of sexual assault.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
When are these motherfeckers gonna put in the damn bid? Are they counting each fecking £1 coin and then gonna send pigeons over to carry it or what?

Gordon S

Not what we need then. I know people are desperate for a midfielder, but this isn't it. We have enough box to box midfielders.
We have Fred and Scott Mctominay, and maybe, if we are feeling very generous we could include players like Donny and Pogba there as well. There is no big mystery to why our managers are picking Scott and Fred almost every time they are fit despite not being very good. We could definitely use another box to box player.

Rocknrolla69er

Did someone say not what we need because he's used as a box to box midfielder, jesus wept.

The guys very mobile, Matic isnt
He's positionally intelligent Mctominay isn't
He's an accurate passer and physically competent Fred isn't.
He's consistent all the above arnt

He's everything we're lacking.......

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When are these motherfeckers gonna put in the damn bid? Are they counting each fecking £1 coin and then gonna send pigeons over to carry it or what?
He's away at AFCON.

Whatever happens it won't happen quickly